- Daria Nicolodi passes away at age 70: Asia Argento pays tribute to her 'beloved' mother
Asia, 45, wrote a touching tribute to her mother, though did not indicate the reason behind her passing.
Daily Mail. Fri, 27 Nov 2020 01:31:03 GMT.
- PG Wodehouse: Why India still holds a flame for the English author
The Jeeves and Wooster creator was the most English of novelists so why does he have fans in India?
BBC News. Fri, 27 Nov 2020 01:01:43 GMT.
- India coronavirus: How the pandemic brought a remote village its first school
A remote tribal village in southern India saw its first school open during the lockdown.
BBC News. Fri, 27 Nov 2020 00:15:29 GMT.
- Young Stars, Improved Profitability Boost China Down Jacket Leader Bosideng
Bosideng traces its roots to China's tumultuous Cultural Revolution.
By Russell Flannery, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Thu, 26 Nov 2020 18:54:53 -0500.
- Should You Buy the Dip in These 3 China-Based EV Stocks?
While Xpeng (XPEV), Li Auto (LI) and BYD (BYDDY) slid yesterday, investors would do well to hold these stocks, as yesterday's dip appears to be a temporary weakness in an upward trending market.
Rimmi Singhi. Zacks. Thu, 26 Nov 2020 13:27:00 GMT.
- China-US rivalry poses world's greatest challenge, but we can prosper
We have, for the first time in China, a true peer competitor to the US. And this is going to drive almost everything that happens on the planet.
Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 27 Nov 2020 00:08:00 +1100.
- Chinese Statue of Yang Asha, Goddess of Beauty, Sparks Debate
As China fights to end extreme poverty while also recovering from the economic damage of the coronavirus, the supposed wisdom of building huge statues in poorer areas to grow tourism is coming under harsh scrutiny.
Keith Bradsher. New York Times. Thu, 26 Nov 2020 10:00:13 +0000.
- Japanese face masks being sold for $9.6G feature pearls, crystals, more
Coronavirus PPE, but make it luxury.
Cortney Moore. Fox News. Thu, 26 Nov 2020 03:53:32 GMT.
- Joe Biden wants Brexit deal done quickly to rebuild 'coalition of the West'
Allies of Joe Biden have made clear that he expects to see a Brexit trade deal concluded swiftly as he seeks to rebuild a "coalition of the West" to respond to the growing spectre of China. John Kerry, who has been appointed ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 26 Nov 2020 13:48:54 +1200.
- Asia Today: SKorea cases jump over 500 amid reimposed rules
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - South Korea has recorded more than 500 new coronavirus cases for the first time in about eight months. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 25 Nov 2020 20:47:34 -0500.
- A new species of rare phylum Loricifera discovered in the deep-sea surrounding Japan
The Loricifera is a microscopic, sediment-dwelling marine invertebrate, with a head covered in over 200 spines and an abdomen with a protective shell - known as a lorica. ...
Science Daily. Wed, 25 Nov 2020 10:03:11 EST.
- Russian, Indian Navies set for joint drills in Baltic Sea
Russia and India signed contracts in November 2018 on the delivery of four Project 11356 frigates
Tass. Wed, 25 Nov 2020 17:53:34 +0300.
- China demands India rescind app ban amid border tension
China cautions it could further damage Sino-Indian relations
Mayank Aggarwal. The Independent. Wed, 25 Nov 2020 13:44:43 GMT.
- Amazon takes on India giant Reliance in court fight over retailer
Case has renewed debate about foreign ownership of Indian companies; Amazon accused of wanting to crush local firm.
Al Jazeera. Wed, 25 Nov 2020 09:05:47 +0000.
- Why Bhutan's Sakteng wildlife sanctuary is disputed by China
- Markets extend rally as Biden, vaccine lift global prospects
Asian markets rallied Wednesday following a blockbuster performance on Wall Street as vaccine successes and easing US political uncertainty boosted investor confidence in the economic recovery.
News Wires. France 24. Wed, 25 Nov 2020 03:32:28 GMT.
- Russia says it chased US warship in row over territorial waters
Russia has said it caught and chased off an American warship which was violating its territorial waters in the Sea of Japan - but the US Navy has rejected the claim and denied any wrongdoing.
Sky News. Tue, 24 Nov 2020 14:07:00 +0000.
- Asia Today: China reports 2 virus cases after mass testing
BEIJING (AP) - China on Tuesday reported two new coronavirus cases in the cities of Shanghai and Tianjin as it seeks to prevent small outbreaks from becoming larger ones. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 24 Nov 2020 02:24:42 -0500.
- Concern Mounts Over Kyrgyzstan's Rushed Constitutional Overhaul
Hundreds of people marched through the Kyrgyz capital, protesting proposed constitution changes that opponents say will erode drastically freedoms in the Central Asian country.
Radio Liberty. Sun, 22 Nov 2020 08:31:15 +0000.
- US Minorities Push for Diverse Biden Cabinet
African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans and other people of color played a crucial role in helping Biden defeat Trump; now they want a seat at the table.
Voice of America. Sat, 21 Nov 2020 08:59:50 -0500.