- Colombia general 'free next week'
Colombia's Farc rebels will release five captives, including Gen Ruben Dario Alzate, next week, President Juan Manuel Santos says.
BBC News. Sat, 22 Nov 2014 18:21:47 GMT.
- American Tower to buy 6,400 towers from TIM (RCR Mobile Minute)
American Tower is expanding its tower portfolio in Brazil with the purchase of more than 6,400 towers from Telecom Italia’s TIM Cellular for roughly $1.2 billion. ...
Martha Degrasse. RCR Wireless. Sat, 22 Nov 2014 17:26:10 +0000.
- VIDEO: Street pole-dancing in Buenos Aires
Pole-dancers have been practising in the streets in Buenos Aires ahead of the South American Pole-Dancing Championships, which start on Saturday.
BBC News. Sat, 22 Nov 2014 03:10:33 GMT.
- ArtsBeat: Book Review Podcast: ‘Deep Down Dark’
Héctor Tobar discusses “Deep Down Dark: The Untold Stories of 33 Men Buried in a Chilean Mine, and the Miracle That Set Them Free.”
By John Williams. International Herald Tribune. Fri, 21 Nov 2014 21:09:28 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Vazquez Is Favorite to Win Uruguay Presidential Vote
Leftist ruling party candidate Tabare Vazquez is a clear favorite to win Uruguay's presidential election this month, buoyed by widespread affection for the country's outgoing leader and strong economic growth. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 21 Nov 2014 19:33:08 -0500.
- Torturers of Chilean President's Father Sentenced to Jail
A Chilean judge on Friday sentenced two retired colonels to prison for the torture of President Michelle Bachelet's father, which indirectly led to his death during the early days of General Augusto Pinochet's 1973-1990 dictatorship. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 21 Nov 2014 18:57:49 -0500.
- 'What Rhymes With Islamic State?' Militants Express Ideology Through Poetry
When Chilean poet Pablo Neruda wrote that poetry was an "act of peace," he presumably did not envisage that the art form would one day be taken up by violent Islamist extremists.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 21 Nov 2014 17:12:05 +0000.
- World Briefing: Colombia: Accused as Cocaine Kingpin, Man Pleads Guilty to Charges in New York
Daniel Barrera, 47, faces life in prison after pleading guilty in federal court in Manhattan to a charge that he conspired to manufacture and import cocaine.
By Reuters. International Herald Tribune. Fri, 21 Nov 2014 03:57:07 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Yankees Sign No. 23 International Prospect Bryan Emery
Colombian outfielder Bryan Emery, the No. 23 international prospect for July 2, has signed with the Yankees. Emery, 16, was the last available player from Baseball America’s Top 30 international […] The post Yankees Sign No. ...
Ben Badler. Baseball America. Thu, 20 Nov 2014 17:00:19 +0000.
- 3 Reasons Why Brazil's State-Controlled Oil Giant Petrobras Should Be Privatized
The proud of many Brazilians would be better hands if run by private hands.
By Anderson Antunes. Forbes. Thu, 20 Nov 2014 13:00:00 GMT.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about South America