- Why The EU Could Force Apple To Drop The Lightning Cable
If the European Parliament had its way, Apple would have worked with other tech companies to provide a single universal charger years ago.
By Carlie Porterfield, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 13:52:08 +0000.
- Brexit: There will be no automatic deportation for EU citizens - No 10
So far more than 2.7 million EU citizens have applied for settled status after Brexit in the UK.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 12:53:43 GMT.
- Facial recognition: EU considers ban of up to five years
The European Commission wants time to work out how to prevent the technology being abused.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 11:27:17 GMT.
- Brussels plans to take down Union flag and put it in a MUSEUM after Brexit on January 31
A British flag which flies outside the European Parliament will be formally removed on Brexit day and then put on display in a museum.
Daily Mail. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 10:27:02 +0000.
- EU may ban facial-recognition technology over fears of abuse
The European Union is considering banning facial-recognition technology in public areas for up to five years, to give it time to work out how to prevent abuses.
Irish Independent. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 02:30:00 +0000.
- Research Headlines - Producing clean energy from thin air? Yes, it is possible
An EU-funded research team has developed an efficient process to produce energy from CO2 - an innovation that could help Europe make the switch to a more sustainable, competitive economy.
European Commission. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 00:00:00 GMT.
- J&J Seeks Label Expansion for Spravato Nasal Spray in EU
J&J (JNJ) seeks label expansion for its new nasal spray, Spravato (esketamine), for an expanded patient population in Europe.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 14:01:00 GMT.
- Qassem Soleimani was kept on U.S. sanctions list, but not Europe's
Social media is wondering how the late Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani ended up in the 2015 U.S.-Iran nuclear deal as someone granted sanctions relief. ...
Rowan Scarborough. Washington Times. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 20:21:06 -0500.
- Bose is closing all retail locations in North America, Europe, Australia and Japan - CNET
The move is due to "the dramatic shift to online shopping."
Abrar Al-heeti. CNET. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 23:32:00 +0000.
- Toyota Supra 2.0L Turbo lands in Europe, is the US next? - Roadshow
So far, the turbo-four has only been offered in Japan and Australia.
Sean Szymkowski. CNET. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 19:49:00 +0000.
- Air pollution from oil and gas production sites visible from space
US and European satellites help scientists measure nitrogen dioxide from drilling, production and flaring.
Science Daily. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 13:04:48 EST.
- CLIA Announces Enhanced European Focus with Addition of Communications Expert
Trade association welcomes veteran communications specialist Julie Green as Vice President of Strategic Communications.
Travel Industry Wire. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 12:40:02 EST.
- US apparel group berates proposed EU tariff hike
A US apparel trading association has expressed its disapproval at a threatened tariff hike of apparel and accessories from the EU over an ongoing aircraft subsidies dispute, warning of its impact on American workers and consumers.
Just Style. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 12:54:00 GMT.
- What's on TV: Tuesday, January 21
New Scandinavian Cooking shows no signs of exhausting its titular remit.
Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 23:00:00 +1100.
- Police: Mafia ripped off EU for millions in farm aid
ROME (AP) - Italian authorities allege say crime clans of the Sicilian Mafia have defrauded the European Union of more than 10 million euros ($11 million) in agricultural aid. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 05:30:29 -0500.
- Iranian Foreign Minister Says Future of Nuclear Deal Up To Europe
Comments come a day after European signatories said they have no choice but to invoke dispute resolution mechanism after Iran took 'increasingly severe' steps away from its responsibilities.
Voice of America. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 05:30:06 -0500.
- Germany investigates three suspects over 'spying for China'
German prosecutors on Wednesday said they were investigating three people who allegedly spied for China, with media reporting that a former German EU diplomat was among the suspects.
The Local. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 11:29:43 +0100.
- Reuters: Belarus starts maintenance on Druzhba pipeline
Belarus has started planned maintenance on the Druzhba oil pipeline, the main transit route for Russian oil exports to Europe, resulting in reduced oil supplies to Poland, a source familiar with the plan told Reuters. Read more here. ...
Helen Mukhina. Kyiv Post. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 09:58:13 +0000.
- Iran warns Europe as diplomat says officials 'lied' on crash
Iran's top diplomat acknowledged Wednesday that Iranians "were lied to" for days following the Islamic Republic accidentally shooting down a Ukrainian jetliner, killing 176 people.
CBC News. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 04:15:07 EST.
- What's behind the latest European bid to save the Iran nuclear deal
While the European powers hope they have found an avenue to fix the Iran nuclear deal, it may actually spell its end.
ABC News. Tue, 14 Jan 2020 21:46:29 -0500.