- Alphabet Introduces Accents for Google Assistant in U.S.
Alphabet (GOOGL) enhances Google Assistant with the introduction of British and Australian accents for U.S.-based users.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 13:23:00 GMT.
- Investigation underway after engines on Virgin Australia flight 'burn out' near Canberra
An Australian Transport Safety Bureau investigation is underway to find out why two engines on a Virgin Australia aircraft 'flamed out' in heavy rain during descent to Canberra.
Daily Mail. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 13:14:19 GMT.
- Australian Labor party says it will recognize Palestinian state if in power
Foreign affairs senator Penny Wong tells national conference that she is a friend of both Israel and the Palestinians, calls West Jerusalem recognition 'all risk and no gain'
Times of Israel. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 11:39:10 +0000.
- A story of human rights defender on Manus Island in his own words
Al Jazeera speaks to Abdul Aziz Muhamat, who has been held captive on the island by Australia for over five years.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 10:46:43 GMT.
- Australian Zionist Federation slams Labor for Palestinian state decision
The Zionist Federation of Australia (ZFA) called recent move by the Australian Labor Party to recognize Palestinian state "unproductive."
Jerusalem Post. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 09:22:26 GMT.
- Australia bowl out India for 140 to level series
Australia win a Test match for the first time since March's ball-tampering controversy as they beat India in Perth.
BBC News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 07:32:33 GMT.
- Australian government lags UK in deploying DMARC email spoofing prevention
DMARC email authentication can significantly reduce the risk of phishing attacks, but only 5.5 percent of Australia's main government domains have deployed it. That's set to change.
ZDNet. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 05:49:31 +0000.
- Australia Federal Court narrows BHP's suits over Samarco disaster
The Federal Court of Australia on Tuesday ordered that the number of class-action lawsuits against BHP Group over a Brazilian mine collapse be narrowed to one from three.
Reuters. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 00:28:30 -0500.
- Housing correction and consumption slowdown are key economic risks, RBA warns
Falling household consumption, fuelled by declining real estate values and high debt levels, is a key source of uncertainty for the Australian economy, the Reserve Bank warns.
Peter Ryan. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 12:19:18 +1100.
- Embattled Australia PM Scott Morrison eyes tax cuts before election
SYDNEY (AFP) - Flagging in the polls and facing a rout in the May general election, Australia Prime Minister Scott Morrison looked to shore up support on Tuesday (Dec 18), teasing AUS$9 billion (S$7.9 billion) worth of tax cuts.
Straits Times. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 08:22:46 +0800.
- Global Health: An Island Nation Starts an Experiment: Vaccines Delivered by Drone
In Vanuatu, 20 percent of children miss their shots because villages are so hard to reach. It has hired an Australian company to fly them in.
Donald G. Mcneil Jr.. New York Times. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 23:46:07 GMT.
- Scott Johnson death: It's 'inconceivable' my brother killed himself
Australian police offer a $1m reward information about the 27-year-old's death in 1988.
BBC News. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 23:40:51 GMT.
- Australia's Sommelier Of The Year Is Turning Perth Into A Wine Haven
Australia's Sommelier Of The Year helped transform this remote city into a wine haven.
By Lauren Mowery, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 16:07:00 -0500.
- Australian MP resigns after 'sugar baby' claims
Australian Nationals MP Andrew Broad has resigned from his position as Assistant Minister to the Deputy Prime Minister over sordid allegations published in New Idea this morning.The site reported Broad had been using the ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:36:09 +1200.
- Deep Seagrass Bed Could Stall Climate Change, If Climate Change Doesn't Kill It First
Scientists have identified a giant bed of deep sea grass in Australia's Great Barrier Reef that may be absorbing millions of tons of carbon. But these so-called blue carbon sinks need protecting too.
Emma Bowman. NPR. Sun, 16 Dec 2018 17:34:35 -0500.
- Green Groups Are Set to Crash Into Global Populists Over Pollution Cuts
(Bloomberg) -- The global environmental movement set itself on a collision course with populists from Australia to France and the U.S. over an agenda of ever-tightening curbs on pollution.
Yahoo. Sun, 16 Dec 2018 10:42:49 -0500.
- Israel signals displeasure at Australia's recognition of west Jerusalem
Australia has decided to formally recognize west Jerusalem as Israel's capital, but won't move its embassy until there's a peace settlement between Israel and the Palestinians, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced Saturday.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sun, 16 Dec 2018 06:52:51 EST.
- Australia recognises West Jerusalem as Israel's capital
But prime minister Scott Morrison says country's embassy will remain in Tel Aviv until peace settlement is achieved
Colin Drury. The Independent. Sat, 15 Dec 2018 09:19:00 +0000.
- Australia recognises west Jerusalem as capital of Israel
Australia now recognises west Jerusalem as Israel's capital, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Saturday, but a contentious embassy shift from Tel Aviv will not occur until a peace settlement is achieved.
France 24. Sat, 15 Dec 2018 06:04:11 GMT.
- Google Assistant learns how to speak Australian - CNET
Your Google Home can now speak with a British or Australian accent.
Andrew Gebhart. CNET. Thu, 13 Dec 2018 19:54:25 +0000.
The Commonwealth of Australia is a Southern Hemisphere nation which
occupies the continent of Australia and a number of nearby islands.
Its capital city is Canberra, and its national currency is the Australian
Dollar. English is the primary language spoken by Australians, and
in 2007, Australia's estimated population was 20,434,000.
For more news and information about Australia, visit the official
website. For detailed maps of Australia, visit this
Australia map website.