- Recent drought may provide a glimpse of the future for birds in the Sierra Nevada
To better understand the effects of climate change on the bird community in the Sierra Nevada region, researchers examined the impacts to birds from a recent extreme drought (2013-2016). ...
Science Daily. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 14:13:56 EST.
- The Head Honcho on Trump's New Climate Change Panel Compared Carbon Dioxide to Jewish People
Both, he said, have been wrongly persecuted.
Yahoo. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 12:25:00 -0500.
- Climate change officially drives first mammal species to extinction
A rodent was added this week to a list of animals declared extinct by the Australian government
CBS News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 17:17:11 +0000.
- Swedish teen leads Belgian students on 7th climate march
Swedish teenager Greta Thunberg is leading Belgian students who are skipping classes for the seventh Thursday in a row to march through Brussels to draw more attention to fighting climate change
ABC News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 09:59:50 -0500.
- Mining rivals deride Glencore's coal pledge as 'brilliant PR exercise'
Australia's largest coal miner Glencore's decision to cap its global coal production on climate change grounds has been dismissed by other coal miners as a public relations exercise dressed up as climate change awareness.
Cole Latimer. Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 00:15:00 +1100.
- Climate change officially claims its first mammal: Bramble Cay melomys
Years ago, the small, ratlike rodents could be seen scurrying across the sand and coral rubble on the Australian island of Bramble Cay.Fishermen would sometimes see them while visiting the island, which is dotted with a few ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 21:14:08 +1200.
- Trump panel to examine whether global warming affects national security will include climate change denier
William Happer rejects scientific consensus but has no formal climate science training
Coral Davenport. The Independent. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 08:44:00 +0000.
- Spain proposes $72 bln public investment in climate change plan
MADRID (REUTERS) - Spain's Socialist government announced a 47 billion euro (S$72 billion) public investment plan on Wednesday (Feb 20) to tackle climate change over 10 years, which would be partly financed by issuing green bonds.
Straits Times. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 12:34:31 +0800.
- White House Panel Will Study Whether Climate Change Is a National Security Threat. It Includes a Climate Denialist.
The Pentagon and federal intelligence agencies have said that climate change is a threat. Now, the White House is planning a panel to study whether that is true.
Coral Davenport. New York Times. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 00:36:40 GMT.
- AOC's disastrous 'Green New Deal' is jeopardizing bipartisan attempts to actually help our environment
What is lost in the climate change hyperbole from left-wingers like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the fact that the U.S. is already the leader on environmental issues. ...
Mandy Gunasekara. Fox News. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 20:21:03 GMT.
- MIT study finds climate change impacts everyday weather, smog, thunderstorms
A new study by MIT researchers finds that climate change can worsen pollution and even affect summer thunderstorms. ...
CBS News. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 20:08:22 +0000.
- White House readies panel to question security risks of climate
The White House is readying a presidential panel that would question U.S. military and intelligence reports showing human-driven climate change poses risks to national security, according to a document seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
Reuters. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 12:23:30 -0500.
- Climate change officially kills off its first mammal species - CNET
The Bramble Cay melomys doesn't look like much, but it's become the first mammal to go extinct because of human-caused climate change.
Claire Reilly. CNET. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 13:25:37 +0000.
- Scientist who popularised term 'global warming' dies
A scientist who popularised the term "global warming" to describe climate change has died aged 87.
Sky News. Tue, 19 Feb 2019 10:42:00 +0000.
- Rise in summertime thunderstorms 'robustly connected' to climate change
A rise in summertime thunderstorms has been robustly linked to climate change for the first time. MIT Scientists have found an increase of 13 per cent in energy that triggers storms over 30 years
Daily Mail. Tue, 19 Feb 2019 10:12:38 +0000.
- Cultured lab meat may make climate change worse
Growing meat in the laboratory may damage the climate more in the long run, than meat from cattle.
BBC News. Tue, 19 Feb 2019 10:03:56 GMT.
- Why Trump can take credit for his opponents' Green New Deal: Don Pittis
Climate change should not be a left-right issue, but by refusing to tackle the issue, the U.S. president has given the Democrats plenty of room to manoeuvre.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Tue, 19 Feb 2019 04:00:32 EST.
- 'Grandfather Of Climate Science' Wallace Broecker Dies At 87
Broecker was an early advocate for reducing fossil fuels to avoid the disruptive effects of climate change and brought the term "global warming" into the mainstream.
Francesca Paris. NPR. Mon, 18 Feb 2019 23:35:00 -0500.
- 11 Things Climate Change 'Dismissive' People Say On Social Media
Here are 11 things people dismissive of climate change say on social media.
By Marshall Shepherd, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 16 Feb 2019 18:54:00 -0500.
- Scotland's papers: Salmond letter 'blocked' and climate protest
A government block on a letter relating to the Alex Salmond inquiry and a climate change protest make the front pages.
BBC News. Sat, 16 Feb 2019 09:22:33 GMT.