Browse the headlines below to find up-to-date news from around the
world. Use the links in the vertical navigation bar to find
relevant news headlines about specific topics or world regions.
- SportPesa to end Kenya football league sponsorship over tax
The government imposed a 35% tax on revenues of betting companies.
BBC News. Fri, 23 Jun 2017 16:19:52 GMT.
- Time Inc. Expands World-Class Food Operations in Birmingham, Alabama, with the Addition of FOOD & WINE
NEW YORK & BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - With its portfolio of food properties that reaches an audience of more than 30 million, Time Inc. ...
Business Wire. Fri, 23 Jun 2017 15:27:00 UTC.
- Scottish dancers ready for world cup stage
A group of dancers from Scotland is preparing to take to the stage in the Dance World Cup.
BBC News. Fri, 23 Jun 2017 14:14:32 GMT.
- USW Blasts Proposal to Cancel Beryllium Protections for Shipyard and Construction Workers
PITTSBURGH, June 23, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The United Steelworkers (USW) today blasted the Administration's proposal to cancel important protections for shipyard and construction workers exposed to beryllium. ...
PR Newswire. Fri, 23 Jun 2017 14:01:00 EDT.
- Alfa Romeo won't use incentives as brand puts panache over sales
Alfa Romeo's global brand chief says he won't cut prices to meet lofty U.S. sales goals, because he insists FCA isn't setting such targets.
AutoNews.com. Fri, 23 Jun 2017 12:24:29 EST. Subscription required.
- On Campus From College World Series: Lodolo Leaves With Lead
It wasn't a clean outing, but Nick Lodolo accomplished a stated goal. The post On Campus From College World Series: Lodolo Leaves With Lead appeared first on BaseballAmerica.com.
Teddy Cahill. Baseball America. Fri, 23 Jun 2017 12:22:06 +0000.
- 'Food & Wine' Magazine's Big Move Is More Proof That The South Now Rules American Dining
One of the nation's foremost food magazines is leaving New York City for Birmingham, Ala., in another marker of the rising influence of the South in the food world.
By Micheline Maynard, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 23 Jun 2017 12:16:00 -0400.
- See the 100-year-old wooden 'castle' hidden in Ontario wilderness
As far as they know, the Friends of White Otter Castle say there's only one wooden castle in the world, and it needs a bit of work after turning 100 years old.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Fri, 23 Jun 2017 05:11:26 EDT.
- Public health leaders say proposed research funding cuts weaken efforts to stop infectious diseases
Public health officials on Thursday said cuts to the National Institutes of Health proposed by President Donald Trump will weaken the global response to infectious disease outbreaks like Ebola.
Modern Healthcare. Thu, 22 Jun 2017 15:00:00 EST.
- A Preventable Tragedy: Millions Around The World Are Still Threatened with Starvation
Every ninth person on the planet suffers from hunger. The situation is so dire in some countries that 20 million people are at acute risk of death by starvation. How is this possible at a time of a global food surplus?
Spiegel Online. Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:43:00 +0200.
Breaking News and Commentary about Current Events