- Taiwan delegation irks China with eastern Europe tour
The EU members have shown signs of wanting closer ties with the island, even if that angers Beijing.
Straits Times. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 11:21:29 +0800.
- Evergrande shares rise on report of bond interest payment
Shares opened up 6% after reports the Chinese property giant made a payment before a crucial deadline.
BBC News. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 03:19:11 GMT.
- China tested two hypersonic space nukes with technology that appeared 'to defy the laws of physics'
China tested two hypersonic "space nukes" earlier this year that demonstrated technology the United States does not currently possess and is struggling to understand, with claims the weapons appeared "to defy the laws of ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 15:05:05 +1200.
- Biden says does not want cold war with China
According to US President, China, Russia and the rest of the world knows we have the most powerful military in history of the world
Tass. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 05:45:05 +0300.
- Rocket failure delays US hypersonic weapons test after China fired second missile
ABC News cited a US official on Thursday who said that a booster rocket with a hypersonic glide body attached failed to launch during a launch test at Kodiak, Alaska.
Daily Mail. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 03:28:11 +0100.
- Biden pledges to defend Taiwan if China attacks
President Joe Biden vowed to protect Taiwan from any Chinese incursion during a CNN town hall on Thursday night.
Andrew Miller. Fox News. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 01:47:00 GMT.
- Li Yundi Is Detained in China on Suspicion of Prostitution
Li Yundi, a famous performer, was accused of soliciting a woman, state news outlets said. Officials often use such accusations against their enemies.
Javier C. Hernández. New York Times. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 00:58:45 +0000.
- China-linked disinformation campaign blames Covid on Maine lobsters
Theory was tweeted by hundreds of accounts in different languages
Helen Elfer. The Independent. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 19:44:12 GMT.
- Enes Kanter: Boston Celtics star under fire over China comments
Enes Kanter calls China's leader a "brutal dictator", while Beijing accuses him of seeking attention.
BBC News. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 19:34:21 GMT.
- Yum China (YUMC) Boosts Digital Space, Opens Digital R&D Center
Yum China (YUMC) unveils Digital R&D Center to strengthen internal digital capabilities and support sustainable business growth through advanced technology.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 16:13:00 GMT.
- 'The Network Wars Have Begun': China's Digital Silk Road Ignites Hi-Tech Competition
Jonathan Hillman writes in his new book how China and the United States are locked in a digital fight for networks and systems that will play out across the developing world.
Radio Liberty. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 08:07:31 +0000.
- Forbes China To Host Free Webinar On Enterprise Technology Spending, Investment, Start-Ups
Forbes China To Host Webinar on Enterprise Technology Spending.
By Forbes Partner Releases, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Wed, 20 Oct 2021 11:21:32 -0400.
- Oil price starts to drop after China looks to tame coal prices
Oil hit multi-year highs on the back of a global coal and gas crunch that drove a switch to oil for power generation.
Al Jazeera. Wed, 20 Oct 2021 05:28:20 +0000.
- Cybersecurity firm says Chinese digital spies have hacked telecom data
A network of digital spies with connections to Chinese interests has hacked part of the global telecommunications network to steal a large amount of cellphone data, according to a California-based cybersecurity firm. ...
Sean Salai. Washington Times. Tue, 19 Oct 2021 18:41:51 -0400.
- Wedding dress delays: Chicago area brides concerned about supply chain disruptions
Wedding dresses made in China are among the goods stuck at American ports due to global supply chain issues.
Leah Hope. ABC News. Tue, 19 Oct 2021 22:34:41 +0000.
- China does 'not need UK actions to encourage' it to be more ambitious in tackling climate change
China's special envoy on climate has told Sky News that his nation does "not need the actions taken by the UK to encourage" Beijing to be more ambitious in tackling climate change.
Sky News. Tue, 19 Oct 2021 14:46:00 +0100.
- Japan spots Chinese and Russian warships sailing through the Tsugaru Strait for the first time
Chinese and Russian warships have been spotted for the first time sailing through international waters at the Tsugaru Strait located between Japan's main islands ...
Janes 360. Tue, 19 Oct 2021 12:35:11 Z.
- Stock Market Today: Tech, Consumer Stocks Carry Nasdaq Higher
Disappointing China GDP and industrial production weighed on stocks early Monday, but the S&P 500 and Nasdaq finished higher on the back of Tesla, Facebook and others.
Kyle Woodley. Kiplinger. Mon, 18 Oct 2021 20:41:44 GMT.
- Purges, a plot and the real reason why Xi Jinping might be afraid to leave China
There are credible reports of a foiled conspiracy against the Chinese leader.
Peter Hartcher. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 19 Oct 2021 05:30:00 +1100.
- Commerce head out to save U.S. jobs, 1 computer chip at a time
WASHINGTON (AP) — Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo only wears watches made by Bulova — a company that laid off her scientist father, closed its Rhode Island factory and moved production to China in 1983. ...
Josh Boak. Washington Times. Mon, 18 Oct 2021 06:47:09 -0400.
Facts About China
The People's Republic of China is a socialist state located in central
and eastern Asia. Its capital city is Beijing; other major Chinese
cities include Shanghai, Tianjin, and Hong Kong. China's national
currency is the Renminbi Yuan, which equals 10 jiao or 100 fen.
In 2020, China's estimated population was 1,439,323,776.
For more news and information about China, visit this official
Chinese government website.
For detailed maps of China, visit this
China maps website.
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about China