- Five reasons why China's economy is in trouble
President Xi Jinping faces his greatest challenge yet ahead of a historic Communist Party meeting.
BBC News. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 23:16:55 GMT.
- Chinese Embassy tries to silence Pompeo broadcasts into China
China's government is seeking to silence former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for comments critical of the ruling Communist Party made during a new series of broadcasts that seek to speak directly to the Chinese people.
Bill Gertz. Washington Times. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 18:25:51 -0400.
- Will President Xi Jinping bend retirement rule again?
The Chinese leader appears to have a penchant for bending the retirement age rule for Communist Party and government leaders.
Straits Times. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 05:00:00 +0800.
- US investors in TikTok are donating millions to Dems as Biden pushes to let Chinese app continue
Republican lawmakers believe TikTok is being used to steal consumer data and spread Beijing-backed propaganda to influence the upcoming midterms.
Daily Mail. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 19:19:55 GMT.
- Praise for Chavez, Castro and China does not belong at the head of the IDB
The Biden administration would like a consensus candidate committed to democracy and development.
Daniel F. Runde, Opinion Contributor. The Hill. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 16:00:00 +0000.
- Western Union (WU) Eases Digital Money Transfers for Weixin Users
Western Union (WU) introduces inbound international money transfer services for Chinese customers using the Weixin app.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 14:03:00 GMT.
- China Builds A New Symbol In The Balkans -- At The Site Of A NATO Bombing
Beijing has nearly completed a towering Chinese Cultural Center where its former embassy was bombed in Belgrade by NATO in 1999. ...
Radio Liberty. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 13:10:58 +0000.
- Chicago shooting: Man shoots suspected burglar at Chinatown home, police say
The man who shot the suspected burglar has a concealed carry license, police said.
Wls. ABC News. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 03:23:16 +0000.
- US government sent more than $28M to Chinese entities for research, Stefanik-requested GAO study finds
A study requested by top House Republicans found that the U.S. government sent more than $28 million to Chinese entities for research and other development between 2015 and 2021.
Brooke Singman. Fox News. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 18:56:21 GMT.
- House Republicans sound alarm over Chinese investment in U.S. farmland
House Republicans are calling for a federal investigation into foreign investment in U.S. farmland as concern grows over Chinese acquisitions that lawmakers say pose a threat to national security.
Joseph Clark. Washington Times. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 13:42:00 -0400.
- Real Estate Rebounds On Policy Support, China Begins Golden Week Holiday
Asian equities were largely off, as Japan outperformed while India and Thailand underperformed.
By Brendan Ahern, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 12:28:56 -0400.
- World's largest duty free store will open in Haikou on October 28
More than 800 Chinese and foreign brands have already prepared to stock the store, according to Hainan Daily newspaper
Tass. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 12:32:00 +0300.
- Indian jets scrambled after false bomb scare on flight from Iran
India's Air Force said it scrambled fighter jets after receiving a bomb alert on Mahan Air headed to Guangzhou in China.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 08:41:44 +0000.
- How hare coursing is used for betting in China
As Wiltshire Police kit up for the new season we find out how it is big business in China.
BBC News. Sun, 02 Oct 2022 23:02:08 GMT.
- Chinese #MeToo Case Settled in U.S. Court
The case, involving a billionaire entrepreneur, riveted observers in China, where women alleging sexual wrongdoing by powerful men are often pilloried, silenced or both.
Amy Qin and Chang Che. New York Times. Sun, 02 Oct 2022 21:08:40 +0000.
- Ominous sign China is quietly preparing to invade Taiwan
China's flashy displays of combat aircraft and warships circling Taiwan are more about propaganda than practicality. But the quiet practicality of preparing civilian car ferries for war shows Beijing is getting serious about ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 08:09:57 +1200.
- British Steel's Chinese owner seeks huge government aid package
The owners of Britain's second-biggest steel producer are seeking an urgent package of financial support from taxpayers amid renewed fears for thousands of industrial jobs in the north of England.
Sky News. Sat, 01 Oct 2022 09:10:00 +0100.
- Unfazed: PLAAF continued modernisation during the Covid-19 pandemic
In 2016 when Xi Jinping instructed the People's Liberation Army (PLA) to modernise, the order galvanised the Chinese military onto a trajectory of ...
Janes 360. Fri, 30 Sep 2022 14:05:17 Z.
- China Airlines Finalizes Landmark Order for Up to 24 Boeing 787 Dreamliners
Selecting the 787 to expand China Airlines' global network and cargo capacity.
Travel Industry Wire. 2022-09-29 08:11:55 EST.
- US coast guard confirms Chinese and Russian warships off Alaska
Seven vessels from China and Russia were seen in formation off Aleutian Islands
Gino Spocchia. The Independent. Wed, 28 Sep 2022 12:33:06 GMT.
Facts About China
The People's Republic of China is a socialist state located in central
and eastern Asia. Its capital city is Beijing; other major Chinese
cities include Shanghai, Tianjin, and Hong Kong. China's national
currency is the Renminbi Yuan, which equals 10 jiao or 100 fen.
In 2020, China's estimated population was 1,439,323,776.
For more news and information about China, visit this official
Chinese government website.
For detailed maps of China, visit this
China maps website.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about China