- Ai Weiwei: 'Too late' to curb China's global influence
The Chinese artist and dissident says the West should have worried about China decades ago.
BBC News. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 23:37:05 GMT.
- Two beluga whales have their first swim in their new open water sanctuary
Little White and Little Grey were in captivity in a park in China but now live in waters in Iceland.
BBC News. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 20:11:37 GMT.
- Huawei CFO Meng back in Canadian court fighting US extradition
Soon after Meng's detention, China arrested Canadian citizens Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig, charging them with espionage.
Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 05:31:55 +1000.
- Alexion's Ultomiris Gets Approval in Japan for Rare Disease
Alexion's (ALXN) Ultomiris gets approval in Japan for the treatment of adults and children living with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 19:03:00 GMT.
- What is killing off the African savannah elephants?
Warning: Photos may be distressing Parks authorities in Zimbabwe say that the recent deaths of elephants have been caused by a bacterial disease that has previously affected elephants in Asia and other animals in southern ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 06:18:36 +1200.
- Here's How You Can Help Amphibians in the Fight Against Extinction
We now know that the killer chytrid fungus originated in Asia and that humans unintentionally spread it around the world
Smithsonian. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 16:33:56 +0000.
- Tesla's China sales will see a 'steady decline' to nothing by 2030: Adam Jonas
Morgan Stanley Analyst Adam Jonas joins the On the Move panel to discuss the latest with Tesla, and why its China sales may be non-existent by 2030.
Yahoo. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 11:54:48 -0400.
- This Next Evolution Of Ecommerce Did $18 Billion In Asia Last Year. What Brands And Small Companies Need To Do Now
With over $18 billion in sales in Asia in 2019, live streaming ecommerce is coming. What you need to do to get ready if you are a startup, small business or emerging brand.
By Bernhard Schroeder, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 11:39:38 -0400.
- Beijing Cautiously Ramps Up Belt-And-Road Dreams In Pakistan, Afghanistan
After a summer of important deals and maneuvers, China is rejuvenating its economic and political footprint in South Asia.
Radio Liberty. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 13:13:00 +0000.
- Crowds at the Beijing Auto Show Signal China's Spenders are Back
Big crowds at places like the Beijing auto show are a sign of good news, but China needs its less affluent to spend more before its growth engine can return to full speed.
Keith Bradsher. New York Times. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 12:55:06 +0000.
- China holds simultaneous military drills in four seas: Report
China holds drills periodically, though multiple exercises happening at the same time are rare.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 12:23:20 +0000.
- Rare albino camel is captured on camera at a nature reserve in China
Footage shows the rare camel with its all-white skin drinking from a puddle with a dozen brown camels at the Annanba Wild Camel National Nature Reserve in Gansu Province.
Daily Mail. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 12:05:45 GMT.
- Why Facebook Suddenly Closed 155 Accounts Targeting the Philippines
The accounts were found to be inauthentic and linked to China, Facebook wants a better image.
Voice of America. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 05:33:46 -0400.
- Global shares up ahead of China holiday, Trump-Biden debate
TOKYO (AP) - Global shares were mostly higher Monday, ahead of the first U.S. presidential debate and a national holiday in China later in the week. ...
Yuri Kageyama. Washington Times. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 03:07:12 -0400.
- Asia shares up ahead of China holiday, presidential debate
TOKYO (AP) - Asian shares were mostly higher in muted trading Monday, ahead of the first U.S. presidential debate and a national holiday in China later in the week. ...
Yuri Kageyama. Washington Times. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 00:03:44 -0400.
- Japanese actress Yuko Takeuchi found dead at home
Japanese actress Yuko Takeuchi has been found dead at her home in Tokyo, according to media in the country.
Sky News. Sun, 27 Sep 2020 11:00:00 +0100.
- US, India Report High Number of New COVID-19 Cases
French doctor: Second wave of COVID-19 arriving faster than expected.
Voice of America. Sun, 27 Sep 2020 03:54:10 -0400.
- Sweden urges US, Russia to agree on New START extension
Sweden also calls on China to join the talks on that issue
Tass. Sat, 26 Sep 2020 23:48:20 +0300.
- China pushes emergency use of COVID vaccine despite concerns
Concerns remain over China's rush to push out a vaccine.
Fox News. Sat, 26 Sep 2020 20:06:32 GMT.
- 'So many bodies,' says ambulance driver as India struggles to stem COVID-19 deaths
India is seeing new coronavirus cases and deaths daily, but businesses have begun to reopen.
ABC News. Fri, 25 Sep 2020 12:57:53 -0400.