- UEFA head suggests sports police force
The Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) President Michel Platini wants to ...
Hurriyet. Fri, 24 May 2013 16:54:00 +0200.
- What The Olive Oil Disaster Tells Us About The European Union
Last week the European Union published a law that said that olive oil could no longer be served in restaurants with refillable bottles or in bowls. Instead, only labelled, one use only, bottles could be used. ...
By Tim Worstall. Forbes. Fri, 24 May 2013 16:21:47 GMT.
- VIDEO: First halal food fair for Sarajevo
Food lovers and businessmen attend Sarajevo's first ever halal food fair, set up in response to a rise in demand for halal food products in the wider Balkans region and beyond in recent years.
BBC News. Fri, 24 May 2013 16:01:50 GMT.
- Townsend faces FA gambling charge
Andros Townsend pulls out of the England Under-21s European Championships squad following FA betting charges.
BBC News. Fri, 24 May 2013 15:40:28 GMT.
- Questions on the U.S.-EU Trade Agreement With Karel De Gucht
EU Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht explains why the U.S. and the European Union need stronger trade ties.
U. S. News & World Report. Fri, 24 May 2013 12:30:00 -0400.
- Ethiopian Activist Recognized for Fight Against Female Genital Mutilation
An Ethiopian activist who has worked to support women’s rights and battle female genital mutilation has been awarded an international prize in Europe. Bogaletch Gebre founded Kembatti Mentti Gezzima-Tope in the 1990s. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 24 May 2013 11:09:29 -0400.
- Rising extremism in Europe causes concerns in the Balkans
Strong regional co-operation can help fight the threat of extremism in the Balkans.
Southeast European Times. 2013-05-24.
- EU Arrests Former Kosovar Guerrillas In War Crimes Probe
European Union police in Kosovo have arrested five people on suspicion of war crimes during the 1998-99 conflict in Kosovo, reportedly including a close wartime ally of Prime Minister Hashim Thaci.
Radio Liberty. Thu, 23 May 2013 16:59:16 +0000.
- EU Trade Chief to Seek Investment Pact with China
The European Commission will seek the support of EU governments to launch talks with China on an investment pact that could be a precursor to a free-trade deal if Brussels and Beijing can overcome growing tensions. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 23 May 2013 12:56:49 -0400.
- Gumball 3000 caught speeding - The Baltic Times
TALLINN - The Estonian police caught 11 contestants of the legendary Gumball 3000 luxury cars rally violating speed limit rules. They are applying for their arrest, reports Postimees Online. ...
Baltic Times. Thu, 23 May 2013 00:00:00 GMT.