Health affects every aspect of life, and being proactive about
maintaining good health is key to quality of life and longevity.
Keeping up with the latest health information regarding medicine,
fitness, nutrition, health care, mental health, drugs, diet, and medical
conditions is important for staying healthy in all stages of life.
Health news also covers information on heath trends, the latest medical
research, cutting edge cures and the regulatory landscape worldwide,
which is important for health care providers and consumers alike.
Technology has made accessing current, relevant information easier than
Browse the headlines below to find the latest health news from around the globe.
- Victorian healthcare workers brace for record numbers of coronavirus patients
The mood at the Austin Hospital is one of trepidation. Staff are bracing for a volume of COVID-19 patients never before experienced in Australia.
Melissa Cunningham. Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 19:31:15 +1000.
- Arkansas hospital staff must stop using 30 medications to get religious exemption for Covid vaccine
Conway Regional Medical Center is requiring staff members who receive exemption to vaccine requirements do to religious reasons to also attest that they will not use other common medicines.
Daily Mail. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 03:00:34 GMT.
- American Samoa reports first case of COVID-19
The American Samoa reported its first case of COVID-19 on Friday. The territory's Department of Health confirmed the positive case among 43 travelers ...
Jordan Williams. The Hill. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 02:35:51 +0000.
- Covid 19 Australia: NSW records 1331 cases, Victoria records 535
New South Wales has recorded 1331 new local cases of Covid-19.Six Covid-related deaths were also reported by NSW Health. One person was in their 40s, one person was in their 60s, two people were in their 70s and two people ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 13:00:00 +1200.
- Man charged for threats targeting reproductive health center
An Ohio man has been arrested for allegedly making two threatening calls to a local reproductive health care clinic.
ABC News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:42:40 -0400.
- FDA advisers vote unanimously to give COVID booster to people 65+
Health Ministry: More than 3 million Israelis have received a third shot.
Jerusalem Post. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 20:36:19 GMT.
- Jewell Jones, jailed Michigan Democrat, ordered to get mental health exam
HOWELL, Mich. — A Michigan lawmaker who was jailed for violating his bond conditions in a drunken driving case must complete a mental health exam, a judge ordered Friday. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:31:28 -0400.
- San Francisco mayor dances maskless at nightclub in defiance of own health order
City requires patrons prove vaccination and wear masks at all indoor venues
Oliver O'connell and Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 20:22:39 GMT.
- US FDA advisers recommend Covid-19 boosters for 65 and older after rejecting broad approval
Healthcare workers and others at high risk of occupational exposure to the virus should be included too, they said.
Straits Times. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 04:13:55 +0800.
- Mad cow disease found on Somerset farm
Officials say there is no current risk to public health from the infection, known as mad cow disease.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 18:51:08 GMT.
- Acadia Healthcare (ACHC) Starts Building New Behavioral Facility
Acadia Healthcare (ACHC) opens a new behavioral facility to tap the growing market of mental illness.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 17:21:00 GMT.
- Clinical Outcome Assessment (COA) Qualification Program
The Clinical Outcome Assessment (COA) Qualification program manages the qualification process for COAs intended to address unmet public health needs, works directly with requestors in guiding COA development for qualification.
Fda. Food and Drug Administration. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 13:11:23 EDT.
- Russia studies possibility to use jabs against COVID-19 and influenza at once
As Russia's health minister mentioned, while the trials are still in progress, the health ministry recommends waiting for a month between the vaccinations
Tass. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 19:11:13 +0300.
- Around 2 Million Die From Work-Related Causes Annually, Finds UN Report
As many as 1.9 million people died from work-related diseases and injuries in 2016, according to the first joint estimates from the World Health Organization (WHO) and International Labour Organization (ILO). ...
By Disha Shetty, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 11:54:08 -0400.
- Maskless San Francisco mayor breaks health order, seen partying with BLM co-founder at nightclub
San Francisco Mayor London Breed was seen partying and singing maskless in a nightclub, breaking her city's mask mandate.
Emma Colton. Fox News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 11:55:08 GMT.
- Where Did It All Go So Wrong for Juul?
A new documentary by The New York Times traces the e-cigarette maker on its path from fledgling start-up to Silicon Valley juggernaut and, eventually, public health villain.
New York Times. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 11:00:06 +0000.
- Centuries-Old Pottery Could Reveal When the Crow Arrived in Wyoming
Radiocarbon dating of ceramics found at Medicine Lodge Archaeological Site may offer new insights on the region's Indigenous history
Smithsonian. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 15:55:56 +0000.
- France suspends thousands of health workers 'without pay' after they fail to get vaccinated
Around 3,000 health workers in France have been suspended, reportedly without pay, for failing to get vaccinated against COVID-19 ahead of a deadline this week to have at least one jab.
Sky News. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 15:12:00 +0100.
- First Covid booster jabs given to NHS staff
Hospitals in England and Wales can now start vaccinating healthcare workers with a booster dose.
BBC News. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 12:16:36 GMT.
- France suspends 3,000 unvaccinated health workers without pay
Thousands of health workers across France have been suspended without pay for failing to get vaccinated against Covid-19 ahead of a deadline this week, Health Minister Olivier Veran said Thursday.
News Wires. France 24. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:54:40 GMT.
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
Health News Articles