- Prince Albert of Monaco appears in public without Princess Charlene
Prince Albert II of Monaco, pictured today at the start of the 60th Monte Carlo TV festival attended the launch without his wife Princess Charlene, 43, who has been in South Africa since March.
Daily Mail. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 19:17:49 GMT.
- African nations declare days of mourning to honour Kenneth Kaunda
Countries pay respects to Zambia's late founding father, revered for helping in the fight against colonialism.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 18:37:23 +0000.
- Boeing (BA) Wins $33M Deal to Rebuild Apache AH-64E Aircraft
Boeing's (BA) AH-64 Apache is deployed by militaries of nations, such as India, the U.K., Israel and Egypt, alongside the United States.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 13:46:00 GMT.
- Nic Dlamini is set to be first black South African at Tour de France
Nic Dlamini is set to be the first black South African to compete in cycling's Tour de France as he is named on Team Qhubeka Assos.
BBC News. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 13:14:18 GMT.
- Giant rhino fossils in China show new species was 'taller than giraffe'
The Paraceratherium linxiaense was taller than a giraffe and weighed as much as four large African elephants.
BBC News. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 04:08:43 GMT.
- US chocolate companies cannot be sued for child slavery used on farms they buy cocoa from, Supreme Court rules
Department of Labor funds report which finds that cocoa industry in West Africa exploits 1.6 million child labourers
Gustaf Kilander. The Independent. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 20:12:47 GMT.
- How to talk to your kids about Juneteenth
"Their resilience that they survived, all of that, celebrating the contributions that African Americans have made to the fabric of America," said Cooper.
Kgo. ABC News. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 15:29:12 +0000.
- Congress Approves Bill to Make Juneteenth a Federal Holiday
Juneteenth commemorates when the last enslaved African Americans learned they were free.
Voice of America. Wed, 16 Jun 2021 21:52:56 -0400.
- Africa's Covid patients 'dying from lack of oxygen'
- Zimbabwe Releases Local Reporter Working for The New York Times
The government said that it would not oppose bail for Jeffrey Moyo, a freelance journalist in the capital, Harare, adding that there was evidence to show he had believed he was acting legally.
John Eligon. New York Times. Wed, 16 Jun 2021 08:33:21 +0000.
- Hundreds flock to South African village in 'diamond rush' after discovery of unidentified stones
The discovery of unidentified stones in a village in South Africa has prompted hundreds of fortune seekers to travel there in the hope that they will find diamonds.
Sky News. Tue, 15 Jun 2021 10:58:00 +0100.
- UK, Zimbabwe Announce New COVID Lockdowns
US judge dismisses lawsuit against hospital requiring COVID vaccines for employees.
Voice of America. Mon, 14 Jun 2021 05:52:21 -0400.
- South Africa's Higgo wins Palmetto Championship at Congaree
Garrick Higgo won the Palmetto Championship at Congaree for his first PGA Tour victory Sunday when leader Chesson Hadley blew a two-shot lead with bogeys on his final three holes.
Fox News. Sun, 13 Jun 2021 22:26:57 GMT.
- Russian diplomat, UNRWA commissioner-general discuss urgent aid for Palestine
Overnight to May 21, after eleven days of missile strikes, the Egypt-brokered ceasefire in the Gaza Strip came into force
Tass. Thu, 10 Jun 2021 14:03:38 +0300.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: 'This is insane' - Africa desperately short of vaccine
In the global race to vaccinate people against Covid-19, Africa is tragically at the back of the pack.In fact, it has barely gotten out of the starting blocks.In South Africa, which has the continent's most robust economy ...
New Zealand Herald. Wed, 09 Jun 2021 20:10:45 +1200.
- American trade and investment relationships with Africa matter
“Trade, not aid.” Two key speakers promoted that slogan at a recent roundtable event hosted by the House Foreign Affairs Committee in honor of Africa Day, commemorating the launch of the Organisation of African Unity. Rep. ...
Anthony Kim and Terry Miller. Washington Times. Wed, 02 Jun 2021 16:22:49 -0400.
- WTTC Research Reveals Travel & Tourism Sector Contribution to Egypt's GDP Dropped by Nearly $18 Billion in 2020
COVID-19 sparks a 55% collapse in the sectors contribution to GDP - 844,000 jobs have been lost due to the collapse of Travel & Tourism.
Travel Industry Wire. 2021-06-02 14:37:51 EST.
- California launches slavery reparations task force
SAN FRANCISCO — A landmark California committee to study reparations for African Americans is meeting for the first time, launching a two-year process to address the harms of slavery and systemic racism. ...
Janie Har. Washington Times. Tue, 01 Jun 2021 16:37:58 -0400.
- Biden's Africa policy set to focus on key hotspots
Since assuming office on 20 January, US President Joe Biden has repeatedly underscored that the United States is returning to the forefront of multilateral ...
Janes 360. Tue, 01 Jun 2021 15:00:09 Z.
- At least 50 killed in eastern Congo massacres, research group says
At least 50 people have been killed in two attacks on villages in eastern Congo, in potentially the worst night of violence the area has seen in at least four years, the Kivu Security Tracker research group says.
Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 01 Jun 2021 02:59:55 +1000.