- Canada resettled more refugees than any other country in 2018
The country outstripped the United States for refugee resettlement for the first time since 1980.
BBC News. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 22:48:48 GMT.
- UNICEF USA BrandVoice: Long-Range Drones Deliver Medical Supplies To Remote Areas Of Malawi
The UNICEF Humanitarian Drone Corridor in Malawi is a testing ground for innovative drone projects that can help save lives.
By Lauren Davitt, Unicef Usa. Forbes. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 20:55:04 +0000.
- Nike (NKE) Q4 2019 Earnings Preview: China, North America & More
Shares of Nike (NKE) have fallen nearly 4% over the last three months after the sportswear powerhouse warned Wall Street of slowing growth last quarter. ...
Benjamin Rains. Zacks. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 20:25:00 GMT.
- Capsule that takes ultrasound images of the stomach after being swallowed could replace endoscopy
The new device, called Sonopill, is wirelessly guided through the colon using an outer body magnet and artificial intelligence, a team from England, Scotland, the US and Canada found.
Daily Mail. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 20:23:29 GMT.
- Juneteenth: The oldest known celebration commemorating the end of slavery in the U.S.
Juneteenth is the oldest known celebration commemorating the ending of slavery in the United States.
Wls. ABC News. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 17:20:53 +0000.
- U.S. Navy says mine fragments, magnet point to Iran in Gulf tanker attack
The United States Navy on Wednesday displayed limpet mine fragments and a magnet it said it had removed from one of two oil tankers attacked in the Gulf of Oman last week, saying the mines bore a striking resemblance to Iranian ones. ...
Yahoo. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 07:24:29 -0400.
- Lead paint halts refit work inside Canada's oldest coast guard vessel
Workers doing maintenance on the Canadian Coast Guard Ship Hudson in St. John's have been offered blood tests after lead paint was discovered during the ship's refit. ...
CBC News. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 05:00:00 EDT.
- Canada's Trudeau Approves Controversial Pipeline Expansion
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau first approved the project, which is opposed by many environmental groups, in 2016, but Tuesday's announcement means construction can begin later this year.
Scott Neuman. NPR. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 02:41:00 -0400.
- Overruling His Experts, Pompeo Keeps Saudis Off US Child Soldiers List
US secretary of state's move comes amid heightened tensions between the United States and Iran, the Saudis' bitter regional rival.
Voice of America. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:51:08 -0400.
- America's birthday is always a reason to celebrate
We enjoy no small measure of freedom and liberty here in the United States of America. We need to act like it and stop whining. ...
Deborah Simmons. Washington Times. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:34:17 -0400.
- Roscosmos not considering Orion spacecraft for delivering Russian cosmonauts to space
The Orion spacecraft will be delivered to the orbit by the Space Launch System (SLS) carrier rocket currently being developed in the United States
Tass. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 03:22:22 +0300.
- 2020 BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe adds a usable second row - Roadshow
It'll be available in both I6 and V8 flavors, and it'll be out before the end of the year.
Andrew Krok. CNET. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 23:11:37 +0000.
- Report: US Plastic Overwhelming Impoverished Nations
The United States ships hundreds of thousands of tons of plastic to impoverished countries around the globe for recycling, a process that the people there find overwhelming, The Guardian reports.
Newsmax. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:53:37 EDT.
- Trans Mountain: Canada approves $5.5bn oil pipeline project
The controversial oil pipeline expansion project stalled after a court quashed previous approval.
BBC News. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:39:02 GMT.
- Colorado firm continues to consolidate energy tech business with Mass. company
Tendril, which makes software that tracks and manages electricity usage, this week revealed it bought FirstFuel Software, a Lexington-based company that makes customer-engagement software for power utility companies.
Greg Avery. American City Business Journals. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:41:58 +0000.
- De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Delivers First Dash 8-400 Aircraft
Aircraft on its way to Kazakhstan to join Qazaq Air's fleet.
Travel Industry Wire. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 11:45:36 EST.
- Mexico Braces for Sudden Influx of Illegal Immigrants Under Trump Deal
Mexican government officials are bracing to accept more illegal migrants than they likely can handle in order to meet their end of a deal with the Trump administration. As many as 70,000 illegal immigrants in the U.S. ...
Jason Hopkins. Western Journal. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 16:24:15 +0000.
- Risky business: New data show how manatees use shipping channels
New research tracks West Indian manatee movements through nearshore and offshore ship channels in the north-central Gulf of Mexico. ...
Science Daily. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 11:31:33 EDT.
- Bone-Crushing Hyenas Lived in Canada's Arctic During the Last Ice Age
During the last ice age, bone-crushing hyenas stalked the snowy Canadian Arctic, likely satisfying their meat cravings by hunting herds of caribou and horses, while also scavenging mammoth carcasses on the tundra, a new study finds.
Live Science. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 06:44:00 EDT.
- US: We Should Not Yield to Nuclear Extortion by Iranian Regime
The United States says the world should not yield to nuclear extortion by Iran. Tehran announced Monday that it expects to breach the limit of 300 kilograms of uranium production, set by a 2015 international deal, by June 27. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 06:02:27 -0400.