The world is a diverse and exciting place to explore and taking the time
to travel provides a welcome change from our everyday lives. News
articles about places of interest can spark enthusiasm for new
and provide needed guidance when planning a trip.
Travel news can provide inspiration, planning help, and a variety of
travel mode, accommodation, and destination options for a getaway.
Technology has made it easier than ever to access relevant information,
advisories, and trip guides.
Browse the headlines below to find the latest travel-related news
from around the world.
- Mother, 20, reveals how she has taken her baby on the road for months
A single mother-of-one has decided to pack up her life and take her baby on the road with her for months, travelling up Australia's east coast in a camper trailer.
Daily Mail. Sun, 15 Jul 2018 01:35:25 +0100.
- Dominica's Kalinago fight to preserve their identity
Gemma Handy travels to Kalinago Territory to meet some of the Eastern Caribbean's last indigenous people.
BBC News. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 23:18:44 GMT.
- Water brings joy and heartbreak to outback Australia
When the ancient Cooper Creek in Central Australia flows it attracts tourists and wildlife from across the country to a changing desert landscape. This year's flow also helped save the outback town of Innamincka from disaster.
Patrick Martin and Gary-jon Lysaght. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Sun, 15 Jul 2018 09:05:05 +1000.
- On a Path to Expand the View of Blackness
Two students at Yale are traveling the nation to collect stories of African-Americans
Vivian Wang. New York Times. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 16:00:00 GMT.
- The Best Cash Back Cards Available In 2018
While I love points and travel rewards, some people simply believe that cash is king and would prefer a few extra dollars in their bank accounts over free flights. Here are the top cash back cards for 2018.
By The Points Guy, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 09:00:00 -0400.
- LOC chairman Dvorkovich says FIFA World Cup promoting tourism in Russia
He said that the infrastructure would also provide for the grounds where kids will be training
Tass. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 12:44:10 +0300.
- Uzbekistan launches system for registering and issuing electronic entry visas
Uzbekistan, starting from 15 July 2018, launches a system for registering and issuing electronic entry visas for stay in the country for tourist purposes - e-visa.gov.uz.
Uzbekistan Daily. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 12:20:48 +0500.
- Arizona floods force hundreds of tourists to evacuate, reschedule trip to famous tribal land
Flash floods near the Grand Canyon this week turned towering blue-green waterfalls into chocolate-colored mud, as hundreds of tourists planning to see a remote Indian reservation were forced to evacuate.
Amy Lieu. Fox News. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 06:15:00 GMT.
- WATCH: Severe storm threat in Midwest as monsoon rains drench Southwest
Flooding forced about 200 tourists to be evacuated from the Havasu Falls area of the Grand Canyon.
ABC News. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 21:07:19 -0400.
- Trump motorcade travels through Maybole in Ayrshire
The US Presidential motorcade causes a stir after his arrival at Prestwick Airport.
BBC News. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 21:47:04 GMT.
- Asiatravel.com, subsidiaries may get suspended by STB
Travel agent Asiatravel.com and its subsidiaries, AT Reservation Network, AT Express and S.H. ...
Straits Times. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 05:00:00 +0800.
- Space Tourist Flights Could Start in 2019 With Up to 4 Companies
Space tourist flights may begin in 2019 as two companies say they are months away from making a schedule and others ponder options and pricing--though none has set a firm date yet.
Newsmax. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:32:51 EDT.
- Eight black rhinos die in Kenya during relocation between parks
Eight black rhinos have died in Kenya while being transported by the state wildlife service between two national parks, Tourism Minister Najib Balala said on Friday in a statement.
Reuters. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 09:34:32 -0400.
- Whole genome sequencing reveals cluster of resistant bacteria in returning travelers
Thirteen patients with OXA-48-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae ST392 have been reported by Sweden and Norway between January and April 2018 -- all returning travelers with prior hospital admission in Gran Canaria. ...
Science Daily. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 17:21:58 EDT.
- European Travel Commission Reports Growth Momentum Towards the Peak Travel Season
European destinations have paved the way for an encouraging summer season with a third of reporting destinations enjoying double-digit expansion to date. ...
Travel Industry Wire. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 11:53:15 EST.
- Miami street artist with no arms accused of stabbing tourist with scissors using his feet
Artist Jonathan Crenshaw claims that he was acting in self-defence
Chris Riotta. The Independent. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 15:14:00 +0000.
- 'Medieval' -- Activists Slam Russian Zoo
Animal rights activists say a traveling zoo is "like something out of medieval times" and are demanding Russia tighten laws on animal cruelty.
Radio Liberty. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 15:01:00 +0000.
- Armless man charged with stabbing tourist
A homeless beach artist with no arms has been charged with stabbing a tourist in Florida.
Sky News. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 15:45:00 +0100.
- The things you need to know about Paris Metro tickets (before they go)
Paris will soon ditch those traditional lovable/annoying little card Metro tickets in favour of modern travel cards, so here are few things worth knowing about them before they disappear.
The Local. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 12:06:04 +0200.
- This Towering Iceberg That Broke Free of Antarctica Last Year Doesn't Want to Leave
An entire year has passed since a Delaware-size iceberg broke away, in dramatic fashion, from the Larsen C Ice Shelf in Antarctica. But it hasn't traveled far.
Live Science. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 01:59:00 EDT.