- Urban explorer films abandoned Japanese hot spring hotel 'reclaimed by nature'
Bob Thissen, from Heerlen, The Netherlands, visited the Hachijo Hot Spring Hotel, once a popular tourist destination on a tropical island off the coast of Tokyo, Japan.
Daily Mail. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 18:48:42 GMT.
- Naomi Campbell hit by fashion racism in Asian country
The British supermodel says she was told a photo campaign would not be used because of the "colour of [her] skin".
BBC News. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 16:24:10 GMT.
- Good Friday marked around the world
Processions have taken place in France, Jerusalem, India and Kenya.
BBC News. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 16:07:05 GMT.
- Pompeo dismisses N Korea's rejection of him as US negotiator
Stalled negotiations over dismantling North Korea's nuclear program are looming over high-level talks between the U.S. and Japan.
Matthew Lee. Fox News. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 15:22:44 GMT.
- Arctic cooperation between Russia, China is realistic, says ambassador
Andrey Denisov added that "huge investments are required for the development of major sea links" and a full-fledged exploration of the Northern route
Tass. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 17:53:44 +0300.
- Japan using emperor, first lady's birthday to court Trump
Without close friends in Asia, Japan's prime minister is seen using every opportunity, even the emperor's accession, to court President Donald Trump
ABC News. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 09:29:58 -0400.
- China will keep supporting economy as 'pressure' lingers: politburo
China will maintain policy support for the economy, which still faces "downward pressure" and difficulties after better-than-expected first quarter growth, a top decision-making body of the Communist Party said on Friday.
Reuters. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 07:23:02 -0400.
- Tiny Japanese baby ready to go home after five months
A tiny Japanese baby who weighed just 258g (9oz) when he was born five months ago is going home from hospital.
Irish Independent. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 11:21:13 +0100.
- Crowdfunded MusicLens Spent $2 Million To Create Bone-Conduction, Audio-Enabled Glasses
Liu Junyi made the Forbes Asia 30-Under-30 Consumer Tech list at age 24 for creating a music app with 15 million users. ...
By Suzie Dundas, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 09:30:00 +0000.
- India Power Distribution Tariffs Report 2019 - Gauging Impacts of New Tariff Norms - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN - The "Power Distribution Tariffs in India 2019 - Gauging Impacts of New Tariff Norms" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. ...
Business Wire. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 09:12:00 UTC.
- 'Not China First': China says sour grapes won't stop Belt and Road
China says 37 world leaders or heads of government will attend new forum, the US not among them.
Kirsty Needham. Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 17:18:36 +1000.
- India election: Man 'chops off own finger' after mistakenly voting for wrong candidate
Dalit (formerly untouchable) voter was enraged after realising he had accidentally cast ballot for Narendra Modi's ruling Hindu nationalist BJP
Adam Withnall. The Independent. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 07:14:00 GMT.
- China downplays political impact of global development push
BEIJING (AP) - China downplayed the political implications of its global Belt and Road infrastructure initiative, saying Friday that it aimed to boost multilateralism amid protectionist trends in the U.S. and elsewhere. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 01:18:53 -0400.
- India expected to surpass the UK for second place in payment card fraud
Prices for stolen Indian payment cards has also gone up by 150% in 2018 to around $17/card.
ZDNet. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 04:20:06 +0000.
- Alibaba head's remarks spark debate over China working hours
BEIJING (AP) - Chinese e-commerce tycoon Jack Ma has long been an example of how the power of big dreams, strong leadership and sheer elbow grease can create massive fortunes in China's go-go economy. ...
Christopher Bodeen and Wang Shanshan. Washington Times. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 00:05:07 -0400.
- Nintendo shares jump 17 percent after Tencent wins key China Switch sales approval
Nintendo's U.S.-listed shares rose 12 percent overnight after the Chinese province of Guangdong allowed Tencent to distribute the Switch console with a test version of the "New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe" game. ...
Yahoo. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 22:33:31 -0400.
- Coming soon to China: The car of the future
SHANGHAI (AFP) - Global automakers are positioning for a brave new world of on-demand transport that will require a car of the future - hyper-connected, autonomous, and shared - and China may become the concept's laboratory.
Straits Times. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 10:24:01 +0800.
- Amazon Gives Up on Chinese Domestic Shopping Business
The company had long struggled to gain traction in China despite operating there for more than a decade.
Karen Weise. New York Times. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 02:22:04 GMT.
- China's Economy Beats Growth Forecasts: 5 ETFs in Focus
The latest data suggests an upbeat Chinese economy. But, the uncertainty over the sustenance of the performance puts certain China ETFs in focus.
Sweta Jaiswal, Frm. Zacks. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 21:26:00 GMT.
- India suspends cross-border trade in Kashmir in new crackdown
Indian home ministry says armed groups were using the cross-border route to send arms, drugs and fake Indian currency.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 19:49:17 GMT.