- The Latest: Tusk says Johnson's plan will yield hard border
LONDON (AP) - The Latest on Britain's plan to leave the European Union (all times local): 11:40 a.m. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 06:43:18 -0400.
- Britain's Boris Johnson Appeals To EU To Drop 'Irish Backstop' Demand
The prime minister, in a letter to EU Council President Donald Tusk, calls the backstop deal reached by his predecessor "anti-democratic and inconsistent with the sovereignty of the U.K."
Scott Neuman. NPR. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 06:17:00 -0400.
- Tell us: What questions do you have about no-deal Brexit?
We are of course all still hoping that the UK does not leave the European Union without a deal, but just in case we are aiming to provide as much practical information as possible for British people living in France.
The Local. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 11:06:29 +0200.
- Seized tanker sets sail again as late US warrant bid fails
A Gibraltar court has rejected an American attempt to seize an Iranian oil tanker, and the ship has resumed its journey into the Mediterranean under the Iranian flag and with a new name.
Irish Independent. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 02:30:00 +0100.
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson demands Brussels drops plan for 'unviable' Irish backstop
In a letter to European Council president Donald Tusk, Boris Johnson said the backstop was 'anti-democratic and put the Good Friday Agreement at risk.
Daily Mail. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 22:16:18 +0100.
- Brexit: EU migration rules 'to end straight after no-deal'
The government has ditched the idea of phasing out freedom of movement under a no-deal Brexit.
BBC News. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 19:06:58 GMT.
- Paris, Moscow have to cooperate to bring Russia and Europe together
French President Emmanuel Macron added that "the EU needs dialogue with Moscow as Russia is a great European power"
Tass. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 20:54:04 +0300.
- 'Cut the Iron Curtain': Germany's 1989 freedom picnic
Thirty years ago a "European unity" picnic became an East German exodus from communism.
BBC News. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 16:22:46 GMT.
- Credit Default Swaps Are Not Evil As They Enhance Market Liquidity
Since the onset of the financial crisis in 2007/8, many EU countries have taken action to suspend or ban short selling in Credit Default Swaps (CDS).
By Stephen Pope, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 14:49:19 +0000.
- Edwards Lifesciences' (EW) SAPIEN 3 TAVR Receives FDA Nod
Edwards Lifesciences (EW) plans a commercial introduction of SAPIEN 3 Ultra in Europe.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:18:00 GMT.
- Europe High Speed Blowers Market to Cross Over 30% Share by 2025: Global Market Insights, Inc.
SELBYVILLE, Del., Aug. 19, 2019 -- The high speed blowers market is growing at more than 4% compound annual growth rate and will cross USD 860 million by 2025, according to a 2019 Global Market Insights, Inc report. ...
PR Newswire. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 11:30:00 +0000.
- Juncker has successful surgery; will miss G7 Biarritz summit
BRUSSELS (AP) - The EU says European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has undergone a successful operation to remove his gallbladder but will not be able to attend this weekend's Group of Seven meeting in Biarritz, France. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 06:34:50 -0400.
- Iran Tanker Heads to Greece After Release, Iran Warns US Against Seizure Attempt
An Iranian tanker sailed through the Mediterranean towards Greece on Monday after it was released from detention off Gibraltar, and Tehran said that any at U.S. ...
Newsmax. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 06:18:48 EDT.
- Iranian tanker at centre of standoff with U.S., U.K. leaves Gibraltar, heads to Greece
An Iranian tanker headed through the Mediterranean towards Greece on Monday after it was released from detention off Gibraltar, and Tehran said that any U.S. move to seize the vessel again would have "heavy consequences."
CBC News. Sun, 18 Aug 2019 09:48:12 EDT.
- Financial Times: Macron to tackle Putin on Ukraine crisis
Emmanuel Macron will revive EU attempts to persuade Vladimir Putin to help resolve international crises over Ukraine and Iran when the French president hosts his Russian counterpart at his Mediterranean holiday retreat on Monday. ...
Helen Mukhina. Kyiv Post. Sun, 18 Aug 2019 09:59:22 +0000.
- Apple to fight $14 billion tax battle in European court next month - CNET
The iPhone maker and Ireland have argued against the tax bill since the EU sent it in 2016.
Katie Collins. CNET. Fri, 16 Aug 2019 13:45:25 +0000.
- Scandinavian Designs unveils Kids + Teen collection
Scandinavian Designs, a 30-plus-store modern and contemporary furniture retailer based in Petaluma, Calif., has unveiled its new Kids + Teen collection. ...
Furniture Today Staff. Furniture Today. Thu, 15 Aug 2019 10:46:38 +0000.
- Boris Johnson condemns EU 'collaborators' in Facebook video stunt
The live Facebook 'People's PMQs' was an innovation dreamed up by an Australian aide, and featured stock soundbites plus a dash of Ancient Greek history.
Nick Miller. Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 15 Aug 2019 04:10:01 +1000.
- The Volkswagen T-Roc has dropped its top - Roadshow
Europeans can buy a drop-top compact crossover next year.
Sean Szymkowski. CNET. Wed, 14 Aug 2019 15:34:09 +0000.
- Europe has the untapped onshore capacity to meet global energy demand
Europe has the capacity to produce more than 100 times the amount of energy it currently produces through onshore windfarms, new analysis has revealed.
Science Daily. Wed, 14 Aug 2019 08:12:02 EDT.