- France recalls US ambassador in protest at Australia submarine deal
The decision was made by French president Emmanuel Macron
Helen Elfer. The Independent. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 01:09:41 GMT.
- How just TEN people in Britain knew about AUKUS submarine deal
Boris Johnson, President Joe Biden and Australian prime minister Scott Morrison announced the new pact on Wednesday night, provoking uproar from China and France.
Daily Mail. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 00:15:18 GMT.
- In Submarine Deal With Australia, U.S. Counters China but Enrages France
The reaction signals a widening rift among Western allies over China. French officials accused President Biden of acting like his predecessor.
Roger Cohen. New York Times. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 00:08:01 +0000.
- For 1st time ever, France recalls envoy from US, in anger over nuclear sub deal
Stunning rift between allies as Paris fumes at exclusion from security pact, scrapping of billion-dollar deal to supply Canberra with submarines; envoy to Australia also recalled
Times of Israel. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 23:03:45 +0000.
- Aukus: France recalls envoys amid security pact row
The "exceptional decision" follows a pact between Australia, the US and UK, which scuppered a French deal.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 21:58:32 GMT.
- France recalls envoys in US and Australia over submarine deal
The strained ties among the long-time allies come as the US and its allies seek additional support in Asia and the Pacific given concern about the rising influence of a more assertive China.
Jerusalem Post. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 21:18:13 GMT.
- AUKUS alliance: France recalls ambassadors to US, Australia over sub deal
France said late Friday (local time) it was immediately recalling its ambassadors to the US and Australia after Australia scrapped a big French conventional submarine purchase in favour of nuclear subs built with US ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 09:01:12 +1200.
- France recalls ambassadors to US and Australia in response to AUKUS nuclear submarine pact
France has recalled its ambassadors to the United States and Australia in response to a pact signed by the two countries along with the United Kingdom that they referred to as a stab in the back.
Andrew Miller. Fox News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 20:50:45 GMT.
- France recalls ambassadors to US, Australia over sub deal
France on Friday recalled its ambassadors to the U.S. and Australia over President Biden’s nuclear-powered submarine deal with Australia, undercutting their previous submarine deal with the French. ...
Joseph Clark. Washington Times. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:39:33 -0400.
- France recalls ambassadors from US, Australia over submarines row
The move by France against such key allies is unprecedented.
Straits Times. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 04:28:40 +0800.
Facts About France
The French Republic, located in western Europe, is governed by an elected
President, who appoints a Prime Minister and presides over a Council of
Ministers. Its bicameral legislature consists of a Senate and a
National Assembly. France's capital city is Paris, and its currency
is the Euro. The primary language used in France is French, and
in 2020, France's estimated population was 65,273,511.
For more news and information about France, visit this official
website. For detailed maps of France, visit this
France map website.
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about France