- Newlywed, 31, leaves her husband at home to work at world's most remote post office in Antarctica
When Natalie Corbett from Hampshire was planning her wedding, little did she know that she would be spending her 'honeymoon' on the remote Antarctic base of Port Lockroy.
Daily Mail. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 10:56:44 +0100.
- Four women to run post office and count penguins in Antarctica
- Probe reveals 'predatory' culture at Australia's Antarctic research bases
Women there face sexual taunts and unwelcome requests for sex.
Straits Times. Fri, 30 Sep 2022 11:00:28 +0800.
- Viking Takes Delivery of Second Expedition Ship
Debuting This Week, the Viking Polaris Will Explore Antarctica and the Great Lakes.
Travel Industry Wire. 2022-09-28 09:21:52 EST.
- Discovery: The ship that put Dundee on the map
The vessel used by Scott of the Antarctic has been berthed at Dundee's waterfront for 30 years.
BBC News. Mon, 26 Sep 2022 05:23:10 GMT.
- Scientists propose controversial plan to refreeze North and South Poles
Scientists have outlined a controversial plan to refreeze the North and South Poles, and dial down the global thermostat.
Sky News. Thu, 15 Sep 2022 08:35:00 +0100.
- Antarctic Doomsday glacier hanging on 'by its fingernails,' scientists say
An artic glacier larger than the state of Florida could cause sea levels to increase if it melts further, scientists said.
Cnnwire. ABC News. Tue, 06 Sep 2022 12:43:33 +0000.
- Last month was one of the warmest Julys on record, says UN
UN says temperatures nearly half a degree above average last month, as EU monitor records record-low Antarctic sea ice.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 09 Aug 2022 18:37:23 +0000.
- Birds nesting in rubbish discarded by humans
Photographs from every continent except Antarctica show birds nesting or tangled in rubbish.
BBC News. Wed, 03 Aug 2022 23:01:38 GMT.
- A New $250,000 Wedding Package In Antarctica Is Officially The Coolest RSVP This Year
This gives a whole new meaning to the phrase destination wedding.
By Michelle Gross, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 02 Aug 2022 17:58:46 -0400.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Antarctica