- The European Union Recommends Opening to Americans to Rescue the Summer
The bloc recommended that its 27 member nations lift a ban on nonessential travel from the United States, but each country will decide for itself.
Monika Pronczuk. New York Times. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 23:17:19 +0000.
- Coronavirus: Setback for EU in legal fight with AstraZeneca
But the drug-maker faces hefty fines if it fails to supply doses of Covid-19 vaccine over the summer.
BBC News. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 21:05:12 GMT.
- Bernard Arnault after UK investment firm True Potential
Arnault, the chief executive of Louis Vuitton owner LVMH, has bid through the blank-cheque company Pegasus Europe, which is also backed by former Unicredit boss Jean Pierre Mustier.
Daily Mail. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 20:52:09 GMT.
- Lithuania Says Lukashenka Is Flooding Baltic State's Border With Migrants
Alyaksandr Lukashenka recently suggested his government would no longer seek to halt drugs and migrants heading into the European Union. ...
Radio Liberty. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 19:43:26 +0000.
- Covid vaccine: Why did EU take AstraZeneca to court?
The EU has lost a legal battle over its attempt to force AstraZeneca to deliver more vaccines to the bloc.
BBC News. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 19:33:13 GMT.
- EU recommends lifting Europe travel restrictions for all US tourists, vaccinated or not
The European Union on Friday added the US to a list of countries for which travel restrictions should gradually be lifted. The list applies to all American tourists, vaccinated or not, for nonessential travel.
Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 19 Jun 2021 02:45:10 +1000.
- PPG Industries (PPG) to Enhance Coatings Capacity in Europe
PPG Industries (PPG) announces multiple expansion plans in European coatings manufacturing facilities.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 15:11:00 GMT.
- Europe Opens Up To American Tourists As Infectious Delta Variant Drives New Covid Surge Across Region
Young and unvaccinated groups are most at risk from the new variant, which already accounts for more than 6% of U.S. cases.
By Robert Hart, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 07:58:38 -0400.
- Viking Prepares to Restart European River Cruises
Viking prepares to restart its European river operations in July 2021, starting with some of its most popular itineraries in Portugal and France. ...
Travel Industry Wire. 2021-06-17 14:43:24 EST.
- Belgium beats Denmark 2-1 in game marked by Eriksen tribute
Substitute Kevin de Bruyne set up one goal and scored the winner himself to give Belgium a 2-1 victory over Denmark in a European Championship game marked by an emotional tribute to Christian Eriksen in the first half.
Fox News. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 18:47:50 GMT.
- Northern Ireland appoints Brexit hardliner Paul Givan as first minister
Brexit hardliner Paul Givan was installed as Northern Ireland's new first minister on Thursday, as Britain's split from the European Union continues to cause friction in the bitterly divided province.
News Wires. France 24. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 12:44:39 GMT.
- Keir Starmer hits out at Boris Johnson as Delta surge sees UK witness highest Covid rate in Europe
Race is now on try to get millions more vaccines into arms
Kate Devlin. The Independent. Wed, 16 Jun 2021 15:22:53 GMT.
- EU recommends that its 27 member countries lift travel restrictions on US tourists
The EU has no unified COVID-19 tourism or border policy, but has been working for months on a joint digital travel certificate for those vaccinated.
Ap. ABC News. Wed, 16 Jun 2021 13:15:50 +0000.
- EU envoys agree on fourth round of sanctions against Belarus
The decision will be formally approved by the EU Council at the ministerial level in a written procedure soon
Tass. Wed, 16 Jun 2021 14:13:22 +0300.
- White House denies report Vatican nixed papal Mass with Biden
The White House denied Tuesday a report saying that the Vatican scuttled an early plan for President Biden to attend Mass and receive communion from Pope Francis as part of the president's current European trip. ...
Valerie Richardson. Washington Times. Tue, 15 Jun 2021 14:29:00 -0400.
- EU, U.S. close to deal to end Airbus-Boeing trade dispute
BRUSSELS (AP) — The United States and the European Union appeared close to reaching a deal to end a damaging dispute over subsidies to rival plane makers Boeing and Airbus and lift billions of dollars in punitive tariffs. ...
Lorne Cook, Aamer Madhani. Washington Times. Tue, 15 Jun 2021 05:14:51 -0400.
- Biden Agenda for US-EU Summit to Include Coronavirus, Climate and Trade
US President holds discussions with European leaders in Brussels Tuesday after meeting with NATO members on Monday.
Voice of America. Tue, 15 Jun 2021 04:13:12 -0400.
- Biden emphasizes 'critically important' NATO alliance upon arrival at summit
President Biden on Monday touted the importance of the NATO alliance upon his arrival at the organization's summit in Brussels."NATO is critically important for U.S. interests in and of itself. If there weren't ...
Brett Samuels. The Hill. Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:40:23 +0000.
- This Fancy Footwear Craze Created a 'Plague of Bunions' in Medieval England
Elite Europeans who wore pointed shoes toed the line between fashion and fall risk, a new study suggests
Smithsonian. Mon, 14 Jun 2021 10:30:00 +0000.
- Biden in UK to Meet with Allies, Putin
US president's European trip includes high-level talks with other Western heads of state and Russian foe.
Voice of America. Thu, 10 Jun 2021 00:45:44 -0400.