We rely heavily on electricity and gas as forms of energy to power our
world. As our consumption of energy in these forms intersects with
rising costs and a dwindling supply, businesses and governments are faced
with the task of finding ways to cut expenditure, as well as harness
alternative means of energy production. The need for "green energy"
which can be extracted, generated, or consumed without negatively
impacting the environment is an important current issue. Promising
sustainable energy solutions include wind power, hydroelectricity, solar
energy, and geothermal energy.
Browse the headlines below to find relevant, up-to-date energy news from
around the globe.
- Britain sends warships to North Sea to protect underwater gas and oil pipelines and internet cables
HMS Somerset and HMS Enterprise have been deployed amid fears that pipelines, rigs and undersea cables that Britain relies upon for energy are at risk of further attacks.
Daily Mail. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 02:15:03 +0100.
- Reversing Energy Export Boom Is Economic Dead End For Biden
Oil prices are back on the rise and the Biden administration is concerned about volatility heading into the contested midterm elections. ...
By Dan Eberhart, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 19:06:14 -0400.
- Dominion Energy (D) Gains But Lags Market: What You Should Know
Dominion Energy (D) closed at $71.50 in the latest trading session, marking a +0.58% move from the prior day.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 22:15:09 GMT.
- Shell boss says taxing energy firms to help the poor is 'inevitable'
Taxes on gas and oil companies are likely to be needed to help the poorest, Ben van Beurden says.
BBC News. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 18:52:38 GMT.
- Chicago tourism and business travel up, voted Best Big City in the U.S.
"We really have felt the energy coming back."
Wls. ABC News. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 16:38:06 +0000.
- Europe made a mistake with Russia's energy and now it needs to spend, Sen. Chris Murphy says
U.S. Senator Chris Murphy on Tuesday criticized Europe's overreliance on Russian energy and urged the region to start investing in alternate energy sources.
CNBC. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 15:26:52 GMT.
- Dutch government announces energy price cap for consumers
The Dutch government has unveiled details of its energy price cap for households, together with the outlines of a subsidy system aimed at easing the pain for small-to-medium-sized businesses that use a lot of power
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 14:29:12 GMT.
- Shell boss calls on government to tax oil and gas companies to protect poorest
The chief executive of Shell has called on the government to tax oil and gas companies in order to protect the poorest people in society from soaring energy costs.
Sky News. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 15:10:00 +0100.
- Which countries are doing the most to tackle energy bills?
European countries have taken different approaches to higher energy bills.
BBC News. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 09:27:26 GMT.
- Energy giants return to fossil fuels like coal as Europe braces for winter
Another big European energy firm, Germany's RWE, is making similar moves.
CNBC. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 05:23:56 GMT.
- Global energy crisis can last long, Medvedev says
Tthe creation of a unified national monitoring system for climate-active substances was touched upon
Tass. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 19:03:39 +0300.
- Households to feel pinch as coal, gas profits surge
A red-hot global energy market is driving up the cost of electricity and piling pressure on the Albanese government to step in with bill relief.
Mike Foley. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 00:01:00 +1100.
- The Dominican Republic Is Going Green To Boost Tourism And Energy Security
The Dominican Republic will ratchet up its use of renewable energy to decrease its reliance on fossil fuels and increase its use of green energy.
By Ken Silverstein, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 03 Oct 2022 09:00:00 -0400.
- Danes: Nord Stream 2 pipeline seems to have stopped leaking
The Danish Energy Agency says one of two ruptured natural gas pipelines in the Baltic Sea appears to have stopped leaking natural gas. ...
Voice of America. Sat, 01 Oct 2022 21:29:53 -0400.
- New Pipeline Seen In Bulgaria As 'Freedom' From Russian Gas Imports
A new natural-gas pipeline from Greece to Bulgaria has come into service, marking a significant step toward weening the country and others from a dependence on Russian energy imports.
Radio Liberty. Sat, 01 Oct 2022 12:08:08 +0000.
- Biden Calls on World to Punish Russia for Attempt to Annex Ukrainian Land
The U.S. imposed new sanctions on Russian officials and companies, and penalized foreign businesses aiding the Russian military. But officials are holding back on energy sanctions.
Michael Crowley and Edward Wong. New York Times. Sat, 01 Oct 2022 11:34:57 +0000.
- Dining in the dark: Brussels eateries tackle energy crunch
While European Union nations are still mulling a cap on gas prices, some businesses are more in a hurry for solutions to the continent's energy crisis. ...
Voice of America. Sat, 01 Oct 2022 03:01:46 -0400.
- Europe steps up energy security amid sabotage allegations
Major leaks from Nord Stream gas pipelines off the coasts of Denmark and Sweden have been blamed on sabotage.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 30 Sep 2022 19:28:26 +0000.
- Senate passes stopgap funding measure without Manchin energy deal as Congress aims to avert shutdown
The Senate approved a stopgap bill Thursday to fund the federal government through Dec. 16, a move that puts Congress on course to avoid a shutdown ahead of a midnight Friday fiscal deadline.
Ramsey Touchberry. Washington Times. Thu, 29 Sep 2022 15:03:47 -0400.
- Schumer claims he delivered to Manchin 'good Democratic unity' on energy deal that crumbled
Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer boasted Wednesday that he served up Democratic unity in advancing a stopgap spending bill and insisted he didn't double-cross Sen. Joe Manchin III to do it.
Ramsey Touchberry. Washington Times. Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:45:58 -0400.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
Energy News Articles