- MEGHAN MCCAIN: Spineless global community allows China to host Olympic games. I am repulsed.
MCCAIN: The international community has gone soft and has no backbone.We should not be so willing to allow China's behavior to be normalized on the world stage.
Daily Mail. Sat, 22 Jan 2022 03:35:41 GMT.
- Biden Administration Suspends 44 U.S. Flights by Chinese Airlines
The retaliatory move came after the Chinese government canceled American, Delta and United flights to China after some passengers tested positive for the coronavirus.
Niraj Chokshi. New York Times. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:57:09 +0000.
- Poll: Most voters support U.S. military defense of Taiwan, but not Ukraine
Most American voters across the political spectrum support U.S. military intervention to defend Taiwan against China, but not to defend Ukraine against Russia, according to a new poll released Friday. ...
Sean Salai. Washington Times. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 11:14:14 -0500.
- Hong Kong Stocks Become An Oasis Of Green In A Sea Of Red, Week In Review
Asian equities had another rough day to end a rough week, though Hong Kong and the Philippines were outliers as both managed small gains.
By Brendan Ahern, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 11:02:26 -0500.
- Winter Olympics: Andrew Musgrave eyes medal as five Scots are included in ski and snowboard team
Andrew Musgrave eyes a Winter Olympics medal after being one of five Scots included in the 21-strong Great Britain ski and snowboard squad for Beijing.
BBC News. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 15:00:47 GMT.
- Biden-Kishida Talks Include North Korea, China
President Joe Biden and Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida began their first formal talks on Friday as they face fresh concerns about North Korea's nuclear program and China's growing military assertiveness. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 09:38:44 -0500.
- Hong Kong: Secret rescue network to evade hamster Covid cull
An underground network of animal lovers is helping Hong Kong hamster owners avoid a government cull.
BBC News. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 12:16:21 GMT.
- China criticizes US missile sanctions as hypocrisy
BEIJING (AP) — China on Friday criticized Washington for imposing sanctions on Chinese companies the U.S. says exported missile technology, and accused the United States of hypocrisy for selling nuclear-capable cruise missiles. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 06:53:51 -0500.
- Hong Kong Will Cull Thousands of Hamsters and Small Animals After Delta Variant Was Detected in a Pet Shop
Though there is no evidence of domestic animals passing the disease to humans, officials say they are acting out of caution
Smithsonian. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 11:30:00 +0000.
- China mandates 3-day Olympic torch relay amid virus concerns
China is limiting the torch relay for the Winter Olympics to only three days amid coronavirus worries, organizers said Friday.
Fox News. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 11:17:35 GMT.
- Beijing Olympics torch relay confined to closed venues over COVID
Beijing is on high alert for the coronavirus after a handful of small outbreaks in various parts of the country.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 09:46:20 +0000.
- Liz Truss warns of growing threats from China and Russia
The British Foreign Secretary warned global partners, including Australia, of the urgent need to work together against global threats from China and Russia, which were enjoying their closest relationship in 70 years.
Anna Patty. Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 18:17:26 +1100.
- British top diplomat thinks invasion of Ukraine will lead to prolonged crisis
UK Foreign Secretary Liz Truss branded China and Russia as "global aggressors", which seek to export dictatorship as a service around the world
Tass. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 04:23:47 +0300.
- Why Carbon Credit ETFs Soared in 2021
We discuss investing in carbon markets and China tech stocks.
Neena Mishra. Zacks. Thu, 20 Jan 2022 20:51:00 GMT.
- Mazesoba: Brothless Ramen Dish at Menya Hanabi
Menya Hanabi serves up a Taiwanese-inspired mazesoba, a dry ramen dish topped with an array of umami-rich ingredients.
Ccg. ABC News. Wed, 19 Jan 2022 22:18:09 +0000.
- Tucker Carlson compares Russian threat to Ukraine to Mexico falling under control of China
The Fox News host made the bold comparison amid US intelligence reports of an impending Russian invasion of Ukraine
Tom Fenton. The Independent. Wed, 19 Jan 2022 22:17:23 GMT.
- China has forcibly returned nearly 10,000 overseas nationals, says report
Nearly 10,000 Chinese overseas nationals have been forced to return to China after coercive means outside the justice system were used by the government, a new report has claimed.
Sky News. Wed, 19 Jan 2022 10:11:00 +0000.
- China In Eurasia Briefing: Beijing, Moscow, And A New Central Asia
The limits of Chinese influence in Central Asia, surveillance in the Balkans, Beijing and Iran nuke talks, and Hungary's referendum moves forward.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 19 Jan 2022 09:40:21 +0000.
- VOA Asia - Russia to China gas pipeline planned
Planned Russia-China gas pipeline. U.N. aid for Tonga. Why #VeryAsian went viral. Former Guantanamo Bay detainee speaks. Depression increases during COVID. Packing foam from shellfish. Chris Casquejo hosts VOA Asia.
Voice of America. Tue, 18 Jan 2022 17:05:00 -0500.
- Covid 19 coronavirus outbreak: Hong Kong to kill 2000 small animals after hamsters get Covid-19
Hong Kong authorities said that they will kill about 2000 small animals, including hamsters, after several tested positive for the coronavirus at a pet store where an employee was also infected.The city will also stop the sale ...
New Zealand Herald. Wed, 19 Jan 2022 08:30:32 +1200.
Facts About China
The People's Republic of China is a socialist state located in central
and eastern Asia. Its capital city is Beijing; other major Chinese
cities include Shanghai, Tianjin, and Hong Kong. China's national
currency is the Renminbi Yuan, which equals 10 jiao or 100 fen.
In 2020, China's estimated population was 1,439,323,776.
For more news and information about China, visit this official
Chinese government website.
For detailed maps of China, visit this
China maps website.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about China