- Armenia's war defeat prompts bitter vote on rebuilding country
After a fierce campaign, the election will decide the country's post-war future.
BBC News. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 23:11:23 GMT.
- Lavrov Dismisses Talk Of Possible Turkish Military Base In Azerbaijan As 'Rumors'
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has dismissed speculation that Turkey could build a military base in Azerbaijan as "rumors."
Radio Liberty. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 11:50:06 +0000.
- Russia keeps a close eye on information Turkey may create military base in Azerbaijan
Earlier, Turkish president did not rule out that a Turkish military base could be created on Azerbaijani territory under the Shusha declaration
Tass. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 13:15:01 +0300.
- Erdogan said Biden statement on Armenian genocide 'disturbed and upset us'
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said when he meets with President Biden Monday he will raise the issue of a White House statement marking the anniversary of the Armenian 'genocide.'
Daily Mail. Mon, 14 Jun 2021 08:33:48 +0100.
- Euros 2020: Hundreds of fans still to fly to Wales' games
Azerbaijan and Italy are on the amber list meaning fans should not travel there.
BBC News. Thu, 10 Jun 2021 08:14:03 GMT.
- State calls for Azerbaijan to pull back forces from Armenia border
The State Department on Friday called for Azerbaijan to pull back forces near its border with Armenia amid rising tensions between the two countries.The criticism comes after the Biden administration approved ...
Laura Kelly. The Hill. Fri, 14 May 2021 21:46:00 +0000.
- Azeri troops seize lake on Armenian border
On the morning of 12 May Azeri forces crossed the Azeri-Armenian border in the Sev Lake area, about 30 km northwest of the Lachin corridor that connects Armenia ...
Janes 360. Fri, 14 May 2021 11:41:05 Z.
- Erdogan Demands Biden Reverse Armenian Genocide Declaration
Biden is first US president to recognize genocide committed against Armenians by the Ottoman Empire during World War I
Voice of America. Mon, 26 Apr 2021 16:54:17 -0400.
- Turkey summons U.S. ambassador after Biden declaration on Armenian genocide
The Turkish Foreign Ministry summoned the U.S. ambassador in Ankara to protest President Biden's recognition over the weekend that the former Ottoman Empire's mass killing of Armenians was a genocide. ...
Dave Boyer and Guy Taylor. Washington Times. Sun, 25 Apr 2021 19:19:04 -0400.
- Turkey summons US ambassador after Biden recognises Armenian genocide
The Caucasus States consist of Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia.
They are located in the Caucasus Mountains, between the Black Sea to
the west and the Caspian Sea to the east. The Caucasus region
includes adjoining areas of the Russian Federation as well.
For official news and information about the nations of the Caucasus,
visit the government websites highlighted below.
The Republic of Armenia's capital city is Yerevan, and its currency is
the Dram. Armenian is the principal language of Armenia, and the
nation's estimated population in 2020 was 2,963,243.
The Azerbaijan Republic's
capital city is Baku, and its currency is the Manat. Azerbaijan's
primary language is Azeri, and in 2020, its estimated population was
Georgia's capital city
is Tbilisi, and its currency is the Lari.
Georgian and Russian are the primary languages used in Georgia, and the
country's estimated population in 2020 was 3,989,167.