- Has China lifted 100 million people out of poverty?
President Xi says China has achieved his poverty reduction pledge - but has it?
BBC News. Sun, 28 Feb 2021 00:57:55 GMT.
- Covid: How this Indian firm is vaccinating the world
The Serum Institute of India isn't a household name, but it's the world's largest vaccine maker.
BBC News. Sun, 28 Feb 2021 00:10:20 GMT.
- Artist Akie Nakata Sells Her Stone Art Almost Instantly Through Facebook
It takes less than 10 minutes, and sometimes as little as two, for Japanese artist Akie Nakata to sell her hand-painted stones on Facebook.
By Marcia Layton Turner, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 27 Feb 2021 18:05:57 -0500.
- China's Retirement Home Industry is Plagued by Ponzi Schemes
Rooms and beds for retirees are in short supply as the population ages, leaving many vulnerable to companies pitching risky investments.
Alexandra Stevenson and Cao Li. New York Times. Sat, 27 Feb 2021 23:00:11 +0000.
- How Will Kyrgyzstan Repay Its Huge Debts To China?
With payment deadlines approaching, Bishkek is considering some drastic options to pay its debt to Beijing.
Radio Liberty. Sat, 27 Feb 2021 11:30:00 +0000.
- Brooklyn man, 23, is charged with attempted murder as a hate crime for stabbing an Asian
Salman Muflihi, 23, reportedly stabbed the 36-year-old victim with an eight-inch knife while walking near the Daniel Patrick Moynihan U.S. Courthouse in the Chinatown, Manhattan.
Daily Mail. Sat, 27 Feb 2021 01:38:42 GMT.
- UN rights chief decries abuses in Xinjiang, arrests in Hong Kong
Michelle Bachelet wants an independent assessment of situation in Muslim Uighur homeland as her China visit is delayed.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 27 Feb 2021 01:08:29 +0000.
- Ex-Knicks star Jeremy Lin speaks out against racism toward Asian community
Jeremy Lin, the former New York Knicks star who took the NBA by storm for a few weeks during the 2011-12 season, spoke out against racist attacks against Asians and Asian Americans.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Fri, 26 Feb 2021 15:19:50 GMT.
- Myanmar coup: Protesters accuse China of backing military junta
Riot police in Myanmar on Friday dispersed hundreds of anti-coup protesters who have rallied daily in the country's largest city against a junta that toppled civilian leader Aung San Suu Kyi. ...
France24. France 24. Fri, 26 Feb 2021 11:52:55 GMT.
- World shares skid, US futures turn higher after Wall St rout
BANGKOK (AP) - Shares skidded Friday in Europe and Asia but U.S. futures turned higher after a rout in technology companies pulled the Nasdaq 3.5% lower in the steepest loss for the tech-heavy index since October. ...
Elaine Kurtenbach. Washington Times. Fri, 26 Feb 2021 02:40:55 -0500.
- Japan partly ending pandemic emergency, keeps it for Tokyo
- Orica hit by Australia-China trade spat, CEO to step down
Orica chief executive Alberto Calderon will step down from the $5 billion explosives manufacturer which is feeling the heat from slower mining activity.
Nick Toscano. Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 26 Feb 2021 17:04:38 +1100.
- US military conducts airstrike against Iran-backed militia in Syria
The airstrike was the first military action undertaken by the Biden administration, which in its first weeks has emphasized its intent to put more focus on the challenges posed by China, even as Mideast threats persist.
Ap. ABC News. Fri, 26 Feb 2021 04:33:21 +0000.
- Police unable to explain disproportionate use of powers against minorities, report finds
Police are still unable to explain why their powers are disproportionately used on people from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, a watchdog has said.
Sky News. Fri, 26 Feb 2021 00:07:00 +0000.
- Southeast Asia Aviation Market Well Positioned for Recovery
Boeing forecast: 20-year demand for 4,400 new airplanes valued at $700 billion - Annual passenger traffic growth of 5.7%, nearly 50% higher than global average - Long-term demand for aftermarket commercial services worth $790 billion.
Travel Industry Wire. 2021-02-25 16:43:53 EST.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: China denies subjecting US diplomats to anal tests
China has denied subjecting US diplomats to Covid-19 anal tests following reports from Washington that some of its personnel were being made to undergo the procedure.Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian told ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 26 Feb 2021 09:17:05 +1200.
- American Tower (AMT) Q4 AFFO Lags Estimates, '21 View Strong
Despite a decline in revenues in the Asia Pacific and Latin America property segments, American Tower (AMT) sees strong organic tenant billing growth in Q4.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 25 Feb 2021 14:49:00 GMT.
- Pakistan, India Reach Rare Deal to Restore Kashmir Truce
The move is being hailed as an important development to promote regional peace.
Voice of America. Thu, 25 Feb 2021 05:21:42 -0500.
- Economic Forum for Asia in Hainan's Boao to be held in April
The government pays special attention to the forum
Tass. Thu, 25 Feb 2021 09:39:01 +0300.
- CIA Chief Nominee Warns of 'Adversarial, Predatory' China
United States must train its spies and intelligence analysts on the rising threat from China, William Burns tells lawmakers during his confirmation hearing.
Voice of America. Wed, 24 Feb 2021 16:13:47 -0500.