- Tesla to build first European factory in Berlin
Elon Musk says "outstanding" German engineering is part of the reason he picked the new factory site.
BBC News. Wed, 13 Nov 2019 02:44:21 GMT.
- Brexit: Claims about EU tax rules fact-checked
People keep claiming on social media that a tax avoidance deadline has been driving the Brexit agenda.
BBC News. Wed, 13 Nov 2019 00:38:09 GMT.
- Brussels demands Boris Johnson appoint the UK's new European commissioner by the end of the week
Incoming Commission president German Ursula von der Leyen today sent the Prime Minister a letter outlining her demands, after failing to get a reply to a previous demand last week.
Daily Mail. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 15:48:49 +0000.
- Can European Buyouts Aid Canopy Growth's (CGC) Q2 Earnings?
Canopy Growth (CGC) acquires a number of European companies to expand its production base across a region that promises great opportunities.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 14:56:00 GMT.
- Jailed Catalan leader could have sought immunity from European Parliament -court adviser
A jailed Catalan separatist leader elected to the European Parliament while in detention had the right to ask lawmakers to decide whether to uphold his immunity, an adviser to the European Court of Justice said on Tuesday.
Irish Independent. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 13:34:04 +0000.
- Rainsy: EU Trade Move to Bolster Bid for Cambodian Democracy
The EU finalized a preliminary report Tuesday that Sam Rainsy said would be the basis for suspending trade privileges for Cambodia.
Voice of America. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 07:14:12 -0500.
- The Latest: UK Labour Party hit by large-scale cyberattack
LONDON (AP) - The Latest on Britain's Dec. 12 election and the country's impending departure from the European Union (all times local): 10:30 a.m. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 05:38:36 -0500.
- UEFA signs Takeaway.com to replace McDonald's at Euro 2020
NYON, Switzerland (AP) - UEFA has announced a new food sector sponsor for the European Championship, replacing McDonald's which owned the slot since 1992. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 04:26:00 -0500.
- Third-Quarter Profit Narrowing a Symptom of Global Revenue Slowdown
The third quarter wrapped in September and presented two different portraits of the United States and Europe in relation to hotel performance, according to data from HotStats. ...
Hsyndicate. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 10:13:55 +0200.
- European Signatories Call on Iran to Reverse Actions Against Nuclear Deal
Saying they have upheld their responsibilities, France, Germany, Britain and the European Union urge Iran to fully cooperate.
Voice of America. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 02:59:23 -0500.
- The Ebola Vaccine Is Now Officially Here With Approval In Europe
In big global health news, the European Commission has granted Merck Sharp and Dohme B.V. marketing authorization in Europe for Ervebo.
By Bruce Y. Lee, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 00:22:39 +0000.
- Sombre Remembrance Day services held across Europe
French President Emmanuel Macron marked Remembrance Day on Monday by relighting the flame at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier under the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
CBC News. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 08:51:48 EST.
- Turkey October garment exports hit by EU lull
Turkey's apparel and garment exports have edged up just 0.3% in the first ten months to October to US$14.8bn according to latest figures from the Istanbul Apparel Exporters Association (IHKIB).
Just Style. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 13:42:00 GMT.
- Is the world entering the age of forgetting?
Xenophobic populism is tearing at the foundations of peace in modern Europe, but Australia is not immune.
Peter Hartcher. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 00:00:00 +1100.
- Events - ETIP Bioenergy - 9th Stakeholder Plenary Meeting - 20-21 November 2019, Brussels, Belgium
The 9th Stakeholder Plenary Meeting (SPM9) of the European Technology and Innovation Platform Bioenergy will be held on 20 and 21 November 2019 in Brussels. ...
European Commission. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 00:00:00 GMT.
- Germany, Allies Mark 30 Years Since Berlin Wall Fell
Saturday marks 30 years since the opening of the Berlin Wall, a pivotal moment in the events that brought down communism in eastern Europe.
Ap. ABC News. Sat, 09 Nov 2019 23:26:32 +0000.
- Sweden headed for economic slowdown EU warns
The European Union has warned that Sweden's economy is facing a marked slowdown, with unemployment set to rise above seven percent as companies cut back on investment.
The Local. Sat, 09 Nov 2019 22:03:29 +0100.
- EBRD, EIB: Hurry in land reform inappropriate
A rapid implementation of land reform in Ukraine may lead to irreversible errors, Managing Director of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) for Eastern Europe and the Caucasus Matteo Patrone believes. ...
Victoria Petrenko. Kyiv Post. Sat, 09 Nov 2019 11:41:28 +0000.
- Study: Women Lag Men in Receipt of Kidney Transplants, Dialysis
More men than women get kidney transplants and dialysis even though more women need these treatments for chronic kidney disease, a European study suggests. ...
Newsmax. Fri, 08 Nov 2019 12:00:44 EDT.
- Neanderthal extinction linked to human diseases
Complex disease transmission patterns could explain why it took tens of thousands of years after first contact for our ancestors to replace Neanderthals throughout Europe and Asia.
Science Daily. Thu, 07 Nov 2019 16:06:10 EST.