- US, Japan, Australia, and India to launch tracking system to monitor illegal fishing by China: Media
The initiative will use satellite technology to create a tracking system for illegal fishing.
Straits Times. Sun, 22 May 2022 09:29:10 +0800.
- Record food costs throw spotlight on how China will feed itself
- Shanghai authorities shut central district telling everyone to stay home ahead of Covid mass testing
The Jingan district, named after an ancient Chinese temple, has shut all shops and supermarkets until Tuesday so mass Covid testing for all residents can take place.
Daily Mail. Sat, 21 May 2022 22:37:52 +0100.
- Montenegro's $1 Billion Highway Faces Uncertain Future After Years Of Delays
As a new government settles into office in Podgorica, questions are once again being raised about the troubled Chinese project that has only resulted in a 41-kilometer section of road in eight years.
Radio Liberty. Sat, 21 May 2022 18:40:11 +0000.
- Apple Reportedly Aims To Ramp Up Production Outside China Due To Covid Restrictions
China's "zero Covid" policy is causing headaches for western companies.
By Nicholas Reimann, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Sat, 21 May 2022 11:31:35 -0400.
- Taiwan delays scheme to help Hong Kongers over spying fears
Easier pathway to permanent residency, citizenship for Hong Kong, Macau people delayed over national security fears.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 20 May 2022 23:34:21 +0000.
- PetroChina (PTR) Outpaces Stock Market Gains: What You Should Know
PetroChina (PTR) closed at $50.01 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.69% move from the prior day.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 20 May 2022 22:00:06 GMT.
- U.S. economy projected to outpace China's for first time since 1976
U.S. economic growth is on track to outpace China for the first time since 1976 as the Chinese economy sputters under President Xi Jinping's draconian coronavirus lockdowns.
Joseph Clark. Washington Times. Fri, 20 May 2022 16:43:06 -0400.
- WATCH: Pangolins introduced at zoo in Prague
A pair of critically endangered Chinese pangolins were introduced at a zoo in Prague, the second animal park in Europe to have the animals.
ABC News. Fri, 20 May 2022 10:11:42 -0400.
- Canada to ban China's Huawei and ZTE from its 5G networks
The UK, US, Australia and New Zealand have also barred the Chinese telecoms equipment makers.
BBC News. Fri, 20 May 2022 11:45:35 GMT.
- China boosts oil imports from Russia to 1.1 mln bpd
The country receives around 800,000 barrels of Russian oil per day through pipelines, the media report
Tass. Fri, 20 May 2022 14:28:04 +0300.
- China warns of dangerous situation developing ahead of Biden Asia trip
China warned the U.S. that President Biden's visit to East Asia this week could put their relations in "serious jeopardy" if officials play the "Taiwan card" during the trip. ...
Brad Dress. The Hill. Thu, 19 May 2022 15:44:07 +0000.
- Gunman targets Taiwanese faith with long pro-democracy link
Officials in California's Orange County are still trying to determine why a gunman opened fire in a Taiwanese Presbyterian church in Laguna Woods
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Thu, 19 May 2022 04:50:31 GMT.
- Report reveals China Eastern flight was flown into the ground
China said Wednesday that US investigators haven't released any information about the cause of a China Eastern Airlines jetliner crash in March after the Wall Street Journal reported its flight data recorder indicated someone ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 19 May 2022 06:35:16 +1200.
- Luxury goods appear inflation proof - but will they be able to handle China's lockdowns?
Inflation is on everybody's mind - whether that is in the UK, elsewhere in Europe or the United States.
Sky News. Wed, 18 May 2022 14:43:00 +0100.
- California Taiwanese Community Shaken by Shootings
Immigrants from Taiwan are still trying to make sense of a shooting in Southern California where one man died. Police say a gunman shot six people in a Taiwanese church on Sunday. Mike O'Sullivan has the details.
Voice of America. Wed, 18 May 2022 07:05:34 -0400.
- Chinese helicopters with high-altitude capability achieve milestones
Two of China's domestically manufactured helicopters with high-altitude capabilities have achieved significant developmental milestones, according to state-owned media.
Janes 360. Wed, 18 May 2022 07:35:10 Z.
- China Eastern plane crash likely intentional, US reports say
Flight data reportedly indicates someone in the cockpit made the China Eastern Airlines jet crash.
BBC News. Wed, 18 May 2022 04:58:06 GMT.
- U.S. Accuses Steve Wynn of Lobbying Trump on Behalf of China
The Justice Department said that by serving as a middleman for the Chinese government, Mr. Wynn acted as a foreign agent and must register as one.
Niraj Chokshi. New York Times. Wed, 18 May 2022 02:20:51 +0000.
- Yellen warns Europeans about working with China, urges unity
Even as Western allies grapple with how to counter Russia's assault on Ukraine, U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen warned Tuesday that they also must take a wary and united approach to checking China and its business practices.
Fatima Hussein, Samuel Petrequin. Washington Times. Tue, 17 May 2022 06:13:59 -0400.
Facts About China
The People's Republic of China is a socialist state located in central
and eastern Asia. Its capital city is Beijing; other major Chinese
cities include Shanghai, Tianjin, and Hong Kong. China's national
currency is the Renminbi Yuan, which equals 10 jiao or 100 fen.
In 2020, China's estimated population was 1,439,323,776.
For more news and information about China, visit this official
Chinese government website.
For detailed maps of China, visit this
China maps website.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about China