- 'It has hit us with a vengeance': Coronavirus surges again across the United States
After weeks of warnings that cases were again on the rise, a third surge of coronavirus infection threatens to be the worst of the pandemic yet in the country.
Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 21 Oct 2020 23:33:57 +1100.
- Ericsson (ERIC) Q3 Earnings Beat on 5G Momentum, Shares Up
Ericsson's (ERIC) third-quarter 2020 results reflect growth in 5G deployments in North-East Asia and North America.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 21 Oct 2020 12:29:00 GMT.
- Poll finds UK is viewed as America's closest ally by Trump AND Biden voters
EXCLUSIVE: Research by Public First found both Donald Trump and Joe Biden supporters rated Britain as their closest friend - above even neighbouring Canada.
Daily Mail. Wed, 21 Oct 2020 10:55:50 +0100.
- Parents of 545 children separated at border can't be found
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Court-appointed lawyers said Tuesday that they have been unable to find parents of 545 children who were separated at the U.S. border with Mexico early in the Trump administration. ...
Elliot Spagat. Washington Times. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 23:36:57 -0400.
- US election: Donald Trump cuts off 60 Minutes interview in frustration
The United States is precisely two weeks out from election day, and two days away from the final debate.With that in mind, Joe Biden has been mostly absent from the campaign trail, using the time to prepare for the ...
New Zealand Herald. Wed, 21 Oct 2020 13:05:16 +1200.
- Suspect accused of shooting New Mexico Trump supporters' horse in alleged politically charged attack
A New Mexico couple who found their horse shot dead earlier this month believes the attack have motivated by their support of President Donald Trump.
Bradford Betz. Fox News. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 21:51:24 GMT.
- Ford Vs. General Electric: The Blue Chip Race Back To $10
Two of the most well-known companies in the United States are trading under $10. Analysts have given both of these companies $10 price targets. ...
Yahoo. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 16:55:44 -0400.
- City, Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber unveil multimillion-dollar stimulus for restaurants
Amid a pandemic that shows no signs of subsiding, the city of Cincinnati and Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber announced a $4 million program aimed at helping restaurants and bars get through the winter.
Chris Wetterich. American City Business Journals. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 19:59:00 +0000.
- EU calls on Russia and USA to prolong New START before February 2021
Moscow has repeatedly called on Washington not to delay prolongation of the treaty it describes as a golden standard in the area of disarmament
Tass. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 22:14:05 +0300.
- Russia Hits Back At West Over Cyberattacks: Who Wins War Of Words?
The Kremlin has responded to charges of cyberattacks by accusing the United States and United Kingdom of trying to blame Russia "for just everything." It's a new battle in the war of words.
By James Rodgers, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 13:37:30 -0400.
- Lost and found: Geologists 'resurrect' missing tectonic plate
A team of geologists believes they have found the lost plate known as Resurrection in northern Canada by using existing mantle tomography images.
Science Daily. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 13:14:03 EDT.
- Strongsville could land Chinese smart-card maker
OMEC Smart Card LLC, based in the Qingpu Industry Area of Shanghai, China, is thinking about buying a building in Strongsville to serve its North American customers, Team NEO said in a written statement.
Mary Vanac. American City Business Journals. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:34:56 +0000.
- Mexico to Extradite Drug Lord to US
Co-founder of Los Zetas drug cartel to be extradited to US
Voice of America. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 03:47:23 -0400.
- New Mexico waives job search requirements amid pandemic
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - The spike in reported COVID-19 infections has prompted New Mexico labor officials to continue waiving until further notice job search requirements for those receiving unemployment benefits. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 00:10:40 -0400.
- How Many Plants Have We Wiped Out? Here Are 5 Extinction Stories
Botanists have laid out evidence that dozens of North American trees, herbs, plants and shrubs have gone extinct since European settlers arrived.
Marion Renault. New York Times. Mon, 19 Oct 2020 18:46:42 +0000.
- Supreme Court to review Trump's 'Remain in Mexico' immigration policy
If Joe Biden were to win the presidential election and rescind the policy, the case would become largely moot.
Ap. ABC News. Mon, 19 Oct 2020 16:05:48 +0000.
- Inside Canada's decades-long lobster feud
A fight over indigenous rights has erupted in Canada's billion-dollar lobster fishing industry.
BBC News. Mon, 19 Oct 2020 15:31:02 GMT.
- September was a record-breaking month for prices, sales and speed
Rising home prices, increasing sales and fewer days on market characterized a historic September in the United States, according to a report issued Monday by Redfin.
Lillian Dickerson. Inman. Mon, 19 Oct 2020 15:26:25 +0000.
- Brexit: What is an Australia-style trade deal and what could it mean for the UK?
Boris Johnson has claimed the EU has refused to agree to the "Canada-style" trade deal he wanted for the UK so it will now be "more like Australia's".
Sky News. Mon, 19 Oct 2020 10:30:00 +0100.
- The place in North America with no Covid-19 cases
Nunavut, in Canada's north, has managed to keep coronavirus out of its communities.
BBC News. Sun, 18 Oct 2020 23:09:08 GMT.