- Syria war: US-backed forces 'control' Raqqa
The Syrian Democratic Forces says only a few dozen Islamic State militants remain in the city.
BBC News. Tue, 17 Oct 2017 08:28:34 GMT.
- Syria war: 'Final assault' launched to recapture Raqqa
The Syrian Democratic Forces says it will not stop "until the whole city is clean" of IS militants.
BBC News. Sun, 15 Oct 2017 13:37:59 GMT.
- Syria Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband Statistics and Analyses 2017 - Research and Markets
DUBLIN - The "Syria - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. ... ...
Business Wire. Fri, 13 Oct 2017 09:09:00 UTC.
- Idlib market air strike kills 11 as Turkish forces mass on Syrian border
At least 11 civilians including two children are killed in air strikes on a market in north-western Syria as pro-Turkey rebels prepare for an operation to oust jihadists militants from Idlib province.
Sophie Mcneill. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Mon, 09 Oct 2017 08:34:49 +1100.
- Double Bombing Kills At Least 59 Near Shi'ite Shrines In Damascus
Syrian and Iraqi officials say two explosions near Shi'ite shrines in Damascus have killed at least 40 people and wounded more than 100.
Radio Liberty. Sat, 11 Mar 2017 11:13:04 +0000.
- Twin Blasts Kill at Least 46 in Damascus
At least 46 people, most of them Iraqi pilgrims, were killed and more than 120 others wounded Saturday in Damascus in twin bombings that targeted a religious shrine. ...
Voice of America. Sat, 11 Mar 2017 06:55:57 -0500.
- 40 killed in Damascus blasts targeting Iraqi Shiite visitors
At least 40 people were killed and 100 others wounded on Saturday when explosive devices ripped through busses carrying Shiite visitors close to the Shaghour area in the capital Damascus, a well-informed security source told Xinhua.
- Syrian Women Entrepreneurs Still Export Aleppo Soap, But They've Lost One Of Their Own
How a women's cooperative in Damascus and Istanbul earned enough to support 50 families during wartime.
By Elizabeth Macbride, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 28 Nov 2016 06:39:00 -0500.
Facts About Syria
The Syrian Arab Republic
, located in southwest Asia, is governed by
a head of state and government plus one legislative house.
Its capital city is Damascus, and its currency is the Syrian Pound.
The primary language used in Syria is Arabic, and in 2007,
Syria's estimated population was 19,048,000. Approximately 75% of
Syrians are Arab, 7% are Bedouin Arab, 7% are Kurdish, and 11% are other ethnicities.
Copyright © 2008-2017 News-Articles.org.
All rights reserved.
News Articles about Syria