- What in the World: Brazil’s Mythical ‘Super-Chicken’: What, Exactly, Is a Chester?
It is a dinner staple in Brazil at Christmastime, but few have seen a Chester alive. The mystery has allowed fanciful stories to swirl, to the delight of the company that sells the bird.
Simon Romero. New York Times. Fri, 28 Oct 2016 09:00:03 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Colombia ELN hostage release 'under way'
Colombia's ELN rebels begin the process of freeing a hostage, a condition for talks, officials say.
BBC News. Fri, 28 Oct 2016 07:12:04 GMT.
- Maduro opponents tighten screws with Venezuela strike
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro faces renewed pressure Friday as the opposition calls for a nationwide strike, which he has threatened to break with army takeovers of paralyzed firms. ...
Yahoo. Fri, 28 Oct 2016 03:00:03 -0400.
- Brazil's 'oil capital' Macae loses out
Macae may be Brazil’s "oil capital", but it has seen 22,000 jobs close down due to the country's oil crisis.
BBC News. Thu, 27 Oct 2016 23:07:35 GMT.
- ‘Refugees’ in Aegean turn out to be Colombian tourists
Coast Guard teams in the southwestern Turkish district of Bodrum searched Colombian tourists on Oct. 26 after suspecting that a family in a tour boat might be refugees trying to cross the Aegean Sea, Doğan News Agency has reported.
Hurriyet. Thu, 27 Oct 2016 13:38:00 +0200.
- Brazil's Youth See Their Future, And Her Name Is Ana Júlia
Yesterday a young Brazilian political star was born, and though she is only 16, many Brazilians see her as a sign of hope for the beleaguered country's future.
By Shannon Sims, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 27 Oct 2016 12:53:00 -0400.
- Africa: Uruguay Confirms Willingness to Reach Free-Trade Deal With China
[Focac] Buenos Aires -Uruguayan President Tabare Vazquez on Monday confirmed his country's willingness to pursue a free-trade agreement (FTA) with China.
All Africa. Thu, 27 Oct 2016 07:13:40 GMT.
- Canadian Solar Has Won the Best PV Module Manufacturer Award in Brazil
GUELPH, Ontario, Oct. 27, 2016 -- Canadian Solar Inc. ...
PR Newswire. Thu, 27 Oct 2016 07:00:00 EDT.
- Russian Arms Trader Granted More Favorable Jail Conditions In U.S.
Russian arms trader Viktor Bout, who is serving a 25-year prison term in the United States for illegally selling weapons to a Colombian terrorist group, has been transferred to a prison where he has more liberty and privileges.
Radio Liberty. Thu, 27 Oct 2016 04:43:30 +0000.
- Thousands Rally in Venezuela Streets Against President Maduro
Venezuela's political standoff deepened Wednesday as tens of thousands of protesters took to the streets in several cities and opposition leaders called for a general strike later this week. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 27 Oct 2016 03:03:08 -0400.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about South America