- Austria To Provide One Million Additional COVID Vaccine Doses To Balkans
Austria says it plans to send a million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to the Western Balkans in addition to the doses it is funneling toward the region on behalf of the European Union.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 13:48:03 +0000.
- Euro 2020: Netherlands ease into last 16 with 2-0 win against Austria
Memphis Depay and Denzel Dumfries score in a comfortable 2-0 win for the Netherlands over Austria as the Dutch book their place in the knockout stages.
BBC News. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 21:08:50 GMT.
- Netherlands 2-0 Austria: Dutch seal place in last 16 at Euro 2020
The Netherlands book their spot in last 16 at Euro 2020 as they see off Austria in Amsterdam to win Group C with a game to spare.
BBC News. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 21:06:57 GMT.
- Wild vulture had its right leg amputated - experts created a prosthetic to help it fly and hunt
A metal implant has gone into a bearded vulture known as Mia in Vienna, Austria, becoming the world's first 'bionic bird.' Mia suffered a major injury while still a nestling, as her ankle became entangled.
Daily Mail. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 18:16:36 GMT.
- EU must follow example of Geneva summit and maintain dialogue with Russia, says Kurz
"In order to protect our interests and avoid another downward spiral in relations, we must keep our communication channels open," the Austrian Chancellor stated
Tass. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 17:40:25 +0300.
- Horrifying videos show moment Italian cable car plunged to ground, killing 14
Horrifying new footage shows the moment a cable car in the Italian Alps shot down the mountain in the catastrophic accident that killed 14 people.
Fox News. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 11:50:13 GMT.
- Biden-Putin summit live updates: 'I'm always ready,' Biden says
President Joe Biden will meet face-to-face with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, in Switzerland on Wednesday amid rising tensions between the two countries.
ABC News. Tue, 15 Jun 2021 22:07:02 -0400.
- What 'Glacier Blood' on the French Alps Tells Scientists About Climate Change at High Elevations
The red hue is produced by snow algae blooms. The color most likely shields the algae from damaging ultraviolet rays
Smithsonian. Mon, 14 Jun 2021 18:40:09 +0000.
- Sterling goal seals England win over Croatia, Austria beat North Macedonia, Dutch strike late to deny Ukraine
England started strongly, lost their way for a while but regained control as Croatia barely managed a shot.
Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 14 Jun 2021 01:53:40 +1000.
- Wolfgang Puck Returns Home To Austria For A Look Back At His Rags To Riches Life
An exclusive interview with the legendary Chef about his new documentary and the future of his massive restaurant empire.
By Jim Dobson, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 12 Jun 2021 10:43:26 -0400.
The Alpine States consist of Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, and
Liechtenstein. These nations are located in the Alpine region
of south central Europe, and you find more news and information
about them by visiting the official government websites listed below.
The Swiss Confederation's capital city
is Berne, and its national currency is the Swiss Franc. The primary
languages used in Switzerland are German, French, and Italian; in 2020,
the estimated population of Switzerland was 8,654,622.
The Republic of Austria's capital city is Vienna, and its currency
is the Euro. The primary language used in Austria is German, and
in 2020, the estimated population of Austria was 9,006,398.
The Republic of Slovenia's capital city is Ljubljana, and its
currency is the Tolar. The country's national language is Slovene,
and its estimated population in 2020 was 2,078,938.
The Principality of Liechtenstein's capital city is Vaduz, and its
currency is the Swiss Franc. The Alemannic German dialect is
spoken in Liechtenstein, and in 2020, the nation's estimated population