- Greta Thunberg rally is crashed by counter-protest led by truck convoy of oil and gas workers
Greta Thunberg joined thousands of protesters marching in Canada's energy heartland Alberta yesterday as a counter-rally led by a truck convoy of oil and gas workers converged on Edmonton.
Daily Mail. Sat, 19 Oct 2019 13:35:06 GMT.
- Budge and Ibrahim party in the USA
Sarah Budge has put her gun charges trial behind her, heading overseas with boyfriend John Ibrahim for a belated celebration.
Lucy Manly. Sydney Morning Herald. Sun, 20 Oct 2019 00:00:00 +1100.
- Three Major Technological Changes That Are Going To Redefine The Automotive Sector And Change OurLives
A major change in its propulsion technology, a shift in the property model, and another change in the usage pattern: three major technological changes that are going to redefine the automotive sector and change ourlives.
By Enrique Dans, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 19 Oct 2019 12:05:19 +0000.
- 8-Year-Old Australian Boy Reels in Possible World-Record Tiger Shark
Life is a bit different “down under.” While many young hunters in the United States are gearing up for deer season, a boy in Australia had his sights set on a very different game. ...
Benjamin Arie. Western Journal. Sat, 19 Oct 2019 07:15:57 +0000.
- Heartburn drug Zantac recalled in Canada, U.S. over contamination fears
Health Canada said it was investigating the possible presence of a carcinogen in some ranitidine drugs available by prescription and over-the-counter.
CBC News. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 20:47:51 EDT.
- Asylum-seeking Mexicans are more prominent at US border
CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (AP) - Lizbeth Garcia tended to her 3-year-old son outside a tent pitched on a sidewalk, their temporary home while they wait for their number to be called to claim asylum in the United States. ...
Cedar Attansio and Astrid Galvan. Washington Times. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 19:59:57 -0400.
- United States Steel (X) Gains As Market Dips: What You Should Know
United States Steel (X) closed at $10.72 in the latest trading session, marking a +0.85% move from the prior day.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 21:45:25 GMT.
- Canada election: Your questions answered
We answer a sample of readers' questions about Canada's federal election.
BBC News. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 20:19:20 GMT.
- Oil Production in U.S. GOM Sets Record in 2018, EIA Says
U.S. crude oil production in the Gulf of Mexico hit a record annual level of 1.8 million b/d in 2018, according to the Energy Information Administration, which projects that volumes will continue rising this year and next.
Natural Gas Intel. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 11:30:00 -0400.
- El Chapo's son released after capture as violence erupts in Mexico's state of Sinaloa
Violence erupted in the capital of Mexico's Sinaloa state as one of "El Chapo" Guzman's sons was taken into custody and then released.
Wls. ABC News. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 15:01:27 +0000.
- J&J to Recall Some Baby Powder as FDA Finds Traces of Asbestos
Johnson & Johnson said on Friday it is recalling around 33,000 bottles of baby powder in the United States after the U.S. health regulators found trace amounts of asbestos in samples taken from a bottle purchased online.
Newsmax. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 10:49:33 EDT.
- Gretchen Wilson urges fans to put hotel that kicked her out over noise complaints 'out of business'
Gretchen Wilson wants a New Mexico hotel shut down/
Andy Sahadeo. Fox News. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 13:51:44 GMT.
- European tech company picks Dallas area for first U.S. location
A Dutch technology company is opening its first outpost in the United States in North Texas.
Brian Womack. American City Business Journals. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 13:20:51 +0000.
- Reuters: Kremlin wants information from Turkey about Syria deal with US
The Kremlin said late on Oct. 18 it expected to receive information from Turkey after Ankara agreed on a deal with the United States to halt its offensive in Syria for five days, the RIA news agency reported. Read more here. ...
Anastasia Shepeleva. Kyiv Post. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 10:08:46 +0000.
- 2019 40 Under 40: Achilles Thomas
Achilles Thomas drew his inspiration from his grandfather, who came to the United States from Greece unable to speak the language and with no contacts.
Chris Erickson. American City Business Journals. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 08:30:00 +0000.
- Albuquerque Balloon Festival Draws Massive Crowds
Every October, for the past 48 years, hot air balloons have been filling the skies over Albuquerque, New Mexico, giving spectators both on and off the ground a visual feast of rare beauty. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 03:22:10 -0400.
- Trudeau could lose power in Canada's election Monday
TORONTO (AP) - Ian Bremmer remembers the first time he met Justin Trudeau, at the annual gathering of elites in the Swiss ski resort of Davos. ...
Rob Gillies. Washington Times. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 00:03:17 -0400.
- What do Canadians think of Trudeau's record?
The BBC travelled around Canada to talk to voters ahead of the federal election on 21 October.
BBC News. Thu, 17 Oct 2019 19:07:11 GMT.
- Scorching Hot Take: September Was North America's Warmest Ever
September tied the record for the warmest average global temperatures during that month, according to a new NOAA report.
Live Science. Thu, 17 Oct 2019 18:05:15 +0000.
- Best Small Project (Under $10 million): Manning Crevice Bridge
The Manning Crevice Bridge is only the seventh structure in the world built as a single-tower asymmetrical roadway suspension bridge, and it is believed to be the first one in North America.
Engineering News-Record. Thu, 17 Oct 2019 13:24:00 -0400.