- 'They want to cheat women': Afghans feel betrayed as Taliban continues to ban girls attending secondary school
At the end of three days of talks and speeches from Taliban leaders and Islamic Scholars at the Grand Council meeting in Kabul there was a sense of deflation and betrayal.
Sky News. Sat, 02 Jul 2022 19:02:00 +0100.
- Taliban calls for major gathering of scholars which could address Afghan school ban for girls
The meeting will be held in Kabul and could last three days
Borzou Daragahi. The Independent. Wed, 29 Jun 2022 12:34:30 GMT.
- Death toll continues to rise after earthquake in eastern Afghanistan
The quake struck early on Wednesday, Kabul time, about 44 kilometres from the city of Khost, near the Pakistani border.
Fazel Rahman Faiez. Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 22 Jun 2022 21:08:59 +1000.
- ISIS claims attack on Sikh temple in Kabul that killed two
It was another deadly incident in a spate of violence targeting minorities and places of worship.
Straits Times. Sun, 19 Jun 2022 09:05:11 +0800.
- Deadly attack on Sikh temple in Kabul leaves community in fear
Persecution and conflict has forced many Afghan Hindus and Sikhs to flee the country, seriously reducing their numbers.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 18 Jun 2022 17:12:36 +0000.
- Afghanistan Sikh temple attack in Kabul leaves at least 1 dead
A deadly explosion killed one person and left seven others wounded in Afghanistan's capital on Saturday. A grenade was first thrown near the gate of the worship temple causing a fire.
Fox News. Sat, 18 Jun 2022 16:44:12 GMT.
- Military Clears Crew of Plane That Took Flight as Afghans Fell to Their Deaths
Crowds of people had surged onto the runway at the airport in Kabul during the final days of the U.S. evacuation of Afghanistan.
Helene Cooper. New York Times. Tue, 14 Jun 2022 01:07:01 +0000.
- Pakistani Taliban militants announce indefinite ceasefire with Islamabad
The ceasefire comes after negotiations in Kabul brokered by the Afghan Taliban government.
BBC News. Fri, 03 Jun 2022 09:44:32 GMT.
- New report damns Foreign Office for Kabul evacuation with Afghan helpers now hunted by the Taliban
British allies in Afghanistan have been captured and tortured since the Taliban took control of the country last August - as a new report slammed the Foreign Office operation.
Daily Mail. Fri, 27 May 2022 00:51:05 +0100.
- Afghanistan: Policing faces, bodies and beards on Kabul streets
The BBC goes on patrol with the Taliban's "moral police", whose job it is to enforce hard-line rule.
BBC News. Sat, 21 May 2022 23:03:10 GMT.
- Explosion rocks currency exchange in Kabul - TOLOnews
There are several women among the victims
Tass. Sun, 03 Apr 2022 09:56:29 +0300.
- Lombard man abducted in Afghanistan appears in newly posted video; family calls on Biden for help
The video of Mark Frerichs marks the first time that the Navy veteran and civilian contractor has been seen by the public since his abduction in Kabul on Jan. 31, 2020.
Ap. ABC News. Fri, 01 Apr 2022 21:58:02 +0000.
Facts About Afghanistan
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is a landlocked, mountainous country
which is located in south central Asia. Its capital city is Kabul,
and its national currency is the Afghani.
In 2020, Afghanistan's estimated population was 38,928,346, and the
primary languages used in Afghanistan are Dari and Pashto.
For more news and information about Afghanistan, visit this official
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Afghanistan