- Anwar Ibrahim confirms contesting PKR presidency
PETALING JAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has announced his intention to contest the Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) presidency at the party's upcoming polls in August.
Straits Times. Sun, 15 Jul 2018 11:03:39 +0800.
- China's 'Dallas Buyers Club' is surprise box-office hit
The screen portrayal of a cancer sufferer whose illegal import of foreign medicines into China spurred national policy changes has become a box-office ...
Daily Mail. Sun, 15 Jul 2018 03:34:49 +0100.
- Will Technological Unemployment Fuel Modern Slavery in Southeast Asia?
Millions of people could be forced out of their jobs in Southeast Asia, due to the increase in automation and robot manufacturing, a recent report says.
By Federico Guerrini, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 15:59:00 -0400.
- England v India: Joe Root's ton helps hosts level ODI series
Joe Root scores 113 as England beat India by 86 runs at Lord's to level the three-match one-day series.
BBC News. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 17:56:33 GMT.
- England v India: MS Dhoni booed at Lord's for refusing to run
Watch MS Dhoni get booed at Lord's for refusing to run as India struggle to chase down England's total of 322 in the second ODI.
BBC News. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 17:47:27 GMT.
- India on brink of biggest gay rights victory as Supreme Court prepares to rule on gay sex ban
Landmark ruling will have far-reaching and direct implications for other Commonwealth nations that still outlaw homosexuality
Adam Withnall. The Independent. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 14:15:00 +0000.
- China in the Middle East: Behind Xi's economic charm offensive
We examine why China is pledging billions of dollars in loans and aid to revive growth in the Middle East.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 12:47:24 GMT.
- China auto firms to set up ride-sharing platform
Chinese firms FAW Group, Dongfeng Automobile and Chongqing Changan Automobile have set up a venture to establish a ride-sharing platform, Changan said on Saturday, creating the kind of service pioneered by Uber.
Reuters. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 07:41:29 -0400.
- Japan the star of huge eight-month festival in France
The largest celebration of Japanese culture ever to take place outside the country starts this weekend in France.
The Local. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 09:30:53 +0200.
- Chinese Chemical Plant Explosion Kills at Least 19
Investigators are examining what caused the blasts at a chemical plant in southwest China, the latest in a grim record of industrial accidents.
Chris Buckley. New York Times. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 05:43:15 GMT.
- Hollywood stars defend Asia Argento after she's bullied following Anthony Bourdain's death
Celebrities are standing up for Asia Argento.
Desiree Murphy. Fox News. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 01:13:00 GMT.
- Republican Senator Rubio Slams Lifting of US Ban on China's ZTE
Republican U.S. Senator Marco Rubio criticized on Friday the decision by the United States to lift a ban on suppliers selling to ZTE Corp., allowing China's second-largest telecommunications equipment maker to resume business.
Newsmax. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 18:51:24 EDT.
- Northrop Grumman Plans to Battle Lockheed for Japan's Stealth Fighter Program
The two companies could be set to refight a fighter battle Northrop lost nearly 30 years ago.
Yahoo. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 17:34:00 -0400.
- Asia ETFs Back in Focus as Markets Rally
As Asian stocks rally, which are the most profitable ETFs to bank on?
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 20:18:00 GMT.
- Two Sentenced in Murder of Chinese Grad Student in Los Angeles
A woman has been sentenced to life in prison for the beating death of a University of Southern California graduate student from China, and a co-defendant was given a term of 15 years to life. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:15:57 -0400.