- The cancer capitals of Australia are revealed in new Cancer Council Queensland interactive map
Skin, prostate and lung cancers are particularly common in cluster areas of Australia while breast cancer is surprisingly more common in some of Sydney's richest suburbs.
Daily Mail. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 04:23:49 +0100.
- MacTel signs AU$1m NBN deal with Regional Australia Bank
MacTel will provide NBN telco and data services to Regional Australia Bank's 32 branches under a three-year deal worth AU$1 million.
ZDNet. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 02:51:11 +0000.
- Kiwi farm worker jailed for poisoning 406 wedge-tailed eagles in Australia
A New Zealand man working in a farm in Australia has been jailed for 14 days and fined AU$2,500 for poisoning 406 wedge-tailed eagles. Murray James Silvester, 59, pleaded guilty to killing the protected birds in east ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 14:04:06 +1200.
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern's baby premieres among world leaders
The New Zealand leader makes history by bringing baby Neve to the UN in New York.
BBC News. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 01:57:33 GMT.
- Mike Hall: UK cyclist died instantly in race collision, inquest told
Mike Hall was hit by a car during a "Hunger Games on wheels" race across Australia, an inquest hears.
BBC News. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 01:25:24 GMT.
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern brings three-month-old baby to UN assembly
UNITED NATIONS (AFP) - New Zealand's prime minister, who shot to international fame for giving birth while in office, turned heads on Monday (Sept 24) by bringing her three-month-old daughter into the UN assembly hall.
Straits Times. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 08:22:52 +0800.
- Wall Street wobbles as new tariffs kick in, oil prices surge
The Australian share market looks poised to fall in the wake of global markets losing ground overnight, but energy stocks could be set to rally as oil prices surge to four-year highs.
Stephanie Chalmers. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 08:13:04 +1000.
- Stranded Indian sailor Abhilash Tomy rescued after three days
Tomy was rescued by a French fishing vessel approximately 3,300km from Perth in Australia.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 16:11:54 GMT.
- Admired abroad, New Zealand leader faces hurdles at home
Last Thursday, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced the high-profile interviews she'd be doing this week in New York, where she's attending the U.N. General Assembly.
Nick Perry. Fox News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 16:08:07 GMT.
- Conservationists slam Australia shark policy as more killed
Conservationists on Monday slammed the baiting and killing of sharks at a popular Great Barrier Reef tourist spot after two swimmers were attacked, saying the policy was brutal and indiscriminate. ...
Yahoo. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 04:39:47 -0400.
- Cambodia Frees Australian Filmmaker Convicted of Spying
The arrest and conviction of James Ricketson came to symbolize a crackdown on journalists and opposition figures in Cambodia.
Julia Wallace. New York Times. Sat, 22 Sep 2018 08:27:45 GMT.
- Japan PM Abe to visit Darwin in first since World War II: media
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will visit Darwin in November in a first for a Japanese leader since the Japanese imperial army bombed the Australian city during World War II, Australian media reported on Saturday.
Reuters. Sat, 22 Sep 2018 02:54:19 -0400.
- Pardoned Australian filmmaker to be deported from Cambodia
PHNOM PEHN, Cambodia (AP) - An Australian filmmaker was awaiting deportation from Cambodia on Saturday after receiving a royal pardon for his conviction on spying charges for flying a drone over a political rally. ...
Sopheng Cheang. Washington Times. Fri, 21 Sep 2018 22:49:06 -0400.
- Labour would offer New Zealand-style paid leave for domestic violence victims
'These 10 days could literally help save the lives of those women,' Dawn Butler will say
Lizzy Buchan. The Independent. Fri, 21 Sep 2018 21:23:00 +0000.
- Cambodia Pardons Australian Filmmaker Jailed for Espionage
Cambodia has granted a pardon to an Australian filmmaker jailed in August on espionage charges for six years, a court in Phnom Penh said Friday. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 21 Sep 2018 11:52:42 -0400.