- Delay Brexit deadline amid coronavirus, say MEPS
The UK is due to stop following EU rules by the end of 2020 but a group of MEPs say the date should be pushed back.
BBC News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 21:13:23 GMT.
- Largest group of MEPs in EU demands UK extend Brexit transition period
The European People's Party said pushing back the deadline for trade talks to conclude is the 'only responsible thing to do' in the current circumstances.
Daily Mail. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 13:09:48 +0100.
- SNP urges UK government to 'hit pause' on Brexit due to coronavirus
The party says UK ministers should focus on the coronavirus pandemic and seek to extend the transition period.
BBC News. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 09:33:19 GMT.
- Cross-National Airline Groups And Brexit Complicate Government Coronavirus Intervention
The potential for government support for the multinational airline groups IAG and Air France-KLM is being complicated by private and public shares owned by multiple sovereign states in Europe and foreign entities.
By Marisa Garcia, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 23 Mar 2020 11:46:11 +0000.
- EU's Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier says he has tested positive for the coronavirus
The French civil servant has been in charge of all the negotiations between the European Union and the United Kingdom.
CNBC. Thu, 19 Mar 2020 12:08:50 GMT.
- Coronavirus live updates: UK prepares for lockdown; EU's chief Brexit negotiator has coronavirus
Preparations to shut down much of the U.K. appear to be in place with all schools set to close on Friday and public transport closures introduced in London. ...
CNBC. Thu, 19 Mar 2020 10:42:39 GMT.
- Brexit talks cancelled as UK 'prepares to seek extension'
Detailed Brexit trade negotiations planned for this week were cancelled yesterday, as government sources indicated the UK is now preparing to seek a mutually agreed extension to the Brexit negotiations in the coming weeks.
Irish Independent. Wed, 18 Mar 2020 02:30:00 +0000.
- Open Letter: More work is needed on Sweden's plans for Brits after Brexit
The Swedish government's proposals for post-Brexit permits for British citizens raise some areas for concern, writes David Milstead, of the Facebook group Brits in Sweden.
The Local. Wed, 04 Mar 2020 17:26:56 +0100.
- Will UK hotel investment see a post-Brexit bounce?
Investor confidence in the UK's hotel sector is set to return this year as Brexit uncertainty settles, providing opportunities for both buyers and sellers alike. ...
Hsyndicate. Tue, 03 Mar 2020 10:19:12 +0200.
- UK PM Johnson's Brexit Team Seeks to Evade Irish Sea Checks on Goods
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Brexit team has been ordered to come up with plans to "get around" the Northern Ireland protocol in the Brexit withdrawal agreement, the Sunday Times newspaper reported. ...
Newsmax. Sun, 23 Feb 2020 06:40:45 EDT.
- Boris's Age of Stone
Of all the fanciful Brexit border ideas, Boris Johnson has proposed a bridge from Scotland to Northern Ireland.
Tom Mckendrick. Sydney Morning Herald. Sun, 23 Feb 2020 00:00:00 +1100.
- Greece may demand U.K. return Parthenon Marbles in Brexit deal
European countries could use Brexit as an opportunity to take back priceless antiquities claimed by Britain.
CBS News. Wed, 19 Feb 2020 13:35:06 -0500.
- U.K.'s fight with Greece over ancient sculptures spills into Brexit tensions
A long-running dispute between Britain and Greece over ancient treasures has spilled into tensions over Brexit after a demand for the return of stolen cultural artifacts was added to the draft of a European Union negotiating mandate.
CBC News. Tue, 18 Feb 2020 17:05:15 EST.
- HSBC cuts headcount by 35,000 in deep overhaul
LONDON (AP) - HSBC will shed some 35,000 jobs as part of a deep overhaul to focus on faster-growing markets in Asia and as it tries to cope with a slew of global uncertainties, from Brexit to the trade wars to the new coronavirus. ...
Danica Kirka and Elaine Kurtenbach. Washington Times. Tue, 18 Feb 2020 01:48:59 -0500.
- With Britain out, the unwieldy EU faces major budget battle
BRUSSELS (AP) - The Brexit drama shook the foundations of the European Union for years and laid bare the need for much-delayed political renovations at the 27-nation bloc. ...
Raf Casert. Washington Times. Fri, 14 Feb 2020 02:27:05 -0500.
- Ireland election: Polls predict change to political landscape
The Irish PM was applauded for his handling of Brexit but voters care more about healthcare and housing.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 08 Feb 2020 08:23:49 GMT.
- U.K. finally leaves the EU, four years after Brexit vote
History is being made in Great Britain. It's divorce from the European Union became official nearly four years after the Brexit vote.
CBS News. Tue, 04 Feb 2020 10:35:46 -0500.
- Boris Johnson Is Already Battling With The EU Over Post-Brexit Trade Talks
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and the EU's chief Brexit negotiator delivered clashing speeches on Monday. A rough ride could be ahead when both parties sit down later this year to thrash out their future relationship.
By Isabel Togoh, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Mon, 3 Feb 2020 15:10:58 +0000.
- UK police probe Brexit posters demanding apartment block residents only speak English
British police are investigating posters that were placed in an apartment building over the weekend which warned residents that its unnamed author would not tolerate lang
ABC News. Mon, 03 Feb 2020 09:31:31 -0500.
- The Long, Uneasy Wait Is Over: Parties, Protests And Solemn Silence Greet Brexit
Some 43 months after the U.K. voted to leave the European Union, the day of divorce has finally arrived. Supporters and critics alike had their say; but largely, a somber mood welcomed the milestone.
Colin Dwyer. NPR. Fri, 31 Jan 2020 16:41:49 -0500.