- Porn magazines to be scrapped from most Japanese convenience stores before 2020 Olympics, Rugby World Cup
As the spotlight of the world will soon be on Japan for major global sporting events over the next two years, don't expect to see any adult magazines on the shelves of convenience stores.
Travis Fedschun. Fox News. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:00:11 GMT.
- Japan's Abe: Putin and I are determined to resolve island row
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said that he and Russian President Vladimir Putin had confirmed their determination to find a solution to a decades-long territorial dispute during talks in Moscow on Tuesday.
Reuters. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 12:25:12 -0500.
- Abe says looking forward to meeting Putin in June
Japan's prime minister is looking forward to the next top-level meeting
Tass. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 20:03:34 +0300.
- Ex-Nissan boss faces more time in custody as bail denied
The decision means Carlos Ghosn could remain in custody in Tokyo until his trial for financial crimes.
BBC News. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 12:35:46 GMT.
- Carlos Ghosn Is Denied Bail as Jail Stint Looks to Continue
A Tokyo court rejected an offer that the fallen Nissan chairman hire private security guards and surrender all of his passports.
Motoko Rich. New York Times. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 12:07:48 GMT.
- 2020 Olympics: Japanese chains scrap porn magazines
Two of Japan's big convenience store chains will stop selling adult magazines ahead of Tokyo 2020.
BBC News. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 11:33:31 GMT.
- Singapore joins established maritime nations in offering war risk insurance for ships
SINGAPORE - Singapore now offers war risk insurance for ships, joining the likes of established maritime nations such as Greece, Japan, Norway and Britain.
Straits Times. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 19:30:00 +0800.
- Marie Kondo reveals 'vertical' hack which will give you extra drawer space AND easy access
British ITV stylist Mark Heyes appeared on This Morning's Lorraine on Tuesday to demonstrate Japanese decluttering expert Marie Kondo's clever folding hack, entitled the 'vertical fold'.
Daily Mail. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 10:51:45 GMT.
- Protesters detained in Moscow ahead of Russia-Japan talks
MOSCOW (AP) - A dozen protesters were detained on Tuesday outside the Japanese Embassy in the Russian capital ahead of talks between the countries' leaders at the Kremlin. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 04:58:39 -0500.
- Tokyo court rejects Ex-Nissan chair Carlo Ghosn's bail request
TOKYO (AP) — A Tokyo court rejected former Nissan chairman Carlos Ghosn's latest request for bail on Tuesday, more than two months after his arrest. ...
Yuri Kageyama. Washington Times. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 04:48:46 -0500.
- Ghosn denied bail despite offer to wear electronic tag
Carlos Ghosn may have to remain in custody in Japan until his trial for alleged financial misconduct after his latest bid for freedom failed.
Sky News. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 06:00:00 +0000.
- Tokyo court rejects Ex-Nissan chair Ghosn's bail request
A court in Tokyo has rejected former Nissan chairman Carlos Ghosn's latest request for bail
ABC News. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 22:33:32 -0500.
- Russia's Putin Says 'Work Remains' Before Peace Deal With Japan
Russian President Vladimir Putin has said that "work remains" before Russia can reach a peace treaty with Japan to formally end World War II.
Radio Liberty. Tue, 22 Jan 2019 03:18:22 +0000.
- China Deserves A Stronger Voice In IMF Than America And Japan
China has been rising in the global economy, but not in the ranks of global organizations like IMF, still dominated by US and Japan.
By Panos Mourdoukoutas, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 16:42:00 -0500.
- Hotel fires half its robot staff for sucking at their jobs - CNET
Bye bye, bots. Henn na Hotel in Japan laid off droids that annoyed customers by failing to perform simple tasks.
Bonnie Burton. CNET. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 20:16:20 +0000.
- Ghosn awaits fate after vowing to stay in Japan if bailed
Carlos Ghosn awaits his fate as a Tokyo court prepares to rule on his bail request after the ousted Nissan boss vowed to remain in Japan if released and offered to provide more collateral. ...
Yahoo. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 04:53:31 -0500.
- Carlos Ghosn pledges not to flee Japan if granted bail
Arrested car industry executive offers to give up his passport, submit to electronic tracking to gain release on bail.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 06:09:11 GMT.
- Tokyo offers free noodles to commuters who avoid rush hour trains
It is a familiar situation to anyone taking the train to work on a Monday morning: packed carriages, stuffy air and nowhere to sit down.But a Japanese metro firm thinks it may have found the solution to commuter misery by ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 11:13:42 +1200.
- Masazo Nonaka: World's oldest man dies aged 113 in Japan
'We feel shocked at the loss of this big figure,' says family
Chris Baynes. The Independent. Sun, 20 Jan 2019 11:36:00 +0000.
- France pushes Japan to accept Renault-Nissan merger: reports
The French government has told Japan it will seek a merger between Renault and Nissan following the shock arrest of former Nissan chairman Carlos Ghosn, reports said Sunday.
The Local. Sun, 20 Jan 2019 09:41:18 +0100.
Japan, an island state off the east coast of Asia, is governed as a
constitutional monarchy. Its capital city is Tokyo; its second
largest city is Osaka. Japan's national currency is the Yen.
In 2007, Japan's estimated population was 127,433,000, and Japanese is
the primary language spoken in Japan.
For more news and information about Japan, visit this official
Japanese government website. For detailed maps of Japan, visit
this Japan map website.
Click on the small Japan map shown at right to display a full-size
map of Japan.