- Patrick Chappatte: On Cuba
The United States will restore full diplomatic relations with Cuba.
International Herald Tribune. Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:05:08 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Turkey welcomes Cuba-US rapprochement
The Turkish capital has voiced its pleasure over the announcement of rapprochement between Cuba and the United States
Hurriyet. Fri, 19 Dec 2014 11:23:00 +0200.
- Mercedes recalls 8,279 Sprinter vans in U.S. for possible oil leak
Mercedes-Benz is recalling 8,279 Sprinter vans in the United States because of a potential oil leak that would increase the risk of a fire or a stalling engine, according to documents filed by federal safety regulators.
AutoNews.com. Fri, 19 Dec 2014 11:02:17 EST. Subscription required.
- Africa: Statement From USAID Administrator Shah
[USAID]I want to thank President Obama for the honor of serving our country these past five years as Administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development. ...
All Africa. Fri, 19 Dec 2014 10:55:44 GMT.
- U.S. Calls On Belarus To Release Political Prisoners
The United States is calling on Belarus to release all of its “political prisoners” ahead of the fourth anniversary of a crackdown that resulted in the jailing of hundreds of opposition activists.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 19 Dec 2014 05:36:56 +0000.
- Why it's so hard to know when oil will bounce back: Don Pittis
From Russian political stability to the value of Canada's oil sands companies, there is a lot riding on the price of oil. ...
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Fri, 19 Dec 2014 05:00:10 EST.
- A ‘Brave’ Move by Obama Removes a Wedge in Relations With Latin America
Leaders who have consistently lambasted the United States and President Obama abruptly changed course, praising the policy shift on Cuba.
By Simon Romero and William Neuman. International Herald Tribune. Fri, 19 Dec 2014 03:35:07 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Mexican Telecom Tycoon Carlos Slim's Net Worth Slipped In 2014
Big changes mandated by the government of Mexico took the wind out of America Movil shares starting in September. That meant Carlos Slim ended up down at number three in Forbes' ranks of the World's Billionaires.
By Dolia Estevez. Forbes. Fri, 19 Dec 2014 00:26:00 GMT.
- Statement by the Vice President on the Selection of Avril Haines as Deputy National Security Advisor
I have respected and admired Avril Haines ever since she first served as my counsel on the Foreign Relations Committee of the United States Senate. ...
The White House. The White House. Thu, 18 Dec 2014 23:09:00 +0000.
- Cubans Imagine New, More Prosperous Life Without an Old Foe
From bus drivers to bartenders and ballet dancers, many Cubans are already imagining a more prosperous future after the United States said it will put an end to 50 years of conflict with the communist-run island. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 18 Dec 2014 22:45:56 -0500.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about North America