- Africa: UN Pilot Project to Address African Disasters
[CAJ News] Johannesburg -THE United Nations Habitat Programme is piloting a new tool aimed at helping African cities adapt to natural disasters and challenges.
All Africa. Tue, 01 Dec 2015 10:43:18 GMT.
- Chinese president leaves Paris for Zimbabwe, South Africa visits
Chinese President Xi Jinping left Paris on Monday evening after attending the opening ceremony of the UN climate change conference.
- Gumtree 'baby seller' pleads guilty
A 20-year-old woman in South Africa pleads guilty to trying sell her child for $380 on advertising website Gumtree.
BBC News. Mon, 30 Nov 2015 16:26:43 GMT.
- SA grapples with worst drought in 30 years
South Africa is facing one of the worst droughts to hit the region in 30 years, affecting food production and prices, while many small farmers are expected to go out of business, writes the BBC's Nomsa Maseko.
BBC News. Mon, 30 Nov 2015 07:57:56 GMT.
- Heng: Cartoon: Heng on China-Africa Ties
President Xi Jinping is scheduled to visit Zimbabwe and South Africa early next month.
International Herald Tribune. Sun, 29 Nov 2015 15:27:45 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Corruption Busting Is Her Game
Thousands of people pour into the Pretoria city center. They blow whistles and vuvuzela trumpets in a demonstration against the government. In the middle of the mass is a slight, 23-year-old woman with long black hair. ...
Voice of America. Sun, 29 Nov 2015 09:00:31 -0500.
- Former SAF Businessman Gives Books, Love of Reading to Students
Children play at Thaba-Tshehlo Primary in Soweto, the huge township south of Johannesburg. They bounce around in their black and white uniforms. The school has few resources, but it’s neat and clean. ...
Voice of America. Sun, 29 Nov 2015 06:00:20 -0500.
- Football - Terror alert as Etoile, Pirates seek CAF glory
- Terrorism in Tunisia has forced a kick-off time change and a limited crowd for the CAF Confederation Cup final second leg Sunday between Etoile Sahel and Orlando Pirates from South Africa. ...
Yahoo. Sat, 28 Nov 2015 01:23:58 -0500.
- Celebrate The Holiday With South African Airways Thanksgiving Weekend Cyber Sale To Africa
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Nov. 27, 2015 -- South African Airways (SAA), the national flag carrier of South Africa and Africa's most awarded airline, is offering a cyber sale with special fares from the U.S. ...
PR Newswire. Fri, 27 Nov 2015 10:00:00 EST.
- Africa's 50 Richest: These 6 Returned To The 2015 Forbes List
Six Africans had swings of fortune in the last year that catapulted them back onto the 2015 Forbes list of Africa’s 50 richest. Coincidentally, they are all South Africans.
By Mfonobong Nsehe. Forbes. Wed, 18 Nov 2015 14:45:00 GMT.
Facts About South Africa
The Republic of South Africa, located in southern Africa, is governed
by a President and a bicameral Parliament. South Africa's
capital city is Pretoria, and its national currency is the Rand.
In 2007, the nation's estimated population was 43,998,000, and the
primary languages used by South Africans are Afrikaans and English.
For more news and information about South Africa, visit the official
South African government website.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about South Africa