- DSEI 2021: Babcock outlines Arrowhead 140 bid for Greece
Babcock has outlined to Janes its approach to the four pillars required for Greece's naval procurement programme, for which it is bidding the Arrowhead 140 frigate.
Janes 360. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 15:20:13 Z.
- India Hicks, 54, heads off on her luxurious Greek honeymoon in style
Prince Charles ' goddaughter India Hicks, 54, donned an all white personalised Nina Morris suit as she headed off on her luxurious honeymoon to Greece in style.
Daily Mail. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 18:58:36 +0100.
- UK Foreign Secretary demoted over Afghanistan evacuation, top Australian ally promoted
Dominic Raab, who remained on holiday in the Greek islands as the Taliban swept into Kabul, will be replaced by Liz Truss.
Bevan Shields. Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 03:01:40 +1000.
- In an Ancient Greek Port, a New Cultural Hub
The city of Piraeus, just outside Athens, is becoming a haven for galleries and design studios attracted by its abundant warehouses and growing creative community.
Gisela Williams. New York Times. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 20:20:43 +0000.
- Greece probes crash that killed witness in Netanyahu trial
Former Israeli communications ministry official was expected to testify on allegations ex-PM bribed company.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 12:30:54 +0000.
- Greece investigates plane crash that killed witness in Netanyahu corruption trial
Greek authorities are investigating a private plane crash that killed a witness in the corruption trial of former Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Sky News. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 11:44:00 +0100.
- Europe Travel: Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Croatia Stay Open, Without New Restrictions, To U.S. Tourists
Along with Greece, a number of European countries have decided to ignore the EU Council recommendation to impose stricter rules on U.S. visitors.
By Cecilia Rodriguez, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 10 Sep 2021 11:15:14 -0400.
- Varosha: Greek Cypriots express anger as they return to former homes
Greek Cypriot refugees fear their property in the Turkish-occupied ghost town of Varosha could be forever lost
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Fri, 10 Sep 2021 08:07:58 GMT.
- Stefanos Tsitsipas' long bathroom breaks at US Open prompt ATP, USTA to review game delay rules
The ATP and UTSA announced Thursday that they plan to review the rules surrounding match delays in response to Greek tennis player Stefanos Tsitsipas, who has come under fire this week for unusually long bathroom breaks at the U.S. Open.
Paulina Dedaj. Fox News. Fri, 03 Sep 2021 15:34:06 GMT.
- Rights Body Raps Greece Over Migrant Rescue Crackdown
Greece's center-right government has toughened border controls since taking office two years ago and has promised additional restrictions in response to the ongoing crisis in Afghanistan.
Voice of America. Fri, 03 Sep 2021 11:27:18 -0400.
- Turkish Archaeologists Unearth Headless Statue of Greek Health Goddess
Researchers found the figure in a 5,000-year-old site called Aizanoi, which is also home to a temple dedicated to Zeus
Smithsonian. Thu, 02 Sep 2021 11:45:00 +0000.
- Mikis Theodorakis, composer of Zorba the Greek, dies aged 96
Mikis Theodorakis was also a key figure of resistance to the Greek military junta of the 1970s.
BBC News. Thu, 02 Sep 2021 09:38:30 GMT.
- Tsitsipas butt of jokes as Murray aims jibe in toilet break row
Stefanos Tsitsipas finds himself the butt of the jokes at the US Open after Andy Murray aims another jibe at the Greek third seed in the row over long bathroom breaks.
BBC News. Wed, 01 Sep 2021 12:51:54 GMT.
- Yanis Varoufakis: A Former Leftist Icon Turns to Science Fiction
As Greek finance minister, he made a name for himself for standing up to Germany. But his political star burned out quickly. Now, Yanis Varoufakis is trying his luck at writing novels.
Spiegel Online. Wed, 1 Sep 2021 11:28:52 +0200.
- Greek firefighters express gratitude to Russia for help in extinguishing fires
"Greece turned to the Russian government, and the Russian state reacted immediately and sent firefighting planes and helicopters. ...
Tass. Tue, 31 Aug 2021 20:02:19 +0300.
Facts about Greece
The Hellenic Republic, also known as Greece, is a parliamentary
democracy located on the Balkan peninsula in southern Europe. Its
capital city is Athens, and its currency is the Euro. The primary
language of Greece is Greek, and the country's estimated population in
2020 was 10,423,054.
For more information about Greece, visit the
Hellenic Electronic Center website
and the Greece Background Note web page. For detailed maps of Greece,
visit this Greece map
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Greece