- Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year 2019
The Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year 2019 celebrates the extraordinary bioregions of Australia, New Zealand, Antarctica and New Guinea.
Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 20:18:41 +1000.
- July 2019 was hottest month on record for the planet
Much of the planet sweltered in unprecedented heat in July, as temperatures soared to new heights in the hottest month ever recorded. The record warmth also shrank Arctic and Antarctic sea ice to historic lows.
Science Daily. Thu, 15 Aug 2019 13:08:54 EDT.
- Space Dust from Ancient Supernova Found Hiding in Antarctica
Researchers recently identified cosmic iron traces in snow that fell in Antarctica. Preserved in the snow was dust containing a rare isotope that originated in a supernova.
Live Science. Tue, 13 Aug 2019 16:54:44 +0000.
- Fascinating photos of pioneering expedition to map antarctic go up for auction
Francis Davies was a carpenter and photographer who served aboard several antarctic expeditions including the 1929-1930 Wilkins-Hearst mission to map the continent from the air.
Daily Mail. Mon, 05 Aug 2019 13:11:39 GMT.
- Polar Photographer Shares His View Of A Ferocious But Fragile Ecosystem
Paul Nicklen has spent decades documenting the Arctic and the Antarctic. He often finds himself in frigid waters, just a camera's length away from deadly predators. Originally broadcast June 6, 2017.
Terry Gross. NPR. Fri, 02 Aug 2019 13:42:25 -0400.
- Chandrayaan-2: India launches second Moon mission
The $145m Chandrayaan-2 aims to become the first space mission to land on the Moon's south pole.
BBC News. Mon, 22 Jul 2019 12:16:13 GMT.
- India moon mission lifts off to send rover to lunar south pole
India launched a rocket into space on Monday in an attempt to safely land a rover on the moon, its most ambitious mission yet in the effort to establish itself as a low-cost space power.
CBC News. Mon, 22 Jul 2019 07:25:20 EDT.
- Chandrayaan-2: Watch a replay of India launching mission to moon's south pole - CNET
Three robotic explorers launched by the Indian space agency Monday morning will attempt to land at the lunar south pole for the first time.
Jackson Ryan. CNET. Mon, 22 Jul 2019 10:35:20 +0000.
- Chandrayaan-2 mission to moon's south pole now set to launch on July 22 - CNET
Indian space agency ISRO sets a new date for the historic exploration mission to the lunar south pole.
Jackson Ryan. CNET. Thu, 18 Jul 2019 12:04:32 +0000.
- New Report Urges World Action to Save Insects
Without a doubt insects are the most successful species on the planet. They make up a clear majority of the world's 1.5 million total species, and they live almost literally everywhere there is land, including Antarctica. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 16 Jul 2019 05:34:17 -0400.