- Former Brazilian Billionaire Silvio Santos Praises Netflix, Gets Lifetime Membership To It
Santos' outspoken style has earned him something other than ratings this time.
By Anderson Antunes. Forbes. Fri, 27 Feb 2015 19:16:00 GMT.
- Argentine president case dismissed
A federal judge in Argentina dismisses accusations that President Cristina Fernandez had covered up alleged Iranian involvement in 1994 a bomb attack.
BBC News. Fri, 27 Feb 2015 13:14:41 GMT.
- Argentina country profile
Provides an overview of Argentina, including key events and facts of this South American country.
BBC News. Fri, 27 Feb 2015 12:09:39 GMT.
- Africa: WFP Executive Director Visits Chile to Highlight Cooperation On Emergency Preparedness and Nutrition
[WFP]During her visit to Chile on 27 February, Cousin will also highlight Chile's role in sharing its experiences in the fields of nutrition, emergency preparedness and response, and humanitarian assistance through South-South Cooperation.
All Africa. Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:06:55 GMT.
- Argentina judge dismisses cover-up case against president
An Argentine judge on Feb. 27 dismissed the case against President Cristina Kirchner for allegedly shielding Iranian officials from prosecution over the 1994 bombing of a Buenos Aires Jewish center
Hurriyet. Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:52:00 +0200.
- Judge Dismisses Charges Against Argentinian President
A judge has dismissed the charges against Argentina's President, Cristina Fernandez, and Foreign Minister Hector Timerman over the alleged cover-up in a 1994 terrorist attack.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 27 Feb 2015 07:30:18 +0000.
- Review: In ‘Futuro Beach,’ a Haunted Lifeguard Searches for Peace
This elliptical gay romance by the Brazilian writer and director Karim Aïnouz follows its heroes from the warmly golden beach of the title to the cool dampness of Berlin.
By Jeannette Catsoulis. International Herald Tribune. Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:19:15 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Judge in Batista’s Insider Trading Trial in Brazil Is Removed From Case
The court’s inspector general removed the judge, Flávio Roberto de Souza, after he was filmed driving a Porsche that the police had seized from Eike Batista.
By Dan Horch. International Herald Tribune. Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:08:13 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Strike ends at Brazil GM plant after union flexes muscle
Workers at a General Motors factory in Brazil ended a six-day strike today after the company dropped plans to lay off 800 employees, the union said, ending the latest labor standoff in the troubled Brazilian auto industry.
AutoNews.com. Thu, 26 Feb 2015 16:13:28 EST. Subscription required.
- Indonesia Pushes Back on Foreign Execution Pressure
Indonesian President Joko Widodo is pushing back at foreign pressure over the execution of drug dealers, including Brazil's delay in welcoming a new ambassador from Jakarta. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:34:41 -0500.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about South America