- Gas reserves in European underground storages 15 bcm below average, says Gazprom Export
Gas consumption in Russia increased by 46 bln cubic meters in January-September
Tass. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 04:09:52 +0300.
- Why broken African phones are shipped to Europe
A lack of recycling facilities in Africa has spurred one Dutch company to import broken phones.
BBC News. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 00:22:37 GMT.
- Sacchi's 'immortal' AC Milan and their brush with death in Belgrade
In November 1988, AC Milan travelled to Belgrade for a European Cup tie that would see one of their team-mates needing on-pitch resuscitation.
BBC News. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 00:01:20 GMT.
- Chicago pays tribute to fashion designer Virgil Abloh after losing private battle with cancer
Abloh -- who was originally from Rockford, Illinois but grew up in Chicago -- was a trailblazer, becoming the first African-American to head a major European fashion house.
Wls. ABC News. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:35:20 +0000.
- UBER Hit by Brussels Court Order, Shares Down More Than 3%
A Brussels court order bans UBER's taxi services in the city, affecting about 2000 of its drivers. The company is urging the Belgian government to reform its taxi service laws.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:59:00 GMT.
- Angela Merkel stuns Germany by choosing song by PUNK rocker for leaving ceremony
Merkel, 67, is stepping down on Thursday after 16 years at the forefront of European politics as Germany's Chancellor. A marching band will play an East German punk song at her leaving ceremony.
Daily Mail. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:50:41 +0000.
- Hydrogenious Is Using Conventional Fuel Infrastructure To Scale Green Hydrogen Adoption
Using LOHC technology to enable the transportation and storage of hydrogen produced from the cheapest renewable energy source into Europe.
By Ankit Mishra, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 08:30:00 -0500.
- Joe Biden told it will take 14 days before the US knows the impact of omicron
United States, Australia, countries in Europe and Asia have banned air travel from South Africa
Shweta Sharma. The Independent. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 06:30:27 GMT.
- NATO Chief Touts Alliance's Forces In Baltics Ahead Of Foreign Ministers Meeting In Riga
NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg is scheduled to visit a combat-ready battle group in Latvia on November 29 ahead of a meeting of NATO foreign ministers in Riga later this week.
Radio Liberty. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 06:28:35 +0000.
- Taiwan, Europe Must Defend Democracy Together, President Says
Taiwan and Europe must work together to defend against authoritarianism and disinformation, President Tsai Ing-wen told visiting lawmakers from the Baltic states of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia on Monday. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 01:02:25 -0500.
- Taiwan, Europe must defend democracy together, says Tsai Ing-wen
President Tsai Ing-wen said Taiwan and the Baltic nations share similar experiences.
Straits Times. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 11:14:37 +0800.
- Omicron variant: European country bans Christmas markets, public drinking in bid to combat COVID-19 wave
Thousands of Czechs gathered in Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, to protest new COVID-19 restrictions banning the popular Christmas markets and the public consumption of alcohol, such as mulled wine.
Tyler O'neil. Fox News. Sun, 28 Nov 2021 22:56:54 GMT.
- They Twice Gave Up Everything to Flee Iraq. They Keep Getting Sent Back.
Bria Ali and her family have twice tried to make it to Germany, desperate for a better life. They are now back home with thousands of others who made it to Europe in recent months only to be deported.
Jane Arraf. New York Times. Sun, 28 Nov 2021 20:55:38 +0000.
- Live: Countries race to contain Omicron Covid variant, as new cases appear in Europe
The US, Canada and Australia joined a growing list of countries imposing travel restrictions from southern Africa on Saturday after the discovery of the new Omicron coronavirus variant sparked global concern. ...
France 24. France 24. Sat, 27 Nov 2021 06:24:06 GMT.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: European countries battle to save Christmas amid Covid surge
Europe is scrambling to regain control over a resurgent coronavirus as Christmas approaches, even in countries that feature high vaccination rates.Berlin, Paris and Lisbon were among capitals weighing tighter Covid ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 27 Nov 2021 09:19:18 +1200.
- ASX set to edge higher as European markets take centre stage
With Wall Street closed for its Thanksgiving holiday, European shares rose were in focus.
Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 26 Nov 2021 05:20:17 +1100.
- EU nations to mull options for new innovation hub within European Defence Agency
The European Union (EU) intends to create a defence innovation hub within the European Defence Agency (EDA) to accelerate the joint research, development, and testing ...
Janes 360. Wed, 24 Nov 2021 17:35:07 Z.
- Merck asks EU regulator to authorize its COVID-19 pill
AMSTERDAM (AP) – The European Medicines Agency said it has received a request from Merck to authorize its coronavirus antiviral, the first pill shown to treat COVID-19. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 23 Nov 2021 12:34:45 -0500.
- White House rejects return of COVID-19 shutdowns as Europe's new lockdowns spark protests
The White House said Monday it has no plans to shut down the economy again as COVID-19 chaos seizes Europe, with lockdowns meant to thwart a fourth wave triggering violent protests. ...
Tom Howell Jr.. Washington Times. Mon, 22 Nov 2021 18:19:01 -0500.
- Hundreds of Kurdish Migrants Return Home From Belarus
Hundreds of Kurds who had camped along Belarus' border for weeks were forced to return home Thursday after failing to enter the European Union. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 19 Nov 2021 21:33:00 -0500.