The world is a diverse and exciting place to explore and taking the time
to travel provides a welcome change from our everyday lives. News
articles about places of interest can spark enthusiasm for new
and provide needed guidance when planning a trip.
Travel news can provide inspiration, planning help, and a variety of
travel mode, accommodation, and destination options for a getaway.
Technology has made it easier than ever to access relevant information,
advisories, and trip guides.
Browse the headlines below to find the latest travel-related news
from around the world.
- Spain to replace US as second most popular tourism spot
The UN says Spain is set to replace the US as the world's second most popular tourism destination.
BBC News. Mon, 15 Jan 2018 15:15:17 GMT.
- Travellers being encouraged to fake illness, says ABTA
ABTA says millions of holidaymakers are being asked to pretend they were sick while away.
BBC News. Tue, 09 Jan 2018 00:05:25 GMT.
- A college grad took a year off, then made it his goal to become a full-time jet-setter
Traveling the world was made possible by "saving and being smart about the way you're spending," Sal Lavallo said.
CNBC. Sun, 17 Dec 2017 19:00 GMT.
- The brainchild of a NSW millionaire, is this the world's first solar train?
A refurbished 70-year-old 'red rattler' running on a three-kilometre stretch of disused rail line at the popular tourist destination of Byron Bay is being billed as a world-first.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Sat, 16 Dec 2017 18:28:27 +1100.
- Seven Wonders of Kazakhstan: Why Fashion Tourism Is Booming in Central Asia
Kazakhstan is a new destination for fashion tourism among its neighbors.
By Stephan Rabimov, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 16 Dec 2017 13:28:00 -0500.
- Quick Hit: Traveler Guitar LTD EC-1
If you’re burned out on TSA hassles or have even given up on traveling with a guitar, here’s a way to fret more and fret less at the same time.
Premier Guitar. Mon, 11 Dec 2017 13:35:00 -0500.
- 2018 Kia Niro Plug-in Detailed, Can Travel 26 Miles in EV Mode
The 2018 Kia Niro Plug-in has been detailed at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show, and it comes packing more features, a more powerful electric motor, and larger battery that will allow it to travel up to 26 miles in EV mode. ...
Stefan Ogbac. Motor Trend. Thu, 30 Nov 2017 17:35:13 +0000.
- Standing Up for the Great Lakes – and Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary
In June, the three buddies from Michigan undertook an epic paddleboarding expedition, traveling almost 90 miles across Lake Huron to raise awareness and money for Great Lakes protection and Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary. ...
NOAA. Tue, 08 Aug 2017 09:12:00 -0400.
- Vacation Shaming On The Rise: Alamo Rent A Car's Annual Study Reveals Guilt Among Vacationing Millennials
ST. LOUIS, March 10, 2017 -- Getting away from it all offers travelers a wide array of benefits – from recharging to reconnecting with family and friends, and encountering new people, places and experiences. ...
PR Newswire. Fri, 10 Mar 2017 09:00:00 EST.
- Turkey Hopes Discounts, Fuel Subsidies Can Reverse Tourism Plunge
Turkey expressed hopes on Friday for a revival of its tourism industry after security concerns caused a 30 percent drop in foreign visitors and revenues last year. "We are seeing some very positive signals. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 09 Mar 2017 18:14:10 -0500.
Copyright © 2008-2017 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
Travel News Articles