- A Dazzling Display of Glass Artistry in Seattle
Seattle is home to giant multinational companies such as Microsoft and Amazon,. But it's also the home of glass art in the United States. The Chihuly Glass Museum is home to thousands of glass artworks by artist Dale Chihuly. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 05:56:07 -0400.
- Jaylen Brown says time with Popovich is bringing Celtics stars closer
Team USA features four members of the Boston Celtics and forward Jaylen Brown says their time with the national team is bringing them even closer together.
Roy Ward. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 18:01:56 +1000.
- Hannity: Antifa, right-wing fringe groups 'must stop this insanity'
Fox News' Sean Hannity condemned radical protesters from both political extremes who demonstrated in Portland, Ore., over the weekend, saying there is no place in the United States for physical violence in pursuit of political ends.
Charles Creitz. Fox News. Tue, 20 Aug 2019 02:28:17 GMT.
- Gap's Banana Republic Brand to Launch Style Passport in US
Gap's (GPS) Banana Republic brand plans to introduce Style Passport for its women's apparel collection in the United States. This is likely to bring incremental sales.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 22:52:00 GMT.
- UNICEF USA BrandVoice: Celebrating Women Humanitarians On The Front Lines For UNICEF
Every day, brave and dedicated humanitarian aid workers give their all to make the world a better place.
By Unicef Usa Contributor, Unicef Usa. Forbes. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 21:17:37 +0000.
- Canada election: Charities warned against climate change ads
Canada's elections watchdog warned that saying climate change is real could be illegal.
BBC News. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 20:44:26 GMT.
- Nestle USA to shutter Denver ice-cream sales location, lay off 56
The company is changing how it gets ice cream and pizza to the frozen-food aisle.
Greg Avery. American City Business Journals. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 19:37:41 +0000.
- Could negative interest rate mortgages hit the United States?
Zillow Director of Economic Research Skyler Olsen said negative interest rate mortgages aren't likely coming here, and if they did, it would signal trouble.
Marian Mcpherson. Inman. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 19:34:30 +0000.
- Disney reveals where in the world and on what devices fans will be able to watch Disney+
The streaming platform will launch on Nov. 12 in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands.
Annlee Ellingson. American City Business Journals. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 18:24:11 +0000.
- Spiders are getting more aggressive in response to hurricanes
Researchers from McMaster University examined female colonies of the spider known as Anelosimus studiosus, which lives along the Gulf and Atlantic coasts of the United States and Mexico.
Daily Mail. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 16:56:35 GMT.
- U.S. Travel Applauds New Canada-U.S. Preclearance Agreement
U.S. Travel's Tori Barnes issued the following statement on the enactment of the Canada-U.S. Preclearance Agreement.
Travel Industry Wire. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 10:38:51 EST.
- Environmental groups warned that saying climate change is real could be seen as partisan
Some environmental groups say Elections Canada warned them that discussing the dangers of climate change during the upcoming federal campaign could be deemed partisan activity.
CBC News. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 07:14:26 EDT.
- New Mexico company chosen to build border wall part in Texas
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - An Albuquerque-based company has been awarded a more than $80 million contract to building a stretch of new border wall in Texas. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 00:08:39 -0400.
- New Mexico Junior College plan eyes 4-year degree under $10K
HOBBS, N.M. (AP) - New Mexico Junior College wants to help eastern New Mexico students earn a college degree for under $10,000. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 19 Aug 2019 00:07:27 -0400.
- Hong Kong protests: Rival demonstrations spread across globe
Supporters of Beijing and Hong Kong have held rallies in the UK, France, US, Canada and Australia.
BBC News. Sun, 18 Aug 2019 15:05:06 GMT.
- Russia ready to discuss missile issues with US - defense minister
Sergei Shoigu said that Russia will not deploy its missiles in Europe and Asia until the United States does
Tass. Sun, 18 Aug 2019 11:54:13 +0300.
- Mexico City Assesses Damage After Violent Feminist Protest
The disorder Friday night erupted as part of protests that arose this week over a perception that city officials were not adequately investigating rape accusations.
Voice of America. Sat, 17 Aug 2019 22:17:30 -0400.
- Taliban: Killing of Leader's Brother Will Not Derail US Talks
Afghan Taliban officials said on Saturday the killing of the brother of their leader in a bomb attack would not derail talks with the United States aimed at securing the withdrawal of U.S. ...
Newsmax. Sat, 17 Aug 2019 17:07:52 EDT.
- Trump Donates Second-Quarter Salary To Help Fight Opioid Crisis
President Donald Trump will donate his second quarter salary to the Surgeon General’s office to support the fight against opioid addiction and inform the public about the dangers of youth e-cigarette usage. ...
Randy Desoto. Western Journal. Sat, 17 Aug 2019 15:09:20 +0000.
- GP Transco Becomes an Inc. 5000 Company for the Fourth Time
DARIEN, Ill., Aug. 16, 2019 -- GP Transco, one of the fastest-growing trucking and logistics companies in the United States, earned a position on the Inc. 5000 listing for the fourth year, with a 3-year growth of 202% and rank #1980. ...
PR Newswire. Fri, 16 Aug 2019 23:30:00 +0000.