- Gen Re uses SAS to prepare globally for IFRS 17
CARY, N.C., Nov. 14, 2018 -- While the new International Financial Reporting Standard 17 (IFRS 17) will take effect Jan. 1, 2021, insurers should start preparing now. ...
PR Newswire. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 14:17:00 +0000.
- 7 Tips for Raising Kids Who Are Global Citizens
In their mid-30s, Akeelah Kuraishi and her husband Tim Minnick quit their advertising jobs to travel the world. ...
By Meimei Fox, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 09:15:00 -0500.
- British mother begs for help saving daughter in Yemen, 30 years after she was abducted by her father
Safia, 34, was snatched from her mother in Cardiff in 1986 and taken to Yemen. She now lives with four children in war-ravished Aden but the government say they cannot help them.
Daily Mail. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 14:10:07 +0000.
- May hints at U-turn over fixed-odds betting terminals
It comes after 70 MPs call on the government to cut the largest wager on FOBTs from April.
BBC News. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 14:07:36 GMT.
- Oil finds floor, stocks ease, sterling braces for wild swings
Oil prices bounced from multi-month lows on Wednesday but stocks fell as disappointing data heightened worries over slowing global growth, while the pound wavered as Prime Minister Theresa May faced the hard task of selling her Brexit deal.
Reuters. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 08:57:04 -0500.
- 'We have stories to tell': Inside Lebanon's refugee newsroom
Campji, a news channel in Beirut, is dedicated to stories of refugees told by the refugees themselves.
Al Jazeera. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 13:55:11 GMT.
- Austria not planning to expel Russian diplomats over latest 'spy' saga
The Austrian government said on November 9 that they had launched an investigation into a 70-year-old retired colonel, suspected of working for Russian intelligence since the 1990s
Tass. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 16:52:06 +0300.
- Nicola Sturgeon says Brexit deal bad for Scotland
Scotland's first minister says the draft deal is the "worst of both worlds" as her party pledges to oppose the proposals.
BBC News. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 13:43:31 GMT.
- 'More holes than cheese': A recap of what Theresa May's Brexit deal means for Brits in Europe
British Prime Minister Theresa May will present her already much-maligned Brexit deal to her government on Wednesday. ...
The Local. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 14:41:48 +0100.
- WATCH: Exclusive 1st look as Monica Lewinsky speaks out on Clinton
ABC News has an exclusive first look at a new interview from Lewinsky for A&E in which she talks about the first time she met former President Bill Clinton and her regrets today.
ABC News. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 08:24:57 -0500.
- Global Garden Planters and Pots Market 2018-2022 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN - The "Global Garden Planters and Pots Market 2018-2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. ... ...
Business Wire. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 13:21:00 UTC.
- Macedonia Jails Two Ex-Officials After Gruevski's Escape
Macedonian authorities detained two former government officials currently on trial for corruption, after ex-Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski fled to Hungary to avoid serving a two-year prison term.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 13:20:31 +0000.
- 4 Digital Marketing Trends That Will Transform Travel and Hospitality Industry
The travel and hospitality industry is one of the world's largest industries with a global economic contribution of over 7.6 trillion U.S. ...
Hsyndicate. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 15:12:25 +0200.
- Government to accelerate crackdown on betting machines
The government will bring forward a crackdown on betting machines in the face of a potential rebellion, Sky News understands.
Sky News. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 13:10:00 +0000.
- Italy faces higher borrowing costs, sanctions on budget
MILAN (AP) - Italian borrowing costs have risen after the populist government resubmitted draft budget proposals without the significant changes sought by the European Commission. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 08:05:32 -0500.
- Trump supporter banned from Disney World after holding 'Keep America great' sign on roller coaster
Dion Cini said he used a 'guerilla marketing' tactic to help generate support for the US president's campaign
Lindsey Bever. The Independent. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 13:00:03 +0000.
- Medical News Today: What to know about late-stage hepatitis C
Hepatitis C is a viral infection that can cause substantial liver damage, particularly in the later stages. The treatment and outlook will depend on the progression of the disease. Learn more here.
Medical News Today. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 04:00:00 PST.
- Israel defence minister quits after ceasefire, government in turmoil
Israeli Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman announced his resignation on Wednesday and called for early elections after a sharp disagreement over a Gaza ceasefire deal, throwing the government into turmoil. ...
Yahoo. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 06:54:20 -0500.
- Final Count in Tight NY-22 Race Begins Wednesday
The counting of more than 17,000 absentee ballots and another 10,000 military ballots will begin Wednesday morning in New York's 22nd District, Newsmax's John Gizzi reports.
Newsmax. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:08:46 EDT.
- HollyFrontier (HFC) to Buy Sonneborn, Rev Up Lubricants Unit
Sonneborn's asset base complements HollyFrontier's (HFC) Lubricants and Specialty unit, and is in turn expected to make it a leading global supplier of specialty products post the former's buyout.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 10:43:00 GMT.