Health affects every aspect of life, and being proactive about
maintaining good health is key to quality of life and longevity.
Keeping up with the latest health information regarding medicine,
fitness, nutrition, health care, mental health, drugs, diet, and medical
conditions is important for staying healthy in all stages of life.
Health news also covers information on heath trends, the latest medical
research, cutting edge cures and the regulatory landscape worldwide,
which is important for health care providers and consumers alike.
Technology has made accessing current, relevant information easier than
Browse the headlines below to find the latest health news from around the globe.
- Rishi Sunak sets out measures to boost UK drought resilience
Warnings are in place over the health impacts of extreme heat and the risk of wildfires.
David Lynch. The Independent. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 17:29:06 GMT.
- Famous Georgetown Cupcake Temporarily Shut By D.C. Health Department
Georgetown Cupcake told Forbes the closure will not affect its nationwide shipping business.
By Derek Saul, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 10:53:16 -0400.
- Can Healthy Revenue Growth Aid Keysight's (KEYS) Q3 Earnings?
Keysight (KEYS) is likely to have experienced revenue growth with an increase in sales from Communications Solutions Group, which is likely to have driven its fiscal Q3 earnings.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 14:36:00 GMT.
- In pictures: Heatwaves, drought and wildfires
High temperatures and lack of rain continues across Europe, as governments to issue health warnings.
BBC News. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 14:18:56 GMT.
- Palestinian hunger striker moved to hospital as health worsens
Khalil Awawdeh has refused food for over 160 days to draw attention to his detention by Israel without charge or trial.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 13:11:03 +0000.
- Nurse sues Nuffield Health for racial victimisation, claiming she was treated like a 'black slave'
Rosaline Caesar-Scammell claims she suffered 21 years of racism from colleagues at the private healthcare firm. She is also suing for wrongful dismissal, after being fired in 2020.
Daily Mail. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 13:51:41 +0100.
- UK heatwave: Four-day extreme heat warning comes into effect
Scorching temperatures may affect people's health and disrupt transport, the Met Office says.
BBC News. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 12:39:22 GMT.
- Second monkeypox case recorded in Western Australia
Health authorities in Western Australia have today confirmed a second case of monkeypox virus in a returned overseas traveller.
Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 21:16:41 +1000.
- Palestinian death toll Gaza fighting rises to 47
Hamas-run Palestinian Health Ministry reports 16 women and four children among the casualties; as many as 16 Gazans might have been killed by misfired Islamic Jihad missiles
Times of Israel. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 11:11:56 +0000.
- British student attacked by bison 'may be left stranded in US'
A British student who is unable to walk after being attacked by a bison may be left stranded in the US after her health insurance said it will withdraw support.
Sky News. Thu, 11 Aug 2022 11:33:00 +0100.
- Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (vCJD) and Plasma Derivatives Other than Factor VIII (pdFVIII) Questions and Answers
The US Public Health Service, including FDA, CDC, and NIH, believes that vCJD risk from US licensed pdFVIII products is most likely to be extremely small, although we do not know the risk with certainty.
Fda. Food and Drug Administration. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 14:07:56 EDT.
- What the historic health care bill Biden signed means for veterans and their families
Story at a glance President Biden signed the PACT Act on Wednesday which expands health care services and screenings to veterans exposed to toxic burn pits. ...
Alejandra O'connell-domenech. The Hill. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 16:34:12 +0000.
- Biden signs sweeping burn-pit law to help ailing military veterans
President Biden on Wednesday signed into law new health care benefits for veterans exposed to hazardous toxins in the line of duty, calling it "the most significant law our nation has ever passed."
Joseph Clark. Washington Times. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 12:26:42 -0400.
- Medicare Recipients Could Find Drug Cost Relief in Health Bill
Starting in 2025, Medicare recipients with prescription drug coverage will not have to pay more than $2,000 annually for medications, a significant savings for some.
Sheryl Gay Stolberg and Noah Weiland. New York Times. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 14:15:47 +0000.
- Inflation Reduction Act Would Boost Obamacare Tax Credit
Despite its name, the Inflation Reduction Act's main goals are really to address climate change and lower healthcare costs. ...
Rocky Mengle. Kiplinger. Wed, 10 Aug 2022 09:42:07 GMT.
- Monkeypox outbreak sparks debate over guidance on sexual behaviors
Public health officials are grappling with how far to go in advising gay men to alter their sexual behavior as the monkeypox virus spreads mostly through their social networks but is a threat to anyone.
Tom Howell Jr.. Washington Times. Tue, 09 Aug 2022 16:58:32 -0400.
- Former Google exec Andrew Toy named CEO of Clover Health
- Israeli forces kill several, wound dozens in West Bank raid
Three people were killed and dozens wounded Tuesday, the Palestinian health ministry said, as Israeli forces raided the occupied West Bank city of Nablus.
News Wires. France 24. Tue, 09 Aug 2022 13:08:44 GMT.
- Rep. Allred details how climate, tax, health care bill will lower everyday costs
The Inflation Reduction Act s now set for a vote in the House this week.
ABC News. Mon, 08 Aug 2022 15:12:47 -0400.
- Hong Kong cuts hotel quarantine in latest move to improve travel
Hong Kong will reduce the period of time arrivals must spend in hotel quarantine to three days, plus four days of health monitoring,.
Straits Times. Mon, 08 Aug 2022 11:11:08 +0800.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
Health News Articles