- Hanukkah sling stone that was used against Jewish rebels more than 2,000 years ago found in Israel
A sling stone found in Israel may provide more evidence of the Hanukkah story. It features the name of an ancient Greece king who is said to have killed a Jewish leader of the Maccabees.
Daily Mail. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 23:45:26 GMT.
- Decisions on anti-Omicron-strain restrictions depend on government center, Kremlin says
On November 26, the WHO marked the coronavirus strain B.1.1.529, discovered in southern Africa, with the Greek letter omicron
Tass. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:49:20 +0300.
- How Did the New Variant Get Its Name?
The World Health Organization began naming the variants after Greek letters to avoid public confusion and stigma.
Vimal Patel. New York Times. Sun, 28 Nov 2021 03:00:34 +0000.
- Greece opens two more 'closed' migrant camps
KOS, Greece (AFP) - Greece on Saturday (Nov 27) opened two more of its new "closed" migrant camps that have been criticised by rights groups for their restrictive measures.
Straits Times. Sun, 28 Nov 2021 09:48:28 +0800.
- WHO skips over Greek letters 'nu' and 'xi'; names new variant 'omicron'
WHO confirmed it skipped the Greek letters "nu" and "xi" in naming its new COVID-19 variant, which it dubbed the "omicron" variant.
Audrey Conklin. Fox News. Sat, 27 Nov 2021 17:18:07 GMT.
- Wales thrash Greece in Women's World Cup qualifier - highlights & report
Wales cruise to a 5-0 win over Greece to maintain the positive start to their 2023 World Cup qualifying campaign.
BBC News. Fri, 26 Nov 2021 21:12:24 GMT.
- Stock Market Today: New COVID Strain Sinks Stocks in Short Session
The WHO assigned the new strain the Greek letter "Omicron" and designated it a "variant of concern."
Karee Venema. Kiplinger. Fri, 26 Nov 2021 18:41:47 GMT.
- JPMorgan (JPM) Mulls Investment in Greek Fintech Viva Wallet
JPMorgan (JPM) is weighing an investment in Greek fintech firm - Viva Wallet. The deal, if finalized, will further expand the bank's digital offerings across Europe.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 26 Nov 2021 12:18:00 GMT.
- New COVID variant officially named and Javid warns of 'huge international concern' as first case found in Europe
A worrying new COVID strain has been classified by the World Health Organisation as a "variant of concern" - its most serious level - and officially given the Greek name Omicron.
Sky News. Fri, 26 Nov 2021 11:18:00 +0000.
- GB upset Greece with superb comeback in World Cup opener - highlights & report
Great Britain beat world number 10 Greece 78-69 in Newcastle as they start their World Cup 2023 qualifying campaign.
BBC News. Thu, 25 Nov 2021 21:08:03 GMT.
- Kostas Tsimikas Gives Liverpool Left An Alternative To Andy Robertson
The Greece international is similar in style to Trent Alexander-Arnold.
By James Nalton, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 20 Nov 2021 07:03:19 -0500.
- Greek navy becomes first customer for Spanish Alpha UAV
Spanish company Alpha Unmanned Systems (AUS) has won an order to supply five of its Alpha 900 helicopter unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) to the Hellenic Navy.
Janes 360. Fri, 19 Nov 2021 12:05:21 Z.
- Greece latest EU country to slap COVID curbs on unvaccinated
Unvaccinated people will be largely barred from indoor spaces even if they test negative for COVID-19.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 18 Nov 2021 21:06:23 +0000.
- Roman-Era Shops, Statues of Greek Deities Found in Ancient City in Turkey
Researchers in Aizanoi unearthed traces of a bone workshop and an oil lamp store, as well as the heads of sculptures depicting Aphrodite and Dionysus
Smithsonian. Tue, 16 Nov 2021 18:07:11 +0000.
- Greece's tavernas, coffee shops close for pandemic protest
Associations representing restaurants and catering businesses in Greece are holding strikes and work stoppages across the country Tuesday, seeking renewed financial relief from the government due to the effects of the pandemic
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Tue, 16 Nov 2021 10:09:46 GMT.
Facts about Greece
The Hellenic Republic, also known as Greece, is a parliamentary
democracy located on the Balkan peninsula in southern Europe. Its
capital city is Athens, and its currency is the Euro. The primary
language of Greece is Greek, and the country's estimated population in
2020 was 10,423,054.
For more information about Greece, visit the
Hellenic Electronic Center website
and the Greece Background Note web page. For detailed maps of Greece,
visit this Greece map
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Greece