- Bye-bye Brexit: History haunts German woman leaving UK to avoid 'chaos'
Actor Sonja Morgenstern, a German national who has lived in London since 1996, packed up and moved back to Nuremberg this week in hopes of rediscovering the peace and certainty she lost when Britain voted for Brexit in 2016.
Reuters. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 23:02:34 -0500.
- May faces 100-MP revolt as moderate Tories pledge to delay Brexit to avoid No Deal
Rebel Tories now sense there are enough MPs across the House of Commons to pass the Cooper Amendment - which extends Article 50 beyond the departure date of March 29.
Daily Mail. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 02:29:08 +0000.
- Jo Swinson to slam Brexit and independence in conference speech
Lib Dem deputy leader to open the party's Scottish conference with claims they are "destroying the country".
BBC News. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 01:29:03 GMT.
- Brexit: Theresa May warned dozens of Tories could rebel over no-deal
Leaders of a group of normally loyal Conservative MPs warn Theresa May over her Brexit strategy.
BBC News. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 01:08:35 GMT.
- PM facing fresh rebellion by Tory MPs opposed to no-deal Brexit
Theresa May is facing the threat of a new rebellion by Conservative MPs intent on avoiding a no-deal Brexit.
Sky News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 23:20:00 +0000.
- How Brexit Will Affect British Nationals And Trade In The EU
Amid continuing uncertainty over Brexit in Britain, countries across the European Union are making preparing for a UK exit - hard or soft. ...
By Roger Aitken, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 15:20:00 -0500.
- UK says focus in Brexit talks is now backstop guarantees
Britain's Brexit ministry said after talks in Brussels on Thursday that the focus of negotiations was now on getting new guarantees on the temporary nature of the Irish backstop. ...
Yahoo. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 12:53:55 -0500.
- The Latest: UK says trade deals won't be ready by Brexit day
The Latest on Britain's withdrawal from the European Union (all times local): 3:55 p.m.
Fox News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 16:24:16 GMT.
- Life After Brexit: Sustainability And The European Regional Development Fund
Infrastructure and sustainable development projects in the United Kingdom benefiting from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) have been left with a sense of uncertainty as the Brexit date looms.
By James Ellsmoor, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 09:23:00 -0500.
- Northern France insists it's ready for Brexit after sounding alarm
Northern France, with its huge ports and historic trading links to the UK, has more to fear than most if Britain makes a messy exit from the European Union, but the region's chief insists everything is ready, even if there's no deal.
The Local. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 12:26:23 +0100.
- EU's Juncker 'not very optimistic' on Brexit deal after meeting with UK leader May
Britain and Northern Ireland are set to leave the European union in less than 5 weeks.
CNBC. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 11:12 GMT.
- EU's Juncker: Not optimistic no-deal Brexit can be avoided
BRUSSELS (AP) - EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker says despite constructive talks with British Prime Minister Theresa May he remains downbeat on the prospect of Britain avoiding a chaotic exit from the bloc next month. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 06:00:17 -0500.
- Barclays sets aside millions to deal with Brexit uncertainty
LONDON (AP) - British bank Barclays says it set aside 150 million pounds ($196 million) to deal with economic uncertainty as Britain prepares to leave the European Union. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 05:02:58 -0500.
- No-deal Brexit could cause food prices to soar by 45%, retailers warn
Food and drink production will be more expensive due to a combination of higher tariffs and new regulatory checks, experts say
Caitlin Morrison. The Independent. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 08:30:00 +0000.
- Fitch warns of British debt downgrade on 'hard' Brexit risk
New York (AFP) - Ratings agency Fitch warned on Wednesday (Feb 20) that it could cut Britain's debt rating, citing the economic hit from a potential no-deal Brexit.
Straits Times. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 10:46:39 +0800.
- Disgusted by Brexit hardliners, three MPs abandon the Tories
With Britain's chaotic departure from the European Union just weeks away, three prominent MPs abruptly resigned from Prime Minister Theresa May's Conservative Party, saying the Government has surrendered control to reckless, ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 09:36:23 +1200.
- The Latest: UK's May, EU's Juncker say talks 'constructive'
British Prime Minister Theresa May and European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker say they had a "constructive" dinner meeting and plan to meet again before the end of the month to assess progress in the Brexit negotiations
ABC News. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 15:08:28 -0500.
- Three Tory MPs quit party to join Independent Group over Brexit
Anna Soubry, Sarah Wollaston and Heidi Allen quit Conservative party to join group founded by ex-Labour MPs.
Al Jazeera. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 15:17:46 GMT.
- Three lawmakers quit UK leader Theresa May's party citing 'disastrous' Brexit deal
Three U.K. lawmakers from Britain's ruling Conservative Party have quit to join a new centrist group in parliament, saying the government's handling of Brexit has been "disastrous."
CNBC. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:44 GMT.
- Honda's U.K. plant closure adds to rising Brexit worries
The decision threatens at least 3,500 jobs, making uncertainty about Britain's divorce from the EU even worse
CBS News. Tue, 19 Feb 2019 20:24:25 +0000.