- Uneasy calm in Baghdad after assassination attempt on Iraq PM
Protesters in Baghdad still contest election results days after failed assassination attempt on Mustafa al-Kadhimi.
Al Jazeera. Wed, 10 Nov 2021 13:19:13 +0000.
- Iraq PM says his would-be assassins have been identified
Mustafa al-Kadhimi says he knows who was behind Sunday's drone attack on his Baghdad home.
BBC News. Mon, 08 Nov 2021 15:47:10 GMT.
- Iraqi PM survives drone strike as explosion rocks his Baghdad residence in fortified Green Zone
Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi survived a drone strike after his Baghdad home was targeted by a drone laden with explosives in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Daily Mail. Sun, 07 Nov 2021 02:52:41 +0000.
- Iraqi PM al-Kadhimi survives Baghdad 'assassination attempt'
Mustafa al-Kadhimi said he was unhurt in the attack on his house, said to be by an armed drone.
BBC News. Sun, 07 Nov 2021 02:47:52 GMT.
- Jailed Kazakh Activist Says He Swallowed Nails To Protest Conviction
Jailed Kazakh opposition activist Baghdad Baqtybaev says he has swallowed iron nails to protest his conviction and incarceration.
Radio Liberty. Mon, 01 Nov 2021 08:42:10 +0000.
- Macron to Attend Baghdad Summit Amid Fears Over IS
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi and Jordan's King Abdullah II also are to attend.
Voice of America. Sat, 28 Aug 2021 01:13:10 -0400.
- Iraq Seeks to Ease Saudi-Iran Hostility at Baghdad Summit
Officials say the meeting, which will also discuss the war in Yemen, Lebanon's collapse and a regional water crisis, could take a step towards Saudi-Iranian rapprochement.
Voice of America. Wed, 25 Aug 2021 08:45:17 -0400.
- At least 35 people killed after suicide bomber strikes busy Baghdad market
At least 35 people are dead after a suicide bomber struck a crowded market in the Iraqi capital city of Baghdad.
Sky News. Tue, 20 Jul 2021 01:02:00 +0100.
- Death toll from Baghdad blast up to 25
So far, no one has claimed responsibility for the blast
Tass. Mon, 19 Jul 2021 21:22:48 +0300.
- Among Iraqis, the name Rumsfeld evokes nation's destruction
News of the death of former U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has hit far differently in Baghdad than in the U.S. capital
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Thu, 01 Jul 2021 19:59:23 GMT.
The Republic of Iraq, located in southwest Asia, is governed by a
federal government comprised of executive, legislative, and judicial
branches plus various independent commissions.
Its capital city is Baghdad, and its currency is the Iraqi Dinar.
The primary languages used in Iraq are Arabic and Kurdish, and in 2020,
Iraq's estimated population was 40,222,493. Approximately 77% of
Iraqis are Arab, 18% are Kurdish, and 5% are other ethnicities.
Click on the small Iraq map shown at right to display a full-size
map of Iraq.