- U.S. Says It Gave France Hours' Notice of Deal With Australia
The degree of French anger recalled the acrimonious rift between Paris and Washington in 2003 over the Iraq war and involved language not seen since then.
Michael D. Shear and Roger Cohen. New York Times. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 01:05:38 +0000.
- How 9/11 changed the Middle East
A clique of hawkish, ambitious Washington foreign policy obsessives saw Iraq as a place to implement their vision, writes Borzou Daragahi
Borzou Daragahi. The Independent. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 12:15:43 GMT.
- Iraq receives Textron Commandos
Iraq's Counter-Terrorism Service (CTS) has received 20 vehicles from the US-led coalition, a spokesperson for the Iraqi Ministry of Defence announced on 14 September.
Janes 360. Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:50:14 Z.
- Death and suffering in Iraq a painful legacy of 9/11 attacks
Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. But the terrorist attacks in the United States changed forever the lives of Iraqis.In their aftermath, the US invaded Afghanistan, swiftly deposing the Taliban regime that had been sheltering ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 13 Sep 2021 14:33:17 +1200.
- US shoots down Iranian drones attacking airport in Iraq: officials
U.S. forces shot down a pair of Iranian drones that attacked the Irbil airport in Kurdish-held northern Iraq late on 20th anniversary of Sept. 11.
Lucas Tomlinson Peter Aitken. Fox News. Sun, 12 Sep 2021 11:29:23 GMT.
- Drone attack hits near US forces at Erbil airport in northern Iraq on anniversary of 9/11
A drone attack hit near U.S. forces stationed at Erbil International Airport in northern Iraq on Saturday, Iraqi Kurdish security officials said. They added three rockets hit near the airport.
Daily Mail. Sun, 12 Sep 2021 01:09:04 +0100.
- TotalEnergies (TTE) to Invest in Iraq's Resource Development
TotalEnergies (TTE) enters into an agreement to invest $10 billion in Iraq for the development of natural resources and clean energy generation in the country.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 07 Sep 2021 14:20:00 GMT.
- Inside the Beltway: True heroes of Iraq and Afghanistan
A new book has arrived with a timely reminder to one and all. ...
Jennifer Harper. Washington Times. Sun, 05 Sep 2021 14:25:33 -0400.
- New Zealand attacker 'brainwashed' by radical neighbours, mother says
Neighbours from Syria and Iraq helped him recover after a fall in 2016, she says.
Straits Times. Sun, 05 Sep 2021 02:35:16 +0800.
- UK-born ISIL fighter pleads guilty to murdering US hostages
Alexanda Kotey is one of two ISIL members captured in Iraq before facing trial on 'terrorism' charges in the US.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 03 Sep 2021 10:52:39 +0000.
- Iran Says Fourth Round Of Saudi Talks Likely After New Government Formed
Tehran is planning to hold a new round of talks with Saudi Arabia in Iraq after the new Iranian government is formed, state media reports.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 01 Sep 2021 00:36:51 +0000.
- Why Iraq Would Want To Buy Turkish Drones And Attack Helicopters
Iraq has reportedly expressed its interest in buying Turkish-built military hardware for the first time.
By Paul Iddon, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 29 Aug 2021 07:44:47 -0400.
- Macron to Attend Baghdad Summit Amid Fears Over IS
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi and Jordan's King Abdullah II also are to attend.
Voice of America. Sat, 28 Aug 2021 01:13:10 -0400.
- Iraq Seeks to Ease Saudi-Iran Hostility at Baghdad Summit
Officials say the meeting, which will also discuss the war in Yemen, Lebanon's collapse and a regional water crisis, could take a step towards Saudi-Iranian rapprochement.
Voice of America. Wed, 25 Aug 2021 08:45:17 -0400.
- Iraq: Graft and security issues feed illegal antiquity trade
"Archaeological sites are abundant in Iraq and they are scattered in vast areas throughout Iraq. In most cases, it is not possible to count them and some sites that are very far from the cities. ...
AfricaNews. Mon, 23 Aug 2021 17:13:09 +0000.
Facts About Iraq
The Republic of Iraq, located in southwest Asia, is governed by a
federal government comprised of executive, legislative, and judicial
branches plus various independent commissions.
Its capital city is Baghdad, and its currency is the Iraqi Dinar.
The primary languages used in Iraq are Arabic and Kurdish, and in 2020,
Iraq's estimated population was 40,222,493. Approximately 77% of
Iraqis are Arab, 18% are Kurdish, and 5% are other ethnicities.
Click on the small Iraq map shown at right to display a full-size
map of Iraq.
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org.
All rights reserved.
News Articles about Iraq