We rely heavily on electricity and gas as forms of energy to power our
world. As our consumption of energy in these forms intersects with
rising costs and a dwindling supply, businesses and governments are faced
with the task of finding ways to cut expenditure, as well as harness
alternative means of energy production. The need for "green energy"
which can be extracted, generated, or consumed without negatively
impacting the environment is an important current issue. Promising
sustainable energy solutions include wind power, hydroelectricity, solar
energy, and geothermal energy.
Browse the headlines below to find relevant, up-to-date energy news from
around the globe.
- LyondellBasell (LYB) Inks First Two Renewable Energy PPA
LyondellBasell's (LYB) purchase agreements support its climate goal of obtaining a minimum of 50% electricity from renewable sources by 2030.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 04 Jul 2022 16:19:00 GMT.
- Wanted: A fossil-fuel Independence Day
Sadly, the American people are still not free of tyranny. Now, it's our energy system.
William S. Becker, Opinion Contributor. The Hill. Mon, 04 Jul 2022 15:00:00 +0000.
- Sri Lanka energy minister warns petrol stocks about to run dry
The crisis-hit country's next shipment of petrol is not due to arrive until later this month.
BBC News. Mon, 04 Jul 2022 14:58:41 GMT.
- Zelensky proposes to start rebuilding Ukraine before hostilities are over
According to the Ukrainian President, "economic, energy and social" challenges remain for a significant part of the country, and they must be resolved before winter comes
Tass. Mon, 04 Jul 2022 17:51:13 +0300.
- Alicia Barnett reveals how periods affect female players
Gloucestershire-born Alicia Barnett, 28, said that she was 'stressed' during pre-qualifying because she had a heavy period, and said it affects co-ordination and energy levels;
Daily Mail. Mon, 04 Jul 2022 12:03:06 +0100.
- CBS Weekend News, July 3, 2022
Akron police release video of Jayland Walker shooting; Debate rages in California over how to fund renewable energy
CBS News. Mon, 04 Jul 2022 05:13:53 -0400.
- With no fuel and no cash, Sri Lanka grinds to a halt
Less than a day's worth of fuel remains, says the energy minister, as the cash-strapped nation extends school closures.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 04 Jul 2022 08:18:41 +0000.
- The G-7 is considering a price cap on Russian oil. But energy analysts think it's impossible
The G-7's pursuit of a price ceiling on Russian oil is not without its challenges, with energy analysts highly skeptical about the integrity of the proposal.
CNBC. Mon, 04 Jul 2022 05:36:03 GMT.
- Rising prices push Scotland towards household debt crisis
Food and energy bills are causing a significant fall in real incomes, a Holyrood report warns.
BBC News. Sat, 02 Jul 2022 15:51:33 GMT.
- Regulator urges Germans to prepare for possible gas shortage
Fearing Russia might cut off natural gas supplies, the head of Germany's regulatory agency for energy called on residents Saturday to save energy and to prepare for winter, when use increases.
Kirsten Grieshaber. Washington Times. Sat, 02 Jul 2022 07:41:52 -0400.
- Sen Chuck Grassley explains link between high food and energy prices
Sen. Chuck Grassley connected the dots between exorbitant food prices and energy prices and chimed in on the Senate filibuster debate Friday on "Your World."
Fox News Staff. Fox News. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 23:59:26 GMT.
- Renewable energy solutions not the silver bullet to Singapore's energy conundrum
Renewable energy sources can only supplement a small portion of Singapore's energy mix.
Straits Times. Sat, 02 Jul 2022 05:00:00 +0800.
- Energy companies fork over $22 million to drill on federal land in first oil, gas sales under Biden
The first onshore oil and natural gas lease sales under President Biden fetched $22 million from energy companies that gained access to more than 100 square miles of federal land in Western states.
Ramsey Touchberry. Washington Times. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 09:45:21 -0400.
- Court Decision Leaves Biden With Few Tools to Combat Climate Change
A Supreme Court ruling, combined with an energy crunch and intraparty politics, makes it nearly impossible for President Biden to achieve his climate goals.
Coral Davenport. New York Times. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 08:08:25 +0000.
- California proposes using fossil fuels to avoid blackouts
Proposed energy bill would allow state to tap into gas-powered plants and diesel generators when hot weather strains grid.
CBS News. Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:25:28 -0400.
- Gazprom shares crater after Russian energy giant cancels dividend for first time since 1998
In recent weeks, reduced Russian gas flows to Europe via the Nord Stream 1 pipeline have ratcheted up fears of a possible winter supply shortage.
CNBC. Thu, 30 Jun 2022 14:16:18 GMT.
- A Scramble For African Energy
Energy-hungry eyes in Europe turn to Sub-Saharan Africa as a solution to its energy woes, but what does this gaze mean for European climate policy and African energy politics?
By Ariel Cohen, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 30 Jun 2022 09:02:41 -0400.
- Cummins Strives To Meet The Challenge Of A Complex Energy Transition
Success in the ongoing energy transition will require development of an array of solutions to satisfy a variety of applications. One U.S. company, Cummins, is working to provide such solutions in the transportation sector.
By David Blackmon, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 30 Jun 2022 07:55:46 -0400.
- Lockheed Martin, US Navy seek to develop operational concepts for ship-board laser
As the US Navy (USN) and Lockheed Martin work through the installation of the company's High Energy Laser with Integrated Optical-dazzler and Surveillance (HELIOS) ...
Janes 360. Thu, 30 Jun 2022 04:50:09 Z.
- Will I get £400 energy rebate if bills are included in my rent?
Tenants fear they could miss out on a £400 energy discount after Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced a rebate for homes.
Sky News. Wed, 29 Jun 2022 14:28:00 +0100.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
Energy News Articles