- Africa: Europe Vs Africa - the Refugee Double Standard
[Al Jazeera] As hundreds of thousands of refugees continue to make their way into the European Union - already the home of 1.3 million - many governments have begun passing anti-immigration laws in response.
All Africa. Sat, 22 Oct 2016 17:17:34 GMT.
- European Champions Cup: Munster 38-17 Glasgow Warriors
Inspired Munster score five tries to beat Glasgow 38-17 in their first match since the death of head coach Anthony Foley.
BBC News. Sat, 22 Oct 2016 15:17:24 GMT.
- UK must keep EU free movement, says Plaid's Leanne Wood
Britain has to stay in the single market and keep free movement of people, Plaid Cymru's Leanne Wood says.
BBC News. Sat, 22 Oct 2016 15:12:50 GMT.
- Sweden wants EU to switch to emission-free cars by 2030
Sweden's environment minister on Saturday urged the European Union to ban petrol and diesel-powered vehicles from 2030. ...
Yahoo. Sat, 22 Oct 2016 12:56:11 -0400.
- Space Odyssey: A New Technology for Following Songbirds
There are 1.6 billion songbirds in Europe and half of them fly south for the winter. Scientists would like to follow them -- using sensors attached to the International Space Station. But keeping up isn't easy.
Spiegel Online. Sat, 22 Oct 2016 12:14:27 +0200.
- EU trade pact not dead, but Canada's 'work is done'
The Belgian region of Wallonia has affirmed it's not ready to support a trade deal between the 28-nation European Union and Canada, but a top EU official is still hoping the standoff can be resolved within days.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sat, 22 Oct 2016 08:03:59 EDT.
- Hacking Group From Russia, China Claims Credit For Massive Cyberattack
A hacker group from China and Russia claimed responsibility for a massive cyberattack that caused outages on popular websites from the U.S. east coast to Europe and Asia on October 21.
Radio Liberty. Sat, 22 Oct 2016 05:02:52 +0000.
- Crans Montana Forum in Brussels highlights Belt & Road initiative
The Crans Montana Forum held a special program under the theme of "the 21st Century Silk Roads: Global Trade and Global Security" in Brussels Thursday, highlighting the development and global security in the Silk Road regions.
- News Analysis: With Europe-Canada Deal Near Collapse, Globalization’s Latest Chapter Is History
As the agreement effectively died, it underscored the extent to which trade has become politically radioactive around much of the globe.
Peter S. Goodman and James Kanter. New York Times. Fri, 21 Oct 2016 20:27:40 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Dark Spot in Mars Photo Is Probably Wreckage of European Spacecraft
The remnants of the Schiaparelli lander seemed to appear on Mars in photos taken by a NASA orbiter, the European Space Agency said Friday.
Kenneth Chang. New York Times. Fri, 21 Oct 2016 19:36:48 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Europe