- Time to Buy Global Low-Volatility ETFs?
As tensions rise around the Strait of Hormuz, exports continue to slump in major Asian nations and Brexit uncertainty lingers, investors can bet on these low-volatility global ETFs.
Sanghamitra Saha. Zacks. Fri, 19 Jul 2019 17:00:00 GMT.
- Voters want No Deal Brexit or no Brexit AT ALL says new poll showing public is very divided
Voters on both sides of the Brexit divide have lost their appetite for another delay to the decision on whether to quit and whether to revoke the Article 50 process and stay within the trade block.
Daily Mail. Fri, 19 Jul 2019 16:32:49 +0100.
- Philip Hammond will 'not exclude' backing no confidence vote to stop no-deal Brexit
The chancellor says he'll do "everything in my power" to stop a no-deal Brexit.
BBC News. Fri, 19 Jul 2019 14:04:00 GMT.
- The Latest: Merkel: Britain will "find its way" on Brexit
BRUSSELS (AP) - The Latest on Britain's impending departure from the European Union (all times local): 12:45 p.m. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 19 Jul 2019 06:49:44 -0400.
- UK lawmakers warn citizens' rights at risk in no-deal Brexit
BRUSSELS (AP) - British lawmakers were meeting with the European Union's chief Brexit negotiator on Friday, seeking an iron-clad guarantee that the 1.3 million U.K. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 19 Jul 2019 04:45:30 -0400.
- The Papers: Brexit 'day of drama' and Ryanair strike threat
A vote by MPs aimed at blocking a no-deal Brexit dominates the front pages of many newspapers.
BBC News. Thu, 18 Jul 2019 22:28:54 GMT.
- 'No-deal' Brexit dealt blow by UK parliament
MPs back bid to block suspension of parliament as Brexit crisis rumbles on.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 18 Jul 2019 19:22:04 GMT.
- UK lawmakers back bid to hamper a no-deal Brexit
British lawmakers on Thursday backed proposals to make it harder for the next prime minister to force through a no-deal Brexit by suspending parliament.
CNBC. Thu, 18 Jul 2019 13:32 GMT.
- Brexit Conundrum Continues
It will now take an extreme crisis to kill Brexit. But in the long term the U.K. market is a buy, because the major drag on it is the uncertainty, not Brexit itself.
By Clem Chambers, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 18 Jul 2019 13:32:00 +0000.
- UK may be entering a full-blown recession, budget watchdog says
Britain might be entering a full-blown recession and a no-deal Brexit could more than double the country's budget deficit next year, the watchdog for public finances said on Thursday.
CNBC. Thu, 18 Jul 2019 11:21 GMT.
- Brexit: UK urged to reach out to Brits in rural France who face 'being left out in the cold'
Worries are growing that thousands of Brits in rural France are still unaware of just how Brexit could impact them, especially in the event of a no-deal, because the UK government is not doing enough to reach them. ...
The Local. Thu, 18 Jul 2019 13:09:19 +0200.
- Boris Johnson Says Brexit Deadline Must Not Be Seen as 'Phony'
U.K. leadership front-runner Boris Johnson said it would be "insane now" to say the government might not deliver Brexit by Oct. ...
Newsmax. Fri, 12 Jul 2019 15:19:12 EDT.
- Forget The US: Nine New Markets For British Exporters Post Brexit
The US isn't the only game in town for exporters post-Brexit - these markets also offer huge potential for entrepreneurs.
By David Prosser, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 12 Jul 2019 11:03:00 +0000.
- DFS profits on track but Brexit uncertainty looms
DFS has affirmed its profit outlook for the year, but pointed to the weaker backdrop caused by ongoing Brexit uncertainty.
Irish Independent. Thu, 11 Jul 2019 08:27:33 +0100.
- Midsummer madness: U.K. roiled by resignation, Brexit, Boris Johnson in the wings
The brouhaha over the British ambassador to Washington's resignation would be a major scandal at the best of times, but coming as it does lashed to Brexit uncertainty and the Conservative leadership race, it has hit the U.K. ...
CBC News. Wed, 10 Jul 2019 14:16:58 EDT.
- Facebook executive says there's 'no evidence' Russians influenced Brexit vote - CNET
The social network ran two analyses in the runup to the 2016 referendum.
Queenie Wong. CNET. Mon, 24 Jun 2019 20:58:53 +0000.
- UK PM hopeful Hunt says would go for no-deal Brexit if EU doesn't shift
Jeremy Hunt, the underdog in the race to be next British prime minister, said he would take the United Kingdom out of the European Union without a deal on Oct. 31 if the EU had not showed it was willing to renegotiate the Brexit deal. ...
Yahoo. Sat, 22 Jun 2019 12:40:11 -0400.
- Associated Press: EU leaders rule out reopening Brexit deal
European Union leaders are underlining that their divorce agreement with Britain cannot be renegotiated regardless of who becomes the next prime minister there. Read more here. ...
Helen Mukhina. Kyiv Post. Fri, 21 Jun 2019 11:32:38 +0000.
- Amazon isn't the only threat keeping Walgreens up at night
Mounting fears of a "hard" Brexit and an escalating tariff battle between the U.S. and China are compounding anxieties at the drugstore chain.
Dalton Barker. Modern Healthcare. Mon, 17 Jun 2019 13:47:15 EDT.
- Brexit 'extraordinarily badly handled', says Lendlease boss
Lendlease is exposed to the machinations of the UK government over the decision to exit the EU given it has more than $30 billion of projects on foot in the UK.
Sarah Danckert. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 11 Jun 2019 00:00:00 +1000.