- 3 Tornadoes Strike Germany, Amid Heat Wave in Southern Europe
Extreme weather was also felt elsewhere in Europe as heat waves threatened Spain and parts of southern France.
Isabella Kwai. New York Times. Sun, 22 May 2022 17:03:21 +0000.
- Spanish Grand Prix: Max Verstappen gains F1 title lead after victory
JONATHAN McEVOY: Max Verstappen took the world championship lead after storming to victory in an exciting Spanish Grand Prix that saw Lewis Hamilton produce a fine comeback drive.
Daily Mail. Sun, 22 May 2022 14:42:07 GMT.
- Spanish Grand Prix: Max Verstappen wins in Spain to take title lead as Charles Leclerc retires
Max Verstappen fights back from an early spin to win the Spanish Grand Prix after title rival Charles Leclerc retires from a dominant lead.
BBC News. Sun, 22 May 2022 14:41:33 GMT.
- Rangers fan wins race from Seville to Lewis for 100th party
Dan Crossley made it home from Spain for his grandfather's birthday with just 90 minutes to spare.
BBC News. Sun, 22 May 2022 10:29:40 GMT.
- LaLiga criticises 'scandalous' deal to make Kylian Mbappe world's highest paid footballer
The top football league in Spain - LaLiga - has described a new deal Paris Saint-Germain have given to striker Kylian Mbappe as "scandalous".
Sky News. Sat, 21 May 2022 21:52:00 +0100.
- Spain relaxes Covid entry rules for unvaccinated UK travellers
Holidaymakers who have not been jabbed must show proof of negative test
The Independent. Sat, 21 May 2022 18:55:05 GMT.
- Number of countries reporting monkeypox cases revealed
The first monkeypox cases were reported in Spain and Portugal
Tass. Fri, 20 May 2022 18:34:29 +0300.
- Why monkeypox cases are rising in Europe
Outbreaks in the UK, Portugal and Spain are raising alarm because the disease mostly occurs in Africa.
Straits Times. Thu, 19 May 2022 05:22:40 +0800.
- Monkeypox cases among gay, bisexual men reported in Portugal, Britain
British health authorities said Wednesday they had identified two new cases of monkeypox, one in London and another in southeast England.
Maria Cheng and Barry Hatton. Sydney Morning Herald. Thu, 19 May 2022 05:31:47 +1000.
- Portugal finds 5 monkeypox cases in men as outbreak spreads
The first US case of the recent global Monkeypox outbreak has been detected in the state of Massachusetts.The Department of Public Health said the infection was found in an adult man who recently travelled to Canada and ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 19 May 2022 07:17:18 +1200.
- Russia expels dozens of diplomats from France, Italy and Spain
Russia said it was expelling a total of 85 embassy staff in response to similar moves from the three European nations.
Al Jazeera. Wed, 18 May 2022 16:36:30 +0000.
- Pent-up Demand Drives Global Leisure and Business Flight Bookings Past 2019 Levels
U.S., U.K, Switzerland, Spain and Netherlands top the list of most visited destinations - Cruises, buses and trains see strong spending rebound in 2022 as Covid restrictions loosen.
Travel Industry Wire. 2022-05-18 11:19:22 EST.
- When Dangerous Weather Approaches The Spanish Translation Problem Looms
Communicating weather risks in Spanish is not as trivial as you may think, but some forward-thinking efforts are making it better.
By Marshall Shepherd, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 13 May 2022 10:34:32 -0400.
- DHS launches ad campaign begging illegal immigrants not to come
Homeland Security unveiled a new Spanish-language ad campaign Wednesday aimed at would-be migrants, urging them not to put their lives into the hands of smugglers who are convincing them to make the journey.
Stephen Dinan. Washington Times. Wed, 11 May 2022 16:05:13 -0400.
- WATCH: Couple helps ducks cross the road
The elderly couple in Spain escorted a family of ducks through a crosswalk.
ABC News. Sat, 07 May 2022 12:15:37 -0400.
- EU Commission Chief Urges Restart Of France-Spain Pipeline Amid Kremlin Energy 'Blackmail'
The EU Commission chief has called for the resumption of work on a new gas pipeline linking France and Spain as the bloc seeks to reduce dependence on Russian energy sources.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 06 May 2022 18:55:10 +0000.
- Live updates | Spain arrests Ukrainian politician-blogger
MADRID - Spanish authorities have arrested a Ukrainian politician-blogger accused of treason in his home country.
The Associated Press. Washington Times. Thu, 05 May 2022 02:30:24 -0400.
- Portugal commissions new rescue boat
The Portuguese Navy commissioned its first new Vigilante II-class L150-SV high-speed search-and-rescue boat on 21 April.
Janes 360. Tue, 26 Apr 2022 11:20:14 Z.
- 'Shocked' Spanish PM Tours Carnage In Borodyanka During Surprise Visit To Ukraine
Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez and Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen have made a surprise visit to Kyiv for talks with President Volodymyr Zelenskiy amid Russia's unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.
Radio Liberty. Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:36:22 +0000.
- Police Find 1,090 Taxidermy Animals in a Private Collection in Spain
The animals include about 400 protected species
Smithsonian. Wed, 13 Apr 2022 10:30:00 +0000.
Facts About Iberian Peninsula States
The Iberian States include Spain, Portugal, and Andorra. They are
located on the Iberian Peninsula in southwestern Europe. For more
news and information about each of the Iberian Peninsula countries,
visit the official goverment websites listed below.
The Kingdom of Spain's capital city is Madrid, and its currency is the
Euro. Spanish is the official language of Spain, and in 2020, the
country's estimated population was 46,754,778.
The Portuguese Republic's capital city is Lisbon, and its currency is
the Euro. Portuguese is the official language of Portugal,
and in 2020, the nation's estimated population was 10,196,709.
The Principality of Andorra's capital city is Andorra la Vella, and its
currency is the Euro. Catalan, French, and Spanish are the primary
languages spoken in Andorra, and in 2020, the principality's estimated
population was 77,265.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Spain, Portugal, and Andorra