- Pentagon Says U.S. Soldiers May Have Been Killed In Afghanistan By 'Friendly Fire'
The U.S. military says the two U.S. Army soldiers killed during a raid on a compound held by fighters linked to the Islamic State (IS) militant group in Afghanistan may have been the victims of so-called friendly fire.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 28 Apr 2017 18:49:13 +0000.
- Sajjan expresses 'regret' for claiming to be architect of key battle against Taliban
Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan has expressed regret for taking credit for leading a major land battle to root out the Taliban in Afghanistan more than a decade ago. ...
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Fri, 28 Apr 2017 12:51:31 EDT.
- Pakistani Parliamentarians to Meet Afghan Counterparts in Kabul
A 15-member Pakistan parliamentary delegation will travel to Afghanistan on Saturday on a two-day official visit. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 28 Apr 2017 11:40:09 -0400.
- How Taliban Managed to Attack a Major Fortification in Afghanistan
How Taliban Managed to Attack a Major Fortification in Afghanistan A brazen Taliban raid on an Afghan army base results in the massacre of hundreds of soldiers, and the resignations of the country's top military officials. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 28 Apr 2017 11:13:00 -0400.
- Afghanistan: UN urges protection of civilians as causalities remain high in first quarter
The United Nations mission in Afghanistan today urged all parties to the conflict to take immediate and concrete measures to better protect civilians from harm, as the latest data for 2017 shows continued high numbers of civilian casualties.
UN News Centre. Thu, 27 Apr 2017 00:00:00 EST.
- MOABs win battles but they don't win wars
Wresting the border areas of Afghanistan from the hands of insurgents may simply not be possible, writes C August Elliott.
C August Elliott. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Sat, 15 Apr 2017 13:21:02 +1000.
- Afghanistan: IS gunmen dressed as medics kill 30 at Kabul military hospital
Gunmen dressed as doctors stormed the largest military hospital in Kabul.
BBC News. Wed, 08 Mar 2017 15:54:50 GMT.
- 3 killed, 66 injured in Afghan capital military hospital terrorist attack
At least three persons were killed and 66 others wounded in a terrorist attack against a military hospital in Kabul on Wednesday, and three attackers also died, local media reported.
- Simultaneous Taliban attacks kill at least 16 in Kabul
The almost simultaneous attacks targeted a police station and intelligence agency offices.
BBC News. Wed, 01 Mar 2017 17:01:06 GMT.
Facts About Afghanistan
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is a landlocked, mountainous country
which is located in south central Asia. Its capital city is Kabul,
and its national currency is the Afghani.
In 2007, Afghanistan's estimated population was 31,890,000, and the
primary languages used in Afghanistan are Dari and Pashto.
For more news and information about Afghanistan, visit this official
Copyright © 2008-2017 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Afghanistan