- Antarctic ice is STILL leaking radioactive chlorine gas from nuclear tests 60 years ago
Researchers from a geosciences institute in France tracked levels of radioactive chlorine-36 over decades and found it hasn't decreased much in one particular area - Vostok.
Daily Mail. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 16:59:48 GMT.
- How Australia and France can help create an Antarctic legacy
It is 30 years since Australia and France blocked oil and gas exploration in Antarctica.They're moving again to save one of the planet's truly wild places.
Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 00:00:00 +1100.
- Antarctica ice shelves' edges being attacked by warm ocean water, new study reveals
Upside-down "rivers" of warm ocean water are attacking the edges of Antarctic ice shelves from below, creating conditions that lead to break-ups and sea-level rise, according to scientists.
Christopher Carbone. Fox News. Thu, 10 Oct 2019 23:18:03 GMT.
- Ice on lunar south pole may have more than one source
New research sheds light on the ages of ice deposits reported in the area of the Moon's south pole -- information that could help identify the sources of the deposits and help in planning future human exploration.
Science Daily. Thu, 10 Oct 2019 13:57:01 EDT.
- 'Molar Berg' does a quick Antarctic pirouette
Satellite spies the White Continent's newest giant iceberg as it spins around.
BBC News. Thu, 10 Oct 2019 11:21:54 GMT.
- 'Upside-Down Rivers' of Warm Water Are Carving Antarctica to Pieces
Satellite images show huge cracks and holes forming in the same parts of Antarctica's ice shelves every year. New research suggests that hidden 'rivers' of warm water are carving the shelves up from below.
Live Science. Thu, 10 Oct 2019 10:53:56 +0000.
- Climate change: Emperor penguin 'needs greater protection'
The Antarctic icon could lose more than half its population by 2100, say scientists.
BBC News. Tue, 08 Oct 2019 23:11:19 GMT.
- Iceberg larger than Los Angeles breaks off Antarctic shelf
An iceberg larger than Los Angeles is now floating off Antarctica.
Wls. ABC News. Tue, 01 Oct 2019 23:11:06 +0000.
- A London-sized iceberg broke off Antarctica, but scientists are chill - CNET
The icy absolute unit is now floating free in the ocean.
Amanda Kooser. CNET. Tue, 01 Oct 2019 19:16:48 +0000.
- India Locates Lost Lunar Lander but Struggles to Reestablish Contact
The Vikram spacecraft went offline minutes before it was scheduled to touch down near the south pole of the moon
Smithsonian. Mon, 09 Sep 2019 11:00:00 +0000.