- Tory leadership: Rivals clash over support for no-deal Brexit
Matt Hancock urges "brutal honesty" over Brexit as Rory Stewart says he would not serve under leadership favourite Boris Johnson.
BBC News. Sat, 25 May 2019 17:13:33 GMT.
- Rory Stewart rules out serving under Boris Johnson as he brands No-Deal Brexit 'damaging'
Tory leadership contender Rory Stewart has explicitly said he could not serve in a government led by Boris Johnson as he branded a No Deal Brexit 'dishonest'.
Daily Mail. Sat, 25 May 2019 14:07:18 GMT.
- What next for Brexit Britain as May announces resignation as PM?
The country's future and whether or not it will leave the EU are thrown into further uncertainty after May resigns.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 25 May 2019 07:41:56 GMT.
- Brexit downs May, sets stage for leadership battle
Theresa May's departure deepens the Brexit crisis as a new British leader faces a confrontation with the EU and a possible snap election.
Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 25 May 2019 16:13:49 +1000.
- U.K.'s Theresa May Resigns Acknowledging Failure To Deliver Brexit
Theresa May's term as prime minister has been one misstep after another, starting with calling an early election that left her weakened and without support to negotiate the U.K.'s exit from the E.U.
Frank Langfitt. NPR. Fri, 24 May 2019 17:07:00 -0400.
- May's relationship with EU was often rocky
British Prime Minister Theresa May had a sometimes rocky relationship with European leaders during Brexit negotiations
ABC News. Fri, 24 May 2019 15:47:16 -0400.
- British PM Theresa May to step down after multiple Brexit failures
British Prime Minister Theresa May says she will resign in two weeks after continued failures to negotiate a Brexit deal between Parliament and the European Union. ...
CBS News. Fri, 24 May 2019 18:33:29 +0000.
- France's Macron urges Brexit clarity after May resignation
President Emmanuel Macron says the EU needs to know quickly what the UK wants with Brexit.
BBC News. Fri, 24 May 2019 15:50:02 GMT.
- Emotional U.K. PM May says she'll resign amid Brexit backlash
May has infuriated hardline supporters of Britain's break from the European Union in her Conservative Party, and they are essentially forcing her out
CBS News. Fri, 24 May 2019 15:09:16 +0000.
- UK's Johnson says Britain should plan for no-deal Brexit
Britain should be prepared to walk out of the European Union without a deal if it is to negotiate a suitable exit agreement, British lawmaker and prime minister hopeful Boris Johnson said on Friday.
CNBC. Fri, 24 May 2019 13:17 GMT.
- Steve Bannon and George Galloway 'hug' in Kazakhstan after learning Theresa May has resigned
Trump campaign chief and former Labour MP are united in their desire for Brexit
Tom Embury-dennis. The Independent. Fri, 24 May 2019 12:52:30 GMT.
- Spain warns 'hard Brexit near impossible to stop' after May resigns
A no-deal Brexit appears inevitable after British Prime Minister Theresa May announced her resignation, paving the way for hardliners to take over, an increasingly assertive Spain warned on Friday.
The Local. Fri, 24 May 2019 13:59:40 +0200.
- The Latest: UK markets rise after May announces resignation
LONDON (AP) - The Latest on Brexit and Britain's political crisis (all times local): 11:50 a.m. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 24 May 2019 06:03:51 -0400.
- Tearful Theresa May Resigns Amid Brexit Failure
Fighting back tears, British Prime Minister Theresa May said on Friday she would quit, triggering a contest that will bring a new leader to power who is likely to push for a more decisive Brexit divorce deal.
Newsmax. Fri, 24 May 2019 05:58:15 EDT.
- Theresa May: A prime minister defined and defeated by Brexit
LONDON (AP) - Theresa May became prime minister in 2016 with one overriding goal: to lead Britain out of the European Union. Three years on, the U.K. is still in the EU, and May's time in 10 Downing St. ...
Jill Lawless. Washington Times. Fri, 24 May 2019 05:49:43 -0400.
- Theresa May To Resign As Prime Minister As Brexit Pressure Rises
Theresa May announced she would step down as Prime Minister on June 7 after failing to secure the support of her cabinet for her Brexit withdrawal plan.
By David Dawkins, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Fri, 24 May 2019 09:24:10 +0000.
- End of May in early June
British PM resigns next month amid Brexit chaos
Tass. Fri, 24 May 2019 12:14:01 +0300.
- Theresa May resigns as UK prime minister amid Brexit crisis
May had failed to win a parliamentary majority on Britain's withdrawal from the European Union.
CNBC. Fri, 24 May 2019 09:06 GMT.
- Nigel Farage's Brexit Party on course to come first in UK's European Elections, poll predicts
The Brexit Party is on course to win more than a third of votes in the European elections, a new poll has suggested.
Irish Independent. Thu, 23 May 2019 23:46:31 +0100.
- Nigel Farage blasted by rivals as they face thrashing from Brexit Party at European elections
Desperate Tory and Labour chiefs attacked Nigel Farage in a last-ditch bid to stop him trouncing them at the euro elections, as the nation goes to the polls tomorrow.
Martin Beckford. Fox News. Thu, 23 May 2019 00:24:00 GMT.