- Report: Julian Assange Soon May Be Kicked Out of Embassy
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange may soon be evicted from the Ecuadorean Embassy in London after six years as high-level talks continue between that country and Britain, The New York Post reported Saturday.
Newsmax. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 19:57:19 EDT.
- Where Are Your Crabs From? FDA Warns About 4 State Vibrio Bacteria Outbreak
Oh crab. Contaminated crab meat from Venezuela may be the source of a Vibrio parahaemolyticus outbreak that has so far affected 4 states. This is what to do.
By Bruce Y. Lee, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 17:19:00 -0400.
- 2018 World Cup Scoring Leaders
Harry Kane, EnglandDenis Cheryshev, RussiaRomelu Lukaku, BelgiumCristiano Ronaldo, PortugalEdinson Cavani, UruguayDiego Costa, SpainArtem ...
Daily Mail. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 21:44:22 +0100.
- Colombia seeks to heal war wounds as FARC commanders appear before tribunal
Former Marxist FARC rebel commanders in Colombia, headed by their leader Rodrigo Londono, appeared before a tribunal on Friday that will try crimes allegedly committed during the country's five-decade civil war.
Reuters. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 20:08:01 -0400.
- Kids fleeing Venezuela left hungry, sick and even abandoned
As Venezuelans flee into Colombia to escape their country's collapsing economy, a grim toll is becoming evident among the youngest arrivals: children sleeping on streets, suffering malnutrition, and in a few cases, abandoned
ABC News. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 01:40:38 -0400.
- Colombian cargo theft rates on a long-term decline, but risks persist in Antioquia, Cauca, Cundinamarca, and Valle
Event Colombian police statistics published in early July showed the number of cargo robberies (139) reported in the first six months of 2018 had declined by 6.7% from the same period last year. ...
Arthur Dhont. Janes 360. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 00:00:00 GMT.
- One dead, one missing as Spanish fishing boat sinks near Argentina
One person has died and another is missing after a Spanish fishing vessel sank off Argentina on Wednesday (July 11), but 25 crew members have been rescued, the Argentine Navy said.
The Local. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 10:29:14 +0200.
- Colombia's tragedy road bridge demolished
A bridge under construction has been destroyed after a partial collapse killed nine people.
BBC News. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 06:20:53 GMT.
- Petrobras Takes a Step Closer to Renewable Sources with TOTAL
Per Petrobras (PBR), its partnership with TOTAL dilutes the risks related to Brazil's renewable energy market.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 11 Jul 2018 21:09:00 GMT.
- Trilobites: New Clues to How the Biggest Dinosaurs Got So Big
A fossil found in Argentina that is more than 200 million years old suggests the most giant of dinosaurs existed earlier than paleontologists believed.
Nicholas St. Fleur. New York Times. Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:11:37 GMT.
- Top Ecuador Court Upholds $9 Billion Ruling Against Chevron
Ecuador's highest court has upheld a $9.5 billion judgment against oil giant Chevron for decades of rainforest damage that harmed indigenous people. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 11 Jul 2018 12:13:41 -0400.
- Thieves plunder headstones as Venezuela's crisis turns grave
Grief flooded back for Ivonne de Gutierrez when she brought flowers to her son's grave at a cemetery in Venezuela's capital, only to find that the grave markers of several relatives were gone.
Jorge Rueda. Fox News. Wed, 11 Jul 2018 15:27:20 GMT.
- The street art accessible to blind people
Tactile boards have been introduced in Chile's capital to make the city's murals more accessible.
BBC News. Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:19:22 GMT.
- Arcadia Biosciences and Bioceres Welcome Martin Mariani Ventura as General Manager for Verdeca Joint Venture
DAVIS, Calif. & ROSARIO, Argentina--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Arcadia Biosciences, Inc. ... ...
Business Wire. Wed, 11 Jul 2018 08:00:00 UTC.
- Thai cave rescue: Chile miners urge rescued Thai boys to be wary of new-found fame
SANTIAGO (REUTERS) - As the world watched the rescue of 12 Thai boys and their soccer coach from deep inside a flooded cave, on the other side of the globe a group of Chilean miners followed the unfolding drama anxiously.
Straits Times. Wed, 11 Jul 2018 11:04:35 +0800.
- Chile miners urge rescued Thai boys to be wary of new-found fame
As the world watched the rescue of 12 Thai boys and their soccer coach from deep inside a flooded cave, on the other side of the globe a group of Chilean miners followed the unfolding drama anxiously. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 10 Jul 2018 22:35:25 -0400.
- Trump Administration Denies Threatening Ecuador Over A Breastfeeding Resolution
A State Department official says "reports suggesting the United States threatened a partner nation related to a World Health Assembly resolution are false." The New York Times says the U.S. did.
Merrit Kennedy. NPR. Tue, 10 Jul 2018 17:18:19 -0400.
- The Most Massive of Dinos Evolved Earlier Than Previously Thought
A Triassic giant unearthed in Argentina suggests that dinosaurs took the path to greatness at least twice
Smithsonian. Mon, 09 Jul 2018 18:22:46 +0000.
- Arsenal closing in on Lucas Torreira and Matteo Guendouzi deals
Arsenal are closing in on the double signing of Uruguay midfielder Lucas Torreira and France Under-20 international Matteo Guendouzi, Press Association Sport understands.
Irish Independent. Mon, 09 Jul 2018 11:40:06 +0100.
- Brazil appeals court judge overrules order to free Lula
Lula is serving 12-year prison sentence for taking bribes from a Brazilian construction company.
Al Jazeera. Sun, 08 Jul 2018 20:31:25 GMT.