- Small Leak Is Still Visible From Nord Stream 2 pipeline, Swedish Officials Say
Damage to the gas line was discovered last week under the Baltic Sea.
Melissa Eddy. New York Times. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 08:56:57 +0000.
- UK and allies meet to discuss pipeline security after blasts
British Defense Secretary Ben Wallace says the Joint Expeditionary Force alliance of nations will meet Monday to discuss the safety of undersea pipelines and cables after blasts ruptured two natural gas pipelines in the Baltic Sea
Jill Lawless. The Independent. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 09:58:46 GMT.
- Latvia Prime Minister Wins Election
The center-right New Unity party of Latvian Prime Minister Krisjanis Karins won Saturday's election, according to provisional results, with its 19% of the vote putting him in a position to head another coalition government. ...
Voice of America. Sun, 02 Oct 2022 04:47:23 -0400.
- Danes: Nord Stream 2 pipeline seems to have stopped leaking
The Danish Energy Agency says one of two ruptured natural gas pipelines in the Baltic Sea appears to have stopped leaking natural gas. ...
Voice of America. Sat, 01 Oct 2022 21:29:53 -0400.
- Nord Stream leaks leave Danish residents feeling 'vulnerable'
In the Baltic Sea, we're heading to a crime scene.
Sky News. Sat, 01 Oct 2022 09:49:00 +0100.
- Nord Stream leaks likely single largest methane release ever: UN
At least two massive underwater blasts caused this week's damage to the Baltic Sea gas pipelines and methane leaks.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 01 Oct 2022 04:45:27 +0000.
- Burst Pipelines in Baltic Sea May Be the Largest Methane Leak Ever
Some officials believe the cause was deliberate
Smithsonian. Fri, 30 Sep 2022 17:36:05 +0000.
- Sabotage in the Baltic: Nord Stream Attacks Expose Vulnerability of European Infrastructure
The search for the perpetrators has begun following Monday's sabotage attack on the Nord Stream pipelines. Which countries could have been behind it, and how secure is Europe's critical infrastructure at the bottom of the sea?
Spiegel Online. Fri, 30 Sep 2022 18:37:30 +0200.
- NATO Calls Nord Stream Leaks 'Deliberate, Reckless' Sabotage
NATO has voiced "deep concern" over the damage sustained by the Nord Stream pipelines in the Baltic Sea, calling the incidents "deliberate, reckless, and irresponsible acts of sabotage."
Radio Liberty. Thu, 29 Sep 2022 06:33:06 +0000.
- 'World War III anyone?': Trump shares video of Biden on Nord Stream 2 that Kremlin used to accuse US
The same video Trump shared of Biden was also used by the Russian government on Wednesday while suggesting the US was behind the explosions that led to the Baltic Sea leaks.
Daily Mail. Wed, 28 Sep 2022 18:24:58 GMT.
- Hungary urges oversight of Turkish Stream after Baltic Sea incident
The Turkish Stream pipeline starts at a compressor station near Anapa, goes under the Black Sea and makes landfall in northwestern Turkey
Tass. Wed, 28 Sep 2022 20:11:22 +0300.
- Record methane leak flows from damaged Baltic Sea pipelines
The Baltic States consist of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, and are
located along the eastern shore of the Baltic Sea. Visit the
government websites listed below for official news and information
about these Baltic nations.
The Republic of Estonia
is governed by an elected unicameral Parliament,
which elects a President. Estonia's capital city is Talinn, and
its national currency is the Kroon. The primary language used by
Estonians is Estonian and in 2020, the estimated population of Estonia
The Republic of Latvia is governed by an
elected Parliament, which elects
a President who, in turn, appoints a Prime Minister. Latvia's
capital city is Riga, and its national currency is the Lat.
The country's national language is Latvian and in 2020, the Latvia's
population was estimated at 1,886,198.
The Republic of Lithuania
is governed by a unicameral Parliament and an
elected President who appoints a Prime Minister. Lithuania's
capital city is Vilnius, and its national currency is the Litas.
The national language of Lithuania is Lithuanian, and in 2020, the
nation's estimated population was 2,722,289.