- Marine scientist has close encounter with killer whale off the coast of Antarctica
New Zealand marine mammal expert Dr Regina Eisert filmed a young killer whale headbutting her camera in icy Antarctic waters before gleefully chewing on a piece of toothfish.
Daily Mail. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 00:33:26 GMT.
- Antarctic ice shelves: Searching for clues on climate change
In a remote island outpost on the edge of the Antarctic, hundreds of miles from the southern tip of Chile, scientists at a research base are scouring the ice for clues about everything from climate change to cures for cancer.
Reuters. Sat, 16 Feb 2019 07:35:15 -0500.
- Simone Giertz: 'Why I sent my brain tumour to Antarctica'
YouTuber Simone Giertz the "queen of bad robots" reveals why she sent her tumour to the ends of the earth.
BBC News. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 11:20:18 GMT.
- Search for Shackleton's lost Endurance ship called off
Thick ice and a lost sub bring an end to the search for the famous Antarctic explorer's sunken polar yacht.
BBC News. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 12:15:12 GMT.
- In Photos: The Emperor Penguin's Beautiful and Extreme Breeding Season
Emperor penguins are the only penguin species that breeds on the frigid ice sheets of Antarctica in the dead of winter.
Live Science. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 06:30:00 EST.
- Antarctic ice shelves buckle under weight of meltwater lakes
The filling and draining of meltwater lakes has been found to cause a floating Antarctic ice shelf to flex, potentially threatening its stability.
Science Daily. Wed, 13 Feb 2019 08:16:50 EST.
- The Power Of Selfish And Selfless Purpose-- And Walking To the South Pole
Living life-- or managing an enterprise-- with purpose that is both selfish and selfless can lead to better focus, perseverance and sense of meaning.
By Robert C. Wolcott, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 11 Feb 2019 18:43:00 -0500.
- Melting ice sheets may soon unleash 'climate chaos': Study
Antarctic-Greenland meltwater could destabilise the climate system and accelerate weather fluctuations in just decades.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 07 Feb 2019 14:31:53 GMT.
- Melting ice sheets may cause 'climate chaos': study
Billions of tonnes of meltwater flowing into the world's oceans from the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets could boost extreme weather and destabilise regional climate within a matter of decades, researchers said Wednesday. ...
Yahoo. Thu, 07 Feb 2019 06:45:42 -0500.
- Fake News about Holes in Antarctic Glaciers
CNN is breathless, but there are a couple of things the network forgot to consider.
American Thinker. Thu, 07 Feb 2019 00:00:00 -0600.