- AP-NORC Poll: Disasters influence thinking on climate change
Americans say natural disasters and their local weather are influencing their views on climate change.
ABC News. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 12:15:23 -0500.
- 'World will end in 12 years if we don't address climate change,' Ocasio-Cortez says
The youngest woman ever elected to Congress said climate change is her generation's World War II.
Yahoo. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 10:06:17 -0500.
- Companies leading on climate change also outperform on stock market, research shows
Organisations were judged on the actions they have taken across three categories: climate change, water security and forests
Caitlin Morrison. The Independent. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 14:48:00 +0000.
- MP chauffeur-driven cars should be electric
If the federal government wants to act on climate change it has to start putting its money where its mouth is.
Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 23 Jan 2019 00:00:00 +1100.
- Krill are swarming towards the Antarctic because of global warming
The shrimp-like creatures are migrating north as the warming conditions of climate change intensify, according to new research. Krill form the majority of the diets of whales, penguins and fish.
Daily Mail. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 12:56:47 GMT.
- 'A List' climate change firms outperform on stock market: survey
Apple, L'Oreal and Mitsubishi Electric are among more than 120 global firms which scored top marks in a ranking of corporate efforts to slow climate change.
Reuters. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 19:24:39 -0500.
- Cyber joins global risk list for the first time
Cyber risk is now a core concern for businesses in 2019 and beyond, joining Business interruption (BI), climate change and shortage of skilled workers as some of the biggest challenges that firms face.
Just Style. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 10:59:00 GMT.
- More Than 250,000 People May Die Each Year Due to Climate Change
In the coming decades, more than a quarter-million people may die each year as a result of climate change , according to a new review study.
Rachael Rettner Senior Writer. Fox News. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 10:00:00 GMT.
- Tackling the twin challenges of climate change and inequality
We need the Davos elite to change the rules of the global economy to benefit people and the planet alike.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 09:57:12 GMT.
- Why Climate Change Would Have Alarmed Dr. Martin Luther King
Dr. Martin Luther King's words suggest that he would have been concerned about climate change.
By Marshall Shepherd, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 19 Jan 2019 08:39:00 -0500.
- Climate change a national security issue: Pentagon
WASHINGTON (AFP) - Many of the US military's key installations are facing increasing difficulties due to climate change, the Pentagon said on Friday (Jan 18) in a report critics slammed as understating the scope of the problem.
Straits Times. Sat, 19 Jan 2019 10:00:53 +0800.
- Trudeau asked about immigration, climate change and dairy in Quebec town hall
In Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's fourth town hall of the year in Saint-Hyacinthe, Que. ...
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Fri, 18 Jan 2019 17:57:21 EST.
- Democrats slam Pentagon climate report as 'inadequate'
The Democrat Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee says a new Defense Department report on the impact of climate change on U.S. military installations is "inadequate." Rep. ...
Lauren Meier. Washington Times. Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:54:00 -0500.
- PG&E: The First S&P 500 Climate Change Casualty
This week saw what is arguably the first bankruptcy of a Fortune 500 firm due to the effects of Global Warming: Pacific Gas & Electric.
By Erik Kobayashi-solomon, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 18 Jan 2019 12:21:00 -0500.
- Mediterranean freshwater fish species susceptible to climate change
Climate change will strongly affect many European freshwater fish species. This is particularly the case for species in the Mediterranean region.
Science Daily. Fri, 18 Jan 2019 11:08:11 EST.
- Students in Germany, Switzerland protest climate change
BERLIN (AP) - Thousands of students are holding rallies across Germany and Switzerland to protest lack of action against climate change. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 18 Jan 2019 05:18:59 -0500.
- Anti-vax movement among top 10 global health threats for 2019
Climate change also makes the World Health Organization's list of biggest health concerns
CBS News. Thu, 17 Jan 2019 23:59:33 +0000.
- How to Think About the Costs of Climate Change
Many of the big economic questions in coming decades will come down to just how extreme the weather will be, and how to value the future versus the present.
Neil Irwin. New York Times. Thu, 17 Jan 2019 14:39:04 GMT.
- The mortgage industry isn't ready for a foreclosure crisis created by climate change
As extreme weather events become more frequent in places where borrowers might not have flood or fire insurance, the risk of foreclosure rises. Some now predict that the nation could face a climate-related inspired housing crisis.
CNBC. Thu, 17 Jan 2019 12:00 GMT.
- PG&E bankruptcy shows we don't know how to pay for climate change
As weather gets more extreme, corporations, citizens and politicians fight over who should pay for the damages
CBS News. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 19:39:18 +0000.