- Areva-Siemens raises claim to $4.4 billion over Finnish reactor delays
The French-German consortium Areva-Siemens (AREVA.PA)(SIEGn.DE), the supplier of Finland's much-delayed Olkiluoto-3 nuclear reactor, has increased its claim against Finnish utility Teollisuuden Voima (TVO), TVO said late on Friday. ...
Yahoo. Sat, 25 Oct 2014 10:45:05 GMT.
- How Customer Service Experts Like Apple, Virgin, Zingerman's Bend Time
It's no secret that customer expectations for speed have accelerated. ...
By Micah Solomon. Forbes. Sat, 25 Oct 2014 01:11:00 GMT.
- BASF, an Industrial Pillar in Germany, Leans Abroad
The chemical giant has been investing more of its money and management energy in other countries, signaling a wider malaise in the German economy.
By Stanley Reed and Melissa Eddy. International Herald Tribune. Fri, 24 Oct 2014 23:56:10 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- World Briefing: Austria: Monument Honors Deserters From the Third Reich’s Army
Austria unveiled a new monument on Friday dedicated to thousands of Austrians who deserted from the German Army during World War II.
By Reuters. International Herald Tribune. Fri, 24 Oct 2014 23:38:28 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Letter containing suspicious substance triggers alarm at four consulates in Istanbul
Chemical and biological experts have rushed to the US, Canada, Belgium and German consulates in Istanbul
Hurriyet. Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:59:00 +0200.
- EMEA: From Düsseldorf to Silicon Valley, the NFV revolution is coming
When more than 1,300 global industry experts converged on Düsseldorf, Germany, last week for the SDN and OpenFlow World Congress, one of the hottest topics was network function virtualization. ...
Sara Zaske. RCR Wireless. Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:19:03 +0000.
- Stagnating Euro Zone Seeks to Persuade Germany to Shift
Euro zone leaders sought on Friday to bridge stark differences over how to avoid economic stagnation and deflation in the bloc, with Germany facing fresh calls to soften its budget rigor and spend more. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 24 Oct 2014 04:33:10 -0400.
- Amazon Web Services Direct Connect Service Now Available in Germany at Equinix Data Centers
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and FRANKFURT, Germany, Oct. ...
PR Newswire. Fri, 24 Oct 2014 04:00:00 EDT.
- Panono announces pricing and availability for rolling ball camera
German startup Panono has announced availability and pricing for its ball-shaped Panono Camera. The device shoots spherical panorama images and will cost $549/€549 when it ships worldwide in the spring of 2015. ...
Digital Photography Review. Thu, 23 Oct 2014 00:20:00 Z.
- Readout of the Vice President’s Meeting with German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel
Vice President Joe Biden met with German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel today at the White House to discuss bilateral relations and common challenges such as ISIL, Ebola, and Russia’s continued efforts to destabilize eastern Ukraine. ...
The White House. The White House. Wed, 22 Oct 2014 20:46:00 +0000.
Facts About Germany
The Federal Republic of Germany, located in north central Europe, is a
federal multi-party republic with a bicameral legislature.
Its capital city is Berlin, and its currency is the Euro.
The primary language spoken in Germany is German, although the Slavic
Sorbian language is used by a small minority. In 2007, Germany's
estimated population was 82,401,000.
For more news and information about Germany, visit this official
German government website.
For detailed maps of Germany, visit this
Germany map website.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Germany