- Nancy Pelosi accuses Trump of 'violating the Constitution' with border emergency declaration
Pelosi's call marks the first step in a two-pronged Democrat strategy to oppose President Trump, the next stage of which will involve either filing or joining a lawsuit opposing his declaration.
Daily Mail. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 16:24:09 GMT.
- Pelosi backs bill to block Trump's emergency declaration
Nancy Pelosi wrote a letter to members backing the bill. Trump's emergency declaration also faces a multi-state lawsuit led by California's attorney general
CBS News. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 02:45:56 +0000.
- Pelosi asks members to support resolution against emergency declaration
Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) circulated Wednesday a letter asking members of Congress to sign onto a resolution to terminate President Trump's border emergency declaration.The resolution, presented by Rep. ...
Rafael Bernal. The Hill. Thu, 21 Feb 2019 01:41:13 +0000.
- Meet the DOJ veteran helping House Democrats take on the Trump administration
Douglas Letter, a Justice veteran, is advising Speaker Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats as they prepare to take on the Trump administration and the president's policies.
ABC News. Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:50:49 -0500.
- Comment: How to screw up an emergency declaration in 10 easy steps
None other than Ann Coulter declared on Friday, "The only national emergency is that our president is an idiot." She has a point. The president's declaration, in the words of Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 18 Feb 2019 18:52:43 +1200.
- Nancy Pelosi warns Democrat president could declare national emergency on guns
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that if President Trump can declare a national emergency to construct his border wall, a Democratic president can use the same powers to take all sorts of steps the GOP won't like. ...
Stephen Dinan. Washington Times. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 18:09:13 -0500.
- Border security deal "win" for Americans: Pelosi
Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Wednesday the bipartisan border security deal is a compromise and a win for the American people. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).
Yahoo. Wed, 13 Feb 2019 13:52:19 -0500.
- Sen. Cornyn Slams Pelosi For Making Border Security a Partisan Issue
Republican Sen. John Cornyn criticized House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for making the debate about border security a partisanship issue in order to attack President Donald Trump.
Newsmax. Sun, 10 Feb 2019 16:37:29 EDT.
- Nancy Pelosi attends Clive Davis gala, gets rock star treatment
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. — The audience at Clive Davis' white-hot gala included Barbra Streisand, Joni Mitchell and Kareem Abdul Jabbar, but it was House Speaker Nancy Pelosi who got the most requests to take a selfie. ...
Mesfin Fekadu. Washington Times. Sun, 10 Feb 2019 05:55:51 -0500.
- Hillary Clinton says Nancy Pelosi is proving that 'it often takes a woman to get the job done'
The former Secretary of State said that Nancy Pelosi has "proved yet again" that it "often takes a woman to get the job done."
CNBC. Fri, 08 Feb 2019 12:57 GMT.
- Hillary Clinton on Nancy Pelosi: 'It often takes a woman to get the job done'
Hillary Clinton praised Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi on Thursday for the influx of women running for political office, saying the California Democrat proves "it often takes a woman to get the job done."
Nicole Darrah. Fox News. Thu, 07 Feb 2019 23:13:29 GMT.
- House Speaker Pelosi sees chance of border security deal soon
U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday expressed optimism over prospects of congressional negotiators hammering out a border security deal before a Feb. ...
Reuters. Thu, 07 Feb 2019 13:05:09 -0500.
- Top Democrat: There won't be another shutdown over Trump's wall
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tells Politico another shutdown over Trump's border wall demand 'isn't going to happen'.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 07 Feb 2019 16:30:12 GMT.
- Pelosi Says She Will Back a Bipartisan Border Deal, Putting the Onus on Trump
Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she hoped the White House would let the group of House and Senate lawmakers come to their conclusion ahead of the Feb. 15 deadline to keep the government fully funded.
Emily Cochrane. New York Times. Thu, 07 Feb 2019 00:20:59 GMT.
- Trump skips tradition and begins SOTU without House Speaker Pelosi introducing him
Traditionally, the Speaker of the House introduces the President before he begins the State of the Union address. President Trump did not wait for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to introduce him this year. … Click to Continue »
McClatchy. Tue, 05 Feb 2019 23:29:37 EST.
- In Super Bowl Interview, Trump Goes On Offense
President Trump criticized House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on border security in an interview with CBS. The interview aired two days before a speech in which Trump is expected to call for compromise.
Scott Horsley. NPR. Sun, 03 Feb 2019 13:06:33 -0500.
- 2/1/19: CBSN Evening News
President Trump: Nancy Pelosi is doing a terrible disservice to our country; Three young fans get their wish to see the big game.
CBS News. Sat, 02 Feb 2019 04:48:39 +0000.
- Trump and Pelosi battle over border wall funding, prompting fears of another government shutdown
'There's not going to be any wall money in the legislation' said Nancy Pelosi
Sarah Harvard. The Independent. Thu, 31 Jan 2019 22:00:05 +0000.
- Trump and Pelosi harden positions in wall battle with 2 weeks until the next shutdown deadline
"There's not going to be any wall money in the legislation," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told reporters on Thursday morning. Hours later, Trump said, "If they don't give us a wall, it doesn't work."
CNBC. Thu, 31 Jan 2019 21:43 GMT.
- Pelosi Invites Trump to Address Nation Next Week
U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has re-invited President Donald Trump to address the nation Feb. 5 from the Capitol. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 28 Jan 2019 18:45:58 -0500.