- Canada offers funds to families of Canadian victims of Flight 752
Canada will offer C$25,000 to families of its citizens and permanent residents who died in the disaster.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 17:53:42 GMT.
- Meghan Markle's sister Samantha says 'Prince Harry and Meghan have a lot of apologising to do'
Samantha Markle, 55, who is Mr Markle's daughter from his first marriage, claimed the couple's bombshell decision to quit and emigrate to Canada would have been made by Meghan herself.
Daily Mail. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 15:11:18 GMT.
- Eminem's music video depicts him as Las Vegas mass shooter, encourages fans to vote for gun laws
Rapper Eminem is throwing his weight behind a political cause with the surprise release of his latest album, "Music to Be Murdered By," with tracks that advocate for changes in gun laws in the United States.
Tyler Mccarthy. Fox News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 14:16:21 GMT.
- 3 Funds to Gain From America's Improving Trade Relations
Major trade agreements with China, Canada and Mexico will boost the overall economic conditions in the United States.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 13:56:00 GMT.
- Grupo Mess Named Exclusive Buehler Distributor for Metallographic and Hardness Equipment in Mexico
LAKE BLUFF, Ill. and QUERETARO CITY, Mexico, Jan. 17, 2020 -- Buehler, an ITW Company announces a partnership with Grupo Mess, a leading Mexico supplier of scientific equipment and services specializing in metrology. ...
PR Newswire. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 12:00:00 +0000.
- Social media data needed for 'harm' research, say doctors
Understanding usage by children is key to studying potential harms and benefits, psychiatrists say.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 11:35:18 GMT.
- Glue-free Flexecore encased coil system coming to North American market
A new glue-free, high-density fabric-encased coil system that is potentially up to 100% recyclable will soon become available to North American mattress manufacturers thanks to an expanded joint venture between HSM and Spinks. ...
Perry. Furniture Today. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 11:00:12 +0000.
- Australia to push China to match dairy trade concessions made to US
Australian trade negotiators will push Beijing to match its concessions to the United States for Australian dairy producers.
Eryk Bagshaw. Sydney Morning Herald. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 21:00:00 +1100.
- Hustle or slow walk? Timing of new NAFTA now up to Canada
Thursday's Senate vote means the revised North American free trade agreement is on its way to Donald Trump's desk for a signature, possibly as early as next week. But how quickly will Canada ratify?
CBC News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 04:00:00 EST.
- Ruling: Casino employee can't claim workers' comp benefits
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - A New Mexico Supreme Court decision says at least some tribal casino workers injured on the job can't receive benefits through the state's workers' compensation program. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 00:21:05 -0500.
- Senate Passes North American Trade Pact
The international accord replaces the 25-year-old NAFTA, and governs trade between the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Voice of America. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 22:10:45 -0500.
- NHL draft pick inspires dreams as big as the Yukon
Sabres prospect Dylan Cozens is bringing inspiration and excitement to a remote region of Canada.
By Gerald Narciso. American City Business Journals. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 01:20:44 +0000.
- ACLU Leads Suit Against US 3rd-Country Asylum Policy
The Trump administration's safe third country asylum deals to curb illegal immigration through Mexico face a court challenge filed by the American Civil Liberties Union and other human rights groups. ...
Newsmax. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 20:59:18 EDT.
- Natural Gas Forwards Resume Slide as January Warmth Continues
After a one-week reprieve, natural gas forwards resumed their slide, with sharp double-digit decreases seen across much of the United States as warm weather appears to prevail for the rest of the month.
Natural Gas Intel. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 16:13:00 -0500.
- After Kicking Off In New York City, Starbucks Takes Its Newest Store Idea To Canada
Last November, Starbucks unveiled a new type of outlet in New York City. Now, it's coming to Toronto.
By Micheline Maynard, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 20:14:53 +0000.
- Executive Voice: He heads a leading manufacturer in Cary with 22K employees
Jim Metcalf is the CEO of Cornerstone Building Brands, based in Cary. Cornerstone is a top manufacturer of windows in North America and has major market shares in other lines.
Dane Huffman. American City Business Journals. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 17:20:00 +0000.
- Cancer study may accidentally help researchers create usable blood stem cells
A new study shows that cancer-causing MLL gene may also push pluripotent stem cells to make hematopoietic stem cells, a strong step in the decades-long effort to make personalizable, durable blood stem cells.
Science Daily. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 12:18:47 EST.
- Fit for a princess: these are the Vancouver homes Harry and Meghan should move into right now
We've picked out some of the best luxury Vancouver homes that could be a perfect fit for Harry and Meghan when they move to Canada.
Veronika Bondarenko. Inman. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 17:12:08 +0000.
- Viking Announces Launch Of New Expedition Voyages
Purpose-Built Ships Will Bring Guests to the Far Reaches of the Earth and the Heart of North America Beginning in 2022
Travel Industry Wire. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 12:07:02 EST.
- US-China 'Phase One' deal paves way for apparel tariff cuts
The United States and China have signed the long-anticipated 'Phase One' trade agreement between the two countries, in a move that paves the way for punitive tariffs imposed on most US apparel imports from China to be cut in half.
Just Style. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 12:32:00 GMT.