- 100 Jewish Families to Celebrate Passover Seder at Site of Warsaw Ghetto
Traveling from Israel, Europe and the United States, the families will come together on the 76th anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising
Smithsonian. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 18:45:24 +0000.
- Zelensky asks Poroshenko why the poorest country in Europe is led by the richest president
The candidate recalled that the national pension amounts to some $55
Tass. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 21:04:17 +0300.
- Beautiful And Ugly Side Of America's Environmental Record On Display This Earth Day
America in its early years may have paled artistically, architecturally and culturally when compared to Europe, but what this young country did possess was a natural beauty and a natural bounty second to none.
By Chadd Scott, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 16:43:00 +0000.
- Scottish Conservatives confirm candidates for EU election
The Scottish Conservative Party's six candidates are made up of three women and three men.
BBC News. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 15:29:22 GMT.
- Thousands gather for rally supporting populist Serbia leader
Thousands are gathering in Belgrade for a mass rally in support of Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic, who is seeking to counter months of protests demanding more democratic freedoms in the Balkan country.
Fox News. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 15:00:55 GMT.
- Jordan Bardella's Rise: The Fresh Young Face of France's Populist Right
A 23-year-old politician is leading Marine Le Pen's right-wing populists in May elections for the European Parliament. His name is Jordan Bardella, and he's as eloquent as he is radical.
Spiegel Online. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 14:44:40 +0200.
- Free tuition to continue for EU students in Scotland
They will be entitled to the same support as Scots on courses which start in 2020 - even if the UK has left the EU.
BBC News. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:43:42 GMT.
- US official lauds Cyprus' anti-money laundering efforts
A senior U.S. Treasury Department official had lauded Cyprus' efforts to combat money laundering, saying that the east Mediterranean island has done "outstanding" work to curtail the illicit practice
ABC News. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 07:40:26 -0400.
- METALS-Shanghai copper slips in thin trade, clocks weekly rise
Shanghai copper drifted lower on Friday as traders were away in Europe and parts of Asia for the Good Friday holiday, while the London Metal Exchange was closed. ...
Reuters. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 04:17:03 -0400.
- Rabid bobcat attacks a golfer at a Connecticut course
The attack occurred at the Mohegan Sun Golf Course in the Baltic neighborhood of Sprague, Connecticut Thursday morning. The feral feline mauled a golfer said to be in his 60s around 8.30am.
Daily Mail. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 06:55:19 GMT.
- Far-right populist parties could form EU's largest group
The EU's Eurosceptic, populist and far-right parties would constitute the largest group in the European parliament after next month's election if they united into a single group.
Irish Independent. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 02:30:00 +0100.
- Google gives Android users in Europe more search, browser options
To comply with a European Commission ruling, Android users in Europe will be presented with new screens offering alternatives to Chrome and Google Search.
ZDNet. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 21:49:48 +0000.
- EU Parliament elections add to Brexit imbroglio
Britain's political parties are gearing up for elections to the European Parliament next month, as prospects for the country's departure from the European Union recede.
Straits Times. Fri, 19 Apr 2019 05:00:00 +0800.
- Amnesty to monitor Italian politicians' social media for hate speech
Tens of thousands of Facebook and Twitter messages sent by Italian candidates in the run up to next month's European elections will be monitored by a computer program for hate speech, a rights group said on Thursday.
The Local. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 18:23:34 +0200.
- New 3D Goggles Help Surgeons See Better
In a first, heart surgeons in Poland used 3D goggles to help them see inside a patient's chest as they opened up a narrowed heart valve, according to a report in the European Heart Journal.
Newsmax. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 10:46:32 EDT.
- UNIAN: European Parliament mission travels to Kyiv to monitor elections
A delegation from the European Parliament will travel to Ukraine on Thursday to monitor the second round of the presidential elections scheduled for April 21. Read more here. ...
Helen Mukhina. Kyiv Post. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 10:52:08 +0000.
- UK weather forecast: Easter weekend set to be hotter than Canary Islands with highs of 24C
Britain set to boast higher temperatures than popular Mediterranean holiday spots over bank holiday
Tom Barnes. The Independent. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 10:01:00 GMT.
- Brunei to Europe: Don't worry. We probably won't stone too many gay people to death
If a law described by the international community as "appalling" is passed but rarely enforced, is it still appalling?Brunei, the Southeast Asian nation that recently implemented just such a law, is evidently hoping that the ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 18 Apr 2019 09:34:24 +1200.
- Teen Climate Activist Greta Thunberg To EU Lawmakers: 'I Want You To Panic'
"Our house is falling apart, and our leaders need to start acting accordingly," Thunberg said during a meeting with politicians.
Yahoo. Wed, 17 Apr 2019 13:21:14 -0400.
- The Latest: Germany sets tougher rules for deporting migrant
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) - The Latest on Europe's response to mass migration (all times local): 12:20 p.m. The German government has agreed on a set of rules aimed at making it harder for failed asylum seekers to avoid deportation. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 17 Apr 2019 06:20:27 -0400.