The Internet is a system of interconnected computer networks that
deliver content to billions of users around the globe. It utilizes
the standard Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP) and electronic, wireless
and optical technologies to link millions of smaller networks into the
larger network we collectively think of. The content made
accessible by the Internet is extremely diverse and is a reflection of
society itself. New methods of technology, content delivery, and
design trends ensure that Internet news is constantly changing.
Browse the headlines below to find relevant, up-to-date Internet news
for web programmers and designers, technology professionals, and the
general public alike.
- Jeff Bezos faces court saga as brother of his fiancee vows to 'air everyone's dirty laundry'
Amazon boss Jeff Bezos was already the richest man on the planet before the coronavirus pandemic locked us in our homes and forced us into the arms of the internet.
Daily Mail. Sat, 06 Jun 2020 23:18:47 GMT.
- SPDR S&P Internet ETF (XWEB) Hits New 52-Week High
The SPDR S&P Internet ETF (XWEB) has hit a new 52-week high. Are more gains in store?
Sweta Jaiswal, Frm. Zacks. Fri, 05 Jun 2020 21:29:00 GMT.
- Amplify Online Retail: A Bet on How We Will Shop
This ETF invests in fast-growing internet retailers around the world.
Kiplinger. Fri, 05 Jun 2020 09:36:24 -0400.
- Hackers and hucksters reinvigorate 'Anonymous' brand amid protests
The amorphous internet activist movement known as Anonymous staged an online resurgence in the past week on the back of real-world protests against police brutality.
Reuters. Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:59:15 -0400.
- Tech Is Global. Right?
The internet is evolving from a homogeneous blob into something more like the diverse world.
Shira Ovide. New York Times. Thu, 04 Jun 2020 16:58:51 +0000.
- Why Understanding Memes And Internet Humor Is Important To Grasping What People Are Really Saying In 2020
If you don't understand memes you might not be understanding 2020.
By David Ryan Polgar, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:20:08 -0400.
- Creating Chaos: How Antifa and other extremists drive discord online
As unrest continues to unravel in scores of cities across the United States, the power of anonymity is given rise to dizzying levels of discord, disinformation, conspiracies, and anarchy-peddling, across social media and the world wide web.
Hollie Mckay. Fox News. Wed, 03 Jun 2020 23:01:51 GMT.
- Publishers Sue Internet Archive for Copyright Infringement
The online library loosened restrictions on its collection of scanned books at the end of March in response to the pandemic
Smithsonian. Wed, 03 Jun 2020 19:14:38 +0000.
- Working from home? Your boss might be able to track what you're doing online
If you've never considered whether your company monitors your workflow and internet activity, a local cybersecurity expert says you should.
Wls. ABC News. Wed, 03 Jun 2020 16:57:14 +0000.
- #BlackoutTuesday: Millions make stand against racism and turn internet black
Millions of people have turned the internet black for #BlackoutTuesday, a huge social media protest sparked following the death of George Floyd.
Sky News. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 12:28:00 +0100.
- US retailers slammed over COVID-19 operations
Internet giant Amazon and supermarket chain owner Kroger among those criticised for praising their staff as 'heroes' for working during the coronavirus pandemic.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 14:25:18 GMT.
- 'People use us to go to sleep to': Sudoku solvers become internet sensation
Hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world are watching these men solve Sudoku puzzles.
BBC News. Sun, 31 May 2020 23:01:52 GMT.
- Industrial Internet of Things market to drop by 10% - newspaper
Industrial companies are expected to cut digitalization budgets because of the novel coronavirus
Tass. Sun, 31 May 2020 07:42:17 +0300.
- Trump vs. Twitter: Making sense of the fact-check fight
President Trump signed an executive order aimed at changing one of the most important laws governing speech on the internet. Will the move change the way social media companies treat his posts?
Yahoo. Sat, 30 May 2020 16:37:28 -0400.
- Thousands of TalkTalk users hit by internet problems
Firm says the issue is now resolved after customers across the UK reported connection difficulties.
BBC News. Fri, 29 May 2020 10:57:54 GMT.
- Odd couple: Pair arrested over stabbing, five-hour standoff
An American couple arrested after a stabbing and five-hour standoff in the North Carolina city of Asheville have captured the internet's attention after their mugshots were released.Julia Crystal Cavaliere, 41, and 54-year-old ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 29 May 2020 12:02:46 +1200.
- Section 230: The little law that defined how the internet works
"The idea behind [Section] 230 was that the platforms were much better suited to come up with the rules of the road than the government," said one expert.
Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 29 May 2020 07:18:20 +1000.
- What is Section 230 of Communications Decency Act?
A look at one of the tools used in the fight to protect freedom of expression on the internet.
Voice of America. Thu, 28 May 2020 16:59:01 -0400.
- Kitten born with two faces dies days after internet fame
'He was born with the longest of odds and by living nearly 4 days, he beat those odds,' says family
Kate Ng. The Independent. Mon, 25 May 2020 08:46:00 GMT.
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
A research team has recorded the world's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip of 44.2 Terabits per second.
Science Daily. Fri, 22 May 2020 09:55:04 EDT.