- Antarctic: Exhibition recalls Ernest Shackleton's final quest
- British Antarctic Survey builds AI to predict ice loss
IceNet, an ice loss prediction tool developed by Cambridge-based British Antarctic Survey, is almost 95 per cent accurate in predicting if sea ice will be present two months ahead.
Daily Mail. Thu, 26 Aug 2021 12:09:41 GMT.
- Polar explorers must love surprises, says Viking-styled expert in ocean studies
Researcher at the Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute Ocean Studies Department Nikita Kusse-Tyuz has participated in 25 Arctic expeditions, including the last North Pole expedition
Tass. Thu, 12 Aug 2021 18:07:13 +0300.
- Subsurface 'Lakes' on Mars May Actually Be Frozen Clay Deposits
After various studies suggesting liquid water may lie underneath the Red Planet's south pole, a new study suggests it instead consists of smectites
Smithsonian. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 19:07:47 +0000.
- The value of involving Indigenous people in protecting Antarctica
The authors of a new study hope to apply to Antarctica the Maori principle of kaitiakitanga, the concept of guardianship and stewardship of the environment, writes Sabrina Imbler
Sabrina Imbler. The Independent. Fri, 09 Jul 2021 23:00:00 GMT.
- Sydney shivers through coldest day since 1984 as snow blankets NSW
Sydney has recorded its coldest day in 37 years, only managing to climb to 10.3 degrees, as an Antarctic chill lingers over NSW.
Sarah Mcphee. Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:18:54 +1000.
- Lockheed Martin And GM Planning Self-Driving Rovers For NASA's Return To The Moon
The rovers are designed with exploring the Moon's south pole in mind.
By Nicholas Reimann, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Wed, 26 May 2021 13:10:54 -0400.
- World's largest iceberg breaks off Antarctica - European Space Agency
The biggest iceberg in the world has broken loose from an ice shelf in Antarctica, the European Space Agency has confirmed.
Sky News. Thu, 20 May 2021 09:10:00 +0100.
- Epic Antarctic ice sheet melt speeding up sea level rise - CNET
NASA eyes rapidly growing ice losses from the Antarctic.
Amanda Kooser. CNET. Wed, 13 Jun 2018 21:12:06 +0000.
- Antarctica Is Losing An Insane Amount of Ice. Nothing About This Is Good.
Trillions of tons of ice melted away from Antarctica during the past 25 years.
Live Science. Wed, 13 Jun 2018 01:08:00 EDT.
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Antarctica