- 4ocean Co-Founders Andrew Cooper and Alex Schulze Named Forbes 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs
BOCA RATON, Fla., Nov. 14, 2018 -- Each year, Forbes ranks the 30 Under 30, an annual encyclopedia of the brashest entrepreneurs across the United States and Canada. ...
PR Newswire. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 14:15:00 +0000.
- Polar bears are threatening native Inuit populations, warns controversial government report
The controversial report, which was drafted by the Nunavut government in northern Canada, estimated that polar bear populations are much higher than scientists have previously estimated.
Daily Mail. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 14:03:27 GMT.
- Uber sees opportunity for minibus service in Kenyan capital
Uber Technologies may roll out a new service in Kenya to help users book seats on minibuses that ply the streets of the congested capital, if tests on the product in Egypt and Mexico prove successful, a company executive said on Wednesday.
Reuters. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 08:29:29 -0500.
- Caravan migrants reach United States border
More than three hundred people are the first to arrive in Tijuana, Mexico, hoping to start new lives in the US.
BBC News. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:56:33 GMT.
- Woman suffers brain damage after receiving plastic surgery in Mexico, family says
Anesthesia injected into the woman's spine went to her brain, her family said.
ABC News. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:36:55 -0500.
- Russia Says U.S. 'Unpredictability' Causing 'Global Concern'
The Kremlin has lashed out over what Russian President Vladimir Putin's spokesman says is the recent "unpredictability" of the United States, saying it was causing "deep global concern."
Radio Liberty. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:31:19 +0000.
- Danish shipper: US-China trade war hits container trade
HELSINKI (AP) - Danish shipping group A.P. Moller-Maersk is warning that trade tensions between the United States and China could weigh on business. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 06:44:17 -0500.
- Elon Musk's 'Teslaquila' prompts sobering opposition from the tequila industry
Elon Musk and Mexico's tequila producers could be headed for a collision after the drink's industry group opposed the Tesla CEO's efforts to trademark an alcoholic drink dubbed "Teslaquila."
AutoNews.com. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 06:16:01 EST. Subscription required.
- Canada's first successful heart transplant was 50 years ago this week. Here's how it happened
Toronto's St. Michael's Hospital is marking the 50th anniversary of Canada's first successful heart transplant. "We showed that it can be done," remembered a doctor involved in the landmark surgery.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 06:00:00 EST.
- Kremlin says Russia not pivoting towards East, Western investors important for Moscow
"Business relations with the United States are important," Dmitry Peskov stated
Tass. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:04:24 +0300.
- 'El Chapo' trial: Mexico presidents reject 'scapegoat' claims
The drug lord's lawyer told his trial that the real cartel leader was being protected by Mexico's rulers.
BBC News. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:56:10 GMT.
- Boy, 14, used as human bridge receives apology, support after video goes viral
About 50 students and adults are rallying outside a high school in Canada on Tuesday and calling for an end to bullying after a teen with cerebral palsy was used as a human bridge to cross a stream earlier this month, reports said.
Amy Lieu. Fox News. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:44:14 GMT.
- The man who battled the flames to save his corner of Paradise
Paradise (United States) (AFP) - By all accounts, retired carpenter Brad Weldon should have evacuated his home in Paradise as the flames approached.
Yahoo. Tue, 13 Nov 2018 22:00:00 -0500.
- How Amazon got US cities tripping over themselves to offer it tax breaks for HQ2
When Amazon announced it wanted a second North American headquarters to base up to 50,000 employees, what followed was a massive bidding war.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 13:25:55 +1100.
- EU Trade Commissioner seeks to further talks with US
WASHINGTON (AFP) - EU Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom arrived in Washington on Tuesday (Nov 13) to further talks with the United States on a new trade deal, but she stressed that it would be limited.
Straits Times. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 09:12:14 +0800.
- N.F.L. Moves Game Out of Mexico City Over Field Conditions
The highly anticipated game between the Chiefs and Rams was moved back to Los Angeles because the grass at Azteca Stadium was in poor condition.
Ken Belson. New York Times. Wed, 14 Nov 2018 00:53:36 GMT.
- Russia-Linked Social Media Accounts Targeted Midterms
Russia-linked accounts on Facebook and Instagram attempted to spread politically divisive content ahead of the midterms and had 600,000 followers in the United States, according to Facebook.
Newsmax. Tue, 13 Nov 2018 20:52:52 EDT.
- Mexican drug lord El Chapo is a scapegoat, trial told
Notorious drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman is a scapegoat for the real leader of Mexico's drugs cartel, his lawyer says.
Sky News. Tue, 13 Nov 2018 23:53:00 +0000.
- U.S. Officials 'Harden' Border With Mexico To Prepare For Migrant Caravan
Several lanes of northbound traffic from Tijuana will be closed to install "port hardening infrastructure equipment." U.S. Customs and Border Protection says drivers should expect delays.
Richard Gonzales. NPR. Tue, 13 Nov 2018 18:18:02 -0500.
- US Army Sets Up Camp on the US Southern Border
From Donna, Texas, VOA correspondent Celia Mendoza observes the military operation, that President Donald Trump has been sent to reinforce the U.S. border with Mexico and assist the Border Patrol.
Voice of America. Tue, 13 Nov 2018 16:55:00 -0500.