- Covid lockdowns: Third wave sweeps Europe while UK re-opens
Restaurant owners chanting 'we are all workers' gathered in Rome before police blocked them off from an area outside the Prime Minister's office Chigi Palace and confined them to a central plaza.
Daily Mail. Tue, 13 Apr 2021 00:07:33 GMT.
- Pentagon chief on inaugural tour of Europe to shore up ties
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin is taking an inaugural tour of Europe nearly a year after President Donald Trump ordered U.S. troop cuts to Germany as a kind of punishment for Berlin
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Mon, 12 Apr 2021 20:07:15 GMT.
- Soccer Legend Lionel Messi Adds Luxury Ski Resort To His Growing Hotel Empire
The soccer superstar has eyes on expanding with new hotels throughout Europe.
By Jim Dobson, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:05:30 -0400.
- Belarus Takes Euronews Off The Air
Belarusian authorities have stopped the European news network Euronews from broadcasting inside the country.
Radio Liberty. Mon, 12 Apr 2021 14:59:59 +0000.
- Abbott (ABT) Gets Europe Nod for TriClip G4 to Treat TR
Per Abbott's (ABT) TRILUMINATE CE Mark study, the latest version shows sustained symptomatic improvement, reduction in the severity of TR and improvement in functional status.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 12 Apr 2021 13:19:00 GMT.
- Covid-19 vaccines: Gordon Brown on G7 helping poorer countries
The US and Europe should each pay a quarter of the cost to help vaccinate poorer nations, says the former UK PM.
BBC News. Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:05:47 GMT.
- Brisbane company wins European approval for rapid COVID-19 tests
A Brisbane-based firm has won approval from European regulators to sell its 15-minute COVID-19 rapid test.
Lydia Lynch. Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 12 Apr 2021 17:32:18 +1000.
- Oxford Street: Wooing shoppers back to Europe's busiest high street
Empty stores and American sweets - what consumers on Oxford Street can expect to see as shops reopen.
BBC News. Sun, 11 Apr 2021 23:01:29 GMT.
- Victims of 'forced confessions' urge Western powers to ban Chinese TV channels
Thirteen people who describe themselves as "victims of forced confessions broadcast on Chinese television" are urging European satellite operator Eutelsat to reconsider carrying Chinese channels CGTN and CCTV4.
News Wires. France 24. Sun, 11 Apr 2021 22:28:31 GMT.
- Blinken to return to Brussels to discuss Russia, Ukraine tensions
Secretary of State Antony Blinken will join Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin for discussions at NATO headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, regarding Iran, Russia and Afghanistan, a top U.S. official said on ...
John Bowden. The Hill. Sun, 11 Apr 2021 19:58:08 +0000.
- Blinken: US concerned about situation on Russian-Ukrainian border
Washington is currently in close contact with its allies and partners in Europe, US Secretary of State said
Tass. Sun, 11 Apr 2021 17:36:35 +0300.
- Johnson and Johnson vaccine investigated for rare blood clot side effect
The European drug regulator has revealed it is reviewing rare blood clots suffered by recipients of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine in the United States.The European Medicines Agency (EMA) said it was investigating four ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 10 Apr 2021 18:19:28 +1200.
- German industrial production down again in February
BERLIN (AP) - Industrial production in Germany dropped for a second consecutive month in February, official data showed Friday, a showing that increases the likelihood of Europe's biggest economy having contracted in the first quarter. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 09 Apr 2021 05:03:18 -0400.
- Help! I Want to Go to Europe in August. Is This a Pipe Dream?
Much of the continent remains closed to Americans because of the virus, but many travelers want to visit this summer. Will their plans materialize?
Sarah Firshein. New York Times. Fri, 09 Apr 2021 09:00:19 +0000.
- World shares mixed, US futures higher
BANGKOK (AP) - European shares opened higher on Friday and U.S. futures gained after a lackluster session in Asia. Germany's DAX edged up 0.1% to 15,222.44 and the CAC 40 in Paris picked up 0.3% to 6,182.93. ...
Elaine Kurtenbach. Washington Times. Fri, 09 Apr 2021 02:49:35 -0400.
- European Dividend Aristocrats: 39 Top-Flight International Dividend Stocks
The European Dividend Aristocrats don't have quite the payout-growth longevity of their American counterparts, but they still offer dividend hikes and blue-chip stability.
Lisa Springer. Kiplinger. Thu, 08 Apr 2021 19:57:00 GMT.
- Is This 4,000-Year-Old Bronze Age Slab the Oldest Known Map in Europe?
New research suggests the stone, first discovered in 1900, may have represented the territory of an ancient king
Smithsonian. Wed, 07 Apr 2021 16:32:34 +0000.
- Rare clots possibly linked to AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, EU agency says
The European Medicines Agency described the clots as "very rare" side effects, saying the benefits of the shot still outweigh risks.
Ap. ABC News. Wed, 07 Apr 2021 14:59:29 +0000.
- World Powers, Iran Hold 'Constructive' Talks on Reviving Nuclear Deal
European intermediaries are shuttling between Iranian and U.S. officials in Vienna as they seek to bring both countries back into compliance.
Voice of America. Tue, 06 Apr 2021 18:58:40 -0400.
- In shinty or in golf, Robert MacIntyre shows plenty of fight
Robert MacIntyre was 12 tournaments into his rookie season on the European Tour when he wanted to go home to Scotland, a surprise only because of his blue-collar nature to never shy away from a fight.
Fox News. Mon, 05 Apr 2021 16:54:59 GMT.