- Antarctica - the world's last great wilderness
A warming climate and an ever-expanding commercial fishing industry are threatening Antarctica and its iconic creatures.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 22 May 2018 15:02:54 GMT.
- Princess Cruises Releases South America 2019-2020 Cruise Vacations
Princess Cruises released its fall 2019 through spring 2020 season with 14 departures including voyages sailing to Antarctica. ...
Travel Industry Wire. Mon, 21 May 2018 11:23:27 EST.
- Major shift in marine life occurred 33 million years later in the South
A new study of marine fossils from Antarctica, Australia, New Zealand and South America reveals that one of the greatest changes to the evolution of life in our oceans occurred more recently in the Southern Hemisphere than previously thought.
Science Daily. Thu, 17 May 2018 08:18:29 EDT.
- Rare photos of Sir Ernest Shackleton and his 1917 Antarctic expedition
Photos of Sir Ernest Shackleton and his Antarctic expedition crew have emerged. They were taken at a New Zealand garden party days after returning to civilisation in 1917.
Daily Mail. Thu, 17 May 2018 13:12:16 +0100.
- Antarctica tourism regulation urgent for environment: summit
Tourism regulation in Antarctica has become an urgent matter due to environmental threats, officials from the 53 member countries of the Antarctic Treaty warned at their annual meeting, held this week in Buenos Aires. ...
Yahoo. Thu, 17 May 2018 03:55:01 -0400.
- 'Nursing took me to the South Pole'
From expeditions in Antarctica to rescuing swimmers, three nurses tell their surprising stories.
BBC News. Sat, 12 May 2018 02:25:10 GMT.
- Immortal Regiment march to take place in Antarctica for the first time
Thirty-two people who are working at the Novolazarevskaya station will take part in the parade
Tass. Tue, 08 May 2018 11:36:53 +0300.
- Antarctica's Waters May Soon Harbor a Boom of Baby Humpback Whales
Declining sea ice levels due to climate change may be helping the whales for now
Smithsonian. Fri, 04 May 2018 17:35:33 +0000.
- Baby Humpback Whales May Soon Fill Antarctic Seas
Lots of little baby humpback whales may be on their way.
Live Science. Wed, 02 May 2018 11:14:00 EDT.
- Trilobites: Humpback Whale Baby Boom Near Antarctica
Pregnancy rates in the southern oceans are high, according to a study that showed the species is rebounding, a rare piece of good news for whales.
Karen Weintraub. New York Times. Tue, 01 May 2018 23:00:03 GMT.