- China confirms second death in mystery viral outbreak
The man was identified as a 69-year-old who was admitted to the hospital with an array of health issues.
Alexandria Hein. Fox News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:23:28 GMT.
- China tourists found dead by 1973 Iceland plane crash site
Police in Iceland tell the BBC autopsies will take place next week to find out the cause of death.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 17:38:32 GMT.
- What Makes China Distance (DL) a New Strong Buy Stock
China Distance (DL) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy).
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 17:00:07 GMT.
- China anger after woman drives into Forbidden City
Social media users ask how a woman could have driven into the former imperial palace in Beijing.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 16:42:32 GMT.
- Here and gone: Outbound comets are likely of alien origin
Astronomers at the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ) have analyzed the paths of two objects heading out of the Solar System forever and determined that they also most likely originated from outside of the Solar System. ...
Science Daily. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 09:43:29 EST.
- Volvo To Test 5G Automotive Applications With China Unicom
5G connectivity in cars opens the door to self-driving vehicles, safety applications, and privacy concerns.
By Liane Yvkoff, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 14:40:00 +0000.
- Train passenger is caught trying to sneak two giant salamanders through security checks
The passenger in southern China claimed that the pair of amphibious beasts were artificially bred and she was bringing them home to cook. Officers assisted her to post the animals home after investigation.
Daily Mail. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 13:34:59 GMT.
- White House chief of staff confirms Trump's desire to visit Australia
In a rare foreign media interview, Mick Mulvaney spoke of the President's wish to travel to Australia and spruiked the benefits of a trade deal with China.
Matthew Knott. Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 18 Jan 2020 00:00:00 +1100.
- China's population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate falls
China's population has crept past 1.4 billion last year for the first time, even as the birthrate continues to fall.
CBC News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 06:08:42 EST.
- SoftBank to invest $40 billion for new Indonesia capital
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) - Japan's SoftBank is offering to invest $30 billion to $40 billion in the development of a new Indonesian capital, an official said Friday. ...
Edna Tarigan. Washington Times. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 06:01:19 -0500.
- Modi's party accuses Washington Post of 'biased' India coverage
BJP leader claims editorial policy of the newspaper, owned by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, is 'agenda-driven'.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 09:54:46 GMT.
- Chinese president heads to Myanmar for crucial state visit
NAYPYITAW, Myanmar (AP) - China's President Xi Jinping was given a lavish welcome to Myanmar as he arrived Friday for a state visit meant to deepen bilateral relations at a critical time. ...
Aung Shine Oo and Pyae Sone Win. Washington Times. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 22:16:55 -0500.
- Roubini: Trump Foreign Policies to Hurt Markets, Help China
U.S. President Donald Trump's approach to foreign policy will ultimately strengthen China's clout and hurt America, according to Nouriel Roubini.
Newsmax. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 15:50:51 EDT.
- US-China 'Phase One' deal paves way for apparel tariff cuts
The United States and China have signed the long-anticipated 'Phase One' trade agreement between the two countries, in a move that paves the way for punitive tariffs imposed on most US apparel imports from China to be cut in half.
Just Style. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 12:32:00 GMT.
- Mycronic Receives the First Order for a SLX Mask Writer
STOCKHOLM, Jan. 16, 2020 -- Mycronic AB (publ) has received the first order for the new SLX mask writer from a customer in Asia. The customer operates in the semiconductor industry and has previous generation mask writers from Mycronic. ...
PR Newswire. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 12:12:00 +0000.
- Japan Confirms Case of Coronavirus Behind Outbreak in China
Japanese man second confirmed case reported outside of China this week.
Voice of America. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 07:05:21 -0500.
- New Formats, More Travel Professionals To Accelerate Personalisation At Digital Travel APAC 2020
SINGAPORE - Digital Travel Summit APAC, the largest gathering of top travel professionals across various verticals in Asia is returning for 2020. ...
Hsyndicate. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 10:43:00 +0200.
- Trump's Phase 1 trade deal with China hasn't solved all of tech's issues - CNET
China has agreed to stronger intellectual property protections. But tariffs on more than $300 billion worth of goods still remain, as do other unresolved trade issues.
Marguerite Reardon. CNET. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 01:59:00 +0000.
- Will US-China 'Phase 1' Trade Deal Reset Other Stalled Talks?
Substantial talks between Washington and Beijing outside of trade have been in limbo for months.
Voice of America. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 19:07:24 -0500.
- Bose is closing all retail locations in North America, Europe, Australia and Japan - CNET
The move is due to "the dramatic shift to online shopping."
Abrar Al-heeti. CNET. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 23:32:00 +0000.