- The $500 Million Baby: Meet 'Mo' Dewji, Who Vows To Be Africa's Richest Man
After studying business at Georgetown University, Mohammed ‘MO’ Dewji returned to Tanzania, took over his father’s commodities trading business and transformed it into a sizable manufacturing empire.
By Mfonobong Nsehe. Forbes. Tue, 3 Dec 2013 18:37:00 GMT.
- England draw pot could change
England or another unseeded European country will be moved to the pot with African nations for Friday's World Cup draw.
BBC News. Tue, 03 Dec 2013 17:01:36 GMT.
- UN launches drones in DR Congo
The UN mission in DR Congo starts to deploy surveillance drones to monitor rebel activity - its first such operation.
BBC News. Tue, 03 Dec 2013 16:36:31 GMT.
- Africa: South-South Cooperation in Aid, Trade and FDI?
[IDS]A closer look at the economic engagement footprint of rising powers in Africa.
All Africa. Tue, 03 Dec 2013 15:39:25 GMT.
- Obama's uncle to appear at new immigration hearing
President Barack Obama's Kenyan-born uncle was expected to appear at a deportation hearing to argue that he should be allowed to stay in the United States despite a 21-year-old order to leave the country.
Miami Herald. Tue, 03 Dec 2013 11:55 EST.
- Perceived Corruption High in Sub-Saharan Africa
Several African nations were among the worst performers in Transparency International's annual report on perceived corruption. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 03 Dec 2013 10:47:13 -0500.
- After Prime Minister's Ouster, Somalia Political Divisions Persist
On Monday, Somali lawmakers voted Prime Minister Abdi Farah Shirdon out of office following weeks of disagreement with the president over a planned cabinet reshuffle. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 03 Dec 2013 10:10:26 -0500.
- Turkcell lawsuit ‘unlikely to come to court before 2015’
Turkcell’s $4.2 billion lawsuit against South African rival MTN Group is unlikely to be heard
Hurriyet. Mon, 02 Dec 2013 17:24:00 +0200.
- For Black Men, Early Household Linked to Blood Pressure
A new U.S. study offers more evidence that childhood experience may have health effects that echo into adulthood. Source: Reuters Health Related MedlinePlus Pages: African American Health, Family Issues, High Blood Pressure
National Library of Medicine. Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:32:48 EST.
- Egypt's draft constitution will see change in politics
Egypt's new constitution, according to a draft text completed on Saturday, will bolster the military's hand and ban religious parties.
Mail & Guardian. Sat, 30 Nov 2013 18:23:00 +0200.
Copyright © 2008-2011 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Africa