- North Korea is expanding its plutonium-producing nuclear reactor, satellite images reveal
The former dormant Yongbyon Nuclear Research Facility, which is capable of enriching uranium for nuclear weapons, is being renovated.
Daily Mail. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 12:59:25 GMT.
- South Korean military to deploy VTOL UAVs for coastal surveillance and reconnaissance
The Republic of Korea Army (RoKA) and Marine Corps (RoKMC) will deploy locally sourced vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) on ...
Janes 360. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 08:14:51 Z.
- NKo TV airs footage of missile launch from train
North Korea said on Thursday it successfully launched ballistic missiles from a train for the first time and was continuing to bolster its defences, after the two Koreas test-fired missiles hours apart in dueling displays of military might.
AfricaNews. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 19:15:11 +0000.
- North Korea Says It Has Tested Rail-Launched Ballistic Missile As Arms Race With South Escalates
The announcement comes just a day after both North and South Korea carried out ballistic missile tests.
By Siladitya Ray, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 08:57:48 -0400.
- North Korea warns of 'destruction' of ties with the South over missile tests
The powerful sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Wednesday (local time) criticised South Korea's president and threatened a "complete destruction" of bilateral relations after both countries tested ballistic missiles ...
New Zealand Herald. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 15:30:00 +1200.
- US 'naive' about talks with Kim Jong Un, says leading South Korea presidential candidate
Pyongyang will just pretend to back down, added Hong Joon-pyo.
Straits Times. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 08:22:10 +0800.
- N. Korea test fires more missiles, South answers with its own test
Ballistic missile test comes just 2 days after the North said it tested a new long-range missile. This time, South Korea appears to have responded with its own weapons tests.
CBS News. Wed, 15 Sep 2021 19:09:00 -0400.
- North Korea missile tests were by new 'railway-borne' system, state media says
Missiles fired by North Korea were tests of a new "railway-borne missile system", according to the state news agency KCNA.
Sky News. Wed, 15 Sep 2021 22:28:00 +0100.
- North and South Korea test ballistic missiles hours apart
The tests highlight an arms race on the peninsula, as nuclear talks with North Korea remain stalled.
BBC News. Wed, 15 Sep 2021 13:42:47 GMT.
- North Korea fires 2 ballistic missiles; Japan's Suga rips test as 'absolutely outrageous'
North Korea reportedly fired two ballistic missiles into waters off its east coast Wednesday, in the direction of Japan, prompting Japan's prime minister to denounce the action as "absolutely outrageous," according to reports.
Dom Calicchio. Fox News. Wed, 15 Sep 2021 04:53:33 GMT.
- Press review: North Korea tests new missile and Iran agrees to revive nuke talks
Top stories from the Russian press on Tuesday, September 14th
Tass. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 13:00:00 +0300.
- Rights body urges South Korea to pass anti-discrimination law
Human Rights Watch says legislation would protect vulnerable young South Koreans including LGBTQ people from harassment.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 07:35:05 +0000.
- VOA Asia for Tuesday September 14
U.S. Afghan refugees hit roadblocks. Taliban rules for educating women. North Korea missile test. U.S. debates Biden vaccine mandate. Mobile classrooms for India's urban poor. Broadway set to finally reopen.
Voice of America. Mon, 13 Sep 2021 18:05:00 -0400.
- North Korea claims to have tested long-range cruise missiles
North Korean officials said the cruise missiles, which had been under development for two years, successfully hit targets 932 miles away during its flight tests on Saturday and Sunday.
CBS News. Mon, 13 Sep 2021 15:29:37 -0400.
- North Korea tests new long-range cruise missile
It suggests the country is developing new weapons despite food shortages and an economic crisis.
BBC News. Mon, 13 Sep 2021 15:06:09 GMT.
- WATCH: North Korea tests new long-range cruise missiles
The state media claimed the test missiles hit targets more than 900 miles away.
ABC News. Mon, 13 Sep 2021 10:14:00 -0400.
- North Korea Reports Test of New Cruise Missile as Arms Race Intensifies
The test was not a violation of U.N. sanctions but signaled the development of increasingly powerful weapons on the Korean Peninsula.
Choe Sang-hun. New York Times. Mon, 13 Sep 2021 02:14:20 +0000.
- North Korea Test-fires Long-range Cruise Missile, State Media Says
The missiles reportedly flew 1,500 km (930 miles) before hitting their targets and falling into the country's territorial waters during the tests on Saturday and Sunday.
Voice of America. Sun, 12 Sep 2021 18:47:22 -0400.
- BTS, TXT, Astro, Red Velvet, Cravity, CIX And Stray Kids: The 10 Bestselling Albums In Korea In August
Three albums sold at least 500,000 copies in South Korea in August alone.
By Hugh Mcintyre, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 12 Sep 2021 17:45:00 -0400.
- Shell is looking to develop a huge floating offshore wind farm in South Korea
Company says project is in "a feasibility assessment stage."
CNBC. Fri, 03 Sep 2021 11:48:17 GMT.
The Korean Peninsula, located in northeast Asia, comprises the states
of North Korea and South Korea.
The Democratic People's Republic of Korea, also known as North Korea, is
located in the northern part of the peninsula. North Korea's
capital city is Pyongyang, and its national currency is the
(North Korean) Won. Korean is the country's official language, and
in 2020, the estimated population of North Korea was 25,778,816.
For more news and information about North Korea, visit the official
The Republic of Korea, also known as South Korea, is located in the
southern part of the peninsula. South Korea's capital city is
Seoul, and its national currency is the (South Korean) Won.
Korean is the nation's official language, and in 2020, South Korea's
population was estimated at 51,269,185. For more news and
information about South Korea, visit the official
Republic of Korea website.
Copyright © 2008-2021 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about North Korea and South Korea