- Brexit: There will be no automatic deportation for EU citizens - No 10
So far more than 2.7 million EU citizens have applied for settled status after Brexit in the UK.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 12:53:43 GMT.
- Keir Starmer 'could shun rival Rebecca Long-Bailey for most senior jobs'
A senior backer of shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer said he would be unlikely to install Ms Long-Bailey in the crucial post of shadow chancellor as she lacks 'experience'.
Daily Mail. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 11:25:30 +0000.
- Brexit relationship: EU reveals clues ahead of talks with UK
Presentation slides published online give an insight into how the future relationship might pan out.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 02:49:30 GMT.
- Global outlook "darkening," World Economic Forum warns
The group behind annual Davos conference cites U.S.-China trade tensions, Brexit and nationalism as top concerns
CBS News. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 17:06:39 -0500.
- Boris Johnson's battle to have Big Ben bong for Brexit appears defeated
Boris Johnson appears to have admitted defeat in his battle for Big Ben to bong for Brexit.
Irish Independent. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 13:08:47 +0000.
- Prince Harry and Meghan: Welcome to Canada, but pay your own bills
It's remarkable that news of Meghan, Harry and Archie's planned Brexit to Canada has really only led to a single central question about whether Canada will pay their security costs, writes Taylor Noakes.
CBC News. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 10:54:40 EST.
- Brits living in Europe warned of post-Brexit 'consequences'
'Concrete consequences' will follow for EU and UK citizens as Britain does away with freedom of movement, the EU's chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier has warned.
The Local. Tue, 14 Jan 2020 18:35:05 +0100.
- Brexit enters its Harry and Meghan phase
It's hard to imagine what new UK-EU relations will look like, but it's clear that getting there will be messy.
Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 13 Jan 2020 04:03:52 +1100.
- Unpredictability For Hotels In Advance Of Brexit
Duetto sits down with Jonathan Liu of GLH Hotels, Neetu Mistry of Cycas Hospitality and Joe Pettigrew of Starwood Capital Group to discuss how hotels can prepare amid Brexit ...
Hsyndicate. Sat, 11 Jan 2020 12:01:51 +0200.
- UK economy, not Brexit, will drive the pound in 2020, analysts say
The pound will react more to U.K. economic indicators than Brexit in the first half of 2020, according to currency strategists.
CNBC. Fri, 10 Jan 2020 06:57:45 GMT.
- UK Parliament approves Boris Johnson's Brexit deal
UK prime minister succeeded where his predecessor repeatedly failed; getting Brexit legislation through Commons.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 09 Jan 2020 18:00:59 GMT.
- UK retail sales "worst on record" in 2019
UK retail sales had their worst year on record in 2019, new figures show, as shop closures, company voluntary arrangements, job losses and the prospect of a no-deal Brexit all took their toll.
Just Style. Thu, 09 Jan 2020 13:21:00 GMT.
- EU's Official: No-Deal Is More Harmful for Britain than EU
The European Union's chief Brexit negotiator said Thursday that if Britain wants as much access as possible to the bloc's market after it leaves, it won't have unfettered freedom to subsidize its industry. ...
Newsmax. Thu, 09 Jan 2020 05:38:43 EDT.
- Boris Johnson to push for a speedy trade deal in new Brexit talks with EU
Disagreement over Brexit trade talks will likely come to a head when Prime Minister Boris Johnson meets the European Commission chief.
CNBC. Wed, 08 Jan 2020 07:23:54 GMT.
- As Brexit Nears, Fears Of An NHS Sell-Out Resurface
What the U.S. may target is a dismantling, or watering down, of restrictions with respect to NHS price setting and reimbursement of pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
By Joshua Cohen, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 6 Jan 2020 14:41:15 +0000.
- Uncharted Brexit waters: UK's Boris Johnson faces 2020 tests
LONDON (AP) - After a remarkable political turnaround, Prime Minister Boris Johnson is on the verge of taking Britain out of the European Union with the enthusiastic support of a strong majority in Parliament. ...
Gregory Katz. Washington Times. Fri, 03 Jan 2020 02:57:22 -0500.
- Climate change, Brexit divorce: EU faces challenges in 2020
BRUSSELS (AP) - December served up a warning of the massive challenges ahead for the European Union. ...
Raf Casert. Washington Times. Wed, 01 Jan 2020 02:26:15 -0500.
- London Calling: U.K. hopes to "get Brexit done" for cheerful 2020
In this week's London Calling, will 2020 be the year the U.K. finally gets Brexit done and can return to some semblance of normalcy? Simon Bates has more.
CBS News. Tue, 31 Dec 2019 17:35:23 -0500.
- The New Year Is Going To Be Excruciating For Europe
Following the U. K. general election that saw the Conservative Party gain a majority of 80 seats it is clear Brexit will happen; i.e. the U. K. will exit the EU on January 31, 2020.
By Stephen Pope, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 24 Dec 2019 00:35:31 +0000.
- 5 Market-Beating Sector ETFs of 2019
Braving all hurdles including recession fears, trade dispute, Brexit and geopolitical tensions, Wall Street has enjoyed a huge rally this year with all the three major indices hitting record highs lately.
Sweta Killa. Zacks. Mon, 23 Dec 2019 15:10:00 GMT.