- Gilead & Galapagos' RA Drug Receives Approval in Europe
Gilead (GILD) and partner Galapagos win approval for their rheumatoid arthritis (RA) drug in Europe.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 19:01:00 GMT.
- Russian fighter scrambled to intercept US, German patrol aircraft over Baltic Sea
Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces Valery Gerasimov told a briefing on Friday that the United States and other NATO nations had been conducting military activities some 20-30 kilometers off the Russian border
Tass. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 19:50:00 +0300.
- Kosovo War: Salih Mustafa's case is the first for Hague court
Salih Mustafa faces charges of torture and murder during the war in the Balkans in the late 1990s.
BBC News. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 16:49:29 GMT.
- Where can Americans vacation internationally right now?
Mexico and the Caribbean offer the most options for U.S. vacationers. Only a few European countries are open to Americans.
Yahoo. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 11:59:26 -0400.
- Michael Gove: Brexit provisions to stay in Internal Market Bill
The EU wants to see parts of the Internal Market Bill removed, but the UK says the disputed clauses are a "safety net".
BBC News. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 15:53:30 GMT.
- Michael Gove heads to Brussels in last-gasp attempt to get a Brexit trade deal with the EU
The Cabinet Office Minister will hold talks with the European Commission ahead of the latest round of negotiations which is due to start tomorrow.
Daily Mail. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 16:39:48 +0100.
- EU concerned over resignation of Lebanon's PM-designate
The European Union is expressing “disappointment and concern” about the resignation of Lebanon’s prime minister-designate over the weekend and urged the country’s leaders to do their best to form a Cabinet
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 15:13:28 GMT.
- France investigates sex assault claims against former head of Elite Models agency
French prosecutors said Monday that they had opened an investigation against Gerald Marie, former European boss of the Elite Models agency, on allegations of rape, including of a minor.
News Wires. France 24. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 11:56:24 GMT.
- Sri Lanka Returns Hazardous Waste to Britain
Sri Lanka says shipments violate international, EU regulations.
Voice of America. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 04:01:29 -0400.
- Research Headlines - Green solutions to lower urban air pollution
Air pollution is a major risk factor for health in Europe. EU-funded research is helping to find innovative, inexpensive and green solutions for improving air quality, particularly in urban environments.
European Commission. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 00:00:00 GMT.
- Germany names hydrogen the hero of its post-coal future
Europe's largest economy has identified Australia as a potential supplier of the vast quantities of hydrogen needed to decarbonise its heavy industry.
Bevan Shields. Sydney Morning Herald. Sun, 27 Sep 2020 23:45:00 +1000.
- Switzerland Votes On Future Ties With EU In The Shadow Of Brexit
The vote on ending free movement with the EU could lead to a fate 'worse than Brexit,' the Swiss justice minister has warned.
By Pascale Davies, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 27 Sep 2020 04:28:42 -0400.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: Why I can finally feel smug about living in Sweden
COMMENT: It had begun to feel like the pandemic was over in Sweden, that we would be spared the resurgence in infection seen elsewhere in Europe.Then on Tuesday, a slight rise in cases and the prospect of targeted local ...
New Zealand Herald. Sun, 27 Sep 2020 08:43:15 +1200.
- 160 genes linked to brain shrinkage in study of 45,000 adults
An analysis conducted in 45,000 adults mainly of European ancestry associated 160 genes with brain shrinkage seen on MRI.
Science Daily. Sat, 26 Sep 2020 14:51:47 EDT.
- Hundreds of anti-coal protesters break into German mine
LUETZERATH, Germany (AP) - Hundreds of anti-coal activists staged protesters in and around a mine in western Germany on Saturday, demonstrating against the continued extraction and use of fossil fuels by Europe's biggest economy. ...
Mstyslav Chernov and Frank Jordans. Washington Times. Sat, 26 Sep 2020 05:05:29 -0400.
- WHO: COVID Global Death Tally Could Reach 2 Million
Parts of Europe turning to new restrictions as cases rise.
Voice of America. Sat, 26 Sep 2020 04:12:45 -0400.
- Oda Mediterranean serving up Georgian specialties, including khachapuri, in Andersonville
Baked dough and cheese form the basis of a classic dish with roots in Turkey and Georgia, near the Black Sea.
Steve Dolinsky. ABC News. Fri, 25 Sep 2020 17:38:03 +0000.
- Tell Us: How Is the Pandemic Affecting Youth Employment in Europe?
The New York Times would like to hear from young people across Europe who are unemployed, searching for work, or concerned for their job prospects because of Covid-19.
The New York Times. New York Times. Fri, 25 Sep 2020 15:32:37 +0000.
- EU Police Raid Kosovo War Veterans' Office, Apparently Seeking Leaked Documents
European Union police have stormed the offices of a Kosovo war veterans' association in Pristina, apparently in search of files from a war crimes investigation the association said it received anonymously.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 25 Sep 2020 14:46:12 +0000.
- EU Commission appeals after losing Apple $15B tax case
LONDON (AP) - The European Commission said Friday it is appealing a court decision that Apple doesn't have to repay 13 billion euros ($15 billion) in back taxes to Ireland. The appeal comes after the U.S. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 25 Sep 2020 07:00:54 -0400.