- US, South Korea open to expanded military drills to deter North Korea
President Biden and South Korea's president say that they will consider expanded joint military exercises to deter the nuclear threat from North Korea.
Ap. ABC News. Sun, 22 May 2022 11:43:34 +0000.
- North Korea reports 186,000 cases of fever in past day, one patient dead
About 2.06 million of patients have already recovered, while about 579,000 are currently being treated
Tass. Sun, 22 May 2022 07:23:48 +0300.
- U.S., South Korea open to expanded military drills
The announcement Saturday during Biden's visit to Seoul reflects a shift in direction from former U.S. President Donald Trump.
CBS News. Sat, 21 May 2022 23:21:00 -0400.
- Biden reaffirms alliance with South Korea
President Biden reaffirmed the U.S.-South Korea alliance as the two countries look to deter North Korean nuclear missile threats and dependence on Chinese manufacturing. Nancy Cordes has more.
CBS News. Sat, 21 May 2022 22:28:10 -0400.
- Biden passes the hat for Ukraine on his visit to South Korea and Japan
President Joe Biden is using each stop of his trip to South Korea and Japan to push for additional support for Ukraine, a senior administration official said.
Daily Mail. Sun, 22 May 2022 02:20:41 GMT.
- Biden tendng to business in SKorea visit with Hyundai exec
President Joe Biden is tending to both business and security interests as he wraps up a three-day visit to South Korea on Sunday
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Sun, 22 May 2022 02:03:05 GMT.
- North Korea reports 'positive trend' in Covid-19 fight as fever cases dip
Daily "fever" cases drop below 200,000 for first time in nearly 10 days.
Straits Times. Sun, 22 May 2022 06:20:26 +0800.
- Biden Moves to Reassure South Korea of Help in Countering Nuclear-Armed North
President Biden said he would consider expanding joint military exercises that were scaled back during the Trump administration.
Peter Baker and Zolan Kanno-youngs. New York Times. Sat, 21 May 2022 16:13:02 +0000.
- Biden open to talks with North Korea only if Kim 'serious' about curbing weapons programs
President Biden on Saturday said he is open to meeting with Kim Jong Un on the condition that the North Korean leader is "serious" about curbing its weapons programs.
Joseph Clark. Washington Times. Sat, 21 May 2022 11:05:38 -0400.
- US and South Korea step up moves to deter North's nuclear threat - but offer COVID-19 aid
America and South Korea have agreed to expand military exercises to counter the threat from the North, while at the same time offering Pyongyang help to tackle its COVID-19 outbreak.
Sky News. Sat, 21 May 2022 09:59:00 +0100.
- Biden and Yoon mull more military exercises amid N Korea tensions
Pyongyang's nuclear and missile programme tops the agenda as Yoon hosts Biden for their first in-person talks.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 21 May 2022 06:31:14 +0000.
- Two Secret Service employees sent home from South Korea after alleged incident with taxi driver
Two Secret Service employees are being sent back to the U.S. ...
Lexi Lonas. The Hill. Fri, 20 May 2022 15:22:16 +0000.
- US Secret Service duo sent home after Seoul 'incident'
The pair were involved in an off-duty incident in South Korea ahead of US President Biden's visit.
BBC News. Fri, 20 May 2022 14:40:33 GMT.
- Biden kicks off Asia trip with Samsung tour in South Korea to solidify trade ties
President Biden pledged Friday to bring the U.S.-South Korea relationship to "greater heights" as he kicked off an East Asia swing at a semiconductor manufacturer owned by Samsung, a company investing billions in the U.S.
Tom Howell Jr.. Washington Times. Fri, 20 May 2022 07:21:59 -0400.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: Fear palpable as virus takes hold in North Korea
On a recent nighttime visit to a drugstore, a double-masked Kim Jong Un lamented the slow delivery of medicine. Separately, the North Korean leader's lieutenants have quarantined hundreds of thousands of suspected Covid-19 ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 19 May 2022 20:29:28 +1200.
- US warns over risk of hiring North Korea IT workers
The remote workers allegedly aim to help fund Pyongyang's advanced weapons programmes.
BBC News. Tue, 17 May 2022 04:08:15 GMT.
- South Korea to acquire 40 training helicopters
South Korea has signed a KRW170 billion (USD132.6 million) deal with Bell Textron Asia to purchase 40 helicopters for basic flight training by 2025.
Janes 360. Mon, 16 May 2022 07:50:10 Z.
- Covid Rips Through North Korea As 15 More Deaths And Nearly 300,000 New Cases Reported
After reporting its first-ever Covid-19 outbreak on Thursday, North Korea has recorded more than 820,000 cases.
By Siladitya Ray, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Sun, 15 May 2022 07:10:36 -0400.
- Senate resolution would urge Biden administration to designate Russia as state sponsor of terrorism sponsor under Putin
The Biden administration so far has not added Russia to a list of state sponsors of terror, which are limited to Cuba, Iran, North Korea and Syria.
CNBC. Tue, 10 May 2022 20:09:32 GMT.
- Outbound Tourism from South Korea Set to Boom with COVID-19 Travel Restrictions Easing Up
Due to plummeting traveller confidence and stringent COVID-19 measures, outbound tourism from South Korea reduced to mere fractions of what they were in pre-pandemic times. ...
Travel Industry Wire. 2022-05-02 07:58:18 EST.
The Korean Peninsula, located in northeast Asia, comprises the states
of North Korea and South Korea.
The Democratic People's Republic of Korea, also known as North Korea, is
located in the northern part of the peninsula. North Korea's
capital city is Pyongyang, and its national currency is the
(North Korean) Won. Korean is the country's official language, and
in 2020, the estimated population of North Korea was 25,778,816.
For more news and information about North Korea, visit the official
The Republic of Korea, also known as South Korea, is located in the
southern part of the peninsula. South Korea's capital city is
Seoul, and its national currency is the (South Korean) Won.
Korean is the nation's official language, and in 2020, South Korea's
population was estimated at 51,269,185. For more news and
information about South Korea, visit the official
Republic of Korea website.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about North Korea and South Korea