- You CAN eat nuts on a diet - but only if they are consumed whole
A study carried out by King's College London found that fat stays trapped within an almond's structure during digestion and is not absorbed, but only if it is eaten whole and not as a flour.
Daily Mail. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 20:12:21 +0000.
- Vodafone 'to ditch PwC amid Phones 4U row'
Vodafone is poised to start a scramble for one of corporate Britain's most lucrative audit contracts as it prepares to ditch PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) amid an ongoing legal row over the collapse of Phones 4U, the high street retailer.
Sky News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 18:21:00 +0000.
- Tottenham fan fined and banned for throwing banana skin at Arsenal
The Tottenham fan who threw a banana skin during the north London derby at Arsenal is fined and banned from football for four years.
BBC News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:42:40 GMT.
- Radical New Treatment Developed for Prostate Cancer
Scientists at King's College in London have come up with a new treatment researchers say could be a "game changer" for the thousands of men who have advanced prostate cancer.
Newsmax. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 10:26:41 EDT.
- Explainer: Brexit basics - What is Brexit and why does it matter?
The United Kingdom is due to leave the European Union on March 29, 2019. The date is set in law - the 2018 Withdrawal Act - but the divorce has been plunged into chaos.
Reuters. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 08:57:51 -0500.
- Lady Gaga and A Star is Born snubbed by London critics
There'll be no love for the singer's A Star is Born remake at the London Critics' Circle film awards.
BBC News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 13:55:28 GMT.
- Brexit: Dutch PM warns his voters against emulating 'chaos' of Britain's departure from EU
'Look at Great Britain. The politicians and residents have forgotten what they achieved together. Now they are in chaos.'
Lizzy Buchan. The Independent. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 13:23:00 +0000.
- Osman Opens Up Shop In Covent Garden London
Osman on his new boutique in London's Covent Garden.
By Felicity Carter, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 08:08:00 -0500.
- Russian embassy in London says its website was hacked on December 17
According to preliminary estimates, the attack most probably originated from the United Kingdom
Tass. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:58:26 +0300.
- Competition launched to find Britain's best classic Toyota
Toyota GB is holding a competition at the Vintage Sports-Car Club's Pomeroy Trophy next February to find out who has the best classic Toyota in Britain
Yahoo. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 06:54:53 -0500.
- Switzerland and Britain reach post-Brexit aviation deal
Switzerland and Britain signed an agreement on Monday guaranteeing that flights between the two countries can continue uninterrupted even if London opts to leave the European Union without a deal with Brussels.
The Local. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 20:00:29 +0100.
- Drunk driver who killed mother and daughter on 401 sentenced to 8 years
The impaired driver convicted of killing London's Sarah Payne, 42 and her five-year-old daughter Freya on the 401 has been sentenced to eight years in prison. A judge handed down the decision Monday in a St. ...
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 13:30:12 EST.
- UK PM Theresa May says Brexit vote to be held week of Jan 14
Theresa May said on Monday she would bring her Brexit deal back to parliament for a mid-January vote, pledging to get assurances from the European Union before then to break a deadlock over Britain's fraught efforts to quit the bloc.
France 24. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 17:01:29 GMT.
- Father loses appeal over IVF conception of daughter using forged signature
A father whose ex-partner forged his signature to conceive a daughter has lost a Court of Appeal damages action against a London IVF clinic.
Irish Independent. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 16:26:12 +0000.
- Fashion SVP tie-up to support sustainable sourcing
The London-based apparel sourcing show Fashion SVP is collaborating with Common Objective (CO) - an online business network that connects brands with ethical suppliers, buyers and experts - ahead of its next event in the new year.
Just Style. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 12:16:00 GMT.
- UK student loan changes to add billions to budget deficit
LONDON (AP) - Britain's Office of National Statistics says it is changing the way it accounts for student loans in a decision that will add 12 billion pounds ($15 billion) to the country's budget deficit. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 07:04:53 -0500.
- May says 2nd Brexit referendum would violate public trust
LONDON (AP) - Prime Minister Theresa May was set to condemn growing calls for a second referendum on Britain's departure from the European Union on Monday, saying it would do irreparable damage to trust in democracy. ...
Jill Lawless and Danica Kirka. Washington Times. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 04:01:28 -0500.
- Meghan Markle's father asks Queen Elizabeth to get his daughter back in touch
LONDON (REUTERS) - Ms Meghan Markle's father said on Monday (Dec 17) that he hoped Queen Elizabeth would intercede to end his estrangement from his daughter, the wife of Britain's Prince Harry.
Straits Times. Mon, 17 Dec 2018 16:10:10 +0800.
- Brexit pressure rises, but UK government says no to second vote
Britain's government is not preparing for a second referendum on Brexit, ministers said on Sunday, sticking to the script that Prime Minister Theresa May's deal could still pass through parliament with a few changes. ...
Voice of America. Sun, 16 Dec 2018 09:24:56 -0500.
- Visitors evacuated, animals moved after fire at British zoo
A fire broke out Saturday in an enclosure at one of Britain's largest zoos, forcing keepers to evacuate visitors and move animals away from the flames.
Fox News. Sat, 15 Dec 2018 17:05:51 GMT.
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is an island
nation in western Europe, comprising England, Scotland, Wales, and
Northern Ireland. Its capital city is London. The UK's
national currency is the Pound Sterling.
English is the primary language used in the UK, although Gaelic and Welsh
are spoken by minorities. In 2007, the United Kingdom's estimated
population was 60,776,000.
For more news and information about the United Kingdom, visit the official
website. For detailed maps of the United Kingdom, visit this
UK map website.