- Japan plans to reopen embassy in Kyiv: Kyodo
TOKYO - Japan plans to reopen its embassy in Kyiv on Wednesday, seven months after it was closed, Kyodo News reported, citing a source familiar with the matter that it did not identify.
Straits Times. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 10:49:09 +0800.
- US deploys aircraft carrier to the east coast of Korean peninsula after Pyongyang fires missile over Japan
A US aircraft carrier is to be redeployed to South Korea's east coast, following Tuesday's ballistic missile test by Pyongyang.
Sky News. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 03:43:00 +0100.
- S.Korea and U.S. military fire FOUR surface-to-surface missiles in response to N. Korea missile test
South Korea and the U.S. military fired a volley of missiles into the sea in response to North Korea's launch of a ballistic missile over Japan - the longest-range test they've launched to date.
Daily Mail. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 02:21:32 GMT.
- US, Japan, South Korea Condemn North Korean Missile Launch
In response to North Korea's test-firing of a ballistic missile over Japan, on Wednesday the U.S. and South Korea ran precision bombing exercises and launched their own series of missiles. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 21:43:55 -0400.
- New Study Finds That Black Employees Are Penalized For Self-Promotion
A new research study indicates that when Black employees engage in self-promotion, they were rated less favorably than white, Hispanic, and Asian employees. ...
By Janice Gassam Asare, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 20:20:58 -0400.
- South Korea and US fire missiles into sea in response to North Korea
It comes hours after North Korea launched a ballistic missile over Japan, escalating tensions.
BBC News. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 00:15:13 GMT.
- Five reasons why China's economy is in trouble
President Xi Jinping faces his greatest challenge yet ahead of a historic Communist Party meeting.
BBC News. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 23:16:55 GMT.
- North Korea Fires Ballistic Missile Over Japan in Major Escalation
The last time Pyongyang launched a weapon over Japan was in 2017, when Donald J. Trump was president and Kim Jong-un seemed intent on escalating conflict with Washington.
Motoko Rich and Choe Sang-hun. New York Times. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 22:52:52 +0000.
- Chinese Embassy tries to silence Pompeo broadcasts into China
China's government is seeking to silence former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for comments critical of the ruling Communist Party made during a new series of broadcasts that seek to speak directly to the Chinese people.
Bill Gertz. Washington Times. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 18:25:51 -0400.
- Kyrgios into second round in Tokyo after overcoming breathing problems
Nick Kyrgios was the sole Australian survivor at the Japan Open with his straight sets win over Chun-Hsin Tseng as Alex de Minaur and Thanasi Kokkinakis both fell.
Ian Chadband. Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 08:00:59 +1100.
- World Bank Now Projects Return To Weak Growth In 2023 In Europe, Central Asia
The World Bank says countries in its Europe and Central Asia region will return to weak growth in 2023 "reflecting negative spillovers" from the war in Ukraine.
Radio Liberty. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 20:06:20 +0000.
- Russian MMA star Emelianenko eyes US, Japan as venues for his career final fight
It is said that Emelianenko, 45, currently boasts an official MMA record of 40 wins and he is still active on the line for more bouts
Tass. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 22:00:25 +0300.
- Praise for Chavez, Castro and China does not belong at the head of the IDB
The Biden administration would like a consensus candidate committed to democracy and development.
Daniel F. Runde, Opinion Contributor. The Hill. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 16:00:00 +0000.
- Publishing executive charged in Tokyo Olympic bribes scandal
A top executive at a major Japanese publisher was charged Tuesday with bribing a former Tokyo Olympics organizing committee member.
Yuri Kageyama. Washington Times. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 03:34:58 -0400.
- North Korea fires IRBM over Japan
North Korea launched an intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM) over Japan on 4 October, according to neighbouring countries.
Janes 360. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 07:20:08 Z.
- Chicago shooting: Man shoots suspected burglar at Chinatown home, police say
The man who shot the suspected burglar has a concealed carry license, police said.
Wls. ABC News. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 03:23:16 +0000.
- North Korea launches ballistic missile over northern Japan in latest weapons test
Residents in northeastern regions ordered to evacuate buildings for first time since 2017
Graeme Massie. The Independent. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 01:00:22 GMT.
- North Korea sends missile soaring over Japan in escalation
North Korea has fired a ballistic missile over Japan for the first time in five years, forcing Japan to issue evacuation notices and suspend trains during the flight of the nuclear-capable weapon that could reach the US ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 12:02:59 +1200.
- Yum China (YUMC) Upgraded to Strong Buy: Here's Why
Yum China (YUMC) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 16:00:07 GMT.
- Indian jets scrambled after false bomb scare on flight from Iran
India's Air Force said it scrambled fighter jets after receiving a bomb alert on Mahan Air headed to Guangzhou in China.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 08:41:44 +0000.