- What Afghanistan, United States, Taliban Seek From Doha Talks
Amid news that the Taliban is opening an office in Qatar with the intention of engaging in talks with the United States, RFE/RL looks at what the main players in the Afghan conflict want out of peace negotiations.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 19 Jun 2013 16:33:58 +0000.
- Poverty hits native Canada children
Four in 10 indigenous Canadian children live in poverty, more than twice the national rate, finds a study that urges an increase in social services.
BBC News. Wed, 19 Jun 2013 15:13:20 GMT.
- Geek-Favorite Electronics Retailer Newegg Hatches New Billionaire On Rising Sales
The United States' second-largest online-only retailer is relatively inconspicuous on the Web. ...
By Ryan Mac. Forbes. Wed, 19 Jun 2013 15:00:00 GMT.
- Mexico arrests top 10 US fugitive
A US fugitive on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted list for the alleged sexual exploitation of children is arrested at a resort in Mexico.
BBC News. Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:52:38 GMT.
- Half of Canada's aboriginal children are poor
Half of Canada's aboriginal children are living in poverty, triple the national average, according to a new analysis of census statistics.
Miami Herald. Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:14 EDT.
- Poloz urges 'stability and patience' in 1st public speech
In his first public remarks since being named governor of the Bank of Canada, Stephen Poloz said the central bank will keep its focus trained squarely on keeping inflation in check.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:09:44 EDT.
- FBI Uses Drones for Surveillance, Without Clear Guidelines
Robert Mueller says drones are "very seldom used" in the United States.
U. S. News & World Report. Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:28:00 -0400.
- Hotwire Unveils Annual List of Top 10 Destinations for Canada Day
Domestic cities continue to dominate for the holiday and for the third year in a row, Toronto reigns as the top destination for travellers. Meanwhile, a new U.S. city - Boston - makes its debut onto the list.
Travel Industry Wire. Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:38:06 EST.
- Afghanistan Cancels Security Talks With United States
Afghan President Hamid Karzai has canceled bilateral security talks with the United States, apparently to protest the opening of formal talks with the Taliban insurgent group. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 19 Jun 2013 05:22:32 -0400.
- 'Most Wanted' US Fugitive Arrested in Mexico
A former U.S. college professor who was recently placed on the FBI's notorious list of most wanted criminals has been arrested in Mexico. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 19 Jun 2013 03:10:12 -0400.
Copyright © 2008-2011 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about North America