- dormakaba USA Recalls Stanley Commercial Hardware Locksets Due to Risk of Entrapment in an Emergency
The lockset can fail to open, posing an entrapment hazard and inability to vacate a location in an emergency.
Consumer Product Safety Commission. December 12, 2018.
- WATCH: Daughter signs for her deaf dad at rock concert
Karri Carberry, 19, used American Sign Language to sign the lyrics at a Three Days Grace concert in Canada.
ABC News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 17:03:29 -0500.
- Episode #1901
Latino USA's traditional episode for the new year is a remix of our favorite music pieces of 2018.
NPR. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:51:37 -0500.
- Canadian grain handler Richardson buys Wesson cooking oil from Conagra
Canada's biggest grain handler, Richardson International Ltd, said on Tuesday that it had agreed to buy Wesson, a retail brand of canola and vegetable oils, from Conagra Brands Inc.
Reuters. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:46:06 -0500.
- China is building its own top-secret 'Z-machine' in a hidden research centre to rival US
China's military is building a machine capable of simulating thermonuclear explosions on an unprecedented scale, similar to the US' 'Z machine', located in New Mexico (pictured).
Daily Mail. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 21:38:28 GMT.
- Rasmussen Poll: 34 Percent of Republicans Would Pay for Wall
When asked if they would contribute money to help pay for President Donald Trump's wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, 34 percent of Republicans said yes in the latest Rasmussen Reports poll.
Newsmax. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:45:12 EDT.
- Tilray stock jumps on medical cannabis collaboration with pharma giant
Tilray Inc. shares jump after the B.C.-based company takes another step to strengthen its medical marijuana business outside Canada through a new collaboration with Novartis pharmaceutical group's Sandoz AG.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:43:02 EST.
- With a focus on high-risk patients, researcher eyes eliminating TB for good
A focus on high-risk tuberculosis patients may be the answer to stalled progress in stamping out the illness in the United States.
Science Daily. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:42:42 EST.
- Late-week storm may impact holiday shipping as deadlines for Christmas arrival loom
A major storm that will plow into the eastern half of the United States late this week could throw a wrench into plans for early holiday travelers as well as holiday shipping.
Yahoo. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:20:05 -0500.
- Border Patrol: Incomplete border tunnel found in Nogales
NOGALES, Ariz. (AP) - Authorities say an incomplete tunnel has been found under the U.S.-Mexico border in Nogales, Arizona, and Nogales, Sonora. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 13:11:40 -0500.
- Coal boom in India and Southeast Asia to cancel out declines in North America and Europe, says report
'The story of coal is a tale of two worlds'
Josh Gabbatiss. The Independent. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 17:47:01 +0000.
- Cloud of smoke covers city of Toluca, Mexico after warehouse fire
A massive cloud of thick black smoke engulfed the city of Toluca after a warehouse fire.
BBC News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:31:39 GMT.
- Another View: America Could Lead the Transition to a Digital Currency Reserve
The United States has the opportunity to incubate technologies that could enable a digital transnational currency of the future.
Brian Brooks. New York Times. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:00:27 GMT.
- Will Walgreens (WBA) Q1 Earnings Gain From Overall Strength?
Several planned developments, early benefits from new pharmacy contracts as well as increased volumes are consistently driving growth within Walgreens Boots' (WBA) Retail Pharmacy USA division.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:56:00 GMT.
- Putin Open To Other States Joining Russia-U.S. Nuclear Pact
Russian President Vladimir Putin has suggested he is open to the idea of other countries joining a Cold War nuclear-arms treaty between Russia and the United States or to starting talks on a new pact.
Radio Liberty. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:48:51 +0000.
- The World Faces Rising Costs Of Climate Change As Oil Prices Drop
Rising global emissions from fossil-fuel use pose increasing environmental, economic, and security threats to the United States -- and the rest of the world.
By Ariel Cohen, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 08:49:00 -0500.
- China's economic miracle: 40-year rise in numbers
BEIJING (AFP) - Four decades after China's late paramount leader Deng Xiaoping masterminded the "reform and opening up" policy, the Asian giant has become an economic superpower, behind only the United States.
Straits Times. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 11:10:05 +0800.
- PESCO adding 180 jobs to Farmington plant and $75M expansion
FARMINGTON, N.M. (AP) - A company that designs and builds production equipment for the oil and gas industry is adding 180 jobs to its Farmington plant with plans for a $7.5 million expansion. New Mexico Gov. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 20:11:30 -0500.
- Democrat Chris Coons: Trump sounds 'like a mob boss'
A senator says Mr Trump sounded "more like a mob boss than president of the United States".
BBC News. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 20:49:57 GMT.
- Jesuit province releases names of accused abusers
The Roman Catholic Jesuit province serving much of the eastern United States is releasing the names of Jesuits who face "credible or established" accusations of sexual abuse of minors dating to 1950.
David Mcfadden. Fox News. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 19:53:39 GMT.