- Indian Covid victim, 76, wakes up on her funeral bier moments before she is due to be cremated
An elderly woman in India narrowly avoided being burned alive after her family mistakenly thought she had died from the virus rampaging through the country and prepared her for cremation.
Daily Mail. Mon, 17 May 2021 22:35:59 GMT.
- Brazil to receive ingredients from China for more COVID vaccines
Officials say South American nation will receive enough to produce as many as 25 million AstraZeneca and Sinovac jabs.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 17 May 2021 19:36:15 +0000.
- Harris to Push Senators of Color to Work Closely on Voters
Kamala Harris, the first vice president of Asian descent, will talk about her heritage and call attention to recent hate crimes in a keynote speech.
Katie Rogers. New York Times. Mon, 17 May 2021 18:04:24 +0000.
- China's Zhurong Rover Lands on Mars
The achievement cements China as a major player in modern space exploration and could soon deliver discoveries about Mars' geology
Smithsonian. Mon, 17 May 2021 17:59:51 +0000.
- India variant: Why was India not put on the red list sooner?
India was put on the travel ban list two weeks after Pakistan and Bangladesh.
BBC News. Mon, 17 May 2021 16:55:54 GMT.
- Subtropical heat typical of mid-summer in southern Russia comes to Moscow
The capital city owes its unusually hot weather to the influence of dry and warm air masses from Central Asia as well as a clear sunny weather due to an anticyclone, according to the meteorologist
Tass. Mon, 17 May 2021 18:22:22 +0300.
- Disney, White House to co-host panel discussion on Asian American representation in Hollywood
The discussion will focus on diversity in Hollywood and AAPI representation in behind-the-scenes talent.
Wls. ABC News. Mon, 17 May 2021 15:13:04 +0000.
- Organizations Alleging Human Rights Abuses In China Call For Boycott Of 2022 Beijing Olympics
The coalition attacks the International Olympic Committee for putting "profit before human lives" and turning a blind eye to genocide.
By Tommy Beer, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Mon, 17 May 2021 10:53:53 -0400.
- Kyrgyz, Tajik Nationals Briefly Detained Along Disputed Border Segment
Several Kyrgyz and Tajik nationals were briefly detained along a disputed segment of the border between the two Central Asian states as tensions in the area continue to simmer.
Radio Liberty. Mon, 17 May 2021 14:52:36 +0000.
- Significant rise in India COVID variant cases in the UK as 86 areas affected
A total of 2,323 cases of the Indian coronavirus variant have been reported in the UK, the health secretary has said.
Sky News. Mon, 17 May 2021 15:09:00 +0100.
- Cyclone Tauktae: Covid-battered India braces for landfall
Cyclone Tauktae is likely to be the strongest storm to hit the western state of Gujarat since 1998.
BBC News. Mon, 17 May 2021 11:09:19 GMT.
- China urges US to play constructive role in Gaza diplomacy
China is renewing calls for the U.S. to play a constructive role in ending the conflict in Gaza and stop blocking efforts at the United Nations to demand an end to the bloodshed
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Mon, 17 May 2021 11:01:37 GMT.
- Over 80 percent of Japanese oppose hosting Olympics this summer, poll finds
More than 80 percent of Japanese oppose hosting the virus-postponed Olympics this year, a new poll published Monday showed, with just under 10 weeks until the Tokyo Games.
News Wires. France 24. Mon, 17 May 2021 04:17:23 GMT.
- 'Reckless': Rocket gamble raises alarm about China's safety record in space
The remnants of China's biggest rocket came crashing into the Indian Ocean just west of the Maldives archipelago a week ago. It was, according to Harvard astrophysicist Jonathan McDowell, a "reckless" end to one of the ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 17 May 2021 08:56:59 +1200.
- Ex-Ohio State professor gets 37 months in prison for sharing work with China
A medical researcher and professor who pleaded guilty to what prosecutors called a sophisticated scheme to transfer U.S.-backed research to China was sentenced Friday to 37 months in federal prison.
Fox News. Sun, 16 May 2021 12:40:33 GMT.
- PM lends support to Qantas to stop infected passengers from India
It comes after an Australian man who returned from India received his positive nasal swab test result for COVID-19 after landing in Darwin, despite trying to get his results.
Rachel Clun. Sydney Morning Herald. Sun, 16 May 2021 15:07:39 +1000.
- China lands its Zhurong rover on Mars
- BHP Group (BHP) Rides on High Iron Prices Amid High Costs
Iron ore prices have been gaining on the back of strong demand in China and supply concerns, which will reflect on the BHP Group's (BHP) results.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 14 May 2021 14:18:00 GMT.
- EU tracks Chinese and Russian vaccine disinformation campaigns
China and Russia have shifted their pandemic-related disinformation strategies against the West from distortions about face-masks and the Covid-19 virus itself ...
Janes 360. Thu, 13 May 2021 14:27:16 Z.
- US Sanctions Chinese Official for Persecuting Falun Gong
The United States calls out China for crimes against humanity and genocide for its mass campaign against Uyghurs and other religious and ethnic minorities.
Voice of America. Wed, 12 May 2021 21:55:32 -0400.