The world is a diverse and exciting place to explore and taking the time
to travel provides a welcome change from our everyday lives. News
articles about places of interest can spark enthusiasm for new
and provide needed guidance when planning a trip.
Travel news can provide inspiration, planning help, and a variety of
travel mode, accommodation, and destination options for a getaway.
Technology has made it easier than ever to access relevant information,
advisories, and trip guides.
Browse the headlines below to find the latest travel-related news
from around the world.
- Trump says 'we'll know next week' about Kim summit
US President Donald Trump said Wednesday the fate of a landmark summit with North Korea's Kim Jong Un will be decided "next week," as aides traveled ...
Daily Mail. Wed, 23 May 2018 18:41:41 +0100.
- How Do We Know The Universe Is Infinite?
Is the universe infinite or do we say that because we have not traveled to or seen its walls yet? This question was originally answered on Quora by Viktor T. Toth.
By Quora, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 23 May 2018 13:40:00 -0400.
- Mobiliti Vehicle Subscription Service Launches Just In Time For Summer Travel
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y., May 23, 2018 -- As local residents plan for summer travel, a new transportation option is available through Mobiliti, the first multi-dealer, multi-brand, national vehicle subscription service. ...
PR Newswire. Wed, 23 May 2018 13:24:00 EDT.
- Dads traveling with new baby on plane hand out apology notes and goody bags
Complete with snacks and earplugs.
Michelle Gant. Fox News. Wed, 23 May 2018 17:15:00 GMT.
- US airlines expect record number of summer travelers
Planes will be packed as Americans head out on summer vacations this year. Airlines for America, a trade group that represents most major U.S. ...
The Associated Press. Washington Times. Wed, 23 May 2018 13:09:51 -0400.
- Airlines for America Projects Summer 2018 Air Travel to Rise 3.7 Percent to All-Time High
Airlines for America (A4A), the industry trade organization for the leading U.S. airlines, announced today it expects a record 246.1 million passengers - an average of 2.68 million per day - to travel on U.S. ...
Travel Industry Wire. Wed, 23 May 2018 11:57:09 EST.
- Living In: Brooklyn Heights: 19th-Century Streets and 21st-Century Changes
With the development of Brooklyn Bridge Park and new luxury housing, Brooklyn Heights is drawing international tourists and ever-more-affluent buyers.
Jan Benzel. New York Times. Wed, 23 May 2018 16:52:10 GMT.
- Nissan parents to benefit from Milk Stork partnership
The automaker is offering a shipping benefit for employees working and traveling in North America with Milk Stork, the only breast milk shipping company in the United States.
AutoNews.com. Wed, 23 May 2018 11:40:34 EST. Subscription required.
- Wayne Rooney: Everton forward to meet MLS side DC United this week
Everton forward Wayne Rooney is to travel to Washington DC this week to meet Major League Soccer side DC United.
BBC News. Wed, 23 May 2018 16:02:46 GMT.
- Two children missing after boarding train in Ayrshire
A young boy and girl who live in residential accommodation in Ayrshire may have travelled to Manchester.
BBC News. Wed, 23 May 2018 15:10:00 GMT.
- Rwanda Signs Tourism Sponsorship Deal with Arsenal
Rwanda has signed a sponsorship and tourism promotion deal with the English soccer club Arsenal, establishing a commercial bond with President Paul Kagame's favorite team, the Rwanda government said Wednesday. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 23 May 2018 10:41:22 -0400.
- Travel to Southern France for a Dazzling Taste of Ancient Rome
A new museum in Nimes pays tribute to the grandeur of the Empire
Smithsonian. Wed, 23 May 2018 14:00:00 +0000.
- WATCH: 'Start Here' podcast: Traveling to the test site
North Korea says it's going to tear down its big nuclear site. ABC News' Brad Mielke spoke to a journalist who's going to see it with his own eyes.
ABC News. Wed, 23 May 2018 09:36:33 -0400.
- Top Stories: Primary Results Analyzed; Baptist Seminary Leader Removed
Also: American novelist Philip Roth dies; President Trump will travel to New York to discuss combating gangs; and thousands of unionized casino workers in Las Vegas authorize a potential strike.
Korva Coleman. NPR. Wed, 23 May 2018 08:18:42 -0400.
- Are You Spending Too Much Marketing Your Travel Brand?
HolidayPirates, a German company started out of a single travel blog, has grown to the stage of having more than 30 million Facebook fans and 20 million visits per month through the power of social media alone. ...
Hsyndicate. Wed, 23 May 2018 10:58:40 +0200.
- Woman Who Forced Pakistani Daughter Into Marriage Convicted In England
A mother who tricked her teenage daughter into travelling to Pakistan to marry an older man has become the first person in England to be convicted of forced marriage.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 23 May 2018 05:52:50 +0000.
- Report: 452 From Migrant Caravan Made It Into US
Among those in the caravan that traveled from Central America to enter the United States, more than 450 people from actually made it into the country, according to The Washington Times on Tuesday.
Newsmax. Tue, 22 May 2018 22:50:24 EDT.
- Runway crash: They all got away from this
A private jet travelling from Austin, Texas, crashed off the end of the runway of the Honduran capital's international airport and broke in half, but the crew and passengers were rescued and reportedly out of danger.Video ...
New Zealand Herald. Wed, 23 May 2018 12:48:35 +1200.
- Mother who tricked teenage daughter into marrying older man found guilty in landmark British trial
LONDON (REUTERS) - A mother who tricked her teenage daughter into travelling to Pakistan to marry an older man has become the first person in England to be convicted of forced marriage.
Straits Times. Wed, 23 May 2018 07:57:06 +0800.
- Survivors of Quebec mass shootings plead for ban on assault weapons
The president of the Quebec City mosque where six men were fatally shot in January 2017 travelled to Ottawa Tuesday, to call for a prohibition on weapons like those carried by killer Alexandre Bissonnette.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Tue, 22 May 2018 18:43:16 EDT.