- Is Brussels set to give way on fishing rights to secure a Brexit deal
EU Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier will meet with EU fishing ministers to discuss possible compromises over demands about their fleets continuing to access UK waters next year.
Daily Mail. Fri, 27 Nov 2020 00:55:51 +0000.
- Brexit: Face-to-face trade talks to resume in London
In-person meetings were suspended when EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier had to self-isolate.
BBC News. Thu, 26 Nov 2020 22:56:16 GMT.
- CSKA held by Feyenoord at home match of Europa League
This season, Russian football clubs have not won any single game in 16 European Cup matches
Tass. Fri, 27 Nov 2020 01:33:44 +0300.
- Neil Lennon: Celtic manager says 'no reason' side won't improve despite another defeat
Neil Lennon has "no reason" to believe Celtic cannot turn around their form, despite a second 4-1 defeat by Sparta Prague ending their European hopes.
BBC News. Thu, 26 Nov 2020 21:24:43 GMT.
- Brexit: Trade talks in fresh crisis as UK admits it does not know if EU will turn up
No-deal looms as deadline little more than a month away
Andrew Woodcock. The Independent. Thu, 26 Nov 2020 19:34:27 GMT.
- Hungary, Poland double down to try to eject rule-of-law condition from EU budget
The European Union is investigating the nationalist governments of the two countries for undermining the independence of their judiciaries and media.
Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 27 Nov 2020 05:59:01 +1100.
- Wedding Rings Lost in Shipwreck Will Be Returned to Migrant Couple
The owners of the two rings, which were found in a backpack in the Mediterranean, survived the capsizing of their vessel as they crossed from Libya to Europe.
Isabella Kwai. New York Times. Thu, 26 Nov 2020 17:16:12 +0000.
- IBM Reportedly Mulling 20% Workforce Reduction in Europe
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is likely to eliminate 10,000 jobs across Europe, mostly at Legacy IT services unit, per a Bloomberg report.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 26 Nov 2020 15:05:00 GMT.
- Ski holidays up in the air as Europe plans for a Covid-19 Christmas
Germany announced Wednesday that it will push for Europe to ban ski holidays in a bid to curb coronavirus infections, while cases of Covid-19 reached a new peak of more than 60 million globally.
News Wires. France 24. Thu, 26 Nov 2020 04:29:31 GMT.
- Europeans, Worried By China ElectricThreat, Must Be Spooked By Tesla Mass Market Hint
Europeans are struggling in the race to invent the affordable electric car and are being threatened by the Chinese and now Tesla. In high-price Europe, a tiny MINI E costs almost as much as an upmarket Tesla Model 3
By Neil Winton, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 25 Nov 2020 14:05:29 -0500.
- Switzerland sets post-Brexit quota for British migrants
GENEVA (AP) - The Swiss government says up to 3,500 migrants from Britain will be given permits to live and work in the Alpine nation next year, when Britain's post-Brexit transition with the European Union expires. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 25 Nov 2020 07:02:21 -0500.
- P&O Cruises Extends Pause in Operations into April 2021
P&O Cruises has extended the pause in operations into April 2021 in response to the current uncertainty around European ports of call.
Travel Industry Wire. 2020-11-24 16:14:13 EST.
- Brexit: UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson's 'final push' in EU negotiations
Boris Johnson is preparing to make a significant intervention in the Brexit trade talks this week as negotiators begin the "final push" before a deadline in eight days' time.The British Prime Minister is expected to speak to ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 23 Nov 2020 14:21:50 +1200.
- Research Headlines - Deepening our understanding of Europe's coastal waters
The ocean plays a vital role in our lives, both environmentally and economically. ...
European Commission. Mon, 23 Nov 2020 00:00:00 GMT.
- U.S.-European mission launches to monitor the world's oceans
The Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite will extend a nearly 30-year continuous dataset on sea level collected by an ongoing collaboration of U.S. ...
Science Daily. Sun, 22 Nov 2020 09:40:39 EST.
- SpaceX launches NASA-European sea level monitor
- US-European 'climate guardian' satellite to monitor oceans
A U.S.-European satellite designed to extend a decades-long measurement of global sea surface heights has been launched into Earth orbit from California.
Ap. ABC News. Sun, 22 Nov 2020 05:37:09 +0000.
- EU Urges Reforms In Bosnia On 25th Anniversary Of Dayton Peace Accords
European Union foreign policy chief Josep Borrell used the 25th anniversary of the peace agreement that ended the war in Bosnia to urge Bosnia's political leaders to overcome ethnic divisions and prepare their nation to join the EU.
Radio Liberty. Sat, 21 Nov 2020 17:46:16 +0000.
- Researchers Are Recreating Europe's Centuries-Old Scents
A team of scientists will curate an "encyclopedia of smell heritage" that spans the 16th through early 20th centuries
Smithsonian. Thu, 19 Nov 2020 20:23:12 +0000.
- Brexit negotiations suspended after official tests positive for coronavirus
As if the Brexit trade negotiations were not tortuous enough, the coronavirus added a twist at a crucial stage on Thursday when top-level talks had to be suspended because an EU negotiator tested positive for COVID-19.
Fox News. Thu, 19 Nov 2020 18:24:56 GMT.