- General election 2019: Boris Johnson vows to end Brexit 'groundhoggery'
The UK can't afford to "squander" more time, the Tory leader will say in his first big election speech.
BBC News. Wed, 13 Nov 2019 01:14:48 GMT.
- Brexit: Claims about EU tax rules fact-checked
People keep claiming on social media that a tax avoidance deadline has been driving the Brexit agenda.
BBC News. Wed, 13 Nov 2019 00:38:09 GMT.
- Nigel Farage won't make Brexit Party stand down in MORE seats
Nigel Farage was tonight warned by his political ally Arron Banks that he has '48 hours to save Brexit' and that he must stand down more of his party's election candidates.
Daily Mail. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 21:41:20 +0000.
- Cyberattack hits Labour Party ahead of election
Meanwhile, Brexit Party activists are turning on their leader after he unceremoniously dropped 300 candidates.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 15:47:36 GMT.
- Wall Street Edge: Brexit Jeopardizes Fragile Euro Integration
Real turbulence will come from Brexit's impact on the euro.
By Bill Rearden, Communityvoice. Forbes. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 13:00:00 +0000.
- Farage signs non-aggression pact with Tories in boost for Boris
Brexit Party leader stands down hundreds of candidates in a tactical move to avoid splitting the pro-Brexit vote.
Nick Miller. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 07:35:47 +1100.
- Election gift for Boris Johnson: U.K. Brexit Party stands down in Conservative seats
U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson won the most significant boost of his election campaign to date, after Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage said he would not contest 317 seats where the Conservative Party won in 2017.
CBC News. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 09:42:27 EST.
- Sterling jumps as Brexit Party's Farage says he will not challenge Conservative seats at election
Sterling has risen sharply after Nigel Farage said his Brexit Party will not contest any of the 317 seats won by the ruling Conservative Party at the last election.
CNBC. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 12:29 GMT.
- Greggs upgrades profits forecast as Brexit extension avoids disruption
Greggs has revealed that sales jumped in the last six weeks, meaning profits are now expected to be higher than first thought, the sausage roll specialist said.
Irish Independent. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 07:45:03 +0000.
- Moody's downgrades outlook on UK's rating on Brexit paralysis
Moody's warned on Friday it might further cut its rating on Britain's sovereign debt, saying Brexit had eroded the country's ability to tackle the challenge of its high levels of borrowing.
CNBC. Fri, 08 Nov 2019 23:53 GMT.
- As Brexit Continues To Divide Britain, A New Genocide Response Initiative Aims To Unite
On November 4, 2019, a few British Parliamentarians and experts have launched a new venture to address the issue of genocide.
By Ewelina U. Ochab, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 4 Nov 2019 22:26:52 +0000.
- The battle of Brexit
The divorce between Britain and the European Union started in June 2016. Closure doesn't appear to be coming anytime soon. Jon Wertheim reports.
CBS News. Mon, 04 Nov 2019 17:04:41 -0500.
- Calling for order during shouting matches in parliament over Brexit
For over three years, British Parliament has raged over Brexit. Sunday, 60 Minutes speaks to John Bercow, the man who was charged with bringing order to the madness
CBS News. Mon, 04 Nov 2019 17:00:31 -0500.
- Swiss and UK government come to Brexit no-deal agreement
The Swiss and UK governments have met in London to sign a guarantee to preserve existing social security rights between the two nations in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
The Local. Fri, 01 Nov 2019 15:36:20 +0100.
- Top ETF Stories of October
Announcement of phase-one trade deal, Fed rate cut, moderate earnings, marijuana crash and Brexit extension regulated the ETF world in October.
Sanghamitra Saha. Zacks. Fri, 01 Nov 2019 13:00:00 GMT.
- As Brexit deadline moves once again, many left wondering what comes next: Analysis
The UK will have a general election on December 12.
ABC News. Thu, 31 Oct 2019 07:38:49 -0400.
- Britain Braces For New Vote In December That Could Ease The Path To Brexit
Prime Minister Boris Johnson sought an early general election in the hope of gaining ground in Parliament in support of the question that has roiled British politics since 2016: leaving the EU.
Richard Gonzales. NPR. Tue, 29 Oct 2019 19:49:45 -0400.
- EU Grants New Brexit Delay to Jan. 31
'Flextension' agreed upon means that the UK will be able to leave earlier if the Brexit deal secured by Prime Minister Boris Johnson is ratified before Jan. 31
Voice of America. Mon, 28 Oct 2019 05:34:48 -0400.
- UK Opposition Parties Suggest Dec. 9 Vote in Brexit Gambit
Parties also plan to ask EU leaders to extend the Brexit deadline to at least Jan. 31 to provide more time to debate Boris Johnson's withdrawal agreement.
Voice of America. Sun, 27 Oct 2019 07:20:08 -0400.
- Boris Johnson launches bid for December election to break Brexit impasse
Boris Johnson will launch an attempt to hold a general election in Britain on December 12 to "get Brexit done."
Chris Irvine. Fox News. Thu, 24 Oct 2019 16:27:31 GMT.