- China GDP beats expectations but debt risks loom
China’s economy grew a faster-than-expected 6.8 percent in the fourth quarter, boosted by higher government spending and record bank lending, giving it a solid tailwind heading into what is expected to be a turbulent year.
Hurriyet. Fri, 20 Jan 2017 12:27:00 +0200.
- China’s Economy Grows Strongly, Yet Central Bank Eases Policy
Rising debt helped fuel growth last year. But the central bank told big banks that they could lend even more during an upcoming holiday period.
Keith Bradsher. New York Times. Fri, 20 Jan 2017 10:45:19 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Heineken in talks to buy Kirin's Brazilian beer brewer
Heineken says it is in negotiations with Japanese group Kirin to buy its Brazilian beer business.
BBC News. Fri, 20 Jan 2017 09:08:41 GMT.
- China's economy grows 6.7% in 2016
The figure meets Beijing's forecasts, but some say growth is slower than the official data suggests.
BBC News. Fri, 20 Jan 2017 08:46:46 GMT.
- Tungsten Market Looks to Rebalance in 2017
LONDON, January 20, 2017 -- For the last 20 years China has been the world's largest consumer of tungsten. ...
PR Newswire. Fri, 20 Jan 2017 06:00:00 EST.
- China data boosts Shanghai but Asia traders on edge
Shanghai stocks jumped Friday after China's economy enjoyed its first growth pick-up in two years, but traders in most other Asian markets were subdued ahead of Donald Trump's inauguration. ...
Yahoo. Fri, 20 Jan 2017 03:44:19 -0500.
- Piracy Prompts Shippers to Avoid Seas West of Philippines
A surge in piracy to the west of the Philippines is forcing shipowners to divert vessels through other waters, adding to their costs and the time it takes to transport goods such as Australian iron ore to key Asian destinations. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 20 Jan 2017 03:41:07 -0500.
- China’s Growth Weakest Since 1990, Vulnerable in a Trade War
China’s economic growth ticked up in the final quarter of 2016, but its full-year performance was the weakest in three decades as it heads into a potential trade battle with U.S. President-elect Donald Trump. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 20 Jan 2017 02:44:53 -0500.
- Apple Meeting In India On January 22, Government Considering Special Allowances
Indian government slightly more accommodative to Apple concession requests?
By Jay Somaney, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 20 Jan 2017 02:35:00 -0500.
- President Xi says culture year boosts China-Egypt understanding
The 2016 Chinese-Egyptian Culture Year has enhanced the understanding and friendship between people of the two great nations, Chinese President Xi Jinping said in a congratulatory message on Thursday.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Asia