- Mega Millions jackpot now soars to WORLD RECORD $1.6BILLION as nobody lands Friday's winning numbers
The next Mega Millions drawing, taking place October 23, will tie for the largest lottery jackpot in US history, with an estimated $1.6billion payout and a cash option of $904million.
Daily Mail. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 14:10:21 +0100.
- How the Saudi narrative of Khashoggi's killing changed in 18 days
A summary of Saudi's response to news of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who was killed at the kingdom's Istanbul consulate.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 13:05:18 GMT.
- Asean states and regional powers pledge to strengthen counter-terrorism, support air code
SINGAPORE - Major countries like the United States, China and Japan gave their in-principle support for the world's first multilateral guidelines following the conclusion of a regional defence summit on Saturday (Oct 20).
Straits Times. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 21:03:08 +0800.
- Australia government stripped of majority after by-election rout
The Australian government will lose its one-seat majority in parliament with more than half the votes counted in a by-election late on Saturday, creating a potential political crisis for Prime Minister Scott Morrison.
Reuters. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 09:02:05 -0400.
- How To Get Started Using Customer Journey Maps
In the last article, Marcy Strauss Axelrod, a strategy management consultant who focuses on helping firms grow, provided insight on customer journey maps in a multi-channel world (see here). ...
By Kimberly A. Whitler, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 08:57:00 -0400.
- iPhone XR early presale demand and the next Apple event is October 30th - CNET
Which iPhone XR models are showing shipment delays and what we're expecting at Apple's next launch event. Catch up on all your iPhone news for the week.
Vanessa Hand Orellana. CNET. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 12:00:13 +0000.
- Lynk & Co is partnering with Cyan to go racing - Roadshow
The Chinese mobility startup will enter the 2019 World Touring Car Championship with the racing version of its 03 sedan.
Kyle Hyatt. CNET. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 12:00:10 +0000.
- Hamleys reaches endgame under Chinese owner
The Chinese owner of Hamleys, the world's most famous toy retailer, has begun exploring a sale of the company just days after reporting multimillion-pound losses.
Sky News. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 12:56:00 +0100.
- Australia's ruling coalition forced into minority government
Australia's ruling coalition was forced into minority government on Saturday after a massive swing against its senior partner, the Liberal Party, in a by-election for the seat of the prime minister the party itself had dismissed.
Trevor Marshallsea. Fox News. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 11:21:26 GMT.
- Afghans Vote In Parliamentary Elections
Afghan voters went to the polling stations across the country on October 20 to vote in parliamentary elections, which are seen as a key test of the government's ability to provide security across the country. ...
Radio Liberty. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 11:07:00 +0000.
- Amber Rudd says she was 'misled' on Windrush and would like to be home secretary again
Backbencher says officials in charge of government's immigration enforcement 'didn't know what was going on' as Windrush scandal was emerging
May Bulman. The Independent. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 10:57:00 +0000.
- Australia government suffers Wentworth by-election defeat
The ruling coalition's one-seat majority evaporates after it loses a by-election to an independent.
BBC News. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 10:51:23 GMT.
- She traveled the world as Air Force intelligence specialist
ELKINS, W.Va. (AP) - An Elkins woman traveled the globe during her 25 years in the military. Wilga C. ...
Tim Macvean. Washington Times. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 06:00:00 -0400.
- On Politics: The Biggest Stories of the Week
Here are the stories that dominated the news in American politics.
New York Times. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 09:22:03 GMT.
- Italy brushes off downgrade as it plans EU budget response
ROME (AP) - Italy's deputy premier on Saturday brushed off a ratings downgrade and vowed to forge ahead with the government's rule-busting budget as Italy prepared to respond to European Union concerns about its high deficit targets. ...
Washington Times. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 04:24:27 -0400.
- How Iran is using 'ghost ships' to flout Donald Trump's oil sanctions
It sounds like something out of a pirate story, but the normally staid world of international trade has been beset by a flotilla of ghost ships in recent weeks, and they're weighed down by several million barrels of trouble for U.S. ...
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 04:00:00 EDT.
- Medical News Today: Using light to destroy metastatic breast cancer
Metastatic breast cancer may soon be treated using light to activate photo-sensitive drugs which, in turn, can target cancer cells and avoid healthy ones.
Medical News Today. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 00:00:00 PDT.
- Hackers breach HealthCare.gov system, get data on 75,000
A government computer system that interacts with HealthCare.gov was hacked earlier this month, compromising the sensitive personal data of some 75,000 people
ABC News. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 02:43:50 -0400.
- China's massive bridge linking Hong Kong, Macau and Zhuhai is ready
The crossing is built from 400,000 tonnes of steel and spans 55 kilometres across the Pearl River Delta, with a 22.9-kilometre bridge over the sea (the world's sixth-longest) and a 6.7km tunnel.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 17:07:13 +1100.
- Q&A: MetroHealth's Tracy Carter's fight to save Medicaid coverage
For Tracy Carter, vice president of government relations at Cleveland-based MetroHealth System, protecting Medicaid is intertwined with the public health system's overall mission. ...
Modern Healthcare. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 00:01:00 EST.