- Leaked Brussels note on draft Brexit deal piles pressure on May
The PM is facing the threat of resignations from at least two senior ministers over the draft plan thrashed out with Brussels - with a mass exodus almost certain to evict her from Downing Street.
Daily Mail. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 14:14:57 +0000.
- 'More holes than cheese': A recap of what Theresa May's Brexit deal means for Brits in Europe
British Prime Minister Theresa May will present her already much-maligned Brexit deal to her government on Wednesday. ...
The Local. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 14:41:48 +0100.
- Brexit deal not prompting banks to slam brakes on relocation plans
The draft Brexit deal agreed between Britain and the European Union won't stop banks in London pushing ahead with relocation plans because the agreement is far from being ratified, UK financial sector officials said on Wednesday.
Reuters. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 08:21:40 -0500.
- Theresa May begins process of convincing party, Parliament on Brexit divorce deal
Prime Minister Theresa May says a draft divorce agreement with the European Union "takes us significantly closer to delivering what the British people voted for" when they decided to leave the bloc.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 08:10:47 EST.
- Italy faces higher borrowing costs, sanctions on budget
MILAN (AP) - Italian borrowing costs have risen after the populist government resubmitted draft budget proposals without the significant changes sought by the European Commission. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 08:05:32 -0500.
- EU army: Brussels 'delighted' that Angela Merkel and Macron want to create European military force
Jean-Claude Juncker tries to claim credit for idea
Jon Stone. The Independent. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:11:00 +0000.
- German economy contracts for first time since 2015
Europe's largest economy contracted from July to September, its first decline in three years.
BBC News. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 11:13:33 GMT.
- Italy budget: Rome rejects European Commission demands
Italy's cabinet sticks to its big-spending budget plan despite a threat of fines from Brussels.
BBC News. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 10:59:46 GMT.
- On Second Try, Navalny Leaves Russia For European Court Ruling
Opposition politician Aleksei Navalny has managed to leave Russia to attend a ruling in his case at the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), a day after he was barred from boarding a flight out.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 10:04:39 +0000.
- Europe hotel supply development update - STR
STR provides clients from multiple market sectors with premium, global data benchmarking, analytics and marketplace insights. ...
Hsyndicate. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 11:20:14 +0200.
- German Chancellor Merkel supports a European army but ducks broader EU reforms
German Chancellor Angela Merkel's decision to throw her weight behind a French initiative to create a unified European armed force has surprised some of her fellow continental leaders.
Straits Times. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 17:07:59 +0800.
- Despite Brexit UK sports car company opens new parts factory in England
McLaren is bringing more work from mainland Europe to the UK as it opens a composite-parts factory in northern England, bucking a trend among automakers to shift output outside Britain in the run up to Brexit next year.
AutoNews.com. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 03:31:18 EST. Subscription required.
- Leading European Companies Select IBM Blockchain to Drive Innovation
MADRID, Nov. 14, 2018 -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced work underway with leading European companies to continue to innovate with blockchain, progressing projects from proof of concept to production environments. ...
PR Newswire. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 05:01:00 +0000.
- Italy refuses to back down in budget standoff with EU
Italy's populist government defied the European Commission Tuesday by sticking to its big-spending budget plan, risking financial sanctions in a high-stakes standoff with Brussels.
France 24. Tue, 13 Nov 2018 23:44:43 GMT.
- EU Court Rules Taste Cannot Be Copyrighted
The European Union's highest court has ruled that the taste of a food cannot be protected by copyright. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 13 Nov 2018 17:42:50 -0500.
- U.K. And EU Finally Agree On Brexit Text, But It's Already Getting Slammed
Negotiators for the U.K. and the European Union have a draft agreement laying out how the U.K. will leave the EU next March, but the agreement still needs to be ratified by both parties.
Frank Langfitt. NPR. Tue, 13 Nov 2018 17:28:00 -0500.
- Germany's Merkel Calls for a European Union Military
German Chancellor Angela Merkel called on Tuesday for an integrated European Union military, echoing language used by French President Emmanuel Macron last week that infuriated U.S. President Donald Trump. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 13 Nov 2018 17:12:17 -0500.
- Weird incorrect scorecard DQ ends golfer's chance at European Tour card
Weird incorrect scorecard DQ ends golfer's chance at European Tour card.
Alex Myers. Golf Digest. Tue, 13 Nov 2018 21:15:41 +0000.
- UK Cabinet to meet after Britain, EU reach draft Brexit deal
After months of stalled talks, false starts and setbacks, negotiators from Britain and the European Union have struck a proposed divorce deal to provide for the U.K.'s smooth exit from the bloc
ABC News. Tue, 13 Nov 2018 15:20:35 -0500.
- Associated Press: US says Europe needs diversity from Russian energy supplies
BUDAPEST, Hungary – Europe needs to diversify its energy supplies to cut its dependency on Russia, U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry said Nov. 13. ...
Victoria Petrenko. Kyiv Post. Tue, 13 Nov 2018 20:02:35 +0000.