- Mika Kurosawa, Leading Figure in Contemporary Dance in Japan, Dies at 59
Ms. Kurosawa, who was born into a dance family, was rebelliously devoted to her art, but not to the trappings of fame or popularity.
Gia Kourlas. New York Times. Sat, 10 Dec 2016 02:38:29 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Japanese Leader’s Pearl Harbor Visit May Not Be a First, After All
Japan said Shinzo Abe would be the country’s first prime minister to visit the site of the attack, but it now appears that historic occasion actually took place in 1951.
Jonathan Soble. New York Times. Sat, 10 Dec 2016 00:52:20 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Japan ISS Kounotori: Spacecraft launched to try to clear space junk
Japan launches a cargo ship equipped with a half-mile long magnetic tether to clear space junk.
BBC News. Fri, 09 Dec 2016 22:49:56 GMT.
- Japan tests innovative magnetic tether for slowing space junk
Japan launches a cargo ship carrying a space junk collector designed to gather debris in space.
BBC News. Fri, 09 Dec 2016 22:36:05 GMT.
- The $1 Billion Subaru Impreza Wins Car Of The Year In Japan
Subaru spent $1 billion to develop the all-new Impreza. ...
By Peter Lyon, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 9 Dec 2016 12:52:00 -0500.
- Toshiba Launches 40V/45V N-Channel Power MOSFET with Industry's Leading-class Low On-resistance
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Toshiba expanded its "U-MOS IX-H Series" of low-voltage N-channel power MOSFETs with new 40V and 45V products delivering industry leading-class low on-resistance and high-speed performance.
Business Wire. Fri, 9 Dec 2016 07:57:00 UTC.
- Africa: Ugandan Super-Goalie Onyango 's Long Route to Face Ronaldo
[Monitor] Kampala -It is nearly a week since Uganda Cranes custodian Denis Onyango alongside his Mamelodi Sundowns teammates set foot in Japan for the Fifa Club World Cup.
All Africa. Fri, 09 Dec 2016 05:18:49 GMT.
- Missing Marine Pilot Who Ejected off Japan Coast Confirmed Dead
A U.S. Marine pilot who ejected from an F/A-18 fighter jet off the eastern coast of Japan has been confirmed dead after being recovered earlier on Thursday by a Japanese naval vessel, military officials said. ...
Yahoo. Thu, 08 Dec 2016 20:29:00 -0500.
- Nissan to focus on cost, technology with emphasis on what it can control
Nissan, the Japanese automaker that's become symbolic of what it means to be a truly global manufacturer, has a simple plan to navigate an unprecedented level of uncertainty around policy and regulation: focus on what's in its control.
AutoNews.com. Thu, 8 Dec 2016 10:31:32 EST. Subscription required.
- Daiki Axis' Business Strategies and Earnings Reviewed by KCR
TOKYO, Dec. 8, 2016 -- Daiki Axis CO., Ltd. ...
PR Newswire. Thu, 08 Dec 2016 03:12:00 EST.
Facts About Japan
Japan, an island state off the east coast of Asia, is governed as a
constitutional monarchy. Its capital city is Tokyo; its second
largest city is Osaka. Japan's national currency is the Yen.
In 2007, Japan's estimated population was 127,433,000, and Japanese is
the primary language spoken in Japan.
For more news and information about Japan, visit this official
Japanese government website. For detailed maps of Japan, visit
this Japan map website.
Click on the small Japan map shown at right to display a full-size
map of Japan.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org.
All rights reserved.
News Articles about Japan