- Britain to consider tighter travel restrictions similar to Australia
British ministers are to discuss on Monday further tightening travel restrictions, the BBC reported on Saturday, adding that people arriving in the country could be required to quarantine in hotels.
Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 23 Jan 2021 23:32:21 +1100.
- No Covid rules to stop them hugging each other! Photographs show cute koalas cuddling at a park
Whilst locked down Britons can only dream of hugging their loved ones, these cute koalas have no problems at all as these cute photographs taken in the Australian Reptile Park show.
Daily Mail. Sat, 23 Jan 2021 01:57:01 +0000.
- Australian Open 2021: Andy Murray's hopes of playing in tournament over
Andy Murray will miss the Australian Open after failing to find a "workable quarantine" solution following his positive test for coronavirus.
BBC News. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:50:38 GMT.
- Google threatens to pull search engine in Australia over tech giants bill
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison quickly hit back, saying "we don't respond to threats."
Ap. ABC News. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:55:09 +0000.
- Google threatens to withdraw search engine from Australia
The tech giant says it will remove its main search function from Australia if it passes a new law.
BBC News. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:12:16 GMT.
- Google threatens to pull search engine in Australia
Google is threatening to make its search engine unavailable in Australia if the government proceeds with plans to make tech giants pay for news content
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 15:58:55 GMT.
- An Australia With No Google? The Bitter Fight Behind a Drastic Threat
The big tech platforms are facing a challenge unlike any other as Australia moves to make them pay for news.
Damien Cave. New York Times. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 14:11:00 +0000.
- Suspected shark attack in Australia as pieces of diving equipment found in search for missing man
Rescuers trying to track down an Australian man, who went missing while snorkelling, believe he may have been taken by a shark after they found pieces of diving equipment.
Sky News. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 11:43:00 +0000.
- Australia Day: Public attitudes to January 26 are shifting, experts say
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has previously described Australia Day, observed every January 26, as a chance for Australians from "all walks of life, from all backgrounds" to celebrate how far the country has ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 22 Jan 2021 13:22:13 +1200.
- Spanish tennis player says she tested positive for COVID-19
A Spanish tennis player ranked in the top 70 who was forced to quarantine in her hotel room after potentially being exposed to the coronavirus on an Australian Open charter flight says she tested positive for COVID-19.
Fox News. Thu, 21 Jan 2021 18:37:14 GMT.
- Facebook (FB) Faces Mounting Heat Over Media Market Monopoly
Facebook (FB) continues to face mounting criticism for misinformation handling and antitrust probes for violating competition law in Australia despite efforts to sustain brand value.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 20 Jan 2021 15:09:00 GMT.
- Is This The End For Tim Paine & Australia?
Tim Paine must be at the end of his tenure as Australia's captain after the final day debacle at the Gabba.
By Mike Meehall Wood, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 19 Jan 2021 23:51:11 -0500.
- 47 Australian Open players in hard quarantine after COVID cases
Tennis Australia says Grand Slam will begin on February 8 despite anger from players forced into hard quarantine.
Al Jazeera. Sun, 17 Jan 2021 07:40:12 +0000.
- Nearly 50 players to lose Australian Open practice time due to Covid-19
Forty-seven players were barred from practising for a fortnight Saturday in a major setback to their Australian Open preparations after passengers on two charter flights that brought them to Melbourne tested positive for Covid-19.
News Wires. France 24. Sat, 16 Jan 2021 18:04:28 GMT.
- Toadlet peptide transforms into a deadly weapon against bacteria
Researchers have discovered remarkable molecular properties of an antimicrobial peptide from the skin of the Australian toadlet. The discovery could inspire the development of novel synthetic drugs to combat bacterial infections.
Science Daily. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 16:38:51 EST.
- Rare shark attack in Australia's Swan River near Perth
The man was attacked by what was likely to be a 2-to-3 metre bull shark during a morning swimming off Perth's Blackwall Reach reserve, officials said.
Jerusalem Post. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 08:16:50 GMT.
- Australia Changes National Anthem Lyrics to Recognize Its Long Indigenous History
"Advance Australia Fair" no longer calls a nation with a 65,000-year history "young and free"
Smithsonian. Tue, 05 Jan 2021 11:00:00 +0000.
- James H. Baker, top Pentagon official, dismissed U.S. alliances with Taiwan, Australia
Retired Army Gen. Lloyd Austin, if confirmed as secretary of defense, will rejoin a senior adviser at the Pentagon who privately expressed some unconventional views on alliances with longtime U.S. ...
Rowan Scarborough. Washington Times. Mon, 04 Jan 2021 18:05:55 -0500.
- Asia Today: Australian states reimpose travel restrictions
SYDNEY (AP) - More Australian states and territories are reimposing travel restrictions to prevent the spreading of the coronavirus from new outbreaks in New South Wales and Victoria states. ...
Washington Times. Sat, 02 Jan 2021 22:14:40 -0500.
- Rublev thinks Thiem is best sparring partner, will work with him ahead of Australian Open
Earlier, the Russian told TASS that he had already started training for the prestigious tournament
Tass. Sat, 02 Jan 2021 02:11:26 +0300.
The Commonwealth of Australia is a Southern Hemisphere nation which
occupies the continent of Australia and a number of nearby islands.
Its capital city is Canberra, and its national currency is the Australian
Dollar. English is the primary language spoken by Australians, and
in 2020, Australia's estimated population was 25,499,884.
For more news and information about Australia, visit the official
website. For detailed maps of Australia, visit this
Australia map website.