- Jeremy Corbyn gets on 'just fine' with Mark Drakeford
Jeremy Corbyn denied splits between UK and Welsh Labour on issues such as Brexit and MP reselection.
BBC News. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 17:24:55 GMT.
- Sir Paul McCartney: Brexit vote probably a mistake
The former Beatle speaks to BBC Newsnight as he releases a collection of Linda McCartney's personal Polaroids.
BBC News. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 16:00:56 GMT.
- Furious Number 10 hits back at EU's 'artificial 11 day deadline' to solve Brexit backstop problem
Downing Street has hit back hard at EU demands for Britain to hand over its backstop replacement proposals by the end of September.
Daily Mail. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 15:02:49 +0100.
- Brexit: UK Parliament case wrapping up in Supreme Court
UK's top court to decide whether suspension of parliament weeks before Brexit date was lawful.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 12:45:55 GMT.
- Bank of England holds rates, warns another Brexit delay could hurt economic growth
Central banks have been loosening monetary policy in recent weeks, amid intensifying worries about low inflation and slowing global growth.
CNBC. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 11:00 GMT.
- UK has until end of this month to come up with a Brexit proposal or 'it's over,' EU leaders say
The U.K. has until September 30 to make written proposals to replace the controversial Irish backstop or its relationship with the EU is over, the leaders of France and Finland agreed Wednesday.
CNBC. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 09:52 GMT.
- The Latest: Finnish PM: UK Brexit plan needed by month's end
LONDON (AP) - The Latest on Britain's departure from the European Union (all times local): 9:30 a.m. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 04:35:08 -0400.
- Brexit: Migration Agency to answer Brits' questions at embassy town hall meeting
The British Embassy is set to hold a town hall meeting together with the Migration Agency next month to answer questions UK nationals in Sweden have about their Brexit status.
The Local. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 08:48:13 +0200.
- Brits Are Not Buying Luxury Properties In France Anymore, Because Of Brexit
The number of British buyers of luxury property in France has dropped by 40% in less than five years due to Brexit and the weakening of the pound sterling.
By Emanuele Midolo, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 18 Sep 2019 19:15:44 -0400.
- How Will No-Deal Brexit Chaos Affect Developing Economies?
Developing economies could face disruption from the shockwaves of Britain crashing out of the European Union with no deal, according to analysts. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 18 Sep 2019 06:08:43 -0400.
- Boon for UK households as inflation falls to near 3-year low
LONDON (AP) - Inflation in Britain fell to a near three-year low in August, official figures showed Wednesday, a boon for households at a time of acute Brexit uncertainty. ...
Pan Pylas. Washington Times. Wed, 18 Sep 2019 04:46:06 -0400.
- EU chief says the risk of a no-deal Brexit 'remains very real'
European Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker says the risk of Britain leaving the European Union without a divorce deal remains "very real."
CBC News. Wed, 18 Sep 2019 04:29:25 EDT.
- Amid Brexit Fatigue, Hoteliers Converge in Manchester to Talk UK Market
It's wild times in the UK. At least that's the perception of this here Yankee. Regardless of politics, ever since Jan. ...
Hsyndicate. Wed, 18 Sep 2019 09:15:22 +0200.
- Brexit Uncertainties Will Continue To Haunt Business Prospects In The United Kingdom
Swiss civil servants work to implement the results immediately after a referendum. In Great Britain, on the other hand, it has been more than three years since the Brexit vote, and most U.K. ...
By Alejandro Chafuen, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 17 Sep 2019 13:16:00 -0400.
- Boris Johnson branded 'Incredible Sulk' after dodging Brexit protest
On the weekend the UK prime minister compared himself to the Hulk. But would the Hulk have skipped a press conference because of some noisy booing?
Nick Miller. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 17 Sep 2019 06:06:31 +1000.
- Irish ambassador on Brexit uncertainty for U.K.-Ireland border
This week on "The Takeout," Major Garrett and Irish Ambassador Daniel Mulhall discuss Brexit, the relationship between President Trump and U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson and progressivism in Irish politics.
CBS News. Sun, 15 Sep 2019 17:12:57 -0400.
- David Cameron: 'Every day I think of the Brexit referendum and the fact that we lost'
He was so confident about securing the EU referendum for Remain that he boasted to fellow European leaders that he was a "lucky" prime minister who knew "how to win".
Irish Independent. Sat, 14 Sep 2019 02:30:00 +0100.
- Brexit could make thousands of kids in U.K. undocumented immigrants
Child advocacy groups say it could be difficult for about 5,000 young people under state guardianship in Britain to gain legal residency if the U.K. crashes out of the EU
CBS News. Wed, 11 Sep 2019 21:19:22 +0000.
- Fitch: Trade Policy Disruption Is 'Darkening' Global Economic Outlook
The escalation in the ongoing U.S.-China trade war and the prospect of a no-deal Brexit are among trade policy disruptions that are "darkening" the global economic outlook, Fitch Ratings said.
Newsmax. Tue, 10 Sep 2019 10:39:46 EDT.
- No-deal Brexit delay bill gains royal assent, comes into force
PM Johnson continues to insist that he will not request any extension from the EU, reiterating that the country will leave the EU on October 31
Tass. Mon, 09 Sep 2019 18:15:15 +0300.