- Artists Clobbered By COVID-19, With 2.7 Million Creative Job Losses In The United States, Study Finds
Major museums and mega galleries fired employees and slashed salaries even as they took tens of millions in PPP funding when the COVID-19 pandemic shut down the global art world.
By Natasha Gural, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 17:47:36 -0400.
- $4.3m Mexico-bound fake Air Jordan 1 Diors seized in Dallas
CBP confiscated $4.3 million worth of Air Jordan Dior collaboration sneakers in a shipment that arrived at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport from Hong Kong.
Daily Mail. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 20:29:32 GMT.
- USAA sued for access to allegedly stolen funds
A USAA bank account holder allegedly stole money from her former employer, which is suing the bank to get it back.
Jessica Corso. American City Business Journals. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 19:46:53 +0000.
- Map: State-by-state breakdown of coronavirus travel restrictions
U.S. states and territories are making new rules for travelers. Find which ones across the United States have implemented travel restrictions to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Yahoo. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:25:10 -0400.
- Hockey, Rocked by Racist Acts, Embraces Black Lives Matter Campaigns
To a degree not seen before, players are kneeling for the United States national anthem and speaking out publicly on fighting racism, with backing from the National Hockey League.
Morgan Campbell. New York Times. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 16:21:54 +0000.
- Eugene Robinson: US is 'the s---hole country that nobody wants people from'
MSNBC's Eugene Robinson called the United States "the shithole country that nobody wants people from" during an appearance Tuesday on "Morning Joe."The comments from the longtime Washington Post columnist came ...
Joe Concha. The Hill. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:36:37 +0000.
- Steel Dynamics Wraps Up Zimmer Buyout, Boosts Mexico Business
Steel Dynamics' (STLD) acquisition of Zimmer extends its presence in the region and enhances its raw material supply strategy.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 12:59:00 GMT.
- New Mexico Ethics Commission seeks subpoena for first time
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - The New Mexico State Ethics Commission is invoking its full investigatory powers for the first time with a request for court approval of a subpoena. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 05:51:40 -0400.
- Trump Weighs Blocking US Citizens from Coming Home if Coronavirus Infection Feared
Reuters reported in May that US officials worried that dual US-Mexico citizens might flee to the US if the coronavirus outbreak in Mexico worsened, putting more stress on US hospitals.
Voice of America. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 21:02:49 -0400.
- UN envoy Kelly Craft vows US pushing issue of human rights in China 'at every opportunity we have'
The United States is broaching the topic of human rights issues with China at the United Nations whenever it can, U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Kelly Craft told "The Story" Monday night.
Charles Creitz. Fox News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 00:53:35 GMT.
- ASUR Announces Total Passenger Traffic for July 2020
On a YoY basis, passenger traffic decreased 74.7% in Mexico, 62.4% in Puerto Rico and 99.8% in Colombia.
Travel Industry Wire. 2020-08-10 17:34:48 EST.
- Harry Dunn suspect could face virtual trial from the US
The American woman wanted over the death of Harry Dunn could face a virtual trial without even leaving the United States.
Sky News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 22:46:00 +0100.
- Man City sign World Cup-winning USA midfielder Mewis
United States midfielder and 2019 World Cup winner Sam Mewis says joining Manchester City "is like winning the lottery".
BBC News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 13:31:43 GMT.
- Heat Advisory from the Plains to the Northeast, fire and heat in West
Another heat wave is developing across the eastern United States today all the way from Texas to Massachusetts.
ABC News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 09:09:44 -0400.
- New Mexico tourism industry adjusts to new role during Covid-19 restrictions
After pausing national advertising efforts due to the pandemic in early March, the New Mexico Tourism Department began operating as a go-to source of public health information.
Megan Martin. American City Business Journals. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 12:30:00 +0000.
- Coronavirus: What are the numbers out of Latin America?
Brazil and Mexico, along with other countries in the region, have seen sharp rises in both cases and deaths.
BBC News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 09:03:04 GMT.
- Gulf Arab Countries Back Extension Of UN Arms Embargo On Iran
The Gulf Cooperation Council has sent a letter to the United Nations endorsing an extension of an arms embargo on Iran, which the United States has vehemently argued must not be allowed to expire.
Radio Liberty. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 05:37:08 +0000.
- Australia joins UK joint statement calling for Hong Kong elections
The UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the US have issued a joint statement to call for Hong Kong elections.
Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 02:15:29 +1000.
- US Health and Human Services Secretary Visits Taiwan
Alex Azar's visit comes as relations between United States and China have plunged to historic lows.
Voice of America. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 06:45:55 -0400.
- Predicting drought in the American West just got more difficult
A new study of more than 1,000 years of North American droughts and global conditions found that forecasting a lack of precipitation is rarely straightforward.
Science Daily. Sat, 08 Aug 2020 08:57:50 EDT.