- 2 French officials urge help for migrant rescue ship
Officials in southern France made impassioned pleas Tuesday to a so-far-silent French government to allow docking access to a ship carrying 141 migrants that it rescued last week in the Mediterranean Sea, stressing humanitarian concerns.
Fox News. Tue, 14 Aug 2018 11:21:08 GMT.
- Tunisia anti-litter activist takes up 300-km, 30-beach...
Bin bags at the ready, "long-distance activist" Mohamed Oussama Houij moves methodically along a beach in Tunisia's Mediterranean town of Nabeul, scooping ...
Daily Mail. Tue, 14 Aug 2018 04:12:23 +0100.
- The city ranked as the most liveable in the world
It's the first time a European city has topped the rankings of the Economist Intelligence Unit survey.
BBC News. Mon, 13 Aug 2018 23:01:40 GMT.
- Sberbank recognized as best bank in Central and Eastern Europe in innovations sphere
Sberbank was also recognized as the winner in the Best Digital Marketing nomination
Tass. Mon, 13 Aug 2018 23:22:42 +0300.
- Turkey Drives Up Worry: Global Week Ahead
The Turkish Lira rout that started last week is the big story for this coming week. In turn, U.S. and European earnings seasons are winding down.
John Blank. Zacks. Mon, 13 Aug 2018 18:06:00 GMT.
- Europe needs coastal adaptation measures to avoid catastrophic flooding by the end of the century
Coastal floods could impact up to 3.65 million people every year in Europe by 2100, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Mon, 13 Aug 2018 12:52:30 EDT.
- Youngest Ingebrigtsen beats brothers to take gold in Berlin
Norwegian teenager Jakob Ingebrigtsen on Saturday become the third of his three brothers to win gold in the 1500m at the European Championships.
The Local. Mon, 13 Aug 2018 16:45:41 +0200.
- Angela Merkel and Vladimir Putin to hold meeting on Baltic Sea gas pipeline
The leaders will get together at Germany's state guest house this weekend to discuss a major energy deal criticised by Trump and the US government
Adam Forrest. The Independent. Mon, 13 Aug 2018 14:40:06 +0000.
- Second World War-era bombs removed from Baltic Sea resort
More than 2,000 people were evacuated while Polish navy experts removed three Second World War-era bombs from the Baltic Sea bed at the holiday resort of Kolobrzeg.
Irish Independent. Mon, 13 Aug 2018 15:35:14 +0100.
- European Rescue Ship with 141 Migrants Still Looking for Safe Place to Dock
A European rescue ship packed with 141 migrants and picked up in the Mediterranean Friday is still looking for a safe place to dock. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 13 Aug 2018 09:31:09 -0400.
- Aquarius charity ship seeks European port for rescued migrants
Human rights groups called on European governments to tell a charity ship where it can dock and let more than 140 migrants rescued in the Mediterranean disembark in safety.
France 24. Mon, 13 Aug 2018 09:19:57 GMT.
- European Dairy Alternative Market Growth, Trends and Forecast (2018-2023) - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Europe Dairy Alternative Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. ... ...
Business Wire. Mon, 13 Aug 2018 08:41:00 UTC.
- BMW tests electric 3 series in Europe
Spy shots of BMW's electric 3 series, referred to as a Tesla Model 3 fighter, have surfaced in Europe.
AutoNews.com. Mon, 13 Aug 2018 00:01:00 EST. Subscription required.
- China seeks influence in Europe, one business deal at a time
PRAGUE(NYTIMES) - When Xi Jinping became the first top Chinese leader to visit the Czech Republic, he was accompanied by a mysterious Chinese tycoon with big political ambitions, money to burn and strong ties to the Czech president.
Straits Times. Mon, 13 Aug 2018 10:16:15 +0800.
- Firms 'struggling to recruit as EU workers stay away'
The tighter labour market is boosting wages for some staff, says HR trade body the CIPD.
BBC News. Sun, 12 Aug 2018 23:15:32 GMT.
- Migrants Tell European Rescuers Five Ships Passed Them By in Mediterranean
A European rescue group says migrants stranded in the Mediterranean told it five ships passed them by and refused to help until one of the group's ships finally picked them up Friday. ...
Voice of America. Sun, 12 Aug 2018 16:01:22 -0400.
- Nunes on reducing Russia's energy influence in Europe
Rep. Devin Nunes travels to Europe to explore pipeline that would reduce Russia's energy influence in the region; Nunes shares insight on 'Sunday Morning Futures.'
Yahoo. Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:15:29 -0400.
- The Generational Disconnect Or How To Go From Brussels To Botswana In 100 Years
With ever-changing business models, technology, and the general social structure, how can you create a fertile business ground for the involvement of new generations in your family-owned business?
By Francois Botha, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 12 Aug 2018 09:00:00 -0400.
- Far-right German leader skeptical of Bannon's anti-EU push
A leader of the far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) party has poured cold water on plans by Steve Bannon, U.S. President Donald Trump's former political strategist, to forge a wide populist alliance to undermine the European Union.
Reuters. Sat, 11 Aug 2018 19:47:51 -0400.
- EU seeks details from Saudi Arabia on women human rights arrests amid Canada row
The European Union has asked Saudi Arabia to shed light on the arrests and charges facing women human rights activists, saying that the detainees should be granted due process to defend themselves.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sat, 11 Aug 2018 14:54:50 EDT.