We rely heavily on electricity and gas as forms of energy to power our
world. As our consumption of energy in these forms intersects with
rising costs and a dwindling supply, businesses and governments are faced
with the task of finding ways to cut expenditure, as well as harness
alternative means of energy production. The need for "green energy"
which can be extracted, generated, or consumed without negatively
impacting the environment is an important current issue. Promising
sustainable energy solutions include wind power, hydroelectricity, solar
energy, and geothermal energy.
Browse the headlines below to find relevant, up-to-date energy news from
around the globe.
- Russia is accused of rigging gas prices to damage Britain's Covid recovery
Russia's state-owned energy firm, Gazprom, is now facing an investigation into the rise in price and more than 40 MEPs last night accused the company of 'deliberate market manipulation'.
Daily Mail. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 02:39:26 +0100.
- Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE) Stock Moves -0.74%: What You Should Know
Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE) closed the most recent trading day at $8.08, moving -0.74% from the previous trading session.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 21:45:18 GMT.
- Why are U.S. gas prices so high? Not for the reason Biden thinks
While the president blames "profiteers," energy analysts point to other reasons why prices at the pump have jumped.
CBS News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:57:28 -0400.
- What's behind the energy crunch - and why it's hurting UK industry
Economic predictions are often fraught with risk, but here's one that feels quite safe: the fertiliser company which has just shut down production at two of its UK plants will not be the last business to do so.
Sky News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:45:00 +0100.
- Marcell Von Berlin Launches First-Ever Fashion Show In Hollywood
MARCELL VON BERLIN stands for progressive looks by creating powerful silhouettes and worldwide unique statement prints. Based in Berlin, the label embodies the electric energy and urban charm of the city, expressing it in an individual way.
By Joseph Deacetis, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 17:40:40 -0400.
- 50-year-old UAE to pour billions into UK
The five-year investment will focus on technology, infrastructure and climate-focused energy transition.
Straits Times. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 01:52:12 +0800.
- E.On boss: Remove green levies to cut energy bills
Cut soaring energy costs by paying energy levies through taxes, E.On UK boss Michael Lewis says.
BBC News. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 17:47:44 GMT.
- The UAE set to invest up to $14bn in post-Brexit UK
UAE investments in UK will target infrastructure, clean energy and technology.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 15:22:36 +0000.
- Europe's energy crisis is making the market nervous. And analysts expect record-high prices to persist
Analysts believe Europe's record run in energy prices is not expected to end any time soon, warning market nervousness is likely to persist throughout winter.
CNBC. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 10:56:57 GMT.
- Russian, Vietnamese presidents discuss economic, energy cooperation, says Kremlin
The sides also focused on issues of cooperation between Russia and Vietnam through the Russia-ASEAN dialogue
Tass. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:53:09 +0300.
- Scott Bickford Joins W Energy Software as VP of Software Engineering
Industry-leading oil & gas SaaS ERP welcomes software engineering executive to lead application development strategy and organization as velocity of growth accelerates.
PRWeb. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 00:00:00 GMT.
- Stock Market Today: Energy Leads Broad Market Snap-Back
Upbeat economic data helped provide a tailwind for most stocks, but energy really shone as tight inventories sent oil prices soaring.
Kyle Woodley. Kiplinger. Wed, 15 Sep 2021 20:24:16 GMT.
- Energy firm workers 'not consulted' over redundancies
Employment lawyer says former staff at People's Energy and Utility Point could take legal action over how their redundancies were handled.
BBC News. Wed, 15 Sep 2021 14:52:09 GMT.
- energate launches energy news service in English
(Essen, 15.09.21) The leading German energy news service 'energate messenger' is now also available in English. ...
Realwire. Wed, 15 Sep 2021 10:52:00 +0100.
- Biden expresses confidence on climate in renewable energy visit
President Biden projected confidence on Tuesday that he'll accomplish his climate goals amid questions over whether Democrats will be able to get their spending bill across the finish line."We've set a goal and ...
Alex Gangitano and Rachel Frazin. The Hill. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 22:37:10 +0000.
- Why Does Coffee Sometimes Make Me Tired?
Caffeine has a well-justified reputation for being an energy booster, but becoming too dependent on it will have the opposite effect.
Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 15 Sep 2021 05:00:00 +1000.
- Protecting Jobs And The Environment: The Need For Green Tariffs
These policies are designed to spur clean energy production, reduce carbon usage, and encourage Americans to buy environmentally friendly autos.
By Steve Banker, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 12:45:40 -0400.
- Italy considers power bill reform as energy costs soar
Retail power prices in Italy are due to rise by 40 per cent in the next quarter, energy transition minister Roberto Cingolani said on Monday
Stephen Jewkes. The Independent. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 16:42:14 GMT.
- Consumer prices cooled in August, easing inflation concerns
Excluding volatile food and energy costs, prices around the U.S. have risen 4% over the last year.
CBS News. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 09:13:38 -0400.
- Firm behind 'world's most powerful tidal turbine' to head up new $31 million energy project
Orbital Marine Power will assume role of project coordinator and lead technology developer.
CNBC. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 12:58:37 GMT.
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
Energy News Articles