- Oil firm as Iran sanctions loom; OPEC, Russia resist calls to raise output
Oil markets remained strong on Tuesday, with Brent crude near a four-year high reached the previous session.
Reuters. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 22:29:25 -0400.
- LNG production in Russia could reach 83 mln tonnes by 2035 - Energy Ministry
The Ministry of Energy allows the possibility of using additional incentives for the development of the industry
Tass. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 05:24:44 +0300.
- US Warns Russia over Missile Defense for Syria
The Trump administration is warning Russia that supplying Syria with an advanced missile defense system would be a "major mistake" and should be reconsidered.
Newsmax. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 21:01:51 EDT.
- Russia doping: Wada head Sir Craig Reedie defends Russian reinstatement decision
Wada president Sir Craig Reedie responds to critics of the controversial decision to reinstate Russia, asking what they would have done differently.
BBC News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 22:37:38 GMT.
- Edwin Moses: WADA must cut ties with IOC to regain trust in sport
The Olympic gold medalist said the WADA's decision was about more than Russian reinstatement; it was about the type of organization the WADA has become. ...
ESPN. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 17:30:26 EST.
- Theresa May says Russia and Syria must be held accountable for use of chemical weapons
Prime minister calls on world leaders to do more to prevent further use of chemical weapons
Samuel Osborne. The Independent. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 21:58:00 +0000.
- Rod Rosenstein's year under pressure
President Trump wants him to stop the Russia probe while lawmakers on both sides urge him to stand tall.
BBC News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 21:32:34 GMT.
- What next for Russian-Israeli relations?
Russia's decision to install the S-300 in Syria increases the risk of unintended confrontation with Israel.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 20:17:35 GMT.
- Russia to provide Syria with new S-300 air defense missiles
The move follows the downing of a Russian plane over Syria last week.
ABC News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 14:56:31 -0400.
- Seconds After Release From Jail, Russia Arrests Aleksei Navalny Again
The approach has allowed Moscow to keep Mr. Navalny out of sight for important events while escaping criticism for harsh treatment that might make him a martyr.
Andrew E. Kramer. New York Times. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 18:50:20 GMT.
- BBC: Russia probe chief set for Trump showdown
The US deputy attorney general has had an “extended conversation” with the president, the White House says, amid doubts over his future in the job. Read more here. ...
Victoria Petrenko. Kyiv Post. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 18:45:13 +0000.
- Russia Summons Norway's Ambassador After Arrest Of Man On Espionage Charges
The Russian Foreign Ministry has summoned Norway's ambassador to protest the arrest of a Russian citizen outside Oslo on suspicion of spying.
Radio Liberty. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 17:27:57 +0000.
- Incredible photos of the last czar and the Russian royal family surface
Remarkable photo albums showing the Czar Nicholas II and the Russian royal family have gone on public display for the first time.
James Rogers. Fox News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 16:58:00 GMT.
- Oil prices surge to near four-year high
Oil prices have jumped to the highest level for nearly four years after Saudi Arabia and Russia ruled out any immediate increase in production.
Sky News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 16:29:00 +0100.
- Russia to Supply New Missile Defense System to Syria
Russia says it will supply Syria with a more modern S-300 missile defense system in the coming weeks, over the objections of Israel. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 11:26:07 -0400.
- Norway arrests suspected Russian spy
A Russian citizen arrested in Norway on suspicion of spying during a seminar in parliament rejects the claim and says it is a "misunderstanding", his lawyer told AFP on Monday.
The Local. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 13:51:36 +0200.
- Russian national held in Norway suspected of spying
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) - A Russian national has been arrested in Norway on suspicion of spying after he attended a conference on strengthening cooperation between Europe's parliamentary administrations, his lawyer said Monday. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 03:09:17 -0400.
- Saudi Arabia And Russia Fire Back At Trump On Oil Prices
President Trump desperately wants to keep oil prices low before the midterm elections. Will Saudi Arabia and Russia cooperate?
By Ellen R. Wald, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 23 Sep 2018 17:12:00 -0400.
- Mass protests over Russian plan to raise pension age
Thousands rallied across Russia yesterday to protest against the government's plan to raise the eligibility age for retirement pensions by five years.
Irish Independent. Sun, 23 Sep 2018 18:30:00 +0100.
- Russia says 'misled' by Israel in plane downing over Syria
Russia's military Sunday blamed "misleading" information from the Israeli airforce for the downing of one of its planes in Syria last week, and denounced the "adventurism" of Israeli pilots. ...
Yahoo. Sun, 23 Sep 2018 11:19:50 -0400.
The Russian Federation is a republic which occupies much of eastern
Europe and northern Asia. Russia is governed by a President, a
Premier, and a bicameral Federal Assembly. Its capital city is
Moscow, and its national currency is the Rouble. Russian is the
primary language used by Russians, and in 2007, Russia's estimated
population was 141,378,000.
For detailed maps of Russia, visit this
Russia map website.