- Wydad Casablanca are crowned Caf Super Cup champions
Wydad Casablanca of Morocco are the Confederation of African Football (Caf) Super Cup champions after beating TP Mazembe of DR Congo.
BBC News. Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:27:51 GMT.
- UN chief condemns Mogadishu attacks, reiterates support in fight against terrorism
Secretary-General Antonio Guterres strongly condemned the 23 February attacks in Mogadishu, Somalia, which claimed the lives of many civilians and injured numerous others.
UN News Centre. Sat, 24 Feb 2018 17:24:11 -0500.
- South Africa police station raid: Seven suspects shot dead
Seven people accused of killing South African police are killed in a shoot-out at a church.
BBC News. Sat, 24 Feb 2018 14:20:59 GMT.
- Twin car bombs explode in Somali capital, killing at least 18
Two car bomb blasts rocked Somalia's capital on Friday evening, followed by gunfire, killing at least 18 people, an ambulance service says. The extremist group al-Shabaab claimed responsibility for the attack.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Fri, 23 Feb 2018 13:27:06 EST.
- Former S.African soldier sentenced to death in S.Sudan
A former South African soldier was sentenced to death in South Sudan on Friday for attempting to overthrow the government. ...
Yahoo. Fri, 23 Feb 2018 06:18:06 -0500.
- 2018 Kenyan Banking Sector - 34 Companies (Including the Top 5) are Profiled - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Banking Sector in Kenya 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. ... ...
Business Wire. Thu, 22 Feb 2018 21:25:00 UTC.
- Snapchat Officially Arrives In Africa Through Sales Partnership With Ad Dynamo
Snapchat has officially arrived in Africa - as its parent company Snap announced a new partnership to officially sell advertising through Ad Dynamo in South Africa.
By Toby Shapshak, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 21 Feb 2018 03:12:00 -0500.
- Babies Born In Pakistan, Afghanistan Face 'Alarming' Death Risk, UNICEF Says
Babies born in the world's poorest countries face "alarming" risks of death, with the highest mortality rates occurring in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and sub-Saharan Africa, a February 20 report from the United Nations Children's Fund said.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 21 Feb 2018 03:01:01 +0000.
- Deadly cobalt mines linked to child labor thrive in rush for EV batteries
The appetite for EVs is driving a cobalt production boom in the Democratic Republic of Congo, where some mines are dangerous and employ child labor -- a concern for carmakers.
AutoNews.com. Tue, 20 Feb 2018 07:22:25 EST. Subscription required.
- Estimating Publicly-Mobilised Private Finance for Climate Action: A South African Case Study - Environment Working Paper
This study analyses publicly-mobilised private finance for climate action in South Africa, between 2010 and 2015. ...
OECD. Acquired Thu, 15 Feb 2018.
Copyright © 2008-2017 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Africa