- Penny Marshall tributes: Stars honor director and Laverne & Shirley star as she dies aged 75
Celebrities including Rosie O'Donnell, Billy Crystal, Danny DeVito and William Shatner took to Twitter to honor the much-loved Laverne & Shirley star and Big director after news of her loss swept the internet.
Daily Mail. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 22:07:04 GMT.
- The 10 Most Customer-Focused Companies In South America
South American companies face the volatile world of instability and inflation, but they still show that focusing on customers can lead to success. Here are 10 of the most customer-focused companies in South America.
By Blake Morgan, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 17:04:00 -0500.
- Rethinking Radicalisation
How the West's dealing with perceived threats of a post-9/11 world affects young people vulnerable to radicalisation.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 22:03:10 GMT.
- FedEx cuts 2019 view on European softness, global trade concerns
U.S. package delivery company FedEx Corp on Tuesday lowered its 2019 forecast, citing weakness in Europe and signs that global trade is faltering, sending its shares down 5.1 percent in after-hours trade.
Reuters. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 17:02:23 -0500.
- Partially blind Michigan woman vanishes in Peru
She wanted to see the world before she went blind, now Carla Valpeoz of Detroit is missing in Peru.
ABC News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:55:27 -0500.
- Alaska Editorials
Here is a sampling of Alaska editorials: Dec. 16, 2018 Fairbanks Daily News-Miner: Rudeness online is much too common: Don't be part of the problem on social media Trolls, haters, bullies - they're everywhere on the internet. ...
The Associated Press. Washington Times. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:17:29 -0500.
- Armenia Named The Economist's 'Country Of The Year'
The Economist has named Armenia as its country of the year, saying the South Caucasus nation has a "chance of democracy and renewal" after street protests led to a peaceful change of government.
Radio Liberty. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 21:07:36 +0000.
- Transport needs to evolve as population grows
Next October, Singapore will host the prestigious Intelligent Transport Systems World Congress.
Straits Times. Wed, 19 Dec 2018 05:00:00 +0800.
- Trump retreats on US government shutdown threat over wall
The White House says it has found other sources of funding, a claim dismissed by Democrats.
BBC News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 20:52:53 GMT.
- Trump backs off $5bn border wall demand to avoid government shutdown
The White House is looking to gain funding from all Cabinet agencies
Sarah Harvard. The Independent. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 20:45:53 +0000.
- Oklahoman editor Kelly Dyer Fry named newspaper's publisher
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - The Oklahoman has a new publisher. The newspaper's owner, GateHouse Media, announced Tuesday that Kelly Dyer Fry is now publisher. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:45:05 -0500.
- Medical News Today: How can I balance my hormones?
There are many ways to help balance hormones, including managing stress and maintaining healthful sleep, exercise, and dietary habits. Learn more about natural ways to balance hormones here.
Medical News Today. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 12:00:00 PST.
- Manchester United sack Jose Mourinho: African football fans react
African football fans react the news that Manchester United have sacked their manager, Jose Mourinho.
BBC News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 19:53:58 GMT.
- Belgian Prime Minister resigns over backlash to UN migration pact
Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel has resigned amid pressure on his government, after the biggest party in his coalition quit over his support for a UN-backed migration pact.
Irish Independent. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 19:39:45 +0000.
- Rep. Pete King: Border Wall Needed; Govt Shutdown Not
Shutting down the government is not necessary, despite the needs of a border wall, according to Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y.
Newsmax. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:38:31 EDT.
- Netflix makes the case for a stay-at-home New Year's Eve - CNET
Two surveys claim that most people would rather stay in for New Year's Eve. Of course, that's good news for Netflix.
Mike Sorrentino. CNET. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 19:04:42 +0000.
- Nobel Winner Wants To Start Fund For Women Sexually Assaulted In Conflict
Accepting the peace prize, Dr. Denis Mukwege called for a global fund to compensate survivors of sexual violence. He's already laying the groundwork, but challenges loom.
Diane Cole. NPR. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 13:59:00 -0500.
- Unbuttoned: The Biggest Fake News in Fashion
Untangling the origins of a myth repeated so often that no one thought to question it.
Vanessa Friedman. New York Times. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 18:27:44 GMT.
- Global Markets in Red for 2018: 8 Inverse ETF Winners
These inverse ETFs stole the show in 2018.
Sanghamitra Saha. Zacks. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 18:00:00 GMT.
- Netflix renews Chilling Adventures of Sabrina for parts 3 and 4 - CNET
The renewal comes months ahead of part 2's debut.
Mike Sorrentino. CNET. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 17:54:25 +0000.