Many people rely on a daily weather forecast to help them plan their
day. Often, an accurate weather forecast is crucial for traveling,
event planning, or for those who are pilots, boaters, or outdoor
workers. In addition to short term forecasts, weather news also
provides a bigger picture of changing climate conditions and issues like
erosion, flooding, hurricanes, tornados, and other natural
disasters. Technology has made accessing weather forecasts,
satellite and radar images, and regional travel advisories easier than
Browse the headlines below to find the latest information on
current weather news and events from around the globe.
|Click this weather map
thumbnail to display
a large weather map.
- National Weather Service
Weather news and information from the US Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- High risk of 'unprecedented' winter downpours - Met Office
A new analysis suggests there's a greater chance of the heavy rain that led to extensive flooding in 2014.
BBC News. Mon, 24 Jul 2017 09:05:51 GMT.
- This is not a Facebook Live of a rotating thunderstorm
Social media users question a Facebook Live video purporting to show a rotating thunderstorm.
BBC News. Thu, 20 Jul 2017 18:20:51 GMT.
- Taste Undeath—and Other Flavors—at Blizzard Entertainment’s Ice Cream Citadel During Comic-Con®
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--#IceCreamCitadel--Blizzard Entertainment opens ice cream shop at San Diego Comic-Con® in celebration of latest Hearthstone® expansion, Knights of the Frozen Throne™.
Business Wire. Mon, 17 Jul 2017 14:00:00 UTC.
- A Cinderella No More, China Biomass Leader Sees Growth At Home, Abroad
"I feel like this industry is starting to turn into a Snow White"
By Russell Flannery, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Sat, 17 Jun 2017 20:26:00 -0400.
- Wet weather forces NCAA Women’s Championship to lose one round of stroke play
Rain and thunderstorms forces the NCAA Women’s Golf Committee to reduce the stroke-play portion of the event from 72 to 54 holes.
Golf Digest. Sun, 21 May 2017 02:38:10 GMT.
- 2016 Honda HR-V EX Update 5: Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
California received record-setting rainfall this past winter. So much rain that it has virtually erased the driest period in California’s history. ...
Carol Ngo. Motor Trend. Wed, 10 May 2017 08:00:57 +0000.
- Not Spring Yet: Northeast US Braces for a Blizzard
Sunny days and T-shirt-wearing temperatures made it appear winter had made an early exit. ...
Voice of America. Sat, 11 Mar 2017 22:42:49 -0500.
- Talking Rain Beverage Company® Announces Executive Transition
PRESTON, Wash., March 10, 2017 -- Talking Rain Beverage Company®, the maker of Sparkling Ice®, today announced the departure of its President and CEO, Kevin Klock. ...
PR Newswire. Fri, 10 Mar 2017 17:00:00 EST.
- 2 dead and 600,000 homes without electricity after strong winds hit France
March 08, 2017 5:00 AMWinds gusting up to hurricane force battered west and central France on Monday, leaving two people dead and 600,000 homes without electricity, the authorities said. ...
Straits Times. Wed, 08 Mar 2017 05:00:00 +0800.
- Mexico must improve water governance, financing and regulation, says OECD Secretary General Angel Gurría
Mexico’s river basins are under severe water stress. The quality of rivers, lakes and aquifers is declining and floods, droughts, and hurricanes are more frequent. ...
OECD. Acquired Mon, 06 Mar 2017.
Copyright © 2008-2017 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.