- EU announces legal entity to maintain business with Iran
The European Union said Monday its members would set up a payment system to allow oil companies and businesses to continue trading with Iran in a bid ...
Daily Mail. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 03:32:12 +0100.
- The Latest: 5 powers agree on plan to assist Iran's exports
Five world powers have agreed with Iran to establish a financial facility in the European Union to facilitate payments for Iran's exports, including oil, as well as its imports
ABC News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 22:31:59 -0400.
- Drive launched to train 100,000 Scots in data skills
Edinburgh universities say the new venture could transform the area into "the data capital of Europe".
BBC News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 23:06:32 GMT.
- UK to favor skilled migration, no EU preference after Brexit: reports
Prime Minister Theresa May and her ministers have agreed to focus Britain's post-Brexit migration system on high-skilled migrants and will not offer preference to European Union workers, newspapers said.
Reuters. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 19:05:46 -0400.
- Soros Foundation Turns to Strasbourg Court to Repeal Hungary's NGO Law
U.S. billionaire George Soros's Open Society Foundations (OSF) said on Monday it would challenge at the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg Hungarian laws that make it a crime to help asylum-seekers. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 16:37:48 -0400.
- Philadelphia Keeps Its Reputation As One Of America's Most Diverse Restaurant Cities, Part One
Though All American in its style, Philadelphia is home to a wide variety of European restaurants of great authenticity.
By John Mariani, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 15:33:00 -0400.
- Soros Foundation sues Hungary over laws making it illegal to help asylum-seekers at European Court of Human Rights
Budapest staunchly asserts it will not repeal laws, whatever outcome of appeal
The Independent. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 19:17:46 +0000.
- Pietro Gorlier poised to get take helm at FCA Europe, report says
Fiat Chrysler is nearing the appointment of Pietro Gorlier, who heads the automaker's components business, as head of Europe as part of a broad reorganization that may be announced as early as this week, people familiar with the matter ...
AutoNews.com. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 13:30:00 EST. Subscription required.
- Charities operating migrant rescue ship ask Europe for help
Humanitarian groups operating the sole private rescue ship near the deadly central Mediterranean human trafficking route have asked French authorities to allow 58 refugees to disembark in the southern port of Marseille.
Samuel Petrequin. Fox News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 18:12:28 GMT.
- Brexit: Flights 'at risk' under no-deal, government warns
Government papers warn airlines would lose automatic rights to fly from UK to EU without an agreement.
BBC News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 17:15:22 GMT.
- Britain to favour skilled migration, no EU preference after Brexit: Reports
LONDON (REUTERS) - Prime Minister Theresa May and her ministers have agreed to focus Britain's post-Brexit migration system on high-skilled migrants and will not offer preference to European Union workers, newspapers said.
Straits Times. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 01:14:55 +0800.
- Last Private Rescue Ship On Deadly Mediterranean Migrant Route Loses Its Registration
International charities say it is a death sentence for hundreds of people trying to reach safety. They say Panama revoked the Aquarius 2's registration after pressure from Italy, which Italy denies.
Merrit Kennedy. NPR. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 13:11:00 -0400.
- EU Sues Poland for Undermining Independence of Courts
The European Union sued Poland on Monday in the EU's highest court over the ruling party's changes to the judiciary, which the bloc believes violate the independence of the courts. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 12:39:18 -0400.
- Factory in Russian Baltic region excavates unique amber nugget
The starting price of the slug at an auction might amount to some $ 25,825
Tass. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 19:36:37 +0300.
- Flights between France and the UK could be grounded in no-deal Brexit
The British government has released a new set of Brexit "impact notices" on Monday, one of which warns that if there's a no-deal divorce with the EU then planes between the UK and France plus other EU countries could be grounded.
The Local. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 17:32:41 +0200.
- As U.S. sanctions near, Europe fails to protect Iran deal
"You can't," the official said, and with just six weeks until the next wave of U.S. sanctions hits Iran on Nov. 4, European diplomats acknowledge he was right. ...
Yahoo. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 11:24:29 -0400.
- Pope Pays Tribute To Latvia's Independence Fighters
Pope Francis has laid flowers at the monument to Latvian independence in Riga, on the second leg of a Baltic regional tour. ...
Radio Liberty. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 14:17:00 +0000.
- Comcast (CMCSA) Outsmarts 21st Century Fox to Buy 61% of Sky
Comcast's (CMCSA) bid outsmarts 21st Century Fox for European pay-TV player, Sky Plc's 61% stake in a three-round regulated auction held last Saturday.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 14:04:00 GMT.
- The Latest: Croatia searching for Syrian girl after appeal
ROME (AP) - The Latest on Europe's migrant crisis (all times local): 6:20 p.m. Croatian police are searching for a 5-year-old Syrian girl after her father posted an emotional appeal seeking help finding her. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 09:53:51 -0400.
- Ibizan Restaurant Zela To Launch At ME London
This Autumn, ZELA restaurant will be jetting in to London, bringing a unique blend of Japanese and Mediterranean cuisine, craft cocktails and slick service with Ibizan beats. ...
Hsyndicate. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 15:46:54 +0200.