The Internet is a system of interconnected computer networks that
deliver content to billions of users around the globe. It utilizes
the standard Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP) and electronic, wireless
and optical technologies to link millions of smaller networks into the
larger network we collectively think of. The content made
accessible by the Internet is extremely diverse and is a reflection of
society itself. New methods of technology, content delivery, and
design trends ensure that Internet news is constantly changing.
Browse the headlines below to find relevant, up-to-date Internet news
for web programmers and designers, technology professionals, and the
general public alike.
- Ghana to host Twitter's first Africa office
The company explained its choice by the freedoms of expression and internet access offered by the west African country
AfricaNews. Mon, 12 Apr 2021 19:46:30 +0000.
- Ant Group Announces Overhaul as China Tightens Its Grip
Beijing had accused the internet-finance titan, a sister company of the e-commerce giant Alibaba, of flouting regulations in its quest for growth.
Raymond Zhong. New York Times. Mon, 12 Apr 2021 18:22:16 +0000.
- Broadband prices rise: Here's how to get a cheaper deal
Millions of households will begin paying more for their internet with all four major broadband providers hiking prices this month. Here's how to bag yourself a better deal.
Daily Mail. Sat, 10 Apr 2021 06:46:21 GMT.
- How 5G Will Bring High-Speed Internet To Underserved Communities
Most headlines about the fifth generation of mobile networks focus on the blazing-fast speeds and higher bandwidth users will see from 5G devices.
By T-mobile Contributor, T-mobile For Business. Forbes. Fri, 09 Apr 2021 16:59:02 -0400.
- Verizon (VZ) Rolls Out 5G Home Internet in Milwaukee, Tampa
Verizon's (VZ) 5G Home Internet is a fixed wireless access service that provides ultra-fast Wi-Fi connections to homes.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 09 Apr 2021 12:23:00 GMT.
- Internet companies courting conservatives while cracking down on content
Several of the largest internet companies are courting conservative allies, even as they crack down on content from the right after the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. ...
Ryan Lovelace. Washington Times. Thu, 08 Apr 2021 22:49:29 -0400.
- What Is Cottagecore? A Closer Look at the Dreamy Aesthetic Taking Over the Internet
Celebrate life's simplest pleasures by filling your house with charming, cozy decor.
Good Housekeeping. Thu, 08 Apr 2021 15:10:00 +0000.
- Audience of Russian Internet segment in 2020 surpasses 95 mln people
It is more than 78% of the population of our country, the deputy prime minister said
Tass. Wed, 07 Apr 2021 13:32:22 +0300.
- Photo of Khloe Kardashian rocking bikini pic sparks confusion, gets scrubbed from Internet
An unedited photo of Khloe Kardashian wearing a bikini went viral this week.
Melissa Roberto. Fox News. Tue, 06 Apr 2021 18:10:13 GMT.
- Facebook and Google at centre of second wave of defamation reform
NSW and Victoria are forging ahead with a second tranche of defamation reforms, examining the responsibility of internet platforms for defamatory material.
Michaela Whitbourn. Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 07 Apr 2021 00:01:00 +1000.
- BIMO/Team Biologics/Internet Surveillance/Other
This is the main page for the CBER BIMO/Team Biologics/Internet Surveillance/Other.
Fda. Food and Drug Administration. Mon, 05 Apr 2021 14:27:01 EDT.
- Menendez brothers case back in spotlight thanks to TikTok teens: Reporter's notebook
The convicted murderers had garnered an army of internet defenders on -- wait for it -- TikTok.
Abcnews. ABC News. Sat, 03 Apr 2021 19:57:33 +0000.
- Facebook undersea cable to boost South East Asia internet
- Facebook plans undersea cables to connect southeast Asia and America
Facebook is planning two undersea cables to connect Singapore, Indonesia and North America in a bid to boost internet connection capacity between the regions.
Sky News. Mon, 29 Mar 2021 09:09:00 +0100.
- China erasing clothing brand H&M from sales platforms amid Xinjiang backlash
H&M disappeared from the internet in China as the Government raised pressure on shoe and clothing brands and announced sanctions on Friday against British officials in a spiralling fight over complaints of abuses in the Xinjiang ...
New Zealand Herald. Sun, 28 Mar 2021 12:48:29 +1200.
- China erasing H&M from internet amid Xinjiang backlash
H&M is disappearing from the internet in China as the government raises pressure on shoe and clothing brands
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Fri, 26 Mar 2021 10:41:14 GMT.
- Face editing: Japanese biker tricks internet into thinking he is a young woman
The 50-year-old biker said he thought his social media followers would not want to see an old "uncle".
BBC News. Fri, 19 Mar 2021 09:56:55 GMT.
- BT's Openreach to build full-fibre internet 'like fury' after Ofcom move
Regulator Ofcom will not cap Openreach's fees for full-fibre connections for at least 10 years.
BBC News. Thu, 18 Mar 2021 09:19:17 GMT.
- China summons technology firms over voice software security
HONG KONG (AP) - Chinese authorities summoned 11 companies including Alibaba and Tencent for talks regarding the security of voice software, as Beijing steps up scrutiny over the internet sector. ...
Zen Soo. Washington Times. Thu, 18 Mar 2021 04:57:48 -0400.
- Why 'Sickos' have invaded Senators games
The team adopted an internet meme for a recent game -- with proceeds going to charity. Here's how it all happened.
ESPN. Wed, 17 Mar 2021 20:38:24 EST.