- Britain concerned about consular employee missing in China
The British are "extremely concerned" about an employee of its Hong Kong Consulate who has been missing since crossing into mainland China on a business trip.
CBC News. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 07:39:14 EDT.
- ZK International to Benefit from New Green Building Standard That Went into Effect on August 1, 2019
WENZHOU, China, Aug. 20, 2019 -- ZK International Group Co., Ltd. ...
PR Newswire. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 11:30:00 +0000.
- India revokes Kashmir's special status: All the latest updates
Latest updates on tensions and protests in Indian-administered Kashmir tensions amid restrictions now in its third week.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 10:40:22 GMT.
- Staffer at Britain's Hong Kong Consulate Reportedly Detained in Southern China
Hong Kong's local news website HK01 says the employee, identified as Simon Cheng, failed to return to the former British colony from the neighboring southern city of Shenzhen on August 9, where he had gone to attend a business meeting.
Voice of America. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 06:16:41 -0400.
- How China Uses Twitter And Facebook To Share Disinformation About Hong Kong
Russia gets most of the attention when it comes to malicious use of social media by state actors. The protests in Hong Kong have made clear China is using the same playbook.
Emily Feng. NPR. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 06:07:00 -0400.
- Churches want new laws to allow refusal to support euthanasia in aged care
Cabinet has considered a draft of new religious discrimination laws and is bracing for a messy debate, with the Attorney-General saying "some fine-tuning" was needed.
Judith Ireland. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 19:00:00 +1000.
- From sushi to satay: Where to find the best Asian food in Paris
When we think about the restaurant scene in Paris, our mind naturally goes to the hearty boeuf bourguignon or coq au vin of French gastronomy. But in fact the city also has a vibrant Asian food scene, as Diana Liu explains.
The Local. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 10:58:37 +0200.
- Huawei expects no relief from US sanctions but is confident
SHENZHEN, China (AP) - The founder of Chinese tech giant Huawei said Tuesday he expects no relief from U.S. ...
Joe Mcdonald. Washington Times. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 04:06:17 -0400.
- Huawei founder says he expects no relief from U.S. sanctions but is confident it will thrive with it
SHENZHEN, China (AP) - Huawei founder says he expects no relief from U.S. sanctions but is confident it will thrive with its own technology.
Washington Times. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 04:04:04 -0400.
- Indian spacecraft now orbiting moon in search for water
An unmanned spacecraft India launched last month has begun orbiting the moon before it lands on the far side to search for water.
Irish Independent. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 06:54:07 +0100.
- Facebook, Twitter remove accounts they say China used to undermine Hong Kong protests
Facebook and Twitter said the accounts were meant to undermine the protests in Hong Kong.
ABC News. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 21:43:32 -0400.
- Facebook, Twitter accuse China of disinformation campaign against Hong Kong protesters
Twitter and Facebook together suspended hundreds of accounts that were tied to a Chinese disinformation campaign that targeted pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong.
Christopher Carbone. Fox News. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 22:39:48 GMT.
- Should You Buy China ETFs Now?
Here's what you need to know about investing in China and why you should not ignore China ETFs.
Neena Mishra. Zacks. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 21:28:00 GMT.
- Couple sue adoption agency after teenage boy they took in from China rapes their two younger kids
The couple, of Terre Haute, Indiana, say that Chinese Children Adoption International did not inform them that the teenager had a 'long history of sexually abusing multiple children' while in China.
Daily Mail. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 16:42:03 GMT.
- AirAsia Receives Its First A330neo
AirAsia has taken delivery of its first A330neo aircraft, to be operated by its long-haul affiliate AirAsia X Thailand. ...
Travel Industry Wire. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 10:36:56 EST.
- Renegotiate prices now to cut China tariff impact
Importers are being advised that they have just weeks to renegotiate prices with their vendors if they want to minimise the impact of new tariffs on imports from China.
Just Style. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 14:58:00 GMT.
- Qatar 2022 Or Bust: China Call Up Brazilian Striker Elkeson
China have called up Brazilian striker Elkeson for their first World Cup 2022 qualifying match against the Maldives next month. ...
By Steve Price, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 10:55:19 +0000.
- Tim Cook warns Trump that China tariffs would hurt Apple and help Samsung - CNET
"He made a very compelling argument," Trump told reporters. "I'm thinking about it."
Daniel Van Boom. CNET. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 04:13:09 +0000.
- China's Strides in Quantum Technology Has Some in US Concerned
China's significant investment in quantum technology is helping it close the gap in Western research, worrying some U.S. ...
Newsmax. Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:24:37 EDT.
- Russia ready to discuss missile issues with US - defense minister
Sergei Shoigu said that Russia will not deploy its missiles in Europe and Asia until the United States does
Tass. Sun, 18 Aug 2019 11:54:13 +0300.