- Election law needs update to deal with Twitter, Facebook, watchdog says
Parliament must update Canada's election law to respond to new concerns linked to social media like Facebook and Twitter, the country's election watchdog says.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wed, 27 Jul 2016 05:00:00 EDT.
- Hillary Clinton Will Make U.S. Stronger, Says Husband Bill Clinton
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton urged Democrats and the American public to vote for his wife Hillary in November, saying that making her the first woman U.S. president will turn the United States into a stronger and better country.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 27 Jul 2016 01:18:40 +0000.
- China's LeEco Buys Vizio For $2 Billion In Smart TV Market Grab
LeEco, the Netflix of China, is coming to the United States with its acquisition of Vizio.
By Brian Solomon. Forbes. Tue, 26 Jul 2016 19:32:00 GMT.
- Gülen calls on US to ‘resist’ demands for his extradition
Pennsylvania-based Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen has denied the accusations against him and said the United States “must resist” Turkey’s request for his extradition
Hurriyet. Tue, 26 Jul 2016 17:18:00 +0200.
- U.S. to Expand Program to Admit Central American Immigrants
The Obama administration will broaden the effort to allow families of children fleeing dangerous conditions to enter the United States with them.
Julie Hirschfeld Davis. International Herald Tribune. Tue, 26 Jul 2016 16:04:54 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Jhonny Vegas wins in Canada, a tour pro's odd music video, and Sergio Garcia's romantic NYC getaway
Jhonny Vegas wins in Canada, a tour pro's odd music video, and Sergio Garcia's romantic NYC getaway.
Golf Digest. Tue, 26 Jul 2016 14:09:12 GMT.
- Clinton, if elected, plans to renegotiate NAFTA, UAW chief says
UAW President Dennis Williams said Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has assured him she would renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement if she is elected president.
AutoNews.com. Tue, 26 Jul 2016 13:56:34 EST. Subscription required.
- La Ventosa Journal: Mexico’s Wind Farms Brought Prosperity, but Not for Everyone
Investors have plowed $9 billion into wind farms in Mexico, but some residents, especially in poorer areas, say they have rarely seen the benefits.
Victoria Burnett. International Herald Tribune. Tue, 26 Jul 2016 13:30:15 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Pyongyang: US Would Pay 'Terrifying Price' for Destabilizing Korean Peninsula
North Korea said Tuesday the United States would pay a "terrifying price" if it contributes to tensions on the Korean Peninsula, hours after U.S. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 26 Jul 2016 11:35:48 -0400.
- Price transparency eludes consumers in 43 states
Just seven states achieved a passing grade for making usable healthcare price information available to consumers, according to the 2016 Report Card on State Price Transparency Laws.
Modern Healthcare. Tue, 26 Jul 2016 11:01:00 EST.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about North America