- Delay Brexit deadline amid coronavirus, say MEPS
The UK is due to stop following EU rules by the end of 2020 but a group of MEPs say the date should be pushed back.
BBC News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 21:13:23 GMT.
- Amid coronavirus outbreak, Hungary's Viktor Orban reaches for unchecked power
Rights groups said the move effectively suspends democracy in the European Union member state in the name of fighting the coronavirus.
Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 08:06:41 +1100.
- Irish Open: Mount Juliet European Tour event postponed because of coronavirus
The European Tour confirm the postponement of the Irish Open because of the continuing threat posed by the coronavirus.
BBC News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:44:04 GMT.
- Coronavirus could spell end of EU if the countries do not agree to share rescue package debt
Paolo Gentiloni, a former prime minister of Italy, said it was essential for Germany, the bloc's most powerful member, to come to an agreement over debt with states which have been hardest hit.
Daily Mail. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 13:39:55 +0100.
- Call It Corona-Hopscotch: How To Get To The U.S. If You Are In Europe Now
There is a new protocol for Americans getting out of Europe: Corona hopscotch. ...
By Guy Martin, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:34:44 +0000.
- JinkoSolar increases philanthropic efforts by donating one million face masks to 20 more countries
SHANGHAI, March 30, 2020 -- JinkoSolar announced that it will increase its philanthropic efforts during the global coronavirus pandemic by donating one million face masks to 20 more countries across North America, Europe and Asia. ...
PR Newswire. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:16:00 +0000.
- Polish manufacturers, U.S. importers see mutual opportunity
The growth potential for Polish and other Eastern European furniture manufacturers in the U.S. market comes from two sides. The post Polish manufacturers, U.S. importers see mutual opportunity appeared first on Furniture Today.
Slaughter. Furniture Today. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 10:15:52 +0000.
- European Stocks Trading in Negative Territory
Asian stock markets begin new week on down note over continuing worries about coronavirus pandemic.
Voice of America. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 03:44:41 -0400.
- Age isn't the only risk for severe coronavirus disease
And as cases skyrocket in the U.S. and Europe, it's becoming more clear that how healthy you were before the pandemic began plays a key role in how you fare regardless of how old you are.
Associated Press. Modern Healthcare. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 15:05:53 EDT.
- The week in pictures: Here's what Sweden looks like during the coronavirus outbreak
Unlike much of the rest of Europe, in Sweden there is no official lockdown due to the coronavirus, although people in risk groups or with cold- or flu-like symptoms are urged to stay at home. ...
The Local. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 18:25:52 +0200.
- Canada turning to makeshift hospitals to house patients as COVID-19 pandemic stretches capacity
Countries in Europe and states like New York have commandeered vast spaces normally reserved for conferences or sporting events to house the thousands of patients sickened by COVID-19. Leaders in Canada are now preparing to do the same.
CBC News. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 04:00:00 EDT.
- Italy, Spain Hardest Hit by Coronavirus in Europe
France expecting the worst to come, Germany has managed to keep the death toll low compared with high number of infections.
Voice of America. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 01:59:28 -0400.
- EU will help Ireland with virus fallout - but not 'debt-sharing'
Is the EU again being "shown up" by the coronavirus economic fallout?
Irish Independent. Sat, 28 Mar 2020 02:30:00 +0000.
- IATA Welcomes EC Efforts to Keep Air Cargo Flowing
IATA welcomed the European Commissions (EC) Guidelines on Facilitating Air Cargo Operations During COVID-19 Outbreak.
Travel Industry Wire. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 13:11:18 EST.
- COVID-19 and automakers: All the plants shut down due to the coronavirus - Roadshow
Automakers across the US and Europe have all declared temporary shutdowns, including Detroit's Big Three.
Sean Szymkowski. CNET. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 13:18:00 +0000.
- PlayStation's 'slower or delayed game downloads' extended to US, Sony says - CNET
The slowdown applies to the US and Europe as of Friday, but multiplayer games should run normally.
Sean Keane. CNET. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:00:00 +0000.
- European markets lower after stimulus surge on Wall Street
BANGKOK (AP) - Shares skidded early Friday in Europe after a mixed day in Asia, where Tokyo's Nikkei 225 jumped while Australia's benchmark sank 5%. U.S. ...
Elaine Kurtenbach. Washington Times. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 02:11:05 -0400.
- How stable is deep ocean circulation in warmer climate?
If circulation of deep waters in the Atlantic stops or slows due to climate change, it could cause cooling in northern North America and Europe - a scenario that has occurred during past cold glacial periods. ...
Science Daily. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 14:43:53 EDT.
- Volunteer Initiative Rooms Against Covid Mobilizes Properties to Support Relocated Healthcare Professionals
With Covid-19 on the rise in Europe, tech startups and lodging associations have joined forces to launch the non-profit Rooms Against Covid initiative. ...
Hsyndicate. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 12:11:37 +0200.
- Top EU Diplomat: 'Venezuela or Iran May Well Collapse'
The European Union's top diplomat warned Wednesday the ongoing coronavirus outbreak could cause Iran or Venezuela to "collapse without our support," the Washington Examiner reports.
Newsmax. Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:05:24 EDT.