We rely heavily on electricity and gas as forms of energy to power our
world. As our consumption of energy in these forms intersects with
rising costs and a dwindling supply, businesses and governments are faced
with the task of finding ways to cut expenditure, as well as harness
alternative means of energy production. The need for "green energy"
which can be extracted, generated, or consumed without negatively
impacting the environment is an important current issue. Promising
sustainable energy solutions include wind power, hydroelectricity, solar
energy, and geothermal energy.
Browse the headlines below to find relevant, up-to-date energy news from
around the globe.
- DTE Energy (DTE) to Post Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards?
DTE Energy (DTE) announces the execution of a binding letter agreement with WGL Midstream to acquire 30% of Stonewall Gas Gathering for $275.3 million during the quarter.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 19 Jul 2019 20:46:00 GMT.
- This Energy Transition Is Not Another Moonshot
Many have called the pending low-carbon energy transition this generation's moonshot. While there are some parallels between the two efforts, there are more dissimilarities. ...
By Brian Murray, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 19 Jul 2019 18:38:00 +0000.
- How pay-as-you go energy systems could help with access to electricity in Africa
How are social business models looking to broaden people's access to clean forms of energy?
CNBC. Fri, 19 Jul 2019 07:49 GMT.
- China's energy mix has become 'significantly more diversified'
Prakash Sharma of Wood Mackenzie discusses China's economy and energy needs. He says sectors such as technology, robotics and electric vehicle in China will receive more investment than traditional ones.
CNBC. Fri, 19 Jul 2019 07:06 GMT.
- Sustainability and Global Warming Give Birth to Renewable Energy
Environmental nonprofits need a constant parade of future dangers in order to keep the interest of members and donors.
American Thinker. Fri, 19 Jul 2019 00:00:00 -0500.
- 5 Supplements to Help Boost Energy and Fight Fatigue
In an ideal world, we'd obtain all the proper energy-boosting nutrients we need from the foods we eat. But in this fast-paced world, many of us don't take the time to eat properly and or get enough rest. ...
Newsmax. Thu, 18 Jul 2019 19:37:59 EDT.
- Massive new transmissions network to lower prices and stabilise the power grid
A $370 million plan to feed Victoria's booming renewable sector into the national energy grid would deliver almost double the benefit.
Rob Harris. Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 18 Jul 2019 23:45:00 +1000.
- Lavrov slams attempts to make Europe buy American LNG as undemocratic
According to the Russian foreign minister, it is wrong to take advantage of energy cooperation to settle political scores
Tass. Thu, 18 Jul 2019 08:59:49 +0300.
- Could the heat of the Earth's crust become the ultimate energy source?
Scientists have developed a very stable battery cell that can directly convert heat into electricity, thus finally providing a way for exploiting geothermal energy in a sustainable way.
Science Daily. Wed, 17 Jul 2019 23:03:47 EDT.
- Research Headlines - Propelling wind turbines further offshore
An EU-funded project has developed an innovative substructure for wind turbines that dramatically cuts the cost of their installation in deep water. This could help harness wind energy further offshore.
European Commission. Thu, 18 Jul 2019 00:00:00 GMT.
- SOFFA moves to full House vote
The Energy & Commerce Committee of the U.S. House of Representatives has unanimously approved the Safer Occupancy Flammability Act. The post SOFFA moves to full House vote appeared first on Furniture Today.
Slaughter. Furniture Today. Wed, 17 Jul 2019 20:35:49 +0000.
- Providers notch wins in House surprise billing legislation
The House Energy and Commerce Committee cleared legislation to ban surprise bills with an arbitration option and other provider-friendly changes.
Susannah Luthi. Modern Healthcare. Wed, 17 Jul 2019 16:18:19 EDT.
- Solar And Hydrogen Boats Win The Future In Monaco
34 teams from 14 nation took part in the sixth annual Monaco Solar and Energy Boat Challenge. Pretty much all of them won.
By Sebastian Blanco, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 17 Jul 2019 19:03:45 +0000.
- Medical News Today: Ancient survival mechanism may contribute to obesity epidemic
Like starvation, overeating stresses cells and causes a similar slowdown in the release of energy from fat storage, a new mouse study suggests.
Medical News Today. Wed, 17 Jul 2019 09:00:00 PDT.
- Democratic fundraising tool raises big money from small donors
"These numbers show that there is incredible energy among the grassroots already, and we're still more than a year out from Election Day"
CBS News. Wed, 17 Jul 2019 09:03:35 -0400.
- Children under 16 'will be BANNED from buying energy drinks'
The intervention by Matt Hancock, a vocal supporter of Mr Johnson since dropping out of the leadership contest, underlines the tensions between groups of his backers.
Daily Mail. Wed, 17 Jul 2019 12:02:40 +0100.
- State funding change to increase rural Alaska utility bills
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) - Residents of rural Alaska will be hit with rising energy costs after a statewide funding change. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 17 Jul 2019 00:23:25 -0400.
- Joe Biden support falters among progressive activists
The Netroots Nation convention in Philadelphia showcased the far-left energy of the Democratic Party, but that enthusiasm was not for the party's presidential front-runner, Joseph R. ...
S.a. Miller. Washington Times. Tue, 16 Jul 2019 19:36:05 -0400.
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson balances 'estrogenic' energy at home with testosterone onscreen
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is outnumbered by women at home, but wouldn't have it any other way.
Jessica Sager. Fox News. Mon, 15 Jul 2019 17:20:09 GMT.
- Scottish wind power output at record high
Research suggests turbines could power over four million homes in a "wind energy revolution".
BBC News. Sun, 14 Jul 2019 23:26:52 GMT.