- England tour of South Africa in November to go ahead
England's white-ball tour of South Africa, starting next month, will go ahead after being given the green light by the South African government.
BBC News. Wed, 21 Oct 2020 15:34:20 GMT.
- Passengers chant 'Off off off!' after British lawyer argues with EasyJet crew over face masks
Louis Stead, 31, was recorded arguing with EasyJet cabin crew on his return flight from Hurghada, Egypt, last month before his fellow passengers chanted for him to be escorted off.
Daily Mail. Wed, 21 Oct 2020 14:07:33 +0100.
- British and Irish Lions v Japan: Tour warm-up to be played at Murrayfield
The British and Irish Lions will play Japan at Murrayfield on Saturday 26 June as a warm-up for their three-Test tour of South Africa.
BBC News. Wed, 21 Oct 2020 07:00:20 GMT.
- Light pollution may increase biting behavior at night in Aedes aegypti mosquitoes
Artificial light abnormally increases mosquito biting behavior at night in a species that typically prefers to bite people during the day, according to new research.
Science Daily. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 16:12:02 EDT.
- Top Marine general removed after being investigated over use of a racial slur
The U.S. Marine Corps general in charge of Marines in Europe and Africa has been relieved of command for the alleged use of a racial slur, according to a U.S. official.
ABC News. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 15:21:32 -0400.
- Victims of Terror Attacks Reject US Deal to Delist Sudan
Attorney Representing Victims of US Embassy Bombings in Kenya and Tanzania Rejects $335 Million Deal to Remove Sudan from Terror List.
Voice of America. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 15:03:25 -0400.
- 1,300 Prisoners Escape From Congo Jail After an Attack Claimed by ISIS
Local officials blamed an Islamist militant group for the assault on the prison and a nearby military camp in the northeastern part of the country.
Mike Ives and Isabella Kwai. New York Times. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:08:14 +0000.
- Militants free 900 inmates and terrorists from DR Congo prison
According to the acting mayor of the town of Beni, out of more than 1,000 prisoners only 110 refused to leave the jail
Tass. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 13:10:51 +0300.
- Armed fighters free over 1,300 prisoners from DR Congo jail
Assault on Kangbayi central prison and military camp blamed on Ugandan armed group ADF by town's mayor.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 07:58:13 +0000.
- Kavango Basin Operations Update
VANCOUVER, BC, Oct. 20, 2020 /CNW/ - Reconnaissance Energy Africa, Ltd.
Yahoo. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 00:15:00 -0400.
- More than 80 ancient coffins found in Egypt that were buried over 2,500 years ago
Authorities say Egyptian archaeologists have unearthed another trove of ancient coffins in a vast necropolis south of Cairo
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Mon, 19 Oct 2020 16:17:38 GMT.
- Burlesque star believes Black Lives Matter is changing the arts
Zelia Rose, who had been due to tour internationally with Dita Von Teese, talks about the racism experienced by women of African heritage.
Garry Maddox. Sydney Morning Herald. Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:56:25 +1100.
- Tensions rise in South Africa as groups face off over farm killings
A tense standoff between white farmers and Black activists gripped the South African town of Senekal on Friday, as two men accused of killing a white farm manager were to appear in court.More than 100 police patrolled the area ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 17 Oct 2020 14:54:34 +1200.
- Kimberly Klacik reports $6.4M in fundraising after Trump shared her viral campaign video
Baltimore congressional candidate Kimberly Klacik reported $6.4 million in fundraising after President Trump shared her viral campaign video, which lambasted Democratic leadership in cities with large African American populations.
Sam Dorman. Fox News. Sat, 17 Oct 2020 02:10:04 GMT.
- Trump adviser claims Ice Cube working with administration on plan for Black America
Rapper Ice Cube faced blowback this week after a Trump campaign adviser claimed the singer was working with the administration on its platform for African Americans.Trump adviser Katrina Pierson ...
Jordan Williams. The Hill. Wed, 14 Oct 2020 22:16:37 +0000.
- Activists Who Tried To Take Colonialist-Era African Artifact From French Museum Hit With Fine
The defendants said they were trying to make a statement about the legacy of French colonialism.
By Carlie Porterfield, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Wed, 14 Oct 2020 16:40:02 -0400.
- Two New Species of Semi-Aquatic Mice Identified in East African Rainforests
Mice from the genus Colomys stand on kangaroo-like feet to wade in shallow water and use their whiskers to find prey
Smithsonian. Wed, 14 Oct 2020 18:12:48 +0000.
- Gal Gadot's Cleopatra film announcement sparks 'whitewashing' accusations
Gal Gadot's new film about ancient Egyptian ruler Cleopatra is already facing criticism before filming is even under way, with accusations of "whitewashing" the role.
Sky News. Wed, 14 Oct 2020 09:31:00 +0100.
- Egypt ratifies maritime deal with Greece
Egypt’s president Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi ratified today a maritime deal setting its Mediterranean Sea boundary with Greece and demarcating an exclusive economic zone for oil and gas drilling rights.
Ekathimerini. Sat, 10 Oct 2020 19:47:02 GMT.
- US Lawmakers: Democratic Institutions Backsliding in Sub-Saharan Africa
Several countries are retreating from core democratic principles, California Representative Karen Bass says.
Voice of America. Wed, 30 Sep 2020 19:54:37 -0400.