- Turnips pummell Jarramplas at annual Spanish festival
People at a festival in Piornal in Spain throw turnips at a character called Jarramplas, who represents a cattle thief in folklore.
BBC News. Fri, 20 Jan 2017 08:09:24 GMT.
- Tennis - Pliskova, Strycova lead Czechs against Spain
- Karolina Pliskova and Barbora Strycova will spearhead defending champions the Czech Republic in the first-round Fed Cup tie against Spain on February 11-12, team captain Petr Pala said. ...
Yahoo. Fri, 20 Jan 2017 05:01:41 -0500.
- Spain Arrests Alleged Russian Hacker, Weighs U.S. Extradition Request
Spanish officials said an alleged Russian hacker sought by the United States on hacking allegations has been jailed while a decision is made on whether to extradite him.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 20 Jan 2017 02:36:32 +0000.
- Art Students League Director Is Stepping Down
Ira Goldberg, executive director since 2001, is leaving his post to live in Spain. His exit follows that of the league’s president in December.
Colin Moynihan. New York Times. Thu, 19 Jan 2017 21:12:15 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- 3M Wins Preliminary Injunction Against Spain-Based BossAuto; Protects PPS™ Technology
ST. PAUL, Minn. & MADRID--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Commercial Court of Barcelona, Spain, has ordered a preliminary injunction against BossAuto Innova S.A. ... ...
Business Wire. Thu, 19 Jan 2017 18:33:00 UTC.
- Spanish monarch backs Turkish tourism at Madrid expo
Spanish King Felipe VI expressed support for Turkish tourism at an international travel expo on Jan. 18, saying the country’s industry would recover quickly.
Hurriyet. Thu, 19 Jan 2017 12:35:00 +0200.
- Why are we running out of courgettes?
Bad weather in Italy and Spain is significantly increasing the price of vegetables across northern Europe.
BBC News. Thu, 19 Jan 2017 09:53:37 GMT.
- Auto Europe Reveals the Top 3 Road Trip Destinations in Spain for 2017
PORTLAND, Maine, Jan. 19, 2017 -- Auto Europe, one of the industry's first global car rental service companies, reveals its predictions for the top 3 road trip destinations in Spain for 2017. ...
PR Newswire. Thu, 19 Jan 2017 08:45:00 EST.
- On Soccer: Valencia, an Often Unsteady Club, Teeters Toward Disaster
Valencia, which has the fourth-highest budget in Spain but the fourth-worst record, always poses a challenge for coaches, but it has never experienced a crisis quite like this.
Rory Smith. New York Times. Thu, 19 Jan 2017 05:00:21 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Can NBC Universo Replicate 'Sons Of Anarchy's' Success In Spanish?
The cable network has made several popular acquisitions as it tries to attract a younger bilingual audience.
By Veronica Villafañe, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 17 Jan 2017 20:05:00 -0500.
Facts About Iberian Peninsula States
The Iberian States include Spain, Portugal, and Andorra. They are
located on the Iberian Peninsula in southwestern Europe. For more
news and information about each of the Iberian Peninsula countries,
visit the official goverment websites listed below.
The Kingdom of Spain's capital city is Madrid, and its currency is the
Euro. Spanish is the official language of Spain, and in 2007, the
country's estimated population was 40,448,000.
The Portuguese Republic's capital city is Lisbon, and its currency is
the Euro. Portuguese is the official language of Portugal,
and in 2007, the nation's estimated population was 10,643,000.
The Principality of Andorra's capital city is Andorra la Vella, and its
currency is the Euro. Catalan, French, and Spanish are the primary
languages spoken in Andorra, and in 2007, the principality's estimated
population was 72,000.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Spain, Portugal, and Andorra