- China formally applies to join trade deal alongside Australia that Trump dumped
Shortly after condemning Australia, the US and the UK for forming AUKUS, China applied to join the trans-pacific trade deal established to isolate Beijing.
Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 15:35:08 +1000.
- US resumes talks with Huawei CFO on resolving criminal charges
The agreement could allow her to return to China.
Straits Times. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 09:42:17 +0800.
- Climate change: Should green campaigners put more pressure on China to slash emissions?
UK activists have protested on the M25, but should they instead be picketing China's embassy?
BBC News. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 01:01:07 GMT.
- How just TEN people in Britain knew about AUKUS submarine deal
Boris Johnson, President Joe Biden and Australian prime minister Scott Morrison announced the new pact on Wednesday night, provoking uproar from China and France.
Daily Mail. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 00:15:18 GMT.
- The Sharp U.S. Pivot to Asia Is Throwing Europe Off Balance
The new U.S. alliance with Australia and Britain against China has put Europe closer to a question it has tried to avoid: Which side are you on?
Steven Erlanger. New York Times. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 00:09:11 +0000.
- Blinken deletes, replaces tweet vowing US will 'stand with the people of Hong Kong'
Antony Blinken has deleted a tweet which seemingly criticized the Chinese government and showed support from the United States for the people of Hong Kong.
Kyle Morris. Fox News. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 00:01:59 GMT.
- China shows "stunning" potential for gas demand growth, says Gazprom CEO
According to Alexey Miller, in general, gas consumption in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow by 1.5 trillion cubic meters by 2040
Tass. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 21:59:18 +0300.
- Can a new alliance in the Asia Pacific deter China?
The US, Australia and UK have announced a major defence agreement in the Asia Pacific.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 18:56:20 +0000.
- UK to deploy more intelligence personnel to monitor Russia and China
Additional UK military intelligence personnel are being deployed to overseas locations as part of growing strategic competition with Russia and China, according to ...
Janes 360. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:35:07 Z.
- Sinopec (SNP) Foresees China Oil Consumption to Peak Around 2026
Sinopec (SNP) expects crude oil consumption in China to peak at 16 million barrels per day.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 15:05:00 GMT.
- Three Chinese astronauts return to Earth after 90 days in space
The three men make a safe return after 90 days in space - China's longest ever crewed mission.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:42:54 GMT.
- China applies to join Pacific trade pact abandoned by Trump
China has applied to join an 11-nation Asia-Pacific free trade group in an effort to increase its influence over international policies
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 04:05:15 GMT.
- Blinken Defends Deal to Share Nuclear Submarines with Australia
The United States, Britain and Australia are hailing the announcement of a new security pact that will see Australia getting U.S. nuclear-powered submarine technology in a bid to counter China in the Indo-Pacific. ....
Voice of America. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 23:37:00 -0400.
- Australian Defence Minister Peter Dutton's warning over prospect of war with China
Australia's Defence Minister Peter Dutton has bluntly warned the prospect of war with China cannot be ruled out, but said it was ultimately "a question for the Chinese".Speaking in Washington DC to Sky News, Dutton raised the ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 15:19:45 +1200.
- Beijing calls new U.S.-U.K.-Australian alliance 'irresponsible'
China’s communist government served up relatively mild criticism Thursday of the announced tripartite security pact between the United States, Australia and Britain. ...
Bill Gertz. Washington Times. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 18:34:32 -0400.
- Experts Say China, Pakistan Offering Support to Taliban Leaders
With the U.S. out of Afghanistan, some experts say China and Pakistan are stepping in to provide immediate support and the prospect of long-term investment for the Taliban acting government. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 16:10:00 -0400.
- Taiwanese Electric Scooter Maker Gogoro To Go Public In SPAC Merger, Plans Regional Expansion
Gogoro, which also develops battery swap infrastructure, aims to raise $500 million through the SPAC deal with Poema Global Holdings and a private investment in public equity, valuing the 10-year-old company at $2.35 billion.
By Ralph Jennings, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 05:00:30 -0400.
- China will be alarmed by US-Australia pact - a new alliance it could do without
China has been making much of the US's chaotic retreat from Afghanistan, pointing to it as proof of America's retreat from its global role.
Sky News. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 09:51:00 +0100.
- China Domestic Bookings Bounce Back in Time for Golden Week
ForwardKeys and Dragon Trail Internationals recent findings reveal that the Chinese travel market is not only super resilient but desperate for revenge travel, even if it is only within China!
Travel Industry Wire. 2021-09-15 15:53:01 EST.
- Senators demand Milley face Congress over revelations he usurped Trump's authority
Sens. John Cornyn and Rand Paul on Wednesday called for Gen. Mark Milley to answer questions on Capitol Hill and face possible consequences over a report he secretly communicated with China’s top general. ...
Kerry Picket. Washington Times. Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:52:41 -0400.
Facts About China
The People's Republic of China is a socialist state located in central
and eastern Asia. Its capital city is Beijing; other major Chinese
cities include Shanghai, Tianjin, and Hong Kong. China's national
currency is the Renminbi Yuan, which equals 10 jiao or 100 fen.
In 2020, China's estimated population was 1,439,323,776.
For more news and information about China, visit this official
Chinese government website.
For detailed maps of China, visit this
China maps website.
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about China