- Rachel Johnson: Trump is no match for this 92-year-old lady with a handbag
'The Queen, a 92-year-old woman of 5ft 4in managed to make the 6ft-plus President of the United States look like a spoilt little boy', writes RACHEL JOHNSON.
Daily Mail. Sun, 15 Jul 2018 02:55:28 +0100.
- Immigrant children, parents reunited faster under new court order
When Yolany Padilla was released from immigration custody in Seattle last week, she assumed she would be quickly reunited with her 6-year-old son, who had been taken from her at the U.S.-Mexico border two months earlier.
Reuters. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 21:04:16 -0400.
- Soon There Will Be Only One Blockbuster Left in the United States
The upcoming closings of two Blockbuster video stores in Alaska will leave one store in central Oregon as the last one in the United States.
Julia Jacobs. New York Times. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 22:56:00 GMT.
- Works by Over 100 Contemporary Artists Take Over Cleveland
The citywide FRONT International festival and is the largest event of its kind in North America
Smithsonian. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 20:52:46 +0000.
- Iran's Rohani Pledges 'Perseverance' In Face Of Looming U.S. Sanctions
Iranian President Hassan Rohani has said the United States is "more and more isolated" on the matter of sanctions against his country.
Radio Liberty. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 19:55:52 +0000.
- Box Office: Dwayne Johnson's 'Skyscraper' Disappoints With Mere $9.3M Friday
Dwayne Johnson's 'Die Hard' and 'Towering Inferno' homage is struggling in North America.
By Scott Mendelson, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 11:00:00 -0400.
- The 3 Biggest Risks Facing Canada's Legal Marijuana Industry
Despite passage of the Cannabis Act, the weed industry isn't without concerns.
Yahoo. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 07:21:00 -0400.
- Pompeo meets next Mexican president, says Trump wants better ties
U.S. President Donald Trump wants to strengthen and improve ties with Mexico after "bumps in the road," Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told Mexico's next leader on Friday, following the leftist's landslide victory this month.
Newsmax. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 20:27:25 EDT.
- Hong Kong braces itself for fallout from firms leaving China
As officials say the escalating trade war between the United States and China will hit Hong Kong hard, observers see the ongoing uncertainty hastening the relocation of foreign firms from China.
Straits Times. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 05:00:00 +0800.
- No need for seatbelts on school buses, says Transport Canada
A new directive for seatbelts on highway buses does not need to include school buses, says Transport Canada.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 15:00:00 EDT.
- There's only one Blockbuster store left in the United States
And then there was one. One Blockbuster store in the United States, that is.
ABC News. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 18:14:44 UTC.
- 5 Internet Stocks Set to Outperform in Q2 Earnings
Internet stocks are benefiting from strong e-commerce growth, expanding online delivery modes and increasing usage of social-media platforms.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:19:00 GMT.
- VW T-Cross: Too small for North America
It's not coming to the U.S. or Canada, but Volkswagen hopes its T-Cross small crossover will appeal to young families in urban areas almost everywhere else in the world.
AutoNews.com. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 10:48:04 EST. Subscription required.
- Di Maio: parliamentary majority will reject EU-Canada trade deal
Italy's deputy prime minister Luigi Di Maio said Friday that a majority in parliament would reject an EU-Canada free trade deal, thereby threatening to scupper the entire agreement.
The Local. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:27:00 +0200.
- Capacity of North American forests to sequester carbon
Researchers have calculated the capacity of North American forests to sequester carbon in a detailed analysis that for the first time integrates natural processes and climate changes that are likely to alter growth over the next 60 years.
Science Daily. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 09:35:31 EDT.
- Pompeo and Mexico's President-Elect Seek Fresh Start
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is heading to Mexico Friday, where he will meet with that country's leftist president-elect, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 01:09:00 -0400.
- The new, new robos (full session)
Bradley Leimer, Moderator, Managing Director and Head of Fintech Strategy Explorer Advisory & Capital, Dann Bibas, CEO, Fountain, Deborah Owens, CEO, WealthyU, Saad Zariff, Vice President of North America, Wahed Invest LLC.
American Banker. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 03:46:21 GMT.
- Controversial Mexico City shopping mall partially collapses
A mall in Mexico that had been the site of contention partly collapsed Thursday amid structural problems.
Frank Miles. Fox News. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 23:30:00 GMT.
- 8 Products That Soon May Cost More Due to Trump’s Tariffs
The 25% tariff that the United States imposed on July 16 on $34 billion of imports from China (with $16 billion more to come, likely in August) touches nearly every corner of American consumers' lives. ...
Kiplinger. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 17:15:35 -0400.
- JetBlue Expands International Service in Northeast Focus Cities with Seats to Mexico City Now on Sale
JetBlue Takes Off This Fall with New Nonstop Service to Mexicos Capital from Both New York-JFK and Boston.
Travel Industry Wire. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:43:17 EST.