- Letter from Africa: Why I was sentenced to 5,000 years in jail
Rodney D Sieh, editor of Liberia's FrontPageAfrica, reflects on what his career says about journalism in West Africa.
BBC News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 23:54:19 GMT.
- Aid delivered after deadly mudslides in Sudan's Darfur
A joint African Union-United Nations operation is providing emergency assistance to an area in Sudan's South Darfur region where 16 people died as a result of mudslides earlier this month, the mission said on Monday. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 19:40:51 -0400.
- 'We're giving these girls hopes and aspirations'
Pioneering South African pilot Refilwe Ledwaba is on a mission to help women break down barriers in aviation.
BBC News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 23:06:41 GMT.
- Donald Trump kicks off U.N. meetings with focus on counterterrorism, drug crisis
President Trump met Monday with the leaders of Egypt, France and South Korea at the start of the annual United Nations gathering in New York, highlighting U.S. ...
Dave Boyer. Washington Times. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 18:17:02 -0400.
- Egyptian Court Confirms 20 Death Sentences Over Killing of Policemen
Egypt's highest court upheld the death sentences Monday given to 20 people convicted over a deadly attack on a police station in 2013, judicial sources and the state-run MENA news agency said. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 15:59:10 -0400.
- Ebola outreach work halted as DR Congo attack toll hits 21
Aid agencies say they were forced to stop their activities after a rebel attack in Beni on Saturday.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 19:52:11 GMT.
- The Agency CEO Mauricio Umansky countersues insurance company over Malibu mansion flip
The founder of The Agency and Western World Insurance are embroiled in a lawsuit involving the son of an African president and a seaside mansion in Malibu.
Patrick Kearns. Inman. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 18:08:35 +0000.
- How BBC Africa uncovered the story behind an execution video of women and children
When the grisly video first emerged of two women and two children being executed at point-blank range by what appeared to be Cameroonian soldiers, the Cameroon government called it "fake news."
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 13:07:17 EDT.
- Barrick Gold to Acquire Randgold: ETFs Set to Shine
Barrick Gold has agreed to buy Africa-focused rival, Randgold Resources in an all-stock deal. The news has put the spotlight on a couple of gold mining ETFs.
Sweta Killa. Zacks. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 14:55:00 GMT.
- Anthony Bourdain blasts Trump in last 'Parts Unknown' season
The final season, filmed just months before his tragic suicide in June this year, shows the chef describing how much he enjoys filming as he travels around Kenya tasting food.
Daily Mail. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 15:48:47 +0100.
- Nelson Mandela statue unveiled at UN
UN leaders have honoured Nelson Mandela as a statue of the late South African leader was unveiled at its headquarters.
Irish Independent. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 14:51:10 +0100.
- STR: Middle East and Africa hotel performance for August 2018
Hotels in both the Middle East and Africa posted growth across the three key performance metrics in August 2018, according to data from STR.U.S. dollar constant currency, August 2018 vs. ...
Hsyndicate. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 14:49:19 +0200.
- British woman jailed in Egypt for smuggling painkillers loses appeal
Laura Plummer's plea to judges in Cairo that she could not have known Tramadol was banned in the country was denied
Chris Baynes. The Independent. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 11:18:00 +0000.
- China says new African swine fever outbreak reported in Inner Mongolia
China said on Monday it has confirmed a new outbreak of African swine fever in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region of northern China, as authorities struggle to contain the highly contagious disease.
Reuters. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 05:36:19 -0400.
- OTT Technologies reveals new 6x6 logistics support vehicle
South African company OTT Technologies has completed company trials of its Puma M36 Mk 6A 6x6 logistics support vehicle and officials said production can commence as soon as orders are placed. ...
Christopher F Foss, London. Janes 360. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 01:00:00 GMT.