- Urals prices falling in Europe after discounts made by Saudi Arabia
The Urals price in the Mediterranean (CIF August) reached $45.9 a barrel on August 5 but dropped to $44,1 per barrel by the end of the week
Tass. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:06:01 +0300.
- 'Insect apocalypse' may not be happening in US
Scientists have been warning about an 'insect apocalypse' in recent years, noting sharp declines in specific areas -- particularly in Europe. ...
Science Daily. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 12:50:40 EDT.
- IBM Inks Hybrid Cloud Deal With Coca-Cola European Partners
International Business Machines Corporation's (IBM) Red Hat OpenShift and Red Hat Enterprise Linux solutions will help Coca-Cola European Partners to boost operational efficiency.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:26:00 GMT.
- From the Archives, 1935: The Prime Minister's return
The Prime Minister, Joseph Lyons, sailed into Sydney Harbour aboard the liner Mariposa. His six month European trade mission had been "no joyride", he told the Herald.
Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 00:00:00 +1000.
- World shares march higher as S&P 500 nears all-time record
Shares advanced in Europe and Asia on Tuesday after the S&P 500 climbed to within striking distance of its all-time high set in February. ...
Elaine Kurtenbach. Washington Times. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 02:31:41 -0400.
- Spain Overtakes Britain for Most COVID-19 Cases in Europe
Global number of cases approaching 20 million.
Voice of America. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 23:08:19 -0400.
- Israel closes Gaza goods crossing after balloon attacks
Israel will close its goods crossing with the Gaza Strip, authorities said Monday, after militants in the Hamas-run territory fired rockets into the Mediterranean and launched incendiary balloons towards the Jewish state. ...
Yahoo. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 22:21:55 -0400.
- Pompeo Heads to Central Europe as US Looks to Confront Russian, Chinese Influence
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is traveling to the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Austria and Poland.
Voice of America. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 18:25:18 -0400.
- Why You Need To Stay Up To Date On COVID-19 Entry Requirements
Countries' entry requirements due to COVID-19 are in flux and in one case changed when an airplane between two European countries was in flight.
By Laurie Werner, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 18:18:59 -0400.
- Curfew in top Greek island bars, eateries to limit virus
A government spokeswoman also announced new entry restrictions for Balkan arrivals and flight passengers from several EU countries on Monday.
Daily Mail. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 17:37:58 +0100.
- Greece on alert as Turkey sends survey ship to disputed waters
A Turkish research ship sails to an area of the Mediterranean where energy resources are contested.
BBC News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 12:24:46 GMT.
- Coronavirus: Rubbish set to pile up across Europe after pandemic, leaders warn
Environment commissioner concerned about disruption of markets for recycled plastics caused by low prices of crude oil
Catarina Demony, Kate Abnett. The Independent. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 12:17:35 GMT.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: US tops 5 million confirmed virus cases, Europe raises alarm
With confirmed coronavirus cases in the US hitting 5 million Sunday, by far the highest of any country, the failure of the most powerful nation in the world to contain the scourge has been met with astonishment and alarm in ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 10:25:28 +1200.
- Why the French are 'European champions' at abandoning pets
Tens of thousands of pets are abandoned every summer in France. What's behind this sad phenomenon?
BBC News. Sat, 08 Aug 2020 23:21:40 GMT.
- United States is getting its own 'Eurovision Song Contest' spinoff
The wildly popular "European Song Contest" is making its way to the United States.
Melissa Roberto. Fox News. Fri, 07 Aug 2020 17:14:17 GMT.
- World shares mixed as investors watch talks on US stimulus
Stocks were mixed in Europe and Asia on Thursday as investors watched to see if lawmakers will come ahead with fresh stimulus for a U.S. economy struggling with shutdowns as new coronavirus outbreaks flare. ...
Elaine Kurtenbach. Washington Times. Thu, 06 Aug 2020 02:30:17 -0400.
- BP Reports a Huge Loss and Vows to Increase Renewable Investment
The European oil giant has plans for a future with more electrical generation.
Stanley Reed. New York Times. Wed, 05 Aug 2020 16:11:37 +0000.
- Events - Final Conference of the InnoWEE project, 23 September 2020 - 23 September 2020, Online
Buildings are responsible for approximately 40% of EU energy consumption and 36% of the greenhouse gas emissions. Buildings are therefore the single largest energy consumer in Europe. ...
European Commission. Wed, 05 Aug 2020 00:00:00 GMT.
- Beirut explosion kills at least 70, injures thousands in Lebanon's capital
The blast struck with the force of a 3.5 magnitude earthquake and was heard and felt as far away as Cyprus, 180 miles across the Mediterranean.
Ap. ABC News. Tue, 04 Aug 2020 22:14:52 +0000.
- Airlines and Airports Issue Stark Warning to European Prime Ministers on Inconsistent Approach to Travel Restrictions
Failure to follow science-based advice runs contrary to expert authorities and is crippling Europes economies.
Travel Industry Wire. 2020-08-03 15:58:38 EST.