- Trump coronavirus response questioned by Obama-linked WHO official after organization praises China
WHO has been quick to praise China for its coronavirus containment efforts, but experts question whether information coming out of the country can be trusted.
Alexandria Hein. Fox News. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 17:03:59 GMT.
- China may send ducks to battle Pakistan's locust swarms
The hungry ducks could be sent to eat the insects that are devouring crops in Pakistan, experts say.
BBC News. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 16:30:56 GMT.
- Coronavirus: Japan to close all schools to halt spread
The month-long closure will affect 13 million students, the government says.
BBC News. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 16:11:17 GMT.
- Japan closing schools for a month over coronavirus concerns
The closure affects 12.8 million students at 34,847 schools nationwide, the education ministry said.
Ap. ABC News. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 15:51:54 +0000.
- Stratasys (SSYS) Q4 Earnings and Revenues Miss Estimates
Stratasys' (SSYS) fourth-quarter results hurt by economic weakness in Europe and headwinds from Asia Pacific. However, consistent strong performance in the Americas is a positive.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 14:49:00 GMT.
- Coronavirus: millions of trips are at risk as BA cancels flights
The holiday plans of millions of Britons could be at risk after the number of coronavirus cases around the world overtook China for the first time.
Daily Mail. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 14:22:25 +0000.
- South Korea struggles to contain coronavirus outbreak
South Korea has confirmed 505 fresh cases of coronavirus infection, meaning it has overtaken China in new daily infection numbers.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 13:31:24 GMT.
- Huawei Releases Huawei ICT Academy Program 2.0, Set to Develop 2 Million ICT Professionals Over the Next Five Years
SHENZHEN, China, Feb. 27, 2020 -- At the Industrial Digital Transformation Conference-Live, Huawei officially released the Huawei ICT Academy Program 2.0. ...
PR Newswire. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 12:30:00 +0000.
- Furniture maker considering moving some production overseas
DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) - A Dubuque-based furniture manufacturer is considering moving some production of a signature product to Mexico and Asia. Flexsteel Industries Inc. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 06:56:13 -0500.
- Japan to close schools nationwide to control spread of virus
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has asked all primary, middle and high schools to remain closed until late March.
Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 21:30:45 +1100.
- In 'Minor Feelings,' Asian American Racial Trauma Is Laid Bare
Cathy Park Hong's essays serve as a major reckoning, pulling no punches as the author uses her life's flashpoints to give voice to a wider Asian American experience, one with cascading consequences.
Elise Hu. NPR. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 04:59:12 -0500.
- iPhone Contractors Face A Sluggish First Quarter Due To Coronavirus Outbreak
Apple's suppliers and assemblers from Taiwan are struggling to keep workers on the job and delivery channels open at their China factories.
By Ralph Jennings, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 09:00:00 +0000.
- Hundreds of new coronavirus cases reported in South Korea, China amid global containment concerns
As the worst-hit areas of Asia continued to struggle with a new virus, with hundreds more cases reported Thursday in South Korea and China, worries about infection and containment spread across the globe.
CBC News. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 03:27:45 EST.
- Standard Chartered warns on growth as Asia gripped by coronavirus
Standard Chartered has warned it is likely to grow below its target range as coronavirus continues to drag on the Asian economy.
Irish Independent. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 07:47:53 +0000.
- World shares slump after Trump announcement on virus plans
Shares fell in Europe and Asia on Thursday after President Donald Trump announced the U.S. was stepping up its efforts to combat the virus outbreak that began in China, as the number of cases surpassed 81,000. ...
Elaine Kurtenbach. Washington Times. Thu, 27 Feb 2020 01:38:17 -0500.
- Devs review: Nick Offerman plays a scruffy tech CEO in gripping FX miniseries - CNET
In this limited FX series on Hulu, Ex Machina writer and director Alex Garland is back to reflect on Silicon Valley transgressions and the ethical limits of technology.
Patricia Puentes. CNET. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 22:39:00 +0000.
- China's Chang'e probe discovers what's lurking beneath moon's far side - CNET
The first spacecraft to touch down on the far side of the moon takes a peek below the surface.
Jackson Ryan. CNET. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 21:50:00 +0000.
- Norway announces first case of coronavirus
Norwegian health authorities on Wednesday announced the first case of coronavirus in the Nordic nation in someone who returned from China last week, but said the patient was not "in danger".
The Local. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 21:53:28 +0100.
- MLily owner completes Mor acquisition
Healthcare Co. Ltd., the China-based owner of mattress manufacturer MLily USA, has completed the acquisition of Top 100 company Mor Furniture for Less. The post MLily owner completes Mor acquisition appeared first on Furniture Today.
Engel. Furniture Today. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 20:43:55 +0000.
- Complex local conditions keep fields of dunes from going active all at once
New research on sand dunes in China describes how even neighboring dunes can long remain in different and seemingly conflicting states -- confounding the assessment of stabilization efforts and masking the effects of climate change.
Science Daily. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 14:21:55 EST.