The stability of local, national, and global finances affects every
aspect of the economy at large, including stocks, commodities, and
foreign exchange markets. In this age of financial uncertainty and
fluctuations, keeping current with the latest finance news and spotting
patterns is critical for making informed financial decisions both now
and for the future. Up to date financial news stories help provide
insight for investors, business owners, people with stock and retirement
portfolios, and everyday consumers. Technology has made accessing
current, relevant information easier than ever.
Browse the headlines below to find the latest financial news from around
- Student poverty: French march in protest after suicide bid
A student who set himself on fire on Friday blamed his severe financial difficulties on government.
BBC News. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 23:28:38 GMT.
- Elon Musk says cave diver he called a 'pedo' sought the limelight for his own financial gain
Elon Musk filed court documents on Monday asking that a judge allow him to challenge some of the claims made by Vernon Unsworth as they two head towards a trial next month.
Daily Mail. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 21:54:28 +0000.
- England flooding: Communities to get practical and financial help
Boris Johnson announces more support for flooded areas after criticism from Labour and the Lib Dems.
BBC News. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 21:32:19 GMT.
- Earnings Preview: Ship Finance (SFL) Q3 Earnings Expected to Decline
Ship Finance (SFL) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 15:30:21 GMT.
- 'General advice' survives head-on collision
For organisations happy to engage with their customers to genuinely expand their financial literacy around important choices which are open to them, there is scope for "general advice" to continue being provided
Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 13 Nov 2019 00:00:00 +1100.
- 4Front Announces Preliminary Third Quarter 2019 Systemwide Pro Forma Revenue and Earnings Release Date
Company will release full financial results November 29, 2019, and host a conference call Monday, December 2, prior to market open VANCOUVER and PHOENIX, Nov. 12, 2019 - 4Front Ventures Corp. ...
PR Newswire. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 12:30:00 +0000.
- Why Synchrony CEO Margaret Keane Was Painting Nails In The South Bronx
Synchrony Financial CEO Margaret Keane's commitment to corporate justness extends beyond fostering diversity in the C-suite and board. ...
By Brianne Garrett, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Tue, 12 Nov 2019 11:40:00 +0000.
- Apple Card being investigated for alleged gender discrimination after viral tweet
A viral tweet set off a firestorm and led to New York's Department of Financial Services to launch an investigation into the Apple Card, run by Goldman Sachs.
ABC News. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 18:00:36 -0500.
- 6 Smart Money-Saving Tips From Early Retirees
It takes financial savvy to retire early. So when someone who has managed to do that offers financial advice, it is worth listening to.Several early retirees recently spoke with Business Insider to share their top money-saving tips. ...
Newsmax. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 10:03:47 EDT.
- In 2 years Ukraine plans to cut state debt to 40 percent of GDP
Finance Minister of Ukraine Oksana Markarova has said that in two years Ukraine seeks to cut state debt to 40 percent of GDP and will strive for deficit-free budget in the future. ...
Helen Mukhina. Kyiv Post. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 12:41:55 +0000.
- Dignity profits in poor health as deaths fall to lowest level in five years
Funeral provider Dignity has predicted fewer Britons will die this year than in any year since 2014, as it pinned its 2020 financial performance on changes to the figures.
Irish Independent. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 09:12:12 +0000.
- New Research Scholars Join HFTP Middle East Research Center
The Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP) Foundation is pleased to announce the addition of new research scholars Ana-Denisa Irimescu and Gustavo Miranda to the HFTP Middle East Research Center. ...
Hsyndicate. Mon, 11 Nov 2019 11:06:16 +0200.
- Oil company seeks to keep records closed in Alaska buyout
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - Some Alaskans are calling for greater financial transparency from Hilcorp, the company seeking to buy BP's North Slope assets. ...
Washington Times. Sun, 10 Nov 2019 23:22:09 -0500.
- OMI partners with Fundbox on new business credit program
Organic mattress manufacturer OMI has partnered with Fundbox for a new business credit platform that will provide 60-day, interest-free financing on purchases up to $100,000. ...
Perry. Furniture Today. Fri, 08 Nov 2019 14:51:24 +0000.
- UK election rivals: Dueling promises from finance minister foes
Two candidates are revealing plans that could send state spending up to levels not seen since the 1970s.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 07 Nov 2019 22:02:30 GMT.
- Patients feel the pain of hospital-physician consolidation
Health systems have snapped up physician practices to take advantage of more lucrative Medicare reimbursement. But Medicare enrollees are getting financially hit by the care shift.
Michael Brady. Modern Healthcare. Thu, 07 Nov 2019 15:34:36 EST.
- AP: Steyer Aide Offered Money for Endorsements
Overtures from Pat Murphy, a former state House speaker who is serving as a top adviser on Steyer's Iowa campaign, aren't illegal - though payments for endorsements would violate campaign finance laws if not disclosed.
Voice of America. Thu, 07 Nov 2019 13:09:40 -0500.
- Some senators want financial compensation for Don Meredith's alleged victims
Years after the Don Meredith sexual harassment scandal rocked the Red Chamber, some independent senators are now pushing a Senate committee to compensate his alleged victims.
CBC News. Thu, 7 Nov 2019 04:00:00 EST.
- For Many #MeToo Accusers, Speaking Up Is Just The Beginning
What happened to the people who shared their stories amid the #MeToo movement? Many say they've paid a high emotional and financial cost for discussing their sexual harassment cases.
Yuki Noguchi. NPR. Tue, 05 Nov 2019 07:14:00 -0500.
- Thai Airways chairman resigns as company struggles
BANGKOK (AP) - Thai Airways has disclosed that its chairman has resigned as the carrier struggles with financial challenges. The airline said Friday that Ekniti Nitithanprapas resigned as of Nov. 1. ...
Washington Times. Sat, 02 Nov 2019 04:09:29 -0400.