- EU debates how and when to start trade talks with Trump
European ministers will begin debating on Friday how and when to start trade negotiations with the United States, aware that U.S. President Donald Trump may impose punitive tariffs on EU car imports if the bloc waits too long.
Reuters. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 23:02:51 -0500.
- Brexit: May urged to take no-deal option off the table or face major rebellion
Dozens of Tory MPs want May to delay EU departure if deal cannot be reached
Shaun Connolly. The Independent. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 01:04:00 +0000.
- How did Scottish sides fare in Europe this season?
BBC Scotland analyses the impact of Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibernian and Rangers on the European stage this term after the nation's final representative is knocked out.
BBC News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 23:29:43 GMT.
- HP expands DaaS for Apple across Europe
HP expands the footprint of its IT management services to meet the needs of increasingly mobile and remote workforces.
ZDNet. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 23:06:51 +0000.
- Celtic: Jeremy Toljan red 'took game away' in Valencia - Brendan Rodgers
Jeremy Toljan's sending-off "took the game away" from Celtic, says Brendan Rodgers after his side's European season ends.
BBC News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 21:24:15 GMT.
- Theresa May defends 'moderate, open-hearted' Tories in robust letter to three defectors
Theresa May said they were wrong to suggest the party had been lost to a right-wing fringe obsessed with the European Union and Brexit.
Daily Mail. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 21:11:25 +0000.
- Pompeo: Countries that use Huawei tech pose a risk to the US - CNET
The US again discourages Europe from using Huawei's 5G technology.
Marrian Zhou. CNET. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 21:06:29 +0000.
- How Brexit Will Affect British Nationals And Trade In The EU
Amid continuing uncertainty over Brexit in Britain, countries across the European Union are making preparing for a UK exit - hard or soft. ...
By Roger Aitken, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 15:20:00 -0500.
- The other trade war: Europe prepares risky response to US attack on 'crown jewels'
Donald Trump's spat with China is stealing most of the headlines, but another trade war is looming.
Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 07:12:00 +1100.
- Japan wants frictionless UK-EU trade after Brexit: ambassador
Japan wants Britain to have frictionless trade with the European Union after Brexit, its ambassador said Thursday, insisting a damaging no-deal scenario should be avoided. ...
Yahoo. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 13:35:27 -0500.
- Estonians kick off online voting for March election
Balloting has started for next month's general election in Estonia, a day after Microsoft warned that hackers linked to Russia allegedly had targeted democratic institutions in Europe
ABC News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 13:30:28 -0500.
- Japan wants frictionless UK-EU trade after Brexit, says ambassador
LONDON (AFP) - Japan wants Britain to have frictionless trade with the European Union after Brexit, its ambassador said on Thursday (Feb 21), insisting a damaging no-deal scenario should be avoided.
Straits Times. Fri, 22 Feb 2019 02:19:17 +0800.
- EU blocked visa-free regime with Russia for artificial reasons, Moscow says
Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov noted that Russia and the EU have been negotiating a visa-free regime for a long time, with Brussels imposing a series of conditions on Moscow
Tass. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 20:07:37 +0300.
- The Latest: UK says trade deals won't be ready by Brexit day
The Latest on Britain's withdrawal from the European Union (all times local): 3:55 p.m.
Fox News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 16:24:16 GMT.
- Microsoft (MSFT) Extends AccountGuard Access Across Europe
Microsoft (MSFT) recently announced that it is extending AccountGuard service to 12 new European countries, now totaling to 14.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 14:08:00 GMT.
- European Central Bank feared slowdown worse than expected
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) - Top officials of the European Central Bank worried at their last meeting that the slowdown in economic growth might be "deeper and more broad-based" than previously suspected. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 07:36:04 -0500.
- Tajik Opposition Figure 'Taken Away' After Return From Self-Imposed Exile, Mother Says
The mother of a Tajik opposition activist who resurfaced in Dushanbe last week from self-imposed exile in Europe says her son was "taken away" after spending one night at his family home.
Radio Liberty. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 12:35:30 +0000.
- Northern France insists it's ready for Brexit after sounding alarm
Northern France, with its huge ports and historic trading links to the UK, has more to fear than most if Britain makes a messy exit from the European Union, but the region's chief insists everything is ready, even if there's no deal.
The Local. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 12:26:23 +0100.
- EU's Juncker: Not optimistic no-deal Brexit can be avoided
BRUSSELS (AP) - EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker says despite constructive talks with British Prime Minister Theresa May he remains downbeat on the prospect of Britain avoiding a chaotic exit from the bloc next month. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 06:00:17 -0500.
- McIlroy will miss Irish Open to focus on preparing for Open at Royal Portrush
Rory McIlroy will maintain his European Tour membership this season, despite confirming he will miss the Irish Open to focus on preparing for the Open Championship at Royal Portrush.
Irish Independent. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 10:13:09 +0000.