- Body of another miner recovered in Siirt mine disaster
The body of another miner was recovered on Dec. 10 after a mine collapse in the Şirvan district of Turkey’s southeastern province of Siirt on Nov. 17, Doğan News Agency has reported
Hurriyet. Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:33:00 +0200.
- Turkey drops case against Israeli officers in Gaza flotilla killings
Turkey drops case against Israeli officers charged over deadly raid on a Gaza-bound aid ship.
BBC News. Fri, 09 Dec 2016 18:34:14 GMT.
- Africa: Africa to Standing Rock - 'It Happened to Us Too. It Is Happening to Us Too.'
[African Arguments] In the water protectors' struggle, there are whispers of Saro-Wiwa, Biko and Sankara.
All Africa. Fri, 09 Dec 2016 16:02:22 GMT.
- Turkey Plans Referendum On Stronger Presidency As Postcoup Crackdown Continues
The Turkish government is planning a referendum next spring on amending the constitution to bolster the powers of the president.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 09 Dec 2016 12:38:56 +0000.
- Greek Court Denies Extradition Request for Turkish Soldiers
A Greek court has rejected an extradition request from Turkey for two Turkish soldiers accused by Ankara of involvement in July's failed coup. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 08 Dec 2016 11:15:29 -0500.
- Refugees in Crisis : The Death Strip at the Turkish-Syrian Border
Assad and Russia are destroying Aleppo and tens of thousands of Syrians have left the city as they search for safety. But under pressure from Europe, Turkey has sealed off its border to Syria. Those who try to cross often don't survive.
Spiegel Online. Wed, 07 Dec 2016 10:50:43 +0100.
- Amnesty urges compensation for Turkey's displaced Kurds
Amnesty International urges Turkey to compensate people who fled fighting in Kurdish-majority Diyarbakir.
BBC News. Tue, 06 Dec 2016 18:16:48 GMT.
- Greek Court OKs Extradition of 3 Turkish Soldiers Accused in Coup Attempt
A Greek court on Tuesday ruled in favor of the extradition of three Turkish soldiers accused by Ankara of involvement in July's failed coup. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 06 Dec 2016 12:37:34 -0500.
- Russia Closing In On 'Alt-Ukraine' Pipeline In Turkey
The alternative Russian gas route to Europe will bypass Ukraine and deliver Gazprom gas to the E.U. via Turkey. Deal almost done.
By Kenneth Rapoza, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 6 Dec 2016 11:25:00 -0500.
- 'He always said he was going to kill her': Turkish laws protecting women are often ignored
There is no shortage of laws protecting women in Turkey, activists say. But amid horrifying violence against women, the problem is getting lawyers and judges to apply them.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Tue, 6 Dec 2016 10:32:01 EST.
Facts About Turkey
The Republic of Turkey lies partly in Europe and partly in Asia.
Its capital city is Ankara, and its largest city is Istanbul.
Turkey's currency is the Turkish Lira.
In 2007, Turkey's estimated population was 71,159,000, and Turkish is
the primary language used in Turkey.
For more news and information about Turkey, visit this official
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Turkey