- Tears of joy as rebels sign ceasefire with Colombian government
Colombia's government and leftist FARC rebels signed a historic ceasefire deal on June 23 that brought them tantalizingly close to ending the longest running conflict in the Americas
Hurriyet. Fri, 24 Jun 2016 12:23:00 +0200.
- Africa: Venezuela - a Socialist State in the Big Boys' Backyard?
[Daily News] "Since 2005, Venezuela has provided 'heating oil' through subsidies for low income communities in the United States, thanks to our company, CITGO.
All Africa. Fri, 24 Jun 2016 11:43:50 GMT.
- As the Olympics Near, Brazil and Rio Let the Bad Times Roll
A struggling economy, government corruption and the Zika virus have generated unwanted publicity before the Games.
Joe Nocera. International Herald Tribune. Fri, 24 Jun 2016 09:00:03 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Colombia Farc: Celebrations after ceasefire ends five decades of war
Colombians celebrate a ceasefire between the government and leftist Farc rebels, marking the end of five decades of conflict.
BBC News. Fri, 24 Jun 2016 04:04:34 GMT.
- Inside a Farc rebel camp in Western Colombia
The BBC's Will Grant gained access to a Farc camp in Western Colombia.
BBC News. Thu, 23 Jun 2016 21:52:37 GMT.
- Fiat Chrysler, GM, Toyota near deals to resume Venezuela output
Fiat Chrysler, GM and Toyota are close to agreeing to resume car production in Venezuela after the government allowed them to sell output in dollars, Bloomberg reported, citing people with knowledge of the talks.
AutoNews.com. Thu, 23 Jun 2016 15:37:41 EST. Subscription required.
- Venezuela 'is upside down': Food riots worsening amid shortages
Venezuela’s second-largest city, Maracaibo, is one of the hardest hit places in a country that seems to be running out of almost everything — from bread to beer, from car parts to electricity.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thu, 23 Jun 2016 09:00:00 EDT.
- Rescue Flight Evacuates 2 Sick Workers From the South Pole
The plane took the patients to Chile, the National Science Foundation said, without giving details of their medical conditions.
Christopher Mele and Austin Ramzy. International Herald Tribune. Thu, 23 Jun 2016 05:58:16 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Geopolitical Uncertainties For Oil Increase, But More Likely Bearish For Prices
The potential is rising for civil unrest in Venezuela that leads to a disruption of Venezuelan oil supply, but the market impact should be small. ...
By Michael Lynch. Forbes. Wed, 22 Jun 2016 12:46:00 GMT.
- In Chile's Forests, Shadowy Rebel Groups Threaten Logging Industry
A few moments of relaxation for Chilean logger Nelson Hidalgo were shattered one day last month when 12 armed men piled out of a pick-up truck and demanded he step outside his work-site dining trailer. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 22 Jun 2016 11:18:34 -0400.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about South America