- As World Shuts Borders to Stop Omicron, Japan Offers a Cautionary Tale
Japan, which has been very cautious throughout the pandemic, is again barring all nonresident foreigners. There is an economic and human cost.
Motoko Rich and Hikari Hida. New York Times. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 03:54:38 +0000.
- Japan adds USD6.8 billion to 2021 defence budget
The government of Japan has approved a supplementary defence budget of JPY773.8 billion (USD6.8 billion) for fiscal year (FY) 2021.
Janes 360. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:20:14 Z.
- Reopening Borders Vs. Travel Bans: How Different Countries Are Reacting As Omicron Spreads
Even as Japan announced a ban on all incoming travelers, Singapore and Malaysia pressed forwards with the reopening of their land borders.
By Siladitya Ray, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 04:54:19 -0500.
- Covid-19: Japan bans entry of foreign visitors as Omicron spreads
Japan announced today that it will suspend entry of all foreign visitors over fear of the Omicron variant spreading."We are taking the step as an emergency precaution to prevent a worst-case scenario in Japan," Prime Minister ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 18:43:38 +1200.
- Japan PM to step up defence amid China, North Korea threats
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida says security situation around Japan is changing fast and is more severe than ever.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 27 Nov 2021 08:19:36 +0000.
- Ghosn affair: The forgotten man in the Nissan scandal
Wife of a former Nissan boss on trial in Japan says he is a forgotten victim of the Carlos Ghosn affair.
BBC News. Fri, 26 Nov 2021 00:02:00 GMT.
- Scientists reveal plans to transform space junk into rocket fuel
An international plan involving firms from the US, Japan and Australia would see space junk captured, cut up and melted into metal rods that can be used as rocket fuel for a propulsion system.
Daily Mail. Tue, 23 Nov 2021 14:45:18 GMT.
- Press review: Japan eyes oil stockpile release and Russia gets border supply-chain pains
Top stories from the Russian press on Monday, November 22nd
Tass. Mon, 22 Nov 2021 13:00:01 +0300.
- Japan Foreign Minister Hayashi says counterpart Wang Yi invited him to China
The invitation comes as ties between Japan and its biggest trading partner become increasingly fraught.
Straits Times. Sun, 21 Nov 2021 11:38:07 +0800.
- Hogg breaks Scotland try-scoring record as hosts edge Japan in final autumn outing
Stuart Hogg becomes Scotland's leading try scorer as they earn a third Autumn Nations Series win in four by edging past Japan at Murrayfield.
BBC News. Sat, 20 Nov 2021 14:43:55 GMT.
- A Literary Scholar Takes Us Around the World in Eight Books
Harvard professor David Damrosch's new release has readers traveling to London, Paris, Nigeria, Tokyo and beyond without ever leaving home
Smithsonian. Thu, 18 Nov 2021 13:00:00 +0000.
- Leaving the grind behind: Green acres beckon in Japan as pandemic shifts priorities
The pandemic has prompted a wholesale rethinking of life choices around the world, but nowhere is the switch as obvious as in Japan, where people are rejecting rigid work cultures and seeking an alternative path.
Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 15 Nov 2021 18:47:49 +1100.
- Japan's robotic dog owners celebrate children festival with their Aibos
Owners of the Japanese robot dogs "Aibo" take their robotic companions to the Kanda Myojin shrine in Tokyo for the children's holiday Shicigosan.
AfricaNews. Fri, 12 Nov 2021 21:57:09 +0000.
- Cardiovascular Systems (CSII) Q1 Loss Wider Than Expected
Cardiovascular Systems' (CSII) coronary franchise registers strong performance globally on continued strength in Japan and Europe.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 10 Nov 2021 14:29:00 GMT.
- US Marines swept out by current while snorkeling off Okinawa rescued by Japan Coast Guard
Three U.S. Marines were rescued by the Japan Coast Guard last Saturday two hours after they were swept out to sea while snorkeling, according to a report.
Brie Stimson. Fox News. Thu, 04 Nov 2021 09:59:40 GMT.
- Wall Street rally, Japan election drive Asian shares higher
Stocks have advanced in Asia, with Tokyo's benchmark up 2.2% after the ruling Liberal Democrats won a stronger than expected majority in an election Sunday
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Mon, 01 Nov 2021 03:56:54 GMT.
- WATCH: People flee from train in Tokyo during stabbing incident
Dramatic video captured people running from smoke on a Tokyo commuter train during an incident where a man brandishing a knife stabbed several passengers and set a fire, police said.
ABC News. Sun, 31 Oct 2021 18:34:23 -0400.
- 'I thought it was a Halloween stunt': 17 injured as man dressed as Batman's Joker stabs passengers on Tokyo train
A man brandishing a "long knife" while dressed as the Joker from Batman stabbed several passengers on a Tokyo commuter train before starting a fire in one of the carriages, local media reported.
Sky News. Sun, 31 Oct 2021 14:42:00 +0000.
- U.S. Rejects Moscow's Claim That Its Warship Tried To Enter Russian Waters
The U.S. Navy has rejected a claim by Moscow that a U.S. warship tried to enter Russian territorial waters in the Sea of Japan during Russian-Chinese naval drills on October 15.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 15 Oct 2021 15:35:24 +0000.
- Biden to Host Leaders of Australia, India, Japan at White House Next Week
The 'Quad' countries have been seeking to enhance cooperation to push back against China's growing assertiveness.
Voice of America. Mon, 13 Sep 2021 19:47:47 -0400.
Facts About Japan
Japan, an island state off the east coast of Asia, is governed as a
constitutional monarchy. Its capital city is Tokyo; its second
largest city is Osaka. Japan's national currency is the Yen.
In 2020, Japan's estimated population was 126,476,461, and Japanese is
the primary language spoken in Japan.
For more news and information about Japan, visit this official
Japanese government website. For detailed maps of Japan, visit
this Japan map website.
Click on the small Japan map shown at right to display a full-size
map of Japan.
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org.
All rights reserved.
News Articles about Japan