- Coronavirus: The misinformation circulating in Africa about Covid-19
We examine claims of bribes and poison, a positive virus test that was not and anti-virus "badges".
BBC News. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 23:19:40 GMT.
- The golden moment that Tutankhamun's coffin was discovered
This extraordinary photograph of archaeologist Howard Carter slowly unveiling the Egyptian Pharaoh's coffin has never been seen in colour until now.
Daily Mail. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 23:04:25 GMT.
- Haftar proposed Libya ceasefire, says Egypt's el-Sisi
Egypt president calls on UN to invite Libya's rival administrations for talks after GNA's military advances.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 20:44:06 GMT.
- Breonna Taylor's death brings police killing of black women into focus
Several African American women have been killed by police across the country.
ABC News. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 15:42:23 -0400.
- France says its army killed al Qaeda North Africa chief Droukdel
France said on Friday its military forces had killed al Qaeda's North Africa chief Abdelmalek Droukdel, a key Islamist fighter that its forces had been hunting for more than seven years, during an operation in Mali.
Reuters. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 14:38:42 -0400.
- Egyptian father 'used coronavirus lie' to trick daughters into FGM
Girls were given drug that knocked them out, public prosecutor's office says
Zoe Tidman. The Independent. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 15:47:28 GMT.
- Al-Qaeda chief in north Africa Abdelmalek Droukdel killed - France
Veteran jihadist Abdelmalek Droukdel was killed in an operation in Mali, the defence minister says.
Yahoo. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 04:44:26 -0400.
- France says its army killed al-Qaeda North Africa chief
Abdelmalek Droukdel was a key Islamist fighter that France had been hunting for more than seven years.
Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 17:08:16 +1000.
- Minority Workers Who Lagged in a Boom Are Hit Hard in a Bust
African-Americans and Latinos are especially vulnerable to job losses in the pandemic and at a disadvantage in getting government support.
Patricia Cohen and Ben Casselman. New York Times. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 07:00:14 +0000.
- Biden: Trump 'despicable' for invoking George Floyd
Mr Trump said the slain African American man was "looking down" and "saying this is a great day".
BBC News. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 03:48:23 GMT.
- Trump nominee to be Air Force chief of staff says he navigates 'two worlds' as an African American man
Gen. Charles Brown, commander of Pacific Air Forces and President Trump's nominee to be the next Air Force chief of staff, said in a video released Friday that he navigates "two worlds" as an African American and that ...
Kaelan Deese. The Hill. Fri, 05 Jun 2020 17:50:12 +0000.
- Nationwide Protests Over Death of African American Man Continue
The first of six scheduled memorial services for George Floyd was held in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Voice of America. Fri, 05 Jun 2020 05:26:48 -0400.
- Covid-19 coronavirus: Kenyan boy, 9, wins national award for hand-washing machine invention
A 9-year-old boy in Kenya has won a national award for his invention: a wooden hand-washing machine to help stop the spread of Covid-19 in communities.Stephen Wamukota told the BBC he only has two machines but wants to make ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 04 Jun 2020 13:44:18 +1200.
- Russian, Egyptian foreign ministers discuss Libya crisis, Israeli-Palestinian conflict
The two top diplomats touched on the Egyptian-Ethiopian relations concerning the Grand Renaissance Hydroelectric Project on the Blue Nile River
Tass. Wed, 03 Jun 2020 20:28:00 +0300.
- Syndrome linked to COVID-19 seems more common among children of African ancestry
An inflammatory syndrome in children and adolescents, believed to be linked to covid-19, seems to be more common among children of African ancestry, finds a small study from a hospital in Paris.
Science Daily. Wed, 03 Jun 2020 11:02:42 EDT.
- Ferguson Elects First Black And Woman Mayor In Its History
Ella Jones is both the first African-American and woman to be elected the mayor of the Missouri city.
By Isabel Togoh, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Wed, 03 Jun 2020 07:28:02 -0400.
- After Crushing Anti-Government Rallies At Home, Iran Expresses Support For U.S. Protesters
Despite its own recent record of shooting protesters, Iran hits back at the U.S. government over the outbreak of racial protests after the horrific killing of an African-American man during an arrest.
Radio Liberty. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 17:54:35 +0000.
- Trump Vows End to US Violence; Biden Says Country Needs 'Leadership'
Contrasting messages come following week of nationwide at times violent protests over the death of African American George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody.
Voice of America. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 13:38:23 -0400.
- Nigerian woman brutally raped, murdered inside church while studying: reports
The crime has sparked outrage and horror across the African nation, as hundreds demand justice.
Lucia Suarez Sang. Fox News. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 17:34:20 GMT.
- Congo hit by second Ebola outbreak as country faces coronavirus and measles crises
A second Ebola outbreak has hit Congo as the country struggles to cope with coronavirus and the world's largest measles outbreak, health officials have announced.
Sky News. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 22:46:00 +0100.