- Kenyans sue the British army over fire at wildlife sanctuary
Some 1,000 people are going to court after a fire destroyed 12,000 acres of land at a wildlife sanctuary.
BBC News. Mon, 26 Jul 2021 23:07:56 GMT.
- Is there a future for Africa's lions?
As lion populations decline across much of Africa, could community-led conservation help reverse this trend?
BBC News. Mon, 26 Jul 2021 23:00:22 GMT.
- White people have worst life expectancy than any other ethnic group
The life expectancy of white Britons in England and Wales was 83.1 years for women and 79.7 years for men, compared with 88.9 for black African women and 83.8 years for men.
Daily Mail. Mon, 26 Jul 2021 19:16:17 GMT.
- Meet The 25 African Founders Entering The Future Is Female PR Mentorship Program
The Future is Female PR Mentorship program is designed for female African tech entrepreneurs. This year 25 founders, representing 12 countries, were selected to learn PR fundamentals and communications skills.
By Meghan Mccormick, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 26 Jul 2021 08:00:00 -0400.
- Surviving Tokyo 2020 gets even harder
While South Africans channel their manpower into Mampoer.
Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 26 Jul 2021 21:00:00 +1000.
- No COVID cases among Russian team members at Tokyo Olympics - source
According to earlier reports, coronavirus cases were found among the delegations of the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Latvia, the Netherlands, the United States, South Africa, and the Czech Republic
Tass. Sun, 25 Jul 2021 17:56:02 +0300.
- 'The infrastructure can't cope': South African healthcare workers struggle to deal with third wave
Dr Angelique Coetzee is a GP in the South African capital Pretoria, where she has run a family clinic for the past 33 years.
Sky News. Sun, 25 Jul 2021 14:33:00 +0100.
- For Kenya, electoral reform is a matter of life and death
If Kenya does not fix its electoral system, it is heading for another cycle of violence in the upcoming 2022 elections.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 24 Jul 2021 12:49:58 +0000.
- Nigeria men aim for Africa's 1st Olympic basketball medal
In a surprising upset, Nigeria beat USA in an Olympics exhibition game.
ABC News. Fri, 23 Jul 2021 19:57:16 -0400.
- U.S. Military Strikes Shabab Fighters in Somalia
The Pentagon said it was defending allied Somali forces from afar in the latest drone attack against Shabab fighters.
Eric Schmitt. New York Times. Fri, 23 Jul 2021 22:19:00 +0000.
- Guinea reverses decision to pull out of Tokyo Olympics
The West African country of Guinea has reversed an earlier decision to pull out of the Olympics and will send a delegation of five athletes to the Tokyo Games.
Fox News. Thu, 22 Jul 2021 23:09:49 GMT.
- Pfizer (PFE) Inks Vaccine Deal, Faces FDA Delay on JAK Drugs
Pfizer (PFE) partners with Biovac for manufacturing and distributing its COVID-19 vaccine in African Union. The FDA delays decision on Pfizer's regulatory filings for JAK inhibitors.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 22 Jul 2021 14:06:00 GMT.
- South Africans deploy to Mozambique
The initial elements of the force that the Southern African Development Community (SADC) is deploying to Mozambique have begun arriving at Pemba, images that began ...
Janes 360. Thu, 22 Jul 2021 11:11:27 Z.
- National Trust Pledges $3 Million to Preserve Black History Sites Across the U.S.
A series of newly announced grants will support 40 African American landmarks and organizations
Smithsonian. Thu, 22 Jul 2021 10:30:00 +0000.
- Homeland Security extends immigration program for Somalia
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on Monday re-designated Somalia in the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) program, which allows some Somalis in the United States to work and live in the country.DHS ...
Rafael Bernal. The Hill. Mon, 19 Jul 2021 16:04:49 +0000.
- South Africa President to Rally Base as Riot Cleanup Goes On
Country was gripped by more than a week of chaos that claimed more than 200 lives as looters ransacked shopping centers and unidentified groups torched key industrial infrastructure and blocked trade routes.
Voice of America. Sun, 18 Jul 2021 06:50:45 -0400.
- Egypt releases activists amid US concerns over detentions
Officials and lawyers say Egypt has released two activists and a journalist after months in pre-trial detention
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Sun, 18 Jul 2021 10:48:48 GMT.
- South Africa riots over Zuma jailing pre-planned - Cyril Ramaphosa
- South Africa riots: Military rolls out 25,000 troops to quell unrest as death toll rises
In one of the largest deployments of soldiers since the end of white minority rule, 25,000 South African troops began taking up positions on Thursday (local time) to help quell week-long riots sparked by the imprisonment of ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 16 Jul 2021 06:48:57 +1200.
- National Spelling Bee Gets Its First African American Champion
Zaila Avant-garde, 14, is from Louisiana.
Voice of America. Thu, 08 Jul 2021 22:23:38 -0400.