- EU 'will agree to three month extension' on Northern Ireland Brexit protocol
In a potential breakthrough in the row, Brussels has signalled it is open to the UK's request to keep transition arrangements on chilled meat sales until the end of September.
Daily Mail. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 16:16:37 +0100.
- Edwin Poots' short legacy will 'help his successor'
Legislating for the Irish language is out of the hands of the next DUP leader, but challenges remain.
BBC News. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 12:02:17 GMT.
- Edwin Poots resigns as DUP leader after weeks in the job
His resignation comes following a meeting of party officers at the DUP headquarters in east Belfast.
BBC News. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 21:10:29 GMT.
- UK asks EU for grace period extension amid Brexit sausage trade row
The UK has asked the European Union to extend the grace period on chilled meats being sent from Great Britain to Northern Ireland.
Sky News. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 19:48:00 +0100.
- New Northern Ireland first minister installed amid turmoil in his DUP party
Threat of no confidence vote in party leader Edwin Poots
Andrew Woodcock. The Independent. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 18:00:17 GMT.
- ICON Announces Pricing of Senior Secured Notes
DUBLIN - ICON Announces Pricing of Senior Secured Notes ...
Business Wire. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 13:25:00 UTC.
- Northern Ireland appoints Brexit hardliner Paul Givan as first minister
Brexit hardliner Paul Givan was installed as Northern Ireland's new first minister on Thursday, as Britain's split from the European Union continues to cause friction in the bitterly divided province.
News Wires. France 24. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 12:44:39 GMT.
- UK-EU sausage spat sizzles on final day of G7 summit
United Kingdom accuses France of 'offensive' remarks that Northern Ireland was not part of the UK.
Al Jazeera. Sun, 13 Jun 2021 17:50:06 +0000.
- UK-EU Brexit spat over N Ireland clouds G7 leaders summit
- Sinead O'Connor walks back retirement announcement: 'I retract'
The Irish singer backtracked a retirement announcement she made on Twitter last week.
Melissa Roberto. Fox News. Fri, 11 Jun 2021 16:48:53 GMT.
- Britain's Johnson hails Biden as 'a big breath of fresh air'
Johnson played down differences with Washington over the impact of Brexit on the peace in Northern Ireland.
Straits Times. Fri, 11 Jun 2021 01:58:25 +0800.
- Your Tuesday Briefing
A tense summer for Northern Ireland.
Natasha Frost. New York Times. Tue, 08 Jun 2021 04:02:39 +0000.
- Digital Realty (DLR) Deploys AWS 100G at Seattle, Dublin Facilities
Digital Realty's (DLR) deployment of AWS Direct Connect 100Gbps connections in Seattle and Dublin positions it well to leverage on customers' increasing tendency for digital transformation.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 04 Jun 2021 17:43:00 GMT.
- Runa Cara review: Irish and Scandinavian folk meet and mingle well
A new partnership between Irish-Australian singer-songwriter Bonnie Stewart and Danish-Australian cellist Freya Schack-Arnott showed our musical world is smaller than we think.
Michael Bailey. Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 31 May 2021 20:44:41 +1000.
- NATO Chief Says 'Hard To Believe' No Russian Coordination On Ryanair Diversion
NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg says he thinks it is likely that Belarusian authorities organized the diversion last week of an Irish airliner to Minsk with ally Russia.
Radio Liberty. Sat, 29 May 2021 08:30:15 +0000.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: Victorian mum's plea for funeral exemption for drowned son turned down
The devastated family of an 8-year-old boy who drowned have had their request for his funeral to go ahead turned down by the Victorian government. Cooper Onyett died at the Belfast Aquatics pool in Port Fairy last Friday ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 28 May 2021 15:07:08 +1200.
- EU states to discuss Ryanair incident at UN Security Council meeting Wednesday - source
France, Estonia and Ireland disclosed that they intend to discuss it during the closed part of the Security Council meeting
Tass. Tue, 25 May 2021 20:32:22 +0300.
- Biden says big spending answers Irish leader's question about whether U.S. can lead
President Biden, in his first major print interview, said Ireland's leader complained to him that America lost its ability to lead, which was a wake-up call for the president. He said that view of the U.S. ...
Tom Howell Jr.. Washington Times. Fri, 21 May 2021 10:01:00 -0400.
- Biggest. Antlers. Ever. Meet the Irish Elk
On view at the Smithsonian's Natural History Museum, this specimen of the extinct species unlocks an evolutionary mystery
Smithsonian. Tue, 18 May 2021 11:00:00 +0000.
- The Quiet Strengthening Of The U.N. Tax Model
Nana Ama Sarfo highlights that gross based taxation could become more prevalent, as Ireland and the Netherlands signal their receptiveness to parts of the U.N. model tax convention.
By Nana Ama Sarfo, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 17 May 2021 13:02:43 -0400.
Ireland is a republic which occupies southern, central, and northwestern
portions of the island of Ireland. Its capital city is Dublin, and
its currency is the Euro.
In 2020, Ireland's estimated population was 4,937,786, and the primary
spoken languages of Ireland are Irish and English.
For more news and information about Ireland, visit the official
Irish government website. For
detailed maps of Ireland, visit this
Ireland map website.
Click on the small Ireland map shown at right to display a full-size
map of Ireland.