- Iranian cops use a dog catching pole to arrest woman for being 'unveiled'
Police in Tehran were filmed arresting a woman with what appears to be a snare designed to catch dogs, as the city's deputy police chief said she was being 'insulting and aggressive' to officers.
Daily Mail. Wed, 20 Oct 2021 13:17:00 GMT.
- Iran, Venezuela to sign 20-year cooperation accord
Venezuelan President Maduro will meet his Iranian counterpart on visit to Tehran 'in the next few months'.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 18 Oct 2021 12:05:52 +0000.
- Court Upholds New One-Year Sentence for Iranian-British Woman
An Iranian appeals court has upheld a verdict sentencing an Iranian-British woman long held in Tehran to another year in prison, her lawyer said Saturday. ...
Voice of America. Sat, 16 Oct 2021 10:30:35 -0400.
- EU Awaiting Response From U.S., Tehran Before Calling Meeting Of Nuclear Deal Negotiators
EU foreign-policy chief Josep Borrell is waiting on responses from Washington and Tehran before calling a meeting of negotiators on the Iranian nuclear deal, his spokesman said.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 15 Oct 2021 06:51:36 +0000.
- Lavrov says he will discuss with Iranian counterpart early resumption of nuclear deal
The Russian Foreign Minister also pointed out that despite the pandemic Moscow and Tehran continued intensive political dialogue at all levels
Tass. Wed, 06 Oct 2021 12:11:52 +0300.
- Iran and I.A.E.A. Reach Last-Minute Deal on Nuclear Monitoring
The temporary agreement should keep Tehran from censure for noncompliance by the nuclear agency, a move that could have derailed already suspended nuclear talks.
Steven Erlanger. New York Times. Sun, 12 Sep 2021 14:25:08 +0000.
- Iran to Allow Inspectors to Service Cameras at Sensitive Nuclear Sites
Announcement comes after talks in Tehran between Rafael Grossi, head of International Atomic Energy Agency and Mohammad Eslami, head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran.
Voice of America. Sun, 12 Sep 2021 10:00:53 -0400.
- Iran backtracks on plans to release Zaghari-Ratcliffe as court sentences another Briton
Iranian media claim Tehran has shelved a prisoner swap with the West as Raisi takes over
Ahmed Aboudouh. The Independent. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 14:50:21 GMT.
- Tanker attack: UK and US blame Iran for deadly ship attack
The UK accuses Tehran of violating international law, while Iran calls the accusations "baseless".
BBC News. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 11:32:21 GMT.
- Alleged Iran kidnap plot complicates Biden diplomatic push
President Biden faced renewed pressure to rethink his diplomatic outreach to Tehran after the Justice Department late Tuesday charged four Iranian intelligence officials with plotting to kidnap a U.S. journalist in New York City. ...
Ben Wolfgang. Washington Times. Wed, 14 Jul 2021 15:17:03 -0400.
- Swiss embassy employee in Tehran dies in fall from building: report
The second-highest ranked employee at the Swiss embassy in Tehran died Tuesday after a fall from the building where she lived, according to a report.
Edmund Demarche. Fox News. Tue, 04 May 2021 08:09:35 GMT.
- UK to pay Tehran £400m to free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, state TV reports
The UK will pay £400m to Tehran to free Iranian-British woman Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, according to reports on Iranian state TV.
Sky News. Sun, 02 May 2021 14:41:00 +0100.
- Wesley Clark Says Don't Quit Iran Nuclear Deal
President Donald Trump must not terminate the Iran nuclear agreement - otherwise Tehran "will move quickly to get a nuclear weapon," retired Army Gen. ...
Newsmax. Fri, 09 Feb 2018 19:28:13 EDT.
Facts About Iran
The Islamic Republic of Iran, located in southwest Asia, is governed by
an elected President who appoints a Prime Minister and other ministers
as well as a unicameral Consultative Assembly. An appointed
religious leader, known as an Ayatollah, is authorized to protect the
Iran's capital city is Tehran, and its currency is the Iranian Real.
In 2020, Iran's estimated population was 83,992,949, and the primary
spoken language of Iranians is Farsi (or Persian). Approximately
51% of Iranians are Persian, 24% are Azeri, 7% are Kurdish, and 18% are
Click on the small Iran map shown at right to display a full-size
map of Iran.
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org.
All rights reserved.
News Articles about Iran