- S.Korea and U.S. military fire FOUR surface-to-surface missiles in response to N. Korea missile test
South Korea and the U.S. military fired a volley of missiles into the sea in response to North Korea's launch of a ballistic missile over Japan - the longest-range test they've launched to date.
Daily Mail. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 02:21:32 GMT.
- US, Japan, South Korea Condemn North Korean Missile Launch
In response to North Korea's test-firing of a ballistic missile over Japan, on Wednesday the U.S. and South Korea ran precision bombing exercises and launched their own series of missiles. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 21:43:55 -0400.
- US, South Korea test-fire missiles in continued response after North Korea launch
The United States and South Korea launched four missiles off the east coast of the Korean Peninsula on Wednesday morning local time, according to South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Cnnwire. ABC News. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 00:55:58 +0000.
- South Korea and US fire missiles into sea in response to North Korea
It comes hours after North Korea launched a ballistic missile over Japan, escalating tensions.
BBC News. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 00:15:13 GMT.
- North Korea Fires Ballistic Missile Over Japan in Major Escalation
The last time Pyongyang launched a weapon over Japan was in 2017, when Donald J. Trump was president and Kim Jong-un seemed intent on escalating conflict with Washington.
Motoko Rich and Choe Sang-hun. New York Times. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 22:52:52 +0000.
- Explosion at South Korea air base believed to be an accident
A giant explosion has happened at an airbase in South Korea.
Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 05 Oct 2022 06:25:25 +1100.
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
Some Japanese woke to the sound of sirens and warnings to take cover as the missile flew above.
BBC News. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 17:09:52 GMT.
- North Korea ups the ante with first missile test over Japan in years
The test of the suspected Hwasong-12 rocket set off warning alarms in northern Japan, and drew a quick military response from the U.S. and South Korea.
CBS News. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 09:23:54 -0400.
- North Korea fires IRBM over Japan
North Korea launched an intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM) over Japan on 4 October, according to neighbouring countries.
Janes 360. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 07:20:08 Z.
- South Korean and Japanese defense stocks are rallying after North Korea fired a missile over Japan
Shares of South Korean and Japanese defense firms rose sharply in Asia's session after the North launched a ballistic missile that flew over Japanese territory.
CNBC. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 06:17:14 GMT.
- Residents told to take cover after North Korea fires missile over Japan for first time in five years
Nuclear-armed North Korea has fired a ballistic missile over Japan for the first time in five years.
Sky News. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 02:07:00 +0100.
- North Korea launches ballistic missile over northern Japan in latest weapons test
Residents in northeastern regions ordered to evacuate buildings for first time since 2017
Graeme Massie. The Independent. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 01:00:22 GMT.
- North Korea reportedly fires missile over Japan, South Korea
North Korea today fired a ballistic missile over Japan, its neighbours said, escalating tests of weapons designed to strike key targets in regional US allies amid stalled nuclear diplomacy.The Japanese prime minister's office ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 12:02:59 +1200.
- North Korea fires missile over Japan, some residents warned to take cover
The missile was the first to fly over or past Japan from North Korea since 2017.
Straits Times. Tue, 04 Oct 2022 06:42:27 +0800.
- North Korea conducts 4th round of missile tests in 1 week
The North's testing spree is seen as a response to recent naval drills between South Korea and the U.S. and their other training that involved Japan.
CBS News. Sat, 01 Oct 2022 09:46:04 -0400.
- North Korea fires fourth round of ballistic missiles this week
North Korea fired its fourth round of ballistic missiles in the past week on Saturday local time, the State Department confirmed. ...
Jared Gans. The Hill. Sat, 01 Oct 2022 01:55:09 +0000.
- North Korea fires ballistic missiles in latest tests amid tension
Japanese official reported that the missiles travelled 400km (250 miles) and at a maximum altitude of 50km (30 miles).
Al Jazeera. Sat, 01 Oct 2022 01:03:50 +0000.
- Putin says US essentially still occupies Germany, Japan, South Korea
The Russian leader said "the entire world" knows that the leaders of these countries are spied on
Tass. Fri, 30 Sep 2022 18:31:56 +0300.
- U.S., South Korea are working to 'rectify the problems' on EV subsidies, South Korea trade minister says
South Korean officials have established a "bilateral engagement channel" with U.S. counterparts to resolve issues stemming from the Inflation Reduction Act.
CNBC. Fri, 30 Sep 2022 00:19:12 GMT.
- Kamala Harris to visit DMZ on Thursday
Vice President Kamala Harris will visit the demilitarized zone separating North and South Korea later this week, the White House confirmed Tuesday.
Joseph Clark. Washington Times. Mon, 26 Sep 2022 22:51:13 -0400.
The Korean Peninsula, located in northeast Asia, comprises the states
of North Korea and South Korea.
The Democratic People's Republic of Korea, also known as North Korea, is
located in the northern part of the peninsula. North Korea's
capital city is Pyongyang, and its national currency is the
(North Korean) Won. Korean is the country's official language, and
in 2020, the estimated population of North Korea was 25,778,816.
For more news and information about North Korea, visit the official
The Republic of Korea, also known as South Korea, is located in the
southern part of the peninsula. South Korea's capital city is
Seoul, and its national currency is the (South Korean) Won.
Korean is the nation's official language, and in 2020, South Korea's
population was estimated at 51,269,185. For more news and
information about South Korea, visit the official
Republic of Korea website.
Copyright © 2008-2022 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about North Korea and South Korea