- Brazil's economy shrinks by 0.5%
Brazil's economy falls into contraction in the third quarter, with output shrinking by more than analysts had forecast, according to official state figures.
BBC News. Tue, 03 Dec 2013 12:32:53 GMT.
- Brazil's GDP contracts in the 3rd quarter
The economy of Latin America's biggest country contracted in the third quarter of the year, though it was up from the same period of 2012, the government said Tuesday.
Miami Herald. Tue, 03 Dec 2013 10:30 EST.
- VIDEO: Battle over Brazil 'slave land'
A UN working group has arrived in Brazil to examine the issue of racial inequality.
BBC News. Tue, 03 Dec 2013 07:40:39 GMT.
- Power Outage Plunges Most of Venezuela into Darkness
Venezuela's second massive power outage of the year plunged much of the nation into darkness on Monday night, prompting renewed talk of sabotage from President Nicolas Maduro's government and cries of incompetence from its foes. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 02 Dec 2013 22:32:55 -0500.
- Colombian President 'Optimistic' About Peace
Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos, bound for Washington on an official visit, said on Monday he remains cautiously optimistic about peace talks with Marxist FARC rebels taking place in Cuba. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 02 Dec 2013 18:08:13 -0500.
- Donna Brazile Talks Her 'The Good Wife' Cameo
Brazile has become real-life political strategist for TV's fictional political dramas.
U. S. News & World Report. Mon, 02 Dec 2013 17:15:00 -0500.
- FIFA Wants Tougher Actions Against Racism In Soccer, But Reportedly Rejects Black Couple In Brazil
FIFA, the world's soccer governing body, hasn't found a way to please Brazilians soccer fans yet.
By Anderson Antunes. Forbes. Sat, 30 Nov 2013 16:43:00 GMT.
- Africa: Q&A - Anne Glover On Being a 'Critical Friend'
[SciDev.Net]As the World Science Forum in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, comes to a close, delegates discussed science's role in policy and governance.
All Africa. Fri, 29 Nov 2013 15:07:09 GMT.
- Two workers die in Brazil World Cup stadium set
Two workers were killed when a crane collapsed at a stadium set to host next year’s World Cup opene
Hurriyet. Thu, 28 Nov 2013 15:57:00 +0200.
- LatAm Wrap-Up: Movistar Peru to launch LTE; smartphones to reach 154.7 million units in 2017
LTE services are growing across Latin America. Following launches in other countries, Movistar Peru announced it will commercially launch its LTE services on Jan. 2. ...
Roberta Prescott. RCR Wireless. Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:52:41 +0000.
Copyright © 2008-2011 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about South America