- Biden admin condemns 'unproductive and cynical' Chinese sanctions against Trump officials
President Biden's administration condemned China's Inauguration Day sanctions against former Trump officials, calling them "unproductive and cynical."Emily Horne, Biden's National Security ...
Justine Coleman. The Hill. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 16:36:43 +0000.
- Self-Driving Cars Being Blocked By Human Drivers Using Road Bouldering Tactics
Human drivers use road bouldering to block other cars, and the question arises as to how self-driving cars will handle such machinations.
By Lance Eliot, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 11:30:00 -0500.
- Miss England gets Covid vaccine as she works as NHS doctor
Dr Bhasha Mukherjee, 24, left India to return to the NHS as a doctor in April, and has been working treating patients at Boston Pilgrim Hospital in Lincolnshire and Derby Royal Hospital.
Daily Mail. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:25:01 +0000.
- Stokes and Archer return to England squad for India tour
All-rounder Ben Stokes and fast bowler Jofra Archer return to the England squad for the first two Tests of the tour of India.
BBC News. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:11:23 GMT.
- Covid: Indian vaccine maker seeks permission for first international rollout despite concerns over data
India has already started exporting Covid-19 vaccines to its neighbours
Mayank Aggarwal. The Independent. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 12:53:54 GMT.
- Is Fidelity Japan Fund (FJPNX) a Strong Mutual Fund Pick Right Now?
Mutual Fund Report for FJPNX
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 12:00:05 GMT.
- To counter China, India pursues vaccine diplomacy in South Asia
India's move draws praise from neighbours as it pushes back against China's dominating presence in the region.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 11:44:26 +0000.
- Former IOC VP Pound says fans optional for Tokyo Olympics
Former IOC vice president Dick Pound says the Tokyo Olympics could go ahead without fans. And he predicted the games will open on July 23 despite surging coronavirus cases in Japan and around the globe.
Fox News. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 10:24:35 GMT.
- India gives 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Nepal
KATHMANDU, Nepal (AP) - India sent 1 million doses of a coronavirus vaccine to Nepal on Thursday, a gift that is likely to help repair strained ties between the two neighbors. ...
Binaj Gurubacharya. Washington Times. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 05:20:24 -0500.
- Optimism for New Biden Administration Drives Asian Markets Higher
US stocks rise in futures trading; gold, oil markets trading flat.
Voice of America. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 04:25:07 -0500.
- Russian imports to Japan down 26% in 2020
Export of Japanese goods to Russia also dropped - by 19.8%
Tass. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 10:16:05 +0300.
- Asia Today: Sri Lanka reopens to tourists after 10 months
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP) - Sri Lanka reopened to foreign tourists Thursday after a nearly 10-month pandemic closure that cut deeply into the Indian Ocean island nation's lucrative travel industry. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 01:14:32 -0500.
- Farm laws: India ready to put controversial laws on hold for 18 months
This government proposal comes after several rounds of failed talks between both sides.
BBC News. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 05:48:13 GMT.
- Twitter Says It Locked Account of China's US Embassy Over Xinjiang-Related Tweet
The Chinese Embassy's account has not posted any new tweets since January 9
Voice of America. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 22:44:12 -0500.
- China farewells Trump-era officials, including 'lying and cheating' Pompeo, with sanctions
Pompeo and the others had "planned, promoted and executed a series of crazy moves [and] gravely interfered in China's internal affairs" China's government said.
Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 07:34:22 +1100.
- 'Pharmacy of the World will deliver': India begins COVID-19 vaccine exports
India has begun exporting COVID-19 vaccines to neighboring countries with the first batches being shipped Wednesday to Bhutan, Maldives, Bangladesh, Nepal and Seychelles.
ABC News. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 08:57:39 -0500.
- Alibaba's Jack Ma Makes First Appearance After China Criticism
Mr. Ma, the co-founder of the retailing giant Alibaba, had disappeared after criticizing Chinese regulators late last year.
Tiffany May. New York Times. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 13:47:00 +0000.
- China Dismisses Pompeo Designation Of Genocide Against Uyghurs
China has dismissed a declaration by the United States that Beijing is guilty of genocide against ethnic Uyghurs and other minorities saying the designation "is a piece of wastepaper."
Radio Liberty. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 12:28:22 +0000.
- US says China is committing genocide against Uighurs and other ethnic minorities
The US State Department has declared that China is committing genocide and crimes against humanity in a campaign targeting Uighurs and other ethnic minorities in Xinjiang.
Sky News. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 03:25:00 +0000.
- Mike Pompeo's parting shot: China's policy on Uighurs 'genocide, crimes against humanity'
On his way out the door, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo lashed out anew at China on Tuesday by declaring that its policies on Muslims and ethnic minorities in the western Xinjiang region constitute "crimes against humanity" ...
New Zealand Herald. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 12:10:05 +1200.