- With Vatican Talks and Bulldozers, China Aims to Control Christianity
The moves to assert control over Catholic and Protestant churches reflect a broader effort to establish control over society under President Xi Jinping.
Ian Johnson. New York Times. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 03:21:31 GMT.
- China says trade war to 'certainly' hurt U.S. exporters, create opportunities to others
China is being forced to retaliate against the United States in their trade dispute, and U.S. exporters including suppliers of liquefied natural gas would "certainly" be hurt, said Chinese vice commerce minister Wang Shouwen.
Reuters. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 23:06:04 -0400.
- DHX Media Concludes Strategic Review
Multi-million dollar agency agreement with CAA-GBG for Peanuts in China and Asia Content strategy refocused on growing WildBrain and developing premium originals HALIFAX, Sept. ...
PR Newswire. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 02:00:00 +0000.
- Honduras President Laments US Aid Cuts, Eyes Role of China
The president of Honduras said on Monday cuts in U.S. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 21:55:51 -0400.
- Sakhalin Oil & Gas Conference to be held in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
The event will bring together more than 500 heads of companies and organizations of the oil and gas industry of the Sakhalin Region, the Russian Far East, and the Asia-Pacific region
Tass. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 03:20:58 +0300.
- US reaches out to new Maldives leader after upset win against pro-China strongman
WASHINGTON (AFP) - The United States on Monday (Sept 24) congratulated the Maldives' incoming president and called for closer ties after his upset win against the Chinese-backed strongman leader.
Straits Times. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 08:09:57 +0800.
- India's solar power ambitions
India has big solar ambitions, but could recent policy uncertainties cast a shadow on its plans?
BBC News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 23:09:27 GMT.
- Asia Argento reveals her open relationship with Anthony Bourdain; says cheating 'wasn't a problem'
Asia Argento, 43, has spoken of Anthony Bourdain's suicide for the first time in a DailyMailTV interview. She lays bare their open relationship, her grief and how trolls have attacked her for his death.
Daily Mail. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 23:02:52 +0100.
- Global stocks dip on report China calls off US trade talks
Global stock markets slip after the US and China officially put new tariffs on each other's goods and China reportedly rebuffed a plan for talks with the U.S. Industrial and basic materials companies fall
ABC News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 17:51:07 -0400.
- Surprise Victory Of Opposition In Maldives Elections, A Referendum On Democracy
Voter turnout was nearly 90 percent. The challenger beat the incumbent president, who is accused of jailing opponents. The Indian Ocean nation is at the center of a rivalry between India and China.
Sasha Ingber. NPR. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 17:17:20 -0400.
- AP Explains: The US push to boost 'quantum computing'
A race by U.S. tech companies to build a new generation of powerful "quantum computers" could get a $1.3 billion boost from Congress, fueled in part by lawmakers' fear of growing competition from China. ...
Yahoo. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 15:39:28 -0400.
- Harley's Focus On Electric Vehicles' Market Will Drive Its Future Growth
Harley-Davidson (NYSE: HOG) is a manufacturer of heavyweight motorcycles and commands a 50% share in the heavyweight motorcycle market in the US with a strong presence in Europe and Japan. ...
By Trefis Team, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 14:42:00 -0400.
- US trade war with China intensifies as planned talks 'are axed' amid largest ever tariffs
Donald Trump is threatening to levy tariffs on over $500bn of Chinese products as tensions increase
Chris Riotta. The Independent. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 14:58:07 +0000.
- CNOOC (CEO) Vends Yuedong LNG Terminal Access for $3.9M
The auction of Yuedong LNG terminal access of CNOOC (CEO) is expected to facilitate China in liberalizing its energy market.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 14:03:00 GMT.
- Tiny robots send home 1st photos from asteroid's surface
Two tiny robots dispatched to the surface of an asteroid from a Japanese spacecraft have sent home their first photos.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 09:56:20 EDT.