- Man finds huge carpet python coiled up next to a huntsman spider in his home
A terrified Brisbane man has photographed two of Australia's scariest inhabitants inside of his house.
Daily Mail. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 22:12:32 GMT.
- Why walkable city centres could make Australia richer
The ease at which people can move around their local CBD, even just to meet for coffee, will play an important role in the future success of business, a leading cities expert says.
Jessica Hinchliffe. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Wed, 19 Dec 2018 09:00:00 +1100.
- Court rules estate agency director liable for botched NZ deal, to pay $210,000 in property investment losses
A couple who lost about $210,000 investing in a New Zealand property will recover the sum from the director of a Singapore real estate company after the High Court ruled that he was liable for misrepresentation that led to the loss.
Straits Times. Wed, 19 Dec 2018 05:00:00 +0800.
- Animals Pedal Launches the Vintage Van Driving is Very Fun Overdrive
The pedal features true bypass switching, and is decorated with playful artwork by Australian artist Jonas Claesson.
Premier Guitar. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:57:00 -0500.
- New Zealand to hold cannabis referendum in 2020
Votes are set to be cast during the country's next general election, following a pledge made last year.
BBC News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 17:15:50 GMT.
- The 'wary' #MeToo conversation in Australia
High-profile allegations of misconduct are being tested against strict defamation laws.
BBC News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:48:12 GMT.
- Alphabet Introduces Accents for Google Assistant in U.S.
Alphabet (GOOGL) enhances Google Assistant with the introduction of British and Australian accents for U.S.-based users.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 13:23:00 GMT.
- A story of human rights defender on Manus Island in his own words
Al Jazeera speaks to Abdul Aziz Muhamat, who has been held captive on the island by Australia for over five years.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 10:46:43 GMT.
- New Zealand Says Voters Will Decide Whether Marijuana Is Legalized
With a referendum planned for 2020, New Zealand apparently will be the first country to put legalizing recreational marijuana to a public vote.
Charlotte Graham-mclay. New York Times. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 07:00:27 GMT.
- Australian government lags UK in deploying DMARC email spoofing prevention
DMARC email authentication can significantly reduce the risk of phishing attacks, but only 5.5 percent of Australia's main government domains have deployed it. That's set to change.
ZDNet. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 05:49:31 +0000.
- Australia Federal Court narrows BHP's suits over Samarco disaster
The Federal Court of Australia on Tuesday ordered that the number of class-action lawsuits against BHP Group over a Brazilian mine collapse be narrowed to one from three.
Reuters. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 00:28:30 -0500.
- Australia's Sommelier Of The Year Is Turning Perth Into A Wine Haven
Australia's Sommelier Of The Year helped transform this remote city into a wine haven.
By Lauren Mowery, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 16:07:00 -0500.
- New Zealand leader excited for holiday break with infant
New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern looking forward to spending more time with her daughter Neve over the Christmas break and thanking everybody who's helped her juggle responsibilities
ABC News. Sun, 16 Dec 2018 23:30:28 -0500.
- Australian MP resigns after 'sugar baby' claims
Australian Nationals MP Andrew Broad has resigned from his position as Assistant Minister to the Deputy Prime Minister over sordid allegations published in New Idea this morning.The site reported Broad had been using the ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:36:09 +1200.
- Deep Seagrass Bed Could Stall Climate Change, If Climate Change Doesn't Kill It First
Scientists have identified a giant bed of deep sea grass in Australia's Great Barrier Reef that may be absorbing millions of tons of carbon. But these so-called blue carbon sinks need protecting too.
Emma Bowman. NPR. Sun, 16 Dec 2018 17:34:35 -0500.