- German elections: How Angela Merkel changed her country
Young people have never known another leader, and many worry for the future as old certainties shift.
BBC News. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 00:52:24 GMT.
- Family holidays in Europe: Take in the delights of German spa town Baden-Baden
Still hankering after a holiday? During her visit to the spa town of Baden-Baden, Fiona Hardcastle and her family race past pine trees on bobsleighs and soak in the Caracalla Spa.
Daily Mail. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 21:25:44 GMT.
- A third flight carrying Afghans, US and European citizens from Kabul arrives in Doha
European nationals on board included those from Belgium, Britain, Croatia, Germany, the Netherlands and Italy.
Straits Times. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 02:41:06 +0800.
- Germany will take into account EU stance when certifying Nord Stream 2 AG
Only after the European Commission "forms a position," the agency can switch to the final approval of its decision
Tass. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 21:38:04 +0300.
- A Third Betrayal: Many of Germany's Local Hires Are Still Waiting To Be Rescued from Afghanistan
Germany pledged it would continue rescuing former local hires from Afghanistan, even after the airlift from Kabul ended. Yet despite the grave danger they are in, Berlin is failing to help them.
Spiegel Online. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 17:06:09 +0200.
- As Germany Election Nears, Merkel Leaves a Strong But Vulnerable Economy
Chancellor Angela Merkel steered Europe through crises, and Germany has boomed during her tenure. But she has ducked changes needed to ensure the success lasts, analysts say.
Jack Ewing and Melissa Eddy. New York Times. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 08:47:12 +0000.
- Virus fallout, slow internet worry businesses in German vote
A crowded race to succeed Chancellor Angela Merkel after she decided not to extend her 16 years in office has left many Germans uninspired and undecided ahead of the Sept. 26 parliamentary election
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 07:00:56 GMT.
- German police arrest four over foiled Islamist synagogue attack
A 16-year-old Syrian boy was among those detained over a suspected Islamist plot, authorities say.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 00:13:37 GMT.
- Marcell Von Berlin Launches First-Ever Fashion Show In Hollywood
MARCELL VON BERLIN stands for progressive looks by creating powerful silhouettes and worldwide unique statement prints. Based in Berlin, the label embodies the electric energy and urban charm of the city, expressing it in an individual way.
By Joseph Deacetis, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 17:40:40 -0400.
- German police detain 4 on Yom Kippur after synagogue threat
A 16-year-old boy and three other people were detained Thursday in connection with a suspected plan for an Islamic extremist attack on a synagogue in the German city of Hagen, authorities said.
Fox News. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 19:37:28 GMT.
- 'Boring' Olaf Scholz may be just the ticket as Germans fret about life after 'Mummy' Merkel
Germany is about to lose its political mother and an air of uncertainty clouds the current election to replace her.
Sky News. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 14:04:00 +0100.
- Nikola (NKLA), Iveco Unveil Plant in Germany for Electric Trucks
The Nikola (NKLA)-Iveco manufacturing facility is ready to start production of the Nikola Tre electric heavy-duty trucks by the end of this year.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 10:20:00 GMT.
- Champions League wins for City, Liverpool as Messi's PSG draw
Manchester City ran riot over Leipzig, beating the Germans 6-3 at the Etihad stadium while Lionel Messi had an underwhelming night as PSG drew 1-1 with Club Brugge
AfricaNews. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 09:21:39 +0000.
- energate launches energy news service in English
(Essen, 15.09.21) The leading German energy news service 'energate messenger' is now also available in English. ...
Realwire. Wed, 15 Sep 2021 10:52:00 +0100.
- Merkel Tells Western Balkan Leaders 'The EU Must Keep Its Word' On Accession
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has wrapped up her farewell trip to the Balkans by pledging in Tirana that "regardless of how the German elections turn out, any new German chancellor will have a heart for the region."
Radio Liberty. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 22:24:03 +0000.
- Russia Completes Nord Stream 2 Construction, Gas Not Yet Flowing
Nord Stream 2 is expected to double natural gas supplies from Russia to Germany, but it has divided European capitals and raised tensions between the bloc and Washington.
Voice of America. Fri, 10 Sep 2021 07:23:08 -0400.
- Former Germany footballer Jerome Boateng convicted of assault
Boateng found guilty of domestic violence against former partner and ordered to pay her 1.8 million euros.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 09 Sep 2021 20:20:19 +0000.
- Germany rolls out first A320-series liaison aircraft
Germany has rolled out the first of a pair of Airbus A320-series passenger aircraft to be used for medium- to long-haul liaison and aero-medical evacuation ...
Janes 360. Tue, 07 Sep 2021 14:28:11 Z.
- Blinken to Visit Qatar, Germany for Afghanistan Diplomacy
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin also visiting US allies in the Middle East to hold talks on Afghanistan.
Voice of America. Mon, 06 Sep 2021 00:26:23 -0400.
- The future of travel? Flights begin to Singapore for the vaccinated only
A new travel lane for vaccinated travellers between Singapore and Germany could present a model for how other countries, including Australia, can eventually resume international travel.
Chris Barrett. Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 06 Sep 2021 05:00:00 +1000.
Facts About Germany
The Federal Republic of Germany, located in north central Europe, is a
federal multi-party republic with a bicameral legislature.
Its capital city is Berlin, and its currency is the Euro.
The primary language spoken in Germany is German, although the Slavic
Sorbian language is used by a small minority. In 2020, Germany's
estimated population was 83,783,942.
For more news and information about Germany, visit this official
German government website.
For detailed maps of Germany, visit this
Germany map website.
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Germany