- Tory row over energy windfall tax widens as as two more ministers speak out AGAINST it
Health Secretary Sajid Javid and Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis became the latest senior Tories to caution against the move, despite it having widespread public support.
Daily Mail. Sun, 22 May 2022 16:30:36 +0100.
- Aiden McGeady: Sunderland winger on being booed around Scotland and potential Celtic return
Sunderland winger Aiden McGeady opens up about being booed at every ground in Scotland for choosing Republic of Ireland and his potential Celtic return.
BBC News. Sun, 22 May 2022 15:05:04 GMT.
- NI Protocol: US congressman Richard Neal urges UK to have 'good faith' talks with EU
Democrat Congressman Richard Neal is leading a congressional delegation to the UK and Ireland.
BBC News. Sun, 22 May 2022 13:51:32 GMT.
- Cabinet minister meets with top Democrat amid Northern Ireland tensions
The head of the powerful ways and means committee in the US House of Representatives also met with Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer on Saturday.
Amy Gibbons. The Independent. Sat, 21 May 2022 17:14:01 GMT.
- UK minister dismisses US trade deal warning over Northern Ireland Protocol change
The international trade secretary has said the British government's first focus is to maintain peace in Northern Ireland after the US warned a trade deal with the UK is at risk if Westminster changes the protocol.
Sky News. Fri, 20 May 2022 10:18:00 +0100.
- Block (SQ) Taps Ireland Market With Square Register Solution
Block (SQ) rolls out an integrated countertop point-of-sale solution Square Register in Ireland to help sellers smoothly run and grow their businesses.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 17 May 2022 18:01:00 GMT.
- 'In N. Ireland the balance of sensitivities is very delicate'
2022-05-17 18:11 'In N. Ireland the balance of sensitivities is very delicate'
France24. France 24. Tue, 17 May 2022 16:25:28 GMT.
- UK sets out new law to change post-Brexit Northern Ireland trade
EU says it will 'respond with all measures at its disposal' if UK goes ahead with unilateral changes to the protocol.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 17 May 2022 15:24:47 +0000.
- In Risky Move, U.K. Signals It May Scrap Some Northern Ireland Trade Rules
The decision sets Britain on a collision course with the European Union, 18 months after a trade deal that was meant to have completed Brexit.
Mark Landler and Stephen Castle. New York Times. Tue, 17 May 2022 15:06:05 +0000.
- Unionists block new N Ireland govt over Brexit trade rules
Northern Ireland's second-biggest political party on Friday blocked the formation of a working legislature in Belfast, and said it would keep up the boycott until the U.K. ...
Jill Lawless. Washington Times. Fri, 13 May 2022 06:59:49 -0400.
- WATCH: Minke whale spotted off Irish coast
Boaters were treated to a spectacular performance by a minke whale.
ABC News. Thu, 12 May 2022 18:58:18 -0400.
- Britain set to ditch Northern Ireland protocol after giving up on EU talks
LONDON (REUTERS) - British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss is set to ditch large parts of the Northern Ireland protocol after giving up on talks with the European Union on a Brexit deal, The Times reported.
Straits Times. Tue, 10 May 2022 07:48:36 +0800.
- Ukraine 'Fighting For All Of Us,' U2's Bono Says In Kyiv Subway Station Performance
Bono and guitarist The Edge of the Irish rock band U2 praised Ukrainians for fighting for their freedom during a 40-minute unannounced concert in a subway station in Kyiv on May 8.
Radio Liberty. Sun, 08 May 2022 15:52:26 +0000.
- Nationalist party Sinn Fein earns historic election win in Northern Ireland
Party earned 29% of the vote as the first choice, while the DUP garnered 21.3%
Tass. Sun, 08 May 2022 00:18:48 +0300.
- Sinn Fein hails 'new era' as it wins Northern Ireland election vote
The Irish nationalist party Sinn Fein, which seeks unification with Ireland, hailed a "new era" Saturday for Northern Ireland as it captured the largest number of seats in the Northern Ireland Assembly for the first time in a ...
New Zealand Herald. Sun, 08 May 2022 08:08:04 +1200.
- Sinn Fein eyes historic win in Northern Ireland election
Ever since Northern Ireland was founded as a Protestant-majority state a century ago, its governments have been led by unionist politicians who defined themselves as British.
Jill Lawless and Peter Morrison. Washington Times. Wed, 04 May 2022 08:22:22 -0400.
- Russia Just Threatened To Destroy Ireland And Britain With A Nuclear Tsunami
British support for Ukraine could trigger nuclear war, Russia warns.
By Michael Peck, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 03 May 2022 13:26:22 -0400.
- As Russian agents spread lies, Australians could learn from the Irish
As Russian diplomats tweet vicious lies from their embassy in Canberra, the Irish remind us of a word they gave to the world in 1880: boycott.
Tony Wright. Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 08 Apr 2022 06:00:00 +1000.
- Funeral held for Fox News cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski in Ireland
The veteran photojournalist was killed in an attack while reporting in war-torn Ukraine.
Joseph Wulfsohn. Fox News. Tue, 29 Mar 2022 22:18:26 GMT.
- Babcock to modernise NZ inshore patrol vessels being sold to Ireland
Babcock has signed an agreement with the New Zealand Defence Force to carry out maintenance and upgrade work on two decommissioned Royal New Zealand Navy ...
Janes 360. Fri, 18 Mar 2022 12:35:07 Z.
Facts About Ireland
Ireland is a republic which occupies southern, central, and northwestern
portions of the island of Ireland. Its capital city is Dublin, and
its currency is the Euro.
In 2020, Ireland's estimated population was 4,937,786, and the primary
spoken languages of Ireland are Irish and English.
For more news and information about Ireland, visit the official
Irish government website. For
detailed maps of Ireland, visit this
Ireland map website.
Click on the small Ireland map shown at right to display a full-size
map of Ireland.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org.
All rights reserved.
News Articles about Ireland