- ArtsBeat: Latest ‘Hunger Games’ Film Opens Big, but not as Big as the Previous One
The third “Hunger Games” movie, “Mockingjay Part 1” (Lionsgate), sold an estimated $123 million in tickets at North American theaters over the weekend.
By Brooks Barnes. International Herald Tribune. Mon, 24 Nov 2014 15:54:25 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Bits Daily Report: Silicon Valley Responds to Obama’s Immigration Order
Despite drawbacks of the president’s executive order, some immigrants working in technology said it could make work in the United States easier.
By The New York Times. International Herald Tribune. Mon, 24 Nov 2014 12:30:55 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Africa: USAID Announces $125 Million in New Financing to Support Clean Cookstoves and Cooking Fuels
[USAID]Washington, D.c. -The U.S. ...
All Africa. Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:35:51 GMT.
- Philippines Leery of Development on Reef Reclamation in S. China Sea
New satellite imagery of a Chinese land reclamation project in disputed waters of the South China Sea is drawing new concern from the United States and the Philippines. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 24 Nov 2014 09:09:23 -0500.
- Podcast: Frost's Fabozzi discusses 'pain points' in EHR data retrieval
Electronic health records' usability, or lack thereof, is the big talk this year in health IT, as federal officials get ready to contemplate the rules for Stage 3 of the Meaningful Use EHR incentive program.
By Neil Versel. Forbes. Mon, 24 Nov 2014 08:24:00 GMT.
- North Korea Threatens Retaliation Over UN Rights Resolution
North Korea has issued a strongly worded statement warning of catastrophic consequences for the United States and other countries that supported the recent U.N. resolution condemning North Korea’s human rights record. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 24 Nov 2014 05:00:43 -0500.
- TFSAs will lead to 'welfare' for the wealthy, government warned
The Conservative government is facing calls to change the rules around tax-free savings accounts now before a loophole means some of Canada's wealthiest people could start receiving "welfare for seniors."
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Mon, 24 Nov 2014 05:00:00 EST.
- Former President Gül makes first overseas trip since leaving office
Former Turkish President Abdullah Gül began his first foreign trip since leaving office to visit Britain and Canada
Hurriyet. Mon, 24 Nov 2014 00:01:00 +0200.
- Afghan Parliament Approves U.S., NATO Agreements
Afghanistan's parliament has approved bilateral security agreements with the United States and separately with NATO that allow international troops to remain in Afghanistan past the end of this year.
Radio Liberty. Sun, 23 Nov 2014 09:25:43 +0000.
- BBC to show Fifa Women's World Cup
The BBC will provide comprehensive coverage of next year's Fifa Women's World Cup in Canada.
BBC News. Sun, 23 Nov 2014 00:02:22 GMT.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about North America