- US drone strike in Kabul DID kill aid worker and nine members of his family, defense official says
A defense official has revealed the August 29 drone strike on an ISIS-K operative actually killed an aid worker and 9 members of his family, including 7 children, CBS reports.
Daily Mail. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 01:57:23 GMT.
- Pregnant California woman beaten by Taliban has left Afghanistan, Rep. Issa says
A pregnant California woman who was left behind in Afghanistan has safely escaped from the country, a Republican congressman said Friday.
Dom Calicchio. Fox News. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 01:43:35 GMT.
- US admits Kabul drone strike killed 10 civilians
The government initially claimed the strike stopped an imminent Isis-K threat
Josh Marcus. The Independent. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 00:04:34 GMT.
- Afghanistan: The escape of the whirling dancer
How the only female whirling dancer in Afghanistan made it out of Kabul.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 23:07:09 GMT.
- Fall of Afghanistan: US admits drone strike in Kabul only killed civilians
The US has retreated from its defence of a drone strike that killed multiple civilians in Afghanistan last month, announcing Friday (local time) that a review revealed that only civilians were killed in the attack, not an ISIS ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 11:00:00 +1200.
- G20 meeting on Afghanistan planned for September 22, say sources
According to one of the sources, the format of the meeting is being worked out
Tass. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 01:25:33 +0300.
- Afghanistan: US admits Kabul drone strike killed civilians
The strike, days before the US pullout, killed 10 members of a family, not militants, an inquiry finds.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 21:01:24 GMT.
- US says Kabul drone strike killed 10 civilians, including children
It apologises for what it says was "a tragic mistake".
Straits Times. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 04:00:26 +0800.
- Drone strike killed 10 civilians in Kabul, US acknowledges
Top US general offers apology and says it is 'unlikely' that those killed in Afghanistan were associated with ISKP.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 19:20:10 +0000.
- 'Tragic mistake': Pentagon apologises for Kabul drone strike that killed 10 civilians, including up to 7 children
The Pentagon has admitted a drone strike in Kabul that killed 10 civilians, including up to seven children, was a "tragic mistake".
Sky News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 20:07:00 +0100.
- A Third Betrayal: Many of Germany's Local Hires Are Still Waiting To Be Rescued from Afghanistan
Germany pledged it would continue rescuing former local hires from Afghanistan, even after the airlift from Kabul ended. Yet despite the grave danger they are in, Berlin is failing to help them.
Spiegel Online. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 17:06:09 +0200.
- Struggle for Control of Afghanistan Comes to K Street
Ahmad Massoud, a leading figure in the resistance to Taliban rule, hired a lobbyist to seek military and financial support in the United States.
Kenneth P. Vogel. New York Times. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 02:39:18 +0000.
Facts About Afghanistan
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is a landlocked, mountainous country
which is located in south central Asia. Its capital city is Kabul,
and its national currency is the Afghani.
In 2020, Afghanistan's estimated population was 38,928,346, and the
primary languages used in Afghanistan are Dari and Pashto.
For more news and information about Afghanistan, visit this official
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Afghanistan