- Venezuela first lady's nephews 'confessed' in drug case
Two nephews of Venezuela's first lady confessed to conspiring to import cocaine into the US after being arrested last year, court filings by US prosecutors say.
BBC News. Sun, 24 Jul 2016 08:59:03 GMT.
- Ford&'s Samardzich: &'I wanted to retire earlier rather than later&'
Now that Ford of Europe is profitable again, COO Barb Samardzich is retiring and returning home to the U.S. before deciding on the next step in her career. The head of Ford South America will replace her.
AutoNews.com. Sun, 24 Jul 2016 00:01:00 EST. Subscription required.
- Resilient Golf Turf Faces Test at Olympics
The grass, which will make its global debut at the Rio Olympics, may also play a key role in the sport’s potential growth in South America after the Olympics.
John Clarke. International Herald Tribune. Sat, 23 Jul 2016 19:02:46 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- 'We survive thanks to the mercy of God': Inside a Venezuelan hospital during the food crisis
There have been more than 3,000 protests in Venezuela so far this year, and the Venezuelan Observatory of Social Conflict says more than a quarter of them had to do with the food crisis. ...
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sat, 23 Jul 2016 05:00:00 EDT.
- Argentina’s Luis Scola Adds Olympic Flag-Bearer to his Résumé
Scola, who won a men’s basketball gold medal with Argentina in 2004, will carry the country’s flag during the opening ceremony.
The Associated Press. International Herald Tribune. Fri, 22 Jul 2016 23:32:10 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Brazil Arrests 10 Suspected Members Of IS-Linked Group
Brazilian police have arrested 10 suspected members of a group that had planned attacks during the Olympic Summer Games, which start in Rio de Janeiro on August 5.
Radio Liberty. Thu, 21 Jul 2016 17:58:21 +0000.
- Cheers! Brazilian Billionaires' Beer Empire To Surge With Ok Of SABMiller Purchase
Brazil's richest man Jorge Paulo Lemann and fellow billionaires Carlos Sicupira and Marcel Herrmann Telles, are primed to have their beer behemoth morph in size in what's being hailed the biggest beer merger in recent history. ...
By Keren Blankfeld. Forbes. Thu, 21 Jul 2016 17:26:00 GMT.
- Brazil Olympics: Ten arrested for 'plotting 'terror'
Police in southern Brazil arrest 10 members of a group alleged to be preparing acts of terrorism during the Olympic Games.
BBC News. Thu, 21 Jul 2016 17:02:53 GMT.
- CHILE: Implementing measures to stem environmental pressures
Chile has taken steps to address the rising environmental pressures from its rapid economic growth, strengthening its environmental institutions and introducing new instruments, including a carbon tax. ...
OECD. Acquired Thu, 21 Jul 2016.
- Brazil Arrests Group Planning Olympics Attack
Police in Brazil have arrested 10 people suspected of planning attacks at next month's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. Two others have been brought in for questioning. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 21 Jul 2016 13:19:54 -0400.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about South America