Businesses provide the means by which goods and services are exchanged
and the basis for the economy on a local, national, and global
scale. They may provide consumer products, consumer services,
durable goods such as refrigerators and televisions, capital goods such
as machinery and commercial vehicles, raw materials such as wheat and
corn, semi-finished goods such as computer components, finished goods
such as cars and trucks, or business services such as insurance and
banking. Business has always been strongly influenced by the
economic climate and world events. In turn, the health of the
business sector greatly influences the economy.
Browse the headlines below to find relevant and up-to-date business news
from around the globe.
- South Grand's City Diner has closed
The institution along St. Louis' South Grand business district had operated since 1992.
Jacob Kirn. American City Business Journals. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 16:53:09 +0000.
- United Airlines pays Archer Aviation $10 million as it maps air taxi plans
United said the deposit marks a "new important phase" in its plans to use Archer's eVTOLs as it maps out plans to get into the air taxi business.
Cromwell Schubarth. American City Business Journals. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 16:32:40 +0000.
- Jan 6, Mar-a-Lago and a golf course: The investigations Donald Trump is facing
The former president, his business and allies are under scrutiny for tax fraud allegations, real estate practices and a plot to steal the 2020 election
Alex Woodward. The Independent. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 15:47:28 GMT.
- Famous Georgetown Cupcake Temporarily Shut By D.C. Health Department
Georgetown Cupcake told Forbes the closure will not affect its nationwide shipping business.
By Derek Saul, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 10:53:16 -0400.
- FUJIFILM (FUJIY) Q1 Earnings Decline, Revenues Increase Y/Y
FUJIFILM's (FUJIY) first-quarter (ended Jun 30, 2022) performance benefits from strength across all business segment.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 14:38:00 GMT.
- Welcome back, PM: Boris Johnson makes surprise appearance at crunch meeting with energy bosses
The outgoing Prime Minister joined Chancellor Nadhim Zahawi and Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng as they grilled gas and electricity company executives over soaring prices.
Daily Mail. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 15:36:29 +0100.
- Erdogan and Putin: Complicated Relations With Mutual Benefits
Turkey needs Russian cash, gas and business as Erdogan looks to a dicey election and a new incursion in Syria, while Moscow needs friends to try to evade Western sanctions.
Steven Erlanger. New York Times. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 13:02:51 +0000.
- One in 20 big businesses have offered workers a cost-of-living bonus
Around 5% of businesses with 250 or more employees have offered a one-off cost-of-living payment to their workers in the last three months.
Sky News. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 09:53:00 +0100.
- Wizz Air cuts most flights from city airport
They will stop flights to nine destinations from mid-September as they are not "commercially viable".
BBC News. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 06:57:43 GMT.
- India woman's post on Pakistani friend wins hearts on social media
The two women met at Harvard Business School and found they had more similarities than differences.
BBC News. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 05:41:53 GMT.
- Old Arthur's Barbecue sauce, rubs become booming BBQ business after recipe passed down generations
It's a family recipe that is now being sold in local grocery stores and is winning competitions.
Wls. ABC News. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 01:40:22 +0000.
- Biden 'cautious' on China tariffs after Pelosi's trip to Taiwan, commerce chief says
Biden is weighing the future of tariffs on more than US$300 billion (S$400 billion) of goods.
Straits Times. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 04:16:46 +0800.
- Donald Trump pleads the Fifth while testifying in civil investigation into business dealings
Donald Trump invoked his Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination as he testified under oath Wednesday in the New York attorney general's long-running civil investigation into his business dealings, the former ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 06:07:58 +1200.
- Justice Department gearing up for new antitrust lawsuit against Google: Report
The Biden administration may launch a new offensive against Google this fall aimed at the tech giant's advertising business, escalating the government's battle with Big Tech to new heights.
Ryan Lovelace. Washington Times. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 10:50:00 -0400.
- 'Business In Blood': New Reports Of 'Putin's Chef' Trawling Jails For Mercenaries
A businessman known as "Putin's chef" has now developed "a taste for business in blood," according to a leading Russian campaigner for prisoners' rights. ...
Radio Liberty. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 11:05:22 +0000.
- Indian commerce minister states lack of possibilities for free trade zone talks with EAEU
It is reported that India and the EAEU completed preliminary expert consultations on the free trade zone formation in December 2021
Tass. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 11:59:31 +0300.
- The 5-star apps that can better your business
There have been only a handful of 5-star ratings since Craig Rowe began writing this column in 2015. That rank typically means an innovation is standing on its own, and that within its category, it shines.
Craig C. Rowe. Inman. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 08:44:37 +0000.
- Serena Williams reveals plans to expand her family
Grand Slam champ Serena Williams has announced she will "evolve away from tennis" next month to focus on family and other business ventures.
Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 06:32:10 +1000.
- 'We're staying': Biden pledges federal help for Kentucky flood victims
President Biden on Monday vowed that the full power of the federal government will help victims of devastating flooding in eastern Kentucky that killed 37 people and destroyed homes and businesses.
Jeff Mordock. Washington Times. Mon, 08 Aug 2022 15:49:00 -0400.
- Biden's risk-averse foreign policy is risky business for Americans
Biden's foreign policy tries to avoid risk in a risky world. That jeopardizes American interests on everything from China relations to climate change.
James Jay Carafano. Fox News. Mon, 08 Aug 2022 09:00:45 GMT.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
Business News Articles