- Armenian Foreign Minister arrives in Moscow
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan is in Moscow on a short-term working visit
Tass. Wed, 21 Oct 2020 01:45:48 +0300.
- UN Security Council Calls On Armenia, Azerbaijan To Respect Cease-Fire
The UN Security Council called on Armenia and Azerbaijan to respect a new cease-fire after closed consultations on October 19 on the situation in the breakaway region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
Radio Liberty. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 00:47:44 +0000.
- System Of A Down Singer Serj Tankian Talks Armenia-Azerbaijan Conflict, Response From Trump And Biden
Armenian-American vocalist Serj Tankian discusses the ongoing conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan in Nagorno-Karabakh.
By Derek Scancarelli, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 19 Oct 2020 16:20:00 -0400.
- At Front Lines of a Brutal War: Death and Despair in Nagorno-Karabakh
Times journalists find civilians huddling in basements as a three-week-old conflict over the disputed Caucasus territory hints of a long and punishing fight.
Anton Troianovski. New York Times. Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:31:44 +0000.
- Nagorno-Karabakh: Armenia-Azerbaijan truce broken minutes after deal
Each accuses the other of violating a humanitarian ceasefire agreed on Saturday.
BBC News. Sun, 18 Oct 2020 13:31:08 GMT.
- Nagorno-Karabakh: Armenia accuses Azerbaijan of violating new truce
Armenia says Azerbaijan violated a humanitarian ceasefire within minutes early on Sunday.
BBC News. Sun, 18 Oct 2020 00:59:56 GMT.
- Azerbaijani drone strikes pick off Karabakh artillery
The red mulberry trees meant to conceal them were not enough: Azerbaijani night-time drone strikes destroyed seven artillery guns in a field in Karmir Shuka, in southeast Nagorno Karabakh.
Yahoo. Sat, 17 Oct 2020 12:43:22 -0400.
- Azerbaijan Says 12 Killed, 40 Wounded in Missile Attack on Ganja
Azerbaijan accuses Armenian forces of firing from two separate locations.
Voice of America. Sat, 17 Oct 2020 03:35:48 -0400.
- Shaky Nagorno-Karabakh ceasefire faces collapse as Russia mulls its next move
Despite the Russia-brokered ceasefire between Armenia and Azerbaijan agreed on 8 October, fighting in the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region continued at the time ...
Janes 360. Thu, 15 Oct 2020 08:05:23 Z.
- Nagorno-Karabakh ceasefire teeters on the brink of collapse
Azerbaijan and ethnic Armenian forces have accused each other of launching new attacks in and around Nagorno-Karabakh.
Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 13 Oct 2020 03:31:22 +1100.
The Caucasus States consist of Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia.
They are located in the Caucasus Mountains, between the Black Sea to
the west and the Caspian Sea to the east. The Caucasus region
includes adjoining areas of the Russian Federation as well.
For official news and information about the nations of the Caucasus,
visit the government websites highlighted below.
The Republic of Armenia's capital city is Yerevan, and its currency is
the Dram. Armenian is the principal language of Armenia, and the
nation's estimated population in 2020 was 2,963,243.
The Azerbaijan Republic's
capital city is Baku, and its currency is the Manat. Azerbaijan's
primary language is Azeri, and in 2020, its estimated population was
Georgia's capital city
is Tbilisi, and its currency is the Lari.
Georgian and Russian are the primary languages used in Georgia, and the
country's estimated population in 2020 was 3,989,167.