- EU to unveil digital tax targeting Facebook, Google
BRUSSELS (AFP) - The EU will unveil proposals for a digital tax on US tech giants on Wednesday (March 21), bringing yet more turmoil to Facebook after revelations over misused data of 50 million users shocked the world.
Straits Times. Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:55:44 +0800.
- Polish official says Russia is deepening divisions in...
WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Poland's foreign minister on Wednesday accused Russia of trying to change the political order in Europe by destabilizing ...
Daily Mail. Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:05:25 +0000.
- Polish official says Russia is deepening divisions in Europe
Poland's foreign minister says Russia is trying to change the political order in Europe by destabilizing Eastern Europe, breaking trans-Atlantic unity and deepening divisions among European allies.
Fox News. Wed, 21 Mar 2018 11:18:36 GMT.
- The Sharing Economy: In Europe, we made a "Bang" but it wasn't "Big" | By Georges Panayotis
The sharing economy is a generous concept, but it is one with which Latin societies are not very familiar. Latin populations are rather attached to their properties, and have a difficult time sharing them with others. ...
Hsyndicate. Wed, 21 Mar 2018 10:39:31 +0200.
- Britain intends to stay in Europe's carbon market until at least 2020
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain intends to remain in Europe's emission trading system (ETS) until at least the end of its third trading phase which runs from 2013-2020, Britain's energy minister said on Wednesday.
Reuters. Wed, 21 Mar 2018 07:45:24 -0400.
- Farage dumps fish in River Thames in Brexit fishing protest
Pro-Brexit demonstrators have hurled fish into the River Thames to protest against continued European access to U.K. waters after Britain leaves the European Union next year
ABC News. Wed, 21 Mar 2018 06:58:29 -0400.
- EU approves Bayer takeover of Monsanto after concessions
BRUSSELS (AP) - The European Union has approved Bayer's buyout of Monsanto in a massive agriculture business deal, but says they will have to shed over $7.4 billion in firms and other remedies to ensure fair competition in the market. ...
Raf Casert. Washington Times. Wed, 21 Mar 2018 06:34:39 -0400.
- Night Wolves Biker Club Kicks Off 'Russian Balkan' Tour
The Russian motorcycle club the Night Wolves kicked off what they call their "Russian Balkans" tour with a visit to the Serbian town of Sid on March 20.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 21 Mar 2018 04:46:31 +0000.
- Europe's slower autonomous car testing reduces accident risk, experts say
Europe's slower and more regulated testing of autonomous vehicles may reduce the likelihood of accidents, industry experts said. European countries have been hesitant to allow private companies to test self-driving vehicles on public roads.
AutoNews.com. Wed, 21 Mar 2018 03:07:03 EST. Subscription required.
- Brexit: MPs warn of multiple obstacles to EU security deal
A longer transition period after Brexit may be needed to guarantee security co-operation, MPs say.
BBC News. Wed, 21 Mar 2018 01:29:33 GMT.
Copyright © 2008-2017 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Europe