- Lions' tour of South Africa won't budge despite rescheduled Olympics
The first British and Irish Lions Test against South Africa will take place the day after the rescheduled Tokyo Olympics begin next July.
Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 07:18:30 +1100.
- Zimbabwe launches 21-day nationwide lockdown
So far, the country has recorded seven coronavirus cases and one death.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 17:42:00 GMT.
- Eliud Kipchoge's self-isolation diary: 'It's really hard to train alone'
The Kenyan marathon champion is trying to stay fit while self-isolating.
BBC News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 16:08:46 GMT.
- Splashtop Names Alexander Draaijer General Manager of Europe, Middle East, and Africa
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 30, 2020 -- Splashtop Inc., the worldwide leader in remote access, collaboration, and remote support solutions, has appointed Alexander Draaijer as its General Manager of EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa). ...
PR Newswire. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:00:00 +0000.
- If Coronavirus Hits Libyan Detention Centers It Would be a 'Massacre'
Thousands of African migrants are held in overcrowded facilities in Libya where diseases spread rapidly.
Voice of America. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 04:19:29 -0400.
- Coronavirus in Africa: How to do social distancing at work
As Covid-19 infections rise across Africa, here are some tips on how and why to social distance.
BBC News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 07:19:58 GMT.
- Kenya Poet: 'Dear Corona Virus. Don't Be Surprised If You Fail.'
Samuel Mang'era admits he is afraid of the virus, but he writes open letters to it without fear and with both sorrow and humor.
Eyder Peralta. NPR. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 07:00:59 -0400.
- Police in South Africa fire RUBBER BULLETS at hundreds of shoppers
Police arrived in 10 patrol vehicles and started firing rubber bullets towards the shoppers outside a popular grocery store in Yeoville, Johannesburg, on Saturday, eye-witnesses said.
Daily Mail. Sat, 28 Mar 2020 21:45:41 GMT.
- UN Chief: World Must Work Cooperatively Against Coronavirus
Antonio Guterres says he is 'extremely worried' if the virus got a foothold in Africa.
Voice of America. Sat, 28 Mar 2020 07:22:55 -0400.
- South Africans ignore stay-at-home order imposed to tackle coronavirus
Thousands of South Africans have been ignoring the stay-at-home lockdown instructions imposed overnight by the government designed to stop the spread of coronavirus.
Paul Tilsley. Fox News. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 15:58:17 GMT.
- Running Back Kenyan Drake Signs One-Year Tender With Arizona Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals bring back their leading rusher on a one-year, $8.4 million tender. Is this upcoming season his breakout year?
By Omar Soussi, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 13:00:00 +0000.
- Amid COVID-19 Closures, Egypt Sanitizes the Giza Pyramids
The country has shut down its museums and archaeological sites in an effort to slow the spread of coronavirus
Smithsonian. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 13:00:00 +0000.
- COVID-19 webinar summary: 5 key points on the Middle East and Africa (25 March)
As the impact of COVID-19 continues to affect hotel performance across the globe, the Middle East and Africa are no exception. ...
Hsyndicate. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:03:23 +0200.
- FROM THE FIELD: Threatened Brazilian activist fights for slavery descendants' rights
A Brazilian activist who regularly receives threats of violence says he will continue fighting for the right of people of African descent to access land and property in the city of Rio de Janeiro.
UN News Centre. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 11:34:41 -0400.
- Medical workers in Zimbabwe strike over lack of protective gear
Zimbabwe's public hospital doctors and nurses went on strike Wednesday over a lack of protective gear as the coronavirus begins to spread in a country whose health system has almost collapsed.
CBC News. Wed, 25 Mar 2020 15:24:40 EDT.
- Fossil finds give clues about flying reptiles in the Sahara 100 million years ago
Three new species of toothed pterosaurs -- flying reptiles of the Cretaceous period, some 100 million years ago -- have been identified in Africa.
Science Daily. Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:08:57 EDT.
- Business fallout: Nissan factories to shut in Africa, India
The spread of the coronavirus that emerged in China in December has dealt an unprecedented shock to the global economy. Here is a look at developments Wednesday: AUTO IMPACT: Japanese automaker Nissan Motor Co. ...
The Associated Press. Washington Times. Wed, 25 Mar 2020 00:26:48 -0400.
- Ford Suspends Production at IMG Sites on Coronavirus Scare
Ford (F) temporarily suspends vehicle and engine production at its manufacturing sites in India, Vietnam, Thailand and South Africa amid coronavirus concerns.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 24 Mar 2020 13:47:00 GMT.
- South Africa's cases leap again as 3-week lockdown looms
JOHANNESBURG (AP) - South Africa's coronavirus cases leapt again to 554 on Tuesday, the most of any country in Africa, as its 57 million people rushed to prepare for an unprecedented lockdown that begins Thursday. ...
Mogomotsi Magome. Washington Times. Tue, 24 Mar 2020 05:39:38 -0400.
- New York Starting Coronovirus Drug Trials
"There is a theory that because they are taking this antimalarial drug in Africa, it may actually be one of the reasons why the infection rate is low in Africa," Gov. Andrew Cuomo said.
Newsmax. Mon, 23 Mar 2020 17:46:12 EDT.