- About 300 military police return to Chechnya after Syria combat mission
The personnel of the military police battalion received departmental and state awards
Tass. Wed, 17 Jul 2019 12:07:18 +0300.
- Russia's flight ban for Georgia takes effect
TBILISI, Georgia (AP) - The Russian government's ban on direct flights between Russia and Georgia came into effect on Monday, affecting thousands of travelers. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 08 Jul 2019 05:01:08 -0400.
- Extortion, violence and fear: One gay man's harrowing experience in Russia's Caucasus region
A gay man from Russia's Caucasus region shares a terrifying story of being outed and forced to flee his home.
CBC News. Sat, 6 Jul 2019 04:00:00 EDT.
- Urban explorers discover eerie abandoned Soviet telescope hidden in the Armenian mountains
Forgotten Herouni Mirror Radio telescope, which may not have been used for almost 30 years, has been searched by urban explorers. It lies on the side of Mount Aragat, in Armenia.
Daily Mail. Mon, 01 Jul 2019 14:18:03 GMT.
- United States moves closer to re-joining UNWTO with high-level delegation at Executive Council in Baku
Baku, Azerbaijan,The United States of America has highlighted its support of tourism as a driver of sustainable development. ...
Hsyndicate. Mon, 17 Jun 2019 16:31:09 +0200.
- The Latest: PSG president attends UEFA meeting
BAKU, Azerbaijan (AP) - The Latest on the Europa League final (all times local): ___ 2:30 p.m. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 29 May 2019 04:40:13 -0400.
- Fans injured ahead of Europa League final
Two fans have been injured in confrontations ahead of the Europa League final between Arsenal and Chelsea in Azerbaijan.
Irish Independent. Wed, 29 May 2019 09:40:02 +0100.
- Bulgaria, Greece start work on gas pipeline from Azerbaijan
Bulgaria and Greece are launching the construction of a pipeline to transport Azeri gas to Bulgaria to ease its almost total dependence on Russian gas supplies. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 22 May 2019 05:44:42 -0400.
- Research Headlines - A collaborative approach to renewable energy
An EU-funded project has driven collaboration on renewable energy between businesses and researchers in Armenia, Belarus, Georgia and Moldova with counterparts from EU countries. ...
European Commission. Wed, 22 May 2019 00:00:00 GMT.
- Arsenal's Mkhitaryan will not travel to Azerbaijan for Europa League final
Arsenal midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan will not play in the Europa League final against Chelsea on 29 May.
BBC News. Tue, 21 May 2019 16:09:15 GMT.
The Caucasus States consist of Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia.
They are located in the Caucasus Mountains, between the Black Sea to
the west and the Caspian Sea to the east. The Caucasus region
includes adjoining areas of the Russian Federation as well.
For official news and information about the nations of the Caucasus,
visit the government websites highlighted below.
The Republic of Armenia's capital city is Yerevan, and its currency is
the Dram. Armenian is the principal language of Armenia, and the
nation's estimated population in 2007 was 2,972,000.
The Azerbaijan Republic's
capital city is Baku, and its currency is the Manat. Azerbaijan's
primary language is Azeri, and in 2007, its estimated population was
Georgia's capital city
is Tbilisi, and its currency is the Lari.
Georgian and Russian are the primary languages used in Georgia, and the
country's estimated population in 2007 was 4,646,000.