- Antarctica joy flights replace Qantas' London-Australia routes amid pandemic
Boeing 787 jets are heading to the deep south instead of connecting UK with Perth
Simon Calder. The Independent. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 11:28:00 GMT.
- Climate change: Satellites record history of Antarctic melting
European spacecraft track in fine detail the thinning that's occurred at the continent's edge.
Yahoo. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:37:15 -0400.
- Google Earth user spots '400ft ice ship' sitting off the coast of Antarctica
A Google Earth user believes they have discovered a '400ft ice ship' lying 100 miles off the coast of Antarctica and hidden within a massive iceberg.
Daily Mail. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 06:37:02 GMT.
- Coronavirus severely restricts Antarctic science
Keeping Covid out of Antarctica means little research will be done on the continent in 2020-2021.
BBC News. Fri, 07 Aug 2020 22:53:19 GMT.
- Satellites Spy Poop-Stained Ice, Revealing New Emperor Penguin Colonies
Researchers found eight new colonies, but all were small and located in parts of Antarctica predicted to be ravaged by climate change
Smithsonian. Fri, 07 Aug 2020 10:00:00 +0000.
- Ancient mountains recorded in Antarctic sandstones reveal potential links to global events
A new analysis of sandstones from Antarctica indicates there may be important links between the generation of mountain belts and major transitions in Earth's atmosphere and oceans. ...
Science Daily. Wed, 05 Aug 2020 10:20:30 EDT.
- Hidden penguin colonies discovered in Antarctica
Eleven new colonies of emperor penguins have been discovered in Antarctica, scientists have revealed.
Sky News. Wed, 05 Aug 2020 14:58:00 +0100.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: Silent spread keeps scientists grasping for clues
One of the great mysteries of the coronavirus is how quickly it rocketed around the world.It first flared in central China and, within three months, was on every continent but Antarctica, shutting down daily life for millions. ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 23 Jul 2020 06:50:13 +1200.
- Russian Ministry of Environment develops Strategy for Antarctic until 2030
The draft Strategy is expected to be reviewed by the government this year
Tass. Wed, 15 Jul 2020 19:45:13 +0300.
- Astronomers discover huge galactic wall hidden behind Milky Way
Scientists have discovered a celestial structure made of galaxies more than 1.4 billion light-years long and 600 million deep in the skies over the South Pole that until recently had never been seen, according to a report.
Brie Stimson. Fox News. Wed, 15 Jul 2020 08:42:22 GMT.