- Bangladesh looks for hidden depth in ODI series vs...
DHAKA, Bangladesh (AP) - Bangladesh is looking to test its reserves in the absence of key players Shakib Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal as it takes on Zimbabwe ...
Daily Mail. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 14:11:35 +0100.
- Egypt commends 'decisive' and 'brave' actions by Saudi King over Khashoggi case
Egypt on Saturday praised what it called the "decisive" and "brave" actions taken by Saudi King Salman in the investigation into the death of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
Reuters. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 06:44:05 -0400.
- Mohammed Dewji: Africa's youngest billionaire 'home safe' after being kidnapped by masked gunman
'I thank all my fellow Tanzanians, and everyone around the world for their prayers,' says the 43-year-old tycoon
Toyin Owoseje. The Independent. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 08:20:46 +0000.
- Mohammed Dewji: Kidnapped billionaire 'home safely'
Mohammed Dewji, said to be Africa's youngest billionaire, said he thanked Allah and the police.
BBC News. Sat, 20 Oct 2018 06:41:29 GMT.
- Birmingham wall collapse death families 'await answers'
'Frustrated' families of five African men crushed to death in 2016 demand answers as to how they died.
BBC News. Fri, 19 Oct 2018 23:12:00 GMT.
- DRC police 'detain' five journalists over critical reporting
Around 20 journalists have been harassed or arrested in the Democratic Republic of Congo this year.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 19 Oct 2018 21:03:40 GMT.
- Everything you need to know about Ebola
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is fighting its 10th outbreak of the Ebola virus. Here is a look at the causes, the symptoms and the history of the deadly disease.
ABC News. Fri, 19 Oct 2018 13:41:57 -0400.
- The Latest: 'Lynching' ad draws ethics complaint from GOP
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - The Latest on a radio ad that suggests white Democrats will lynch African-Americans if they win in midterm elections next month (all times local): 12:30 p.m. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 19 Oct 2018 13:34:43 -0400.
- Kaspersky says it detected infections with DarkPulsar, alleged NSA malware
Victims located in Russia, Iran, and Egypt; related to nuclear energy, telecommunications, IT, aerospace, and R&D.
ZDNet. Fri, 19 Oct 2018 14:25:00 +0000.
- From Internet Access to Digital Economy, World Bank Focuses on Africa's Youth
With a focus on Africa's youth, World Bank staff and development specialists connected with young people in more than 30 countries to mark "End Poverty Day." They discussed how to harness the potential of young people. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 19 Oct 2018 01:35:00 -0400.
- EU offers deal over refugees
European Union countries who refuse to host refugees could instead pay more for EU migration and development projects in Africa, head of the European Parliament Antonio Tajani said yesterday.
Irish Independent. Fri, 19 Oct 2018 02:30:00 +0100.
- Egypt shows Wing Loong UAV
The Egyptian military released the first imagery of one of its Chinese-made AVIC Wing Loong unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) on 14 October as part of a video to mark the Egyptian Air Force’s 45th anniversary. ...
Jeremy Binnie, London. Janes 360. Fri, 19 Oct 2018 00:00:00 GMT.
- Uganda at 'big risk' for Ebola spreading from neighbouring Congo, officials say
The World Health Organization says the Ebola outbreak is not yet a global emergency but has called for an "intensified" response.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thu, 18 Oct 2018 12:00:31 EDT.
- Women Achieved Enormous Power in Ancient Egypt. What They Did With It Is a Warning for Today
"Ancient Egypt allowed more females into power in the ancient world than any other place on earth. Was that society somehow more progressive than we might expect? The answer is a quick and deflating no."
Yahoo. Thu, 18 Oct 2018 10:30:47 -0400.
- Meet The Women Who LeadThe First African American-Owned Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform
Their desire to empower people from low-income, underserved neighborhoods drove Ernestine Johnson and Johnetta Paye to create TREF, a crowdsourced real estate fund that allows investments of just $500. ...
By Meimei Fox, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 18 Oct 2018 07:50:00 -0400.