- South Sudan warring leaders to meet Wednesday, Ethiopia says
South Sudan's warring leaders will meet face-to-face for the first time in almost two years on Wednesday amid efforts to end a five-year civil war, the government of neighboring Ethiopia said Tuesday.
Elias Meseret. Fox News. Tue, 19 Jun 2018 12:41:07 GMT.
- Govt 'fails' on indigenous housing: mayors
Mayors from across Australia have taken the Turnbull government to task for failing to stump up cash for housing in remote indigenous communities.A ...
Daily Mail. Tue, 19 Jun 2018 04:33:39 +0100.
- Saudi Soccer Team Safe After Rossiya Plane Engine Catches Fire
Saudi Arabia's national soccer team says its players are safe after an engine caught fire on their plane as it was landing in Rostov-on-Don, Russia, where they are due to play their next World Cup match.
Radio Liberty. Tue, 19 Jun 2018 03:06:14 +0000.
- As Trade Fight Escalates, Beer Makers Fret Over the Cost of Aluminum
Brewers want the government to examine the way a benchmark measure of the thinly traded physical aluminum markets is calculated, saying it could be manipulated.
Matt Phillips. New York Times. Tue, 19 Jun 2018 03:01:44 GMT.
- UPDATE 1-Intel has paths around Trump's China tariffs, analysts say
June 18 (Reuters) - Intel Corp, the world's biggest chipmaker by revenue and a prominent U.S. manufacturer, could avoid the most severe effects of a new list of Chinese tariffs proposed by U.S. ...
Reuters. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 22:57:51 -0400.
- Laura Ingraham: Migrant child detention centers 'essentially summer camps'
Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Monday described the child detention facilities housing immigrant youth as "essentially summer camps."Ingraham's comments come amid growing outcry over the ...
Avery Anapol. The Hill. Tue, 19 Jun 2018 02:41:08 +0000.
- Income tax cut battle raging as Labor rejects most of the Government's plan
The Federal Opposition says it will not vote for most of the Government's plan to cut income tax over seven years.
Louise Yaxley. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tue, 19 Jun 2018 12:35:30 +1000.
- Coral reef 'oases' offer glimmer of hope
Scientists have discovered small communities of corals that are flourishing against the odds while so many around the world are dying.
Science Daily. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 22:24:54 EDT.
- Male Writers Remain Over-Represented In Literary Publications, New Study Finds
Last year, just two of the 15 biggest literary magazines analyzed had published more women writers' articles than articles by men, according to VIDA Count 2017, the most recent look at gender disparity in the literary magazine world.
By Adam Rowe, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 22:15:00 -0400.
- Dreamworld inquest: The fatal 20 seconds after Thunder River Rapids ride catastrophe
A forensic crash investigator has told the second day of the inquest into the Dreamworld tragedy there were 20 critical seconds after the Thunder River Rapids rafts collided and if the emergency stop button was pressed it may ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 19 Jun 2018 13:43:08 +1200.
- New Report Release: The Late-Night Threat: Science, Harms, and Costs of Extending Bar Service Hours
SAN FRANCISCO, June 18, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- California Alcohol Policy Alliance (CAPA), and Alcohol Justice, will release a timely new report on the statewide public health and safety threats of extending alcohol sales to 4 a.m. ...
PR Newswire. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 21:36:00 EDT.
- Law Professor Turley: Obstruction Case Against Trump 'Virtually Inconceivable'
An obstruction case against President Donald Trump is "virtually inconceivable," George Washington Law professor Jonathan Turley told Fox News Monday."
Newsmax. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 21:32:21 EDT.
- Meghan broke down in tears at news dad was unable to walk her down the aisle
Meghan Markle's father has said he expects his daughter will want to have children soon, and his daughter broke down in tears when he confessed he would not be attending her wedding to Prince Harry.
Irish Independent. Tue, 19 Jun 2018 02:30:00 +0100.
- The National
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 21:00:00 EDT.
- Trump told Apple CEO iPhones will be spared from China tariffs - New York Times
The newspaper reported that Cook travelled to the White House last month to warn Trump of the potentially adverse effects of Trump's trade policies on Apple in China but did not specify precisely when Trump made the commitment to Cook. ...
Yahoo. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 20:58:34 -0400.
- WATCH: Gaming disorder added to the International Classification of Diseases
The World Health Organization said gaming becomes a problem when physical or psychological health, social life or other daily activities are affected.
ABC News. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 20:47:04 -0400.
- Pogba and more: World Cup haircuts to watch
As the world's top players show off their football skills, who scores top marks for the snappiest trim?
BBC News. Tue, 19 Jun 2018 00:04:52 GMT.
- Norway Tests Tiny Electric Plane, Sees Passenger Flights by 2025
Norway tested a two-seater electric plane on Monday and predicted a start to passenger flights by 2025 if new aviation technologies match a green shift that has made Norwegians the world's top buyers of electric cars. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 20:00:58 -0400.
- Taliban fighters anger leaders by posing for selfies with Afghan government troops during ceasefire
Militants visited towns and cities during unprecedented halt in conflict
Chris Baynes. The Independent. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 23:53:34 +0000.
- Cash-strapped Montana government agencies could get $46M
HELENA, Mont. (AP) - Montana legislative analysts say there may be enough revenue to return millions of dollars to cash-strapped government agencies that slashed their spending over the past year. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 19:18:09 -0400.