- Tesla starts Model 3 delivery in China earlier than expected
Tesla Inc on Friday said it had started delivering Model 3 cars in China, slightly ahead of schedule.
Reuters. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 23:33:20 -0500.
- Japan's Akihito seen as devoted to duties, open to new ideas
Japan's Emperor Akihito, who will abdicate the throne in April, is seen as being open to new ideas and keenly aware of his duties
ABC News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 23:05:52 -0500.
- Japan probe successfully touches down on asteroid
A Japanese probe sent to examine an asteroid 300 million kilometres from the Earth for clues about the origin of life and the solar system landed successfully on Friday, scientists said.
France 24. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 04:05:51 GMT.
- 5G networks: Trump says US shouldn't block technology
The comments come as the US has pressured its allies to exclude China's Huawei from their 5G networks.
BBC News. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 03:29:53 GMT.
- Australia seeks clarification on China coal import 'block'
Canberra is seeking "urgent" clarification about reports that a key Chinese port has blocked imports.
BBC News. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 03:16:45 GMT.
- Japanese space probe touches down on asteroid to collect samples
The spacecraft's landing on the asteroid Ryugu, just 900 meters (3,000 feet) in diameter, came after an initial attempt in October was delayed because it was difficult to pick a landing spot on the asteroid's rocky surface. ...
Yahoo. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 22:03:38 -0500.
- Don't eat fish, mussels from Jakarta Bay because of toxic compounds in waters: Expert
JAKARTA (THE JAKARTA POST/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Eating fish and mussels from Jakarta Bay is dangerous because of toxic and hazardous compounds ( B3 ) that damage fish organs and paralyse mussels, an expert has said.
Straits Times. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 11:01:14 +0800.
- India Threatens a New Weapon Against Pakistan: Water
India vowed to reduce the amount of water flowing through its rivers to Pakistan, a threat it has made before but now seems more determined to carry out because of a militant attack.
Jeffrey Gettleman. New York Times. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 02:59:37 GMT.
- Gay pensioner faces deportation to Malaysia because the Home Office says he's not got a boyfriend
Yew Fook Sam, 67, from Liverpool, believes he risks being thrown in jail, beaten up or even killed if he is forced to return to the Asian country which he left in 2005.
Daily Mail. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 02:12:16 +0000.
- Japanese spacecraft touches down on asteroid to get samples
A Japanese spacecraft has touched down on a distant asteroid on a mission to collect material that could provide clues to the origin of the solar system.
Fox News. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 00:56:42 GMT.
- Smart Money Bets That The Trade War Will End Soon
The trade war between China and the US will end soon. Perhaps, by March or by May at the latest.
By Panos Mourdoukoutas, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 19:29:00 -0500.
- Watch Japan's Hayabusa spacecraft shoot a bullet at an asteroid Thursday - CNET
JAXA is finally ready to collect a sample of the asteroid Ryugu. And you can watch it happen live.
Amanda Kooser. CNET. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 21:22:41 +0000.
- India reiterates plan to stop sharing of water with Pakistan
New Delhi's move to halt water flows to Pakistan is to pressure its neighbour after a militant attack in Kashmir.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 20:34:05 GMT.
- The other trade war: Europe prepares risky response to US attack on 'crown jewels'
Donald Trump's spat with China is stealing most of the headlines, but another trade war is looming.
Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 07:12:00 +1100.
- U.S.-China Trade Optimism Boosts These ETFs
The degree of optimism has increased in the ongoing U.S.-China trade negotiations. These ETFs have gained due to this.
Sanghamitra Saha. Zacks. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 18:00:00 GMT.
- U.S. and China resume trade talks in standoff over tech policy
The U.S. and China resumed high-levels talks Thursday aimed at easing a trade standoff that has unnerved global investors and clouded the outlook for the world economy.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 11:52:21 EST.
- Taiwan proposes Asia's first same-sex marriage law after voters reject legal equality in referendums
LGBT+ rights activists argue separate law for gay marriage is discriminatory
Yimou Lee. The Independent. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 16:31:04 +0000.
- Kamchatka LNG hub to hopefully become price benchmark for Asia-Pacific
It is planned for construction by the Russian gas producer Novatek, which forecast the significant growth of the LNG market in midterm
Tass. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 19:09:00 +0300.
- Consuming garlic and onions may lower colorectal cancer risk
Consumption of allium vegetables -- which include garlic, leeks, and onions -- was linked with a reduced risk of in colorectal cancer in a study of men and women in China.
Science Daily. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 09:50:57 EST.
- Trade pact with Japan ruled out by Brexit deadline
The government has admitted it has run out of time to roll over existing trade pacts with Japan and Turkey in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
Sky News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 14:23:00 +0000.