- Reporter Podcast: Changing Lives via Text Message
An NGO is giving Kenyan villagers a basic income -- for many years, and by mobile phone. In an interview, reporter Patrick Witte explains how the project works and the impact it is having on peoples' lives.
Spiegel Online. Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:19:49 +0100.
- Nestle provides lifeline for struggling Kenyan coffee...
By Duncan MiririKIRINYAGA, Kenya, March 21 (Reuters) - When Nestle executive Stephan Canz attended the German school in Nairobi in the early 1980s, it ...
Daily Mail. Wed, 21 Mar 2018 10:47:18 +0000.
- World's last male northern white rhino dies in Kenya - CNET
Wildlife officials at Ol Pejeta Conservancy euthanize the rare rhinoceros due to severe pain from health issues affecting his muscles and bones.
Bonnie Burton. CNET. Wed, 21 Mar 2018 09:03:24 +0000.
- Cambridge Analytica Had a Role in Kenya Election, Too
An undercover video broadcast on British television revealed that the company worked for the re-election of President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Jina Moore. New York Times. Tue, 20 Mar 2018 23:18:52 GMT.
- Teaching boys that 'real men' would stop rape
A project in Kenya is teaching boys how to intervene to stop sexual violence.
BBC News. Tue, 20 Mar 2018 23:11:39 GMT.
- Cambridge Analytica's Kenya election role 'must be investigated'
Kenya's opposition calls for a full investigation after the company boasts of its election impact.
BBC News. Tue, 20 Mar 2018 16:34:38 GMT.
- Chick-fil-A VP: Everyday heroes among us -- how you can be a catalyst for change in your own community
In the slums of Kenya, I encountered people not to be pitied, but to be emulated.
Rodney Bullard. Fox News. Sun, 18 Mar 2018 15:19:00 GMT.
- About 5,000 Ethiopians Flee to Kenya After Botched Military Operation
About 5,000 Ethiopians have crossed into Kenya seeking refuge since March 10, the Kenyan Red Cross Society said, after several civilians were killed in what the Ethiopian military said was a botched security operation targeting militants. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 13 Mar 2018 18:49:43 -0400.
- Tillerson praises anti-poaching lab as US lifts ban on importing trophies
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson lavished praise on an American-funded forensics lab that tracks down elephant-poachers for prosecution, as he visited a sprawling reserve of Kenyan grasslands where endangered animals roam wild.
Irish Independent. Sun, 11 Mar 2018 18:51:55 +0000.
- Illness sidelines US secretary of state for a day in Africa
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has canceled his scheduled events Saturday in Kenya because he's sick
ABC News. Sat, 10 Mar 2018 12:23:02 -0500.
Facts About Kenya
The Republic of Kenya, located in East Africa, is governed by an elected
President and a unicameral National Assembly. Its capital city
is Nairobi, and its currency is the Kenyan shilling.
In 2007, Kenya's estimated population was 36,914,000, and the primary
languages spoken in Kenya are English and Swahili.
For more news and information about Kenya, visit the official
Kenyan government website.
Click on the small Kenya map shown at right to display a full-size
Copyright © 2008-2017 News-Articles.org.
All rights reserved.
News Articles about Kenya